April 20, 2024, 01:58:40 AM

Author Topic: Legend Dwight Yorke retires from football.  (Read 9713 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Legend Dwight Yorke retires from Football
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »
- For giving me a reason to start watching English football when you were at Villa.

- For that feeling i used to get in my belly every time the commentator said "... and the smiling man from Trinidad and Tobago"

- For putting Trinidad & Tobago on the map for so many ignorant foreigners.

- For taking me to Germany and for making sure we gave a good account of ourselves when we got there.

- For continuing to be such a vital presence in our football.

You are a boss and you made us proud.

Thanks Dwight for the memories!! :salute:

Keep smiling... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 02:53:01 PM »
now he have more time to bull some more white gyuls.  Ferguson and Keane can go hull dey arse!

Friggin LMAO!!

true.

Dwight Yorke's amazing career and accomplishments as a player with Man Utd has laid down a clear beacon for us to follow in TnT and the Caribbean at large- a beacon that shows that just because you're from a small country, it doesn't mean you have to settle for mediocrity- we must all strive to be Excellent and be the best(worldwide!) in whatever we do, and compare ourselves to the best. Dwight did this and he passed with flying colours. Can you imagine a guy from T&T was the damn TOP SCORER in the Champions League AND the EPL!!, and was the leading player in pushing(with his goals- goals win matches...and he was among the top with in assists too!!) his club to a treble of trophies in a single season- a feat that is among one of the greatest and most prestigious accomplishments in the history of the game.

One word for Dwight Yorke - LEGEND!

A living example of no matter where you come from, how humble your beginnings and how high the odds stacked against you for a plethora of reasons, and no matter your environment, it's up to you what you make of your life(of course it's tremendously harder for some than for others)- anyone and everyone can strive and push for Excellence(putting in hard, diligent, unrelenting and consistent work) and become the among the Best in the World, and that and Dwight is proof of this.

Of course alent is a good part of it, but I believe talent is something like 20% Inspiration and 80% Perspiration. So many people have a heap of so-called talent and don't reach very far in life and in their purpose/career.

In this respect, even besides his awesome football achievements for club and milestones for country , Dwight has left a potent example for everyone in Trinidad, the Caribbean and around the world look at and follow.

Thank you sir...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:10:36 PM by Peter »

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »
Dwight Yorke is the single and sole reason i started to watch football.
Thank you King!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 03:18:47 PM »
Doofley yuh well do yuh ting paps. I happy fuh yuh dread. Men getting old. If you want to coach in England, the door is right there with that TnT Team. Help them get to WC2010 in South Africa and automatically teams from England will start calling.

The Government of Trinidad and Tobago needs to dedicate a national holiday just for you paps. Leh mih make ah call… ah mean ah text.  ;)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 03:21:37 PM »
The Greatest.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2009, 03:43:35 PM »
How many games he played for TnT?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dspfootballer

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 03:51:04 PM »
Yorke is also an excellent passer of the football.  As you can see from the highlight his position and tackling was also excellent.  I will remember him as footballer who did it all, that is total package.

Of course the fist time I saw on the field for Aston Villa, I could not be more proud.

I second the motion that he should play for PFL, it would be instructive to the young and old player and coaches to experience the world class player we have in Dwight Yorke.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2009, 04:13:17 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cAQdbD9hFnc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cAQdbD9hFnc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »
I am not sure if now was the right time to announce this. This could have a negative psychological impact on the team. The captain has retired....  :'(

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot...

- Thanks for making Andy Cole look like a top striker.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2009, 04:53:56 PM »
props for 20+ years of sterling yeoman service

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Legend Dwight Yorke retires from football.
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »
Thanks...   YOU ARE THE REASON I LOVE THIS GAME SOOOOOO MUCH...  You made us all proud.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »
Don't sing to much sad songs yet people.  Because after he assist us to SA he un retiring.  :)   Yorke is a ball Peong for Life.  Realise he ain't say he done with football.  Big Up Yorkie!!!! 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »
Thank You very Much Mr Yorke

photo credit http://www.red11.org/mufc/yorke.htm

a very interesting stat
"Along with compatriot Russell Latapy and Pat Jennings, the former Northern Ireland goalkeeper, Dwight Yorke holds the record number of participations in different World Cup competitions, including qualifying stages - six in total (1990, 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010).[1]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_Yorke

I have to thank dwight yorke as whenever i called his name Jamaicans had to shut up in   a football argument
they know it

Oh, and THANK YOU also Shaun
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:18:33 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2009, 05:20:19 PM »
Yorkie boy, it has been an absolute pleasure wachin u  play over d years. thank u for all d blood, sweat an tears yuh put out for d national team.
now is jus fuh u to pass on your experiences to d young ballers comin up.
 Cheers Yorkie  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke hangs up his boots
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2009, 05:22:14 PM »
he was a borse on the field, but his off field decisions left much to be desired...like this announcement >:(

so it not making meh confident if he go make the right decisions off the field now nah !  >:(

Fully agree! He could have kept them guessing and nervous about whether he playing or not at least until the end of the Hex or why not at least wait until we have won the game vs Honduras to announce retirement?!

Anyway all the best to Yorke in his new role as assistant coach to Latas, we knew it was only a matter of time!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:23:59 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
Long Live the legend, the smiling assasin, THE LADY SLAYER, the most decorated footballer in TNT history DWWWWWIIGGHHHTTT YORRRRKEE!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »
The most successful and arguably the best EVER footballer that the region has produced.

By region...I mean CONCACAF.

To be even considered as the best ever in this region is a testament to Yorkie.

As Peter say...is not just about talent.

The odds of Yorkie achieving what he did, how he did, WHEN he did.....well..I think ex Man Utd Manager Tommy Docherty said it best after he saw Dwight on his debut for Aston Villa in 1990.  He said...

"If that lad makes a First Division footballer, my name is Mao Tse-Tung."

Tommy never live dat down.  Everywhere he go now, people does hail him out..."Top o the morning to you Mao Tse-Tung"

Dwight been spectacularly defyin the odds his entire life.  Remarkable human being.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2009, 05:50:51 PM »
thanks for the entertainment, glory and opening the door for so many others.

i don't agree that is time to stop though. he coulda always come home to the PFL.

4 minutes of memories - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYLEAt27ndg

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JYLEAt27ndg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JYLEAt27ndg</a>
thanks for the memories andre.
Dwight what can we say. You are the man, kid. Wish you all de best in all future endeavors and though you wasn't as prolific for TnT yuh still used to come back. Setting the standard for fellas who go outside and play. Even after the obligation and need of Int'l caps.
Thanks for all de times yorkie. Great news to hear about the assistant coach ting. All we need is Shaka now and like a man say is Revolution.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2009, 06:15:31 PM »
Respect Mr. Yorke....you are a legend... you have done T&T and the rest of the Caribbean proud.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2009, 06:17:47 PM »
Respect Mr. Yorke....you are a legend... you have done T&T and the rest of the Caribbean proud.
the same here

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2009, 06:19:26 PM »

Nice post brother!!  :beermug:

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »
thank you Yorkie for your years of service

;D Yorkie smiling

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2009, 06:27:47 PM »
thanks for the entertainment, glory and opening the door for so many others.

i don't agree that is time to stop though. he coulda always come home to the PFL.

4 minutes of memories - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYLEAt27ndg

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JYLEAt27ndg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JYLEAt27ndg</a>
thanks for the memories andre.
Dwight what can we say. You are the man, kid. Wish you all de best in all future endeavors and though you wasn't as prolific for TnT yuh still used to come back. Setting the standard for fellas who go outside and play. Even after the obligation and need of Int'l caps.
Thanks for all de times yorkie. Great news to hear about the assistant coach ting. All we need is Shaka now and like a man say is Revolution.

Shaka if yuh reading this, I hope you realise we waiting on you to make your move and the revolution will have begun and there will be many many more T&T World Cup qualifications to come!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:29:58 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2009, 07:11:23 PM »
The greatest footballer ever from the region, no arguments.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2009, 07:11:44 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0H07DbMq-U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/J0H07DbMq-U</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »
The greatest footballer ever from the region, no arguments.

No arguments if you don't speak Spanish. Hugo Sanchez would probably disagree with you.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2009, 08:07:09 PM »
Great career DY ... continue to make us proud!

A brilliant career and while many will harp on his off the field adventures the one story about Dwight I will always remember is after playing an international game, most of the players were in the hotel chillin but Dwight was no where to be found.

Real men was probably saying Dwight must be somewhere bulling a thing. Next thing you know, they entered his hotel room and found Dwight doing push ups. Ah believe his agent ask him how come he not vibesin with the other players to which he simply said, 'I'm a professional ah have to stay fit'  This is the Dwight that I admired as a player.

All the best Sir Dwight Yorke aka Ana  :beermug:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2009, 08:17:25 PM »
Thanks for all the thrills
You did it your way... :beermug:
Many have tried,but you succeeded
Thanks again

1]; } ?>