April 19, 2024, 10:59:30 PM

Author Topic: Can we expect to see wholesale changes?  (Read 4820 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Can we expect to see wholesale changes?
« on: September 06, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »
I really want to see the "younger" players get ah good shake.  Want to really see what there made of and its obviously a time to rebuild  as the old stagers should be hanging up there boots, this over reliance on the older players sometimes repress  the  development of our "younger players".

I really hope we see some new faces for our next game. 

To be quite honest ,  I no longer believe our foreign based players are hands down better than our local based
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Can we expect to see wholesale changes?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 12:10:37 PM »
I really want to see the "younger" players get ah good shake.  Want to really see what there made of and its obviously a time to rebuild  as the old stagers should be hanging up there boots, this over reliance on the older players sometimes repress  the  development of our "younger players".

To be quite honest ,  I no longer believe our foreign based players are hands down better than our local based
Yuh still drunk from last night pardner? go back and sleep it off then come again.

the locals eh ready jack, they couldn't even beat grenada who was the whiping boys of the GC, wey make yuh think they could take on the concacaf stallwarts. the bottom line iz , our league is poor and that's where the local ply their trade. didn't you watch the concacaf champions league and saw how poor our teams looked?

i would say the foreign based are much better, but they under achieved BC the right player were not used, and we didn't have a solid coach to school them away from their bad habbits, lets face it , we really didn't have ah solid coach since we left germany.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:16:07 PM »

Can u pick a local base squad that won't collect good 5 in the hex right now? the caribbean cup was a good warning that the local boys wasn't up to par... our midfield is the area of local players and look how they play...

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Moving Forward....now what?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
Maybe drop the fellas over 30 for the rest of the campaign and run out with a younger more hungry side who has players wanting to prove themselves for the future.

what ya'll say?

it will mean dropping guys like Ince(no it's not an attack cause he do shit on a goal or 2 d other night), Dog, lawerence, lydon andrews, stern to name a few

and keeping guys around like Carlos, Trent, Scotland, and Keyeno to have around the youngsters from the U20 side and fellas like Glen, Roberts and julius (who deserves a call)

I say thas d route to go.....
this game may be too soon to call players...
but guys like Dog and ince maybe should bd dropped....
y wait til next campaign?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Forward....now what?
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »
Ir eh have no forward movement once d TTFF exist in its present form. We can mark time/thread water and stay afloat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
Nah man we just need to

1. change that formation
2. latas come on
3. Stern Back
4. Get in dem yankee face
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 08:33:10 PM »

Can u pick a local base squad that won't collect good 5 in the hex right now? the caribbean cup was a good warning that the local boys wasn't up to par... our midfield is the area of local players and look how they play...

B4 d fro d last Local team came 2nd in d digicup and went to d GC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 09:06:30 PM »
Nah man we just need to

1. change that formation
2. latas come on
3. Stern Back
4. Get in dem yankee face

Preacher, thanks for giving us something to bring a laugh outta all of us after that mess on Saturday...
but freal though..........

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
Where we really need to see wholesale change at the administration level - I don't think we'll see it.
As far as players - old or young - foreign or local - it should be who is in form ahead of the next international match.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 10:44:07 PM »
Where we really need to see wholesale change at the administration level - I don't think we'll see it.
As far as players - old or young - foreign or local - it should be who is in form ahead of the next international match.

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 05:40:52 AM »

Yuh still drunk from last night pardner? go back and sleep it off then come again.

the locals eh ready jack, they couldn't even beat grenada who was the whiping boys of the GC, wey make yuh think they could take on the concacaf stallwarts. the bottom line iz , our league is poor and that's where the local ply their trade. didn't you watch the concacaf champions league and saw how poor our teams looked?

i would say the foreign based are much better, but they under achieved BC the right player were not used, and we didn't have a solid coach to school them away from their bad habbits, lets face it , we really didn't have ah solid coach since we left germany.
just cool ah really tryin to work with yuh but yuh gettin meh on meh last nerve.
Your logic doesn't hold tru. If the foreign based players are better than the locals then KJ should have had a better game than trent noel. Glen and Baptiste should not be our best forwards..  Abu Bakr would not have had more timely clearances than the other defenders and Tinto would not have been the only player barring carlos who could lose their marker with 1 body fake.. Truth be told the only foreign based standouts were Lloyd and Carlos...as for not picking the "right players" a team is made up of 11 players. Did we pick the 11 wrong? was it seven wrong? how much wrong JC? Finally I have figured what hurtin you.. there is someone you know or love that wasnt selected so your going over the top. The last solid coach we had was in Germany?? was that because of the results? game play? colonial master? That same great coach you were talking about had to rely on an old ass Latas and yorke to come and save the day. Yeh they were old then too.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 06:52:42 AM »

just cool ah really tryin to work with yuh but yuh gettin meh on meh last nerve.
Your logic doesn't hold tru. If the foreign based players are better than the locals then KJ should have had a better game than trent noel. Glen and Baptiste should not be our best forwards..  Abu Bakr would not have had more timely clearances than the other defenders and Tinto would not have been the only player barring carlos who could lose their marker with 1 body fake.. Truth be told the only foreign based standouts were Lloyd and Carlos...as for not picking the "right players" a team is made up of 11 players. Did we pick the 11 wrong? was it seven wrong? how much wrong JC? Finally I have figured what hurtin you.. there is someone you know or love that wasnt selected so your going over the top. The last solid coach we had was in Germany?? was that because of the results? game play? colonial master? That same great coach you were talking about had to rely on an old ass Latas and yorke to come and save the day. Yeh they were old then too.
Fella i not forkin yuh woman nor did i break open yuh house, so how de fack in swinging on your nerve? bout i getting on your last nerve! yuh think yuh talking tuh some lil boy yuh does tap up or what!

what the fack your nervous system have tuh do wid me anyway? you real bold yes! just BC i talking the truth?! i doh give ah sh!t about your nerves buddy, if yuh nerves bothering yuh then go see ah neurologist, i iz not no medical proffessional, so weh de MDRCNT yuh tellin me dat for! i cyar help yuh
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:55:29 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 07:05:33 AM »

Fella i not forkin yuh woman nor did i break open yuh house, so how de fack in swinging on your nerve? bout i getting on your last nerve! yuh think yuh talking tuh some lil boy yuh does tap up or what!

what the fack your nervous system have tuh do wid me anyway? you real bold yes! just BC i talking the truth?! i doh give ah sh!t about your nerves buddy, if yuh nerves bothering yuh then go see ah neurologist, i iz not no medical proffessional, so weh de MDRCNT yuh tellin me dat for! i cyar help yuh

The truth is a relative word and if this opinion is your truth then so be it. I think that in addition to my ranting however their were a couple "truths" in their for you to refute... guess you didnt feel like it.
You want free reign to spew your "truth" at will.. pointed and poisoned. Yes it is. At first yuh was kinda maintain yuh composure but then yuh slip and start actin human. Not your fault im sure...
Many people have argued for and against many a point but dont expect to try to indoctrinate without resistance.

Take yuh angels and fly down-wards instead.

Cheers!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »

The truth is a relative word and if this opinion is your truth then so be it. I think that in addition to my ranting however their were a couple "truths" in their for you to refute... guess you didnt feel like it.
You want free reign to spew your "truth" at will.. pointed and poisoned. Yes it is. At first yuh was kinda maintain yuh composure but then yuh slip and start actin human. Not your fault im sure...
Many people have argued for and against many a point but dont expect to try to indoctrinate without resistance.

Cheers!

Papa , your choice of word was nothing less of condescending, that's how parents and teachers talk tuh children!

now i don't know how old you, but lets just say you are older than me, yuh still don't come @ ah big man so, unless you are familiar with each other and allyuh have that kinda disrespectful relationship, and the last i check, the only david ephraim i'm aquanted with iz you, and i don't know you from ah from ah stray cat in china.   

BTW, the truth iz ah separate entity. it doesn't have any close friends or relatives, and he's also ah loner, the last friend he had was ah fella name dishonesty, and he try tuh get with the truth bonified, and the truth had tuh walk him out.

after that truth started chilling by he self.  a lot of ppl does claim tuh know the fella, but the truth iz, he knows very few ppl, since he's ah bit too frank and sometimes ppl get taken aback by him.

now yuh know who the truth iz, ah think yuh might want tuh revist that so called relative of his and tell hime he's ah bloody lier!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 03:20:43 PM »
like some ah allyuh dont understand the expression hands down. so let mi put it this way, as  i becoming to understand u must not make assumptions of ppl comprehension.

the gap between our foreign based and locals is getting smaller. think this easier to understand

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 03:29:06 PM »

Cheers!

Papa , your choice of word was nothing less of condescending, that's how parents and teachers talk tuh children!

now i don't know how old you, but lets just say you are older than me, yuh still don't come @ ah big man so, unless you are familiar with each other and allyuh have that kinda disrespectful relationship, and the last i check, the only david ephraim i'm aquanted with iz you, and i don't know you from ah from ah stray cat in china.   

BTW, the truth iz ah separate entity. it doesn't have any close friends or relatives, and he's also ah loner, the last friend he had was ah fella name dishonesty, and he try tuh get with the truth bonified, and the truth had tuh walk him out.

after that truth started chilling by he self.  a lot of ppl does claim tuh know the fella, but the truth iz, he knows very few ppl, since he's ah bit too frank and sometimes ppl get taken aback by him.

now yuh know who the truth iz, ah think yuh might want tuh revist that so called relative of his and tell hime he's ah bloody lier!

:rotfl: :rotfl:  well yes...

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
what is the future outlook for t&t football
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 08:17:33 AM »
we qualified for the last world cup and our football digressed. well we not going to qualify for south africa, what will happen next? what is the future outlook

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: what is the future outlook for t&t football
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 08:28:21 AM »
Based on the success of the under-20 team i would say the outlook is quite good
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 08:34:46 AM »

What success. Dey qualify for a WC by winnin 1game. Let us c what happen in Egypt and even if dey win d ting JW luv 2 mash up successful teams. So d future outlook 4 d team will neva look good in d environment we operate in.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »
Who tell u we not going SA? Just give me their names and phone numbers please so ah cud cuss dem. I might be d only fool around here as far as dis topic go. But guess what, one of my idols, Mr.Obama has thought me to believe. In my opinion we have players to do it, is d attitude and effort must improve immediately. We are in a very deep hole, but we could still do it. May d man above bless TnT, all the supporters on dis forum and dis beautiful country that I live in. YES WE CAN.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »
get off them rocks supa, for real for real.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 09:26:39 AM »

What success. Dey qualify for a WC by winnin 1game. Let us c what happen in Egypt and even if dey win d ting JW luv 2 mash up successful teams. So d future outlook 4 d team will neva look good in d environment we operate in.

I agree with Weary but, the U-20's do show evidence of progressive development and that cyah be bad. Too often in T&T so called development is ah haphazard business, we does just seem to hope the SSFL star players go develop into well rounded players as Adults, and unfortunately we does leave it (usually) to the US college system to sort that part. It nice to see a group being reasonably successful at U-17 and now at U-20level. It doh garauntee success in 2014 or beyond but as long as the boys learn from each experience and use the knowledge in a constructive manner we should at least have a decent pool of players to select from come the next qualification campaign. Anything after that is a bonus in my eyes.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 09:26:59 AM »
Who tell u we not going SA? Just give me their names and phone numbers please so ah cud cuss dem. I might be d only fool around here as far as dis topic go. But guess what, one of my idols, Mr.Obama has thought me to believe. In my opinion we have players to do it, is d attitude and effort must improve immediately. We are in a very deep hole, but we could still do it. May d man above bless TnT, all the supporters on dis forum and dis beautiful country that I live in. YES WE CAN.

COSIGN

Niceness
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 09:36:34 AM »

Agreed we have a VERY slim chance of placing 4th and sports can be funny sometimes, just look at USA in the confederations cup. No need to throw in the towel just yet but at this stage let's put the players on the field who will go out there fight and play with some national pride! If we have to loose let USA play their hearts out and EARN that victory, no cake walk like in the first round at Nashville. It's up to us from here on, whether step on the field hang our heads and play lacadasical or we go out the with a do or die mentality at play as if our lives are on the line....which it is. If we don't, let's change our name from Warriors until we deserve that title again.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 09:44:46 AM »
Jack tellin we at 12.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 09:44:53 AM »

I agree with Weary but, the U-20's do show evidence of progressive development and that cyah be bad. Too often in T&T so called development is ah haphazard business, we does just seem to hope the SSFL star players go develop into well rounded players as Adults, and unfortunately we does leave it (usually) to the US college system to sort that part. It nice to see a group being reasonably successful at U-17 and now at U-20level. It doh garauntee success in 2014 or beyond but as long as the boys learn from each experience and use the knowledge in a constructive manner we should at least have a decent pool of players to select from come the next qualification campaign. Anything after that is a bonus in my eyes.

And.. it  seems like better preparation (on the part of TTFF with U-20) brought better results. In agreeing with Rodney the U-20's are showing development. I have personally seen them play and they can move the ball around. On a side note,  dont think was Latas getting practice matches and telling management" nah We'd  rather just practice amongst our selves. you know as a group. thanks but no thanks.".

I dont think so.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 09:46:54 AM »

And.. it  seems like better preparation (on the part of TTFF with U-20) brought better results. In agreeing with Rodney the U-20's are showing development. I have personally seen them play and they can move the ball around. On a side note,  dont think was Latas getting practice matches and telling management" nah We'd  rather just practice amongst our selves. you know as a group. thanks but no thanks.".

I dont think so.

I tell all yuh dem fellas does spoil vomit

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 09:50:45 AM »
as long as the jakass and oliver gums in charge of the family heir loom, you cannot be serious. where is mc enroe when i need him?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 12:26:01 PM »
the problem is not just calling up the youths, it is developing the right culture for the generations to come. the current system has to be scrapped and a new culture established. them same under 20 players have the same bad habits as the big team, cah pass, cah trap, cah knock the ball, lack of fitness and it goes on and on, lack of technical ability etc.

u can call them up but i believe tnt will get the same result. it is a shame.

case in point, the school intercol does not help develop the youths, it develops bad habits and does not help to get the players better, its more like a show league, dribble dribble, playing for the crowd etc, it does not help refine the players to meet international standard. when our young players playing school football the other players in the world's tops countries playing top football and training hard to become pros themselves, how can we compete ever. in america they take the top talents and put them up in the training facilities in florida and they also go to school there. what does tNt have in store for the young talents, nothing really, only talk and dotishness.

you all not serious as a country and it reflects in all areas as a society and it trickles down to the soccer field too.

so just calling up the youth is not the answer even short term, tnt needs a complete overhaul. if something is not done soon, trini football is dead and dying quickly.

rememebr jack warner would not be around to spoon feed the federation for too long, what happens when he is no longer around? look how easy it was for the under 20 to qualify for that world cup, thanks uncle jack, its a mirage really.

one question, are our players in high demand to play in the leagues overseas, no, why is that, and even if they get a contract it is to play in the lower leagues. do not tell me about kj(thanks god for his size), if he was not that physical he would not be in europe, probably playing for w connection still. so when this current crop fades away, stern john(we missing him on the team, sad to say), carlos, etc, who is in the wings to take over. i just know that the young players like peltier feel they make it big already but they still in trinidad fighting up.

trinidadians have skills but skills does not make u a professional, i hope the young players know that, if not someone needs to let them know that they need to learn true professionalism and make football a job and work damm hard to make it a career.

i am so so disappointed in the level of the football played by tnt and there is so much work needed to be done for tnt to be a world class football nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »
as long as the jakass and oliver gums in charge of the family heir loom, you cannot be serious. where is mc enroe when i need him?

Watchin d US open sumtin I should be doin? :rotfl:

1]; } ?>