April 29, 2024, 03:23:28 AM

Author Topic: The official fly-under-the-radar award goes to...  (Read 6124 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
The official fly-under-the-radar award goes to...
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:07:35 PM »
Just came across an apparent Strike Squad member that even Tallman never heard of:

Gregory Moss-Brown

Anyone heard of him?

His profile: Hartwick University All American, capped for England at the youth level, played pro in Portugal, England, T&T.

http://www.hartwick.edu/x11257.xml

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Moss-Brown_Gregory_9657995.aspx

"A 1986 graduate of Hartwick, with a master's degree in physical education from Ithaca College in 1991, Moss-Brown enjoyed a successful career playing soccer at all levels.

"Out of high school in North London, England Moss-Brown represented his country as a schoolboy internationally earning four CAPS for England.He was offered a scholarship to attend Hartwick College, a small Division I powerhouse, in upstate New York where he earned his bachelors degree in psychology.Moss-Brown was a two-time All-American at Hartwick.While at Hartwick he made two final four appearances and in 2001, as the associate men's soccer coach was inducted into the Hartwick Hall of Fame.Following his four years at Hartwick Moss-Brown continued to play soccer while completing a master's degree from Ithaca College in physical education.He played in Albany for the Albany Capitals during the inaugural season of the APSL. Moss-Brown played briefly in Trinidad and Tobago in preparation for the 1990 World Cup, after which he spent three successful years playing in Portugal for Amora F.C. and Juventude de Evora F.C."

and the news story I just came across:

http://www.thedailystar.com/localsports/local_story_238040009.html?keyword=secondarystory

"After graduating from Hartwick with a bachelor's degree in psychology in 1986, Moss-Brown played for the Trinidad & Tobago National Team in 1988-89. He also played professionally for Amora FC (89-90) and Juventude De Evora FC (90-91) in the Portuguese 2nd Division."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 12:20:53 PM by E-man »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The official fly-under-the-radar award goes to...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 12:09:50 PM »
Coops u ever hear bout he?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:33:20 PM »
He know how to break a man back with a spanner or wrong direction?   Probably not.  Hence we never heard of he.  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:27 PM »
        Nah boy,that one slip through the cracks,but this is quite impressive,i've been around personally with the Strike Squad and the T&T B team,i have the little book Marlon Morris wrote on the whole Strike Squad experience and nothing is mentioned about this guy,this have to be one of the best kept secrets in our Football.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »
        Nah boy,that one slip through the cracks,but this is quite impressive,i've been around personally with the Strike Squad and the T&T B team,i have the little book Marlon Morris wrote on the whole Strike Squad experience and nothing is mentioned about this guy,this have to be one of the best kept secrets in our Football.

Maybe he was on d Strike Squad team dat Hannibal coach  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 01:15:21 PM »
Doh let that info leak to Latas, he might give him a call up...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 01:21:32 PM »
Ah think every year man does find one ah this fuh the forum.

BTW.....all them 3 pictures is the same fellah?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 01:46:36 PM »
Ah think every year man does find one ah this fuh the forum.

BTW.....all them 3 pictures is the same fellah?

One is a cricketer, one is a golfer and one a footballer.  Good work Elan.  I feel u is CIA ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »
Wha is the going price for ah Creative Resume Writer these days   :-X

edit: ah fuhget, employers does gather info here...sorry...sorry

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 02:43:10 PM »
I am one of the biggest ball jumbie on this forum. But I guess I don't know everything!!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
I am one of the biggest ball jumbie on this forum. But I guess I don't know everything!!

edit yuh statement properly nah man

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »
How come noone just came out and said this yet: that is a chainup, he was not in de squad.

Or, more specifically, he 100% guaranteed was not part of d squad for any game from d Honduras game onwards.

If he managed to swindle a job by using dat chainup, good for him  :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 03:34:10 PM »
The article never said that he played for T&T
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 03:36:07 PM »
Well jes de oddah day Hannibal Najjar was said to have coached the T&T National team in the 2006 World Cup in Germany as part of his credentials when being introduced as a guest coach at a Mississaugua Ontario coachin school....so why dis fella cyah be part of de Strike Squad too?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 03:36:32 PM »
allyuh mean he play for T&T chess team
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 03:37:08 PM »
The article never said that he played for T&T

Check yuh eyes brudda!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 03:40:39 PM »
Well jes de oddah day Hannibal Najjar was said to have coached the T&T National team in the 2006 World Cup in Germany as part of his credentials when being introduced as a guest coach at a Mississaugua Ontario coachin school....so why dis fella cyah be part of de Strike Squad too?

COSIGN

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 04:23:59 PM »
allyuh sure de man didn't change he name.....  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »
allyuh sure de man didn't change he name.....  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Good pt.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 01:40:35 PM »
not a good start....

FIGHTING TIGER MEN'S SOCCER FALLS TO ONEONTA STATE 10-0

The SUNY Cobleskill men's soccer team opened the 2009 campaign on a down note falling to the Oneonta State by a score of 10-0 on the Red Dragons' home turf in Oneonta, NY on Tuesday afternoon. The loss drops the Fighting Tigers to 0-1 on the year while Oneonta opens the campaign with a 1-0 mark.

The Red Dragons scored first at the 7:16 mark of the first half and never looked back as they peppered the Fighting Tiger net with 29 shots of which 18 were on goal while Cobleskill could manage only six shots on the day of which four were on goal.

The Orange & Black will return to the road on Saturday September 5th when they travel to North Adams, MA to compete in the CIAO Classic hosted by Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts over the weekend. Cobleskill will meet Western Connecticut State University on Saturday at 2:00 PM to open play then take on Norwich College on Sunday at 2:00 PM in the Classic's finale.   

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »
I never heard of this guy ,this info is false . Trust meh ,yah doh forget things like that .

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 10:07:53 PM »
jack warner and d rabees
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »
Dat man lie, i follow de strike squad since de honduras game, i even follow de B team with gary desilva, sherwood, etc. dat play in de shell cup and he didnt play any games...i feel he was de sub waterboy.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 10:31:39 PM »
Dat man lie, i follow de strike squad since de honduras game, i even follow de B team with gary desilva, sherwood, etc. dat play in de shell cup and he didnt play any games...i feel he was de sub waterboy.

So d horse nearly did his numbers on u 2? I will neva 4get dat day $5 was 2 go dat game and chaos 2 get in d Oval.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 10:04:21 PM »

So d horse nearly did his numbers on u 2? I will neva 4get dat day $5 was 2 go dat game and chaos 2 get in d Oval.

i just talk to mih brother and he say de man was part of de training squad for a brief time and was simply known as greg/gregory brown... he cant remember if he sweat with de strike squad or de B team in any warm ups but he definitely didnt play in any qualifiers but he remember de fellah name being in the papers as ah US based player at that time

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »

i just talk to mih brother and he say de man was part of de training squad for a brief time and was simply known as greg/gregory brown... he cant remember if he sweat with de strike squad or de B team in any warm ups but he definitely didnt play in any qualifiers but he remember de fellah name being in the papers as ah US based player at that time

He eh sweat wit d B side niether because Coops coach dat side and he eh know him.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 08:32:18 AM »

He eh sweat wit d B side niether because Coops coach dat side and he eh know him.

He cant remember if de fellah play but he definitely was training with the squad so he probably stretch de truth ah lil bit.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 08:37:46 AM »

He cant remember if de fellah play but he definitely was training with the squad so he probably stretch de truth ah lil bit.

Nah dat is a BLATANT LIEEEEEEE

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 09:40:03 AM »
Them articles doh say he was on the field for any Strike Squad match.

Moss-Brown played briefly in Trinidad and Tobago in preparation for the 1990 World Cup

Notice it say IN Trinidad and Tobago and not FOR Trinidad and Tobago.
For example: Hardest run round the savannah in preparation for the 2006 world cup.

Moss-Brown played for the Trinidad & Tobago National Team in 1988-89.
This one require a more nuanced look at the facts. The man was on training squad, he probably was in a few scrimmages, a couple practice games. He was wearing the T&T bib. He is a flikin Nashee!

Once again:
We was behind the building playing small goal, we play T&T vs the rest of the world, I was in my original Rossi strike squad jersey. ress a Kerry Jamerson bullet on them! I is a flikin Nashee!!!!

That is all, that is all, that is all....
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 10:47:39 AM »
maybe he strike before de squad assemble. ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>