March 29, 2024, 06:33:29 AM

Author Topic: Latapy praises players for T&T rankings jump  (Read 2249 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Latapy praises players for T&T rankings jump
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:55:44 PM »
T&T Express reports.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Russell Latapy, not one to elaborate on any kind of success in the game, yesterday expressed some good feelings over T&T's jump by seven spots up the FIFA world rankings and regaining top spot in the Caribbean.

T&T climbed up FIFA's September ratings, reaching No.63, while Jamaica stayed at 69th for the second month in a row.

With their 1-0 World Cup qualifying victory over El Salvador on August 12 being computed in the latest rankings, T&T return to the Caribbean Football Union's top spot for the first time since June, the only other month this year the Jamaicans have not been No 1.

"It's good to know that we are back again as the leading team in the region and our intentions are to remain there for as long as we could," Latapy told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation media officer Shaun Fuentes yesterday in Honduras, where the national team are preparing for Saturday's World Cup qualifier.

"Given the time and support that is expected and promised from all parties involved in our football, we could and should be there for an extended period. I think it's a credit to the players, given all the challenges, for being able to achieve this and this goes for all levels of football in the country, from the senior team to the Under-20s and the ones after that to the women's teams, especially as we look ahead to hosting the Women's World Cup next year in our country," added Latapy.

T&T's current rating is the highest since September 2006 when they were 56th. Then in August 2007 they stood at 63rd.

The only other time T&T stood higher dating back to Germany 2006 was in May/June 2006 when they were rated 47th in the world.

Trinidad and Tobago's best-ever position was in June 2001 when the team stood at #25 under the guidance of the late Ian Porterfield.

T&T could further enhance their current ratings and 2010 World Cup prospects with a good result on Saturday in their critical CONCACAF qualifier against Honduras in San Pedro Sula.

The rest of the CFU's top five rankings remain the same as August--Cuba third with a world rating of 87th, followed by Barbados (103rd) and Antigua and Barbuda (106th).

The USA, now rated 11th in the world, are CONCACAF's No. 1 team for the 12th month in a row ahead of Gold Cup champions Mexico, who are 24th on the FIFA list, followed by Costa Rica (39th), Honduras (42nd) with Trinidad and Tobago fifth.

Canada (66th) are sixth in CONCACAF, followed by Jamaica, Panama (75th), El Salvador (85th) and Cuba.

Brazil remain FIFA's No. 1 team ahead of 2008 Team of the Year Spain, followed by the Netherlands, with Italy moving up one to share fourth with Germany. Russia are sixth, followed by England, Argentina, and Croatia with France tenth.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Latapy praises players for T&T rankings jump
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »
This jump in rankings will not mean a hill of beans if tnt do not qualify for the world cup.

In 2006, tnt was just happy to be there.

In 2010, what's up.

Jak, this looks good for you and your supporters in tnt.

For me, you are like a vampire.

Viva la revoluccion.............

I know we could do much better without you and your imps.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 05:35:12 AM »
Only when we go up do the rankings mean anything to anybody...jokey

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 07:25:18 AM »

Of course u self
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 08:11:38 AM »

::)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:33:36 AM »
yeah top spot in de caribbean is  :thumbsup:.but 63  :thumbsdown:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »
T&T Express reports.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Russell Latapy, not one to elaborate on any kind of success in the game, yesterday expressed some good feelings over T&T's jump by seven spots up the FIFA world rankings and regaining top spot in the Caribbean.

T&T climbed up FIFA's September ratings, reaching No.63, while Jamaica stayed at 69th for the second month in a row.

With their 1-0 World Cup qualifying victory over El Salvador on August 12 being computed in the latest rankings, T&T return to the Caribbean Football Union's top spot for the first time since June, the only other month this year the Jamaicans have not been No 1.

"It's good to know that we are back again as the leading team in the region and our intentions are to remain there for as long as we could," Latapy told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation media officer Shaun Fuentes yesterday in Honduras, where the national team are preparing for Saturday's World Cup qualifier.

"Given the time and support that is expected and promised from all parties involved in our football, we could and should be there for an extended period. I think it's a credit to the players, given all the challenges, for being able to achieve this and this goes for all levels of football in the country, from the senior team to the Under-20s and the ones after that to the women's teams, especially as we look ahead to hosting the Women's World Cup next year in our country," added Latapy.

T&T's current rating is the highest since September 2006 when they were 56th. Then in August 2007 they stood at 63rd.

The only other time T&T stood higher dating back to Germany 2006 was in May/June 2006 when they were rated 47th in the world.

Trinidad and Tobago's best-ever position was in June 2001 when the team stood at #25 under the guidance of the late Ian Porterfield.

T&T could further enhance their current ratings and 2010 World Cup prospects with a good result on Saturday in their critical CONCACAF qualifier against Honduras in San Pedro Sula.

The rest of the CFU's top five rankings remain the same as August--Cuba third with a world rating of 87th, followed by Barbados (103rd) and Antigua and Barbuda (106th).

The USA, now rated 11th in the world, are CONCACAF's No. 1 team for the 12th month in a row ahead of Gold Cup champions Mexico, who are 24th on the FIFA list, followed by Costa Rica (39th), Honduras (42nd) with Trinidad and Tobago fifth.

Canada (66th) are sixth in CONCACAF, followed by Jamaica, Panama (75th), El Salvador (85th) and Cuba.

Brazil remain FIFA's No. 1 team ahead of 2008 Team of the Year Spain, followed by the Netherlands, with Italy moving up one to share fourth with Germany. Russia are sixth, followed by England, Argentina, and Croatia with France tenth.

So hard to fathom how that happened
Hart for president

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 12:10:23 PM »
As long as we stay on the better side of 70.
That is all this ranking is good for.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 12:59:20 PM »
I wonder if we will ever make it in the top ten.  ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 03:30:39 PM »
yuh smoke ah serious weed dey boy
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »
Every time somebody post de Fifa rankings I have to post my notice.  Ah doh care if we did jump to number one.

FIFA rankings are a joke and should not be used for anything except entertainment purposes.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 10:42:47 PM »
Every time somebody post de Fifa rankings I have to post my notice.  Ah doh care if we did jump to number one.

FIFA rankings are a joke and should not be used for anything except entertainment purposes.

But unfortunatly it holds more water than you give it credit for , forinstance overseas contracts for our young players.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 05:27:53 AM »
T&T Express reports.

So hard to fathom how that happened

Not really

We had a 15-2-5 record under him in competitive matches
We had a 7-3-3 record under him in friendlies
We went on a 10 match unbeaten streak in competetitive matches under him. We let in 2 goals in the space of them 10 matches and score 27.
We beat and draw Mexico in competitive matches under him.
We beat every big caribbean team back then, including Jamaica (we ent beat Jamaica since then)
USA, Honduras, and Costa Rica were the only three teams in Concacaf who we couldn't handle, and that was a pity because they were three opponents we end up facing in the hex.

Plenty people doh like the man or the style of play we had under him, but that is the best set of results we ever had post strike squad, until Beenie.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>