April 20, 2024, 10:14:55 AM

Author Topic: Are we the whipping boys of the region?  (Read 6499 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Are we the whipping boys of the region?
« on: September 06, 2009, 08:45:49 AM »
It's sad but throughout the concacaf region I have friends telling me whenever they playing trinidad is sure cut arse and a guaranteed 3 points for them whether it's costa-rica,mexico,honduras,el-salvador,usa trinidad will lose.

Is this what we have become,why could it not have been us at the top of the table for once in our lives but I'm seeing it for what it really is trinidad and tobago football is simply not that good and the players maybe 1 in 1000 may standout in our history......   

Dumplingdinho

Re: Are we the whipping boys of the region?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 08:52:51 AM »
It's sad but throughout the concacaf region I have friends telling me whenever they playing trinidad is sure cut arse and a guaranteed 3 points for them whether it's costa-rica,mexico,honduras,el-salvador,usa trinidad will lose.

Is this what we have become,why could it not have been us at the top of the table for once in our lives but I'm seeing it for what it really is trinidad and tobago football is simply not that good and the players maybe 1 in 1000 may standout in our history......   
we are not the whipping boys but we are definitely not as good as mexico, usa, costa rica,etc.  trinis dont want to accept the fact that we are not good enough and we need to imporve in areas such as organization, youth development, players need to improve football basics such as passing, ball control and their physical fitness levels.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 08:56:07 AM »
 ;D Hello... look at the Hex table and U tell me the answer!!!  :devil:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 08:57:06 AM »
since the blacklist yes

none of dem teams doh respect we...and who could blame dem, we have chubby andrews commin on de footbal field for wold cup qualifying games
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 09:05:42 AM »
Yuh asking answers...we have been for quite a while.

If Bermuda and Grenada could do it who is Honduras.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
We could only put hope in what we have. Whipping boys we are not! People know we have tendency's that's all.  :'(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »
Yes we are.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 10:34:20 AM »
3 letters

y                          e                         s
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline warrior1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 10:42:22 AM »
Honestly d way we playing right now....we iz really and truly whipping boys.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 11:04:05 AM »
what we have allowed 15 goals in 7 games hard to argue against that  >:(

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 11:12:38 AM »
allyuh does talk some foolishness, the team that the coach and fellahs does continually select are whipping boys, people on here and the coaches like to select losing teams, tt never selects its best players, nor do we allow them to gel together long enough, always chopping and changing, when yuh still have dog on the team the team and yorke just retire, what you guys expect, tt is the pay off team for the bigger countries...

tt have so much talent and skill but its never used bc the ole boys club rules, thats why the ttcb is the best run sports organization in the country, the youth players are exceptional and the ttcb not relying on ole men to run against young talented youths, the ttff and the coaches cant see talent and cant select the best team, tt is the pay off team for the bigger countries, it comes down to corruption and curry favour
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 11:17:44 AM by Controversial »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »
De politics behind de scene makes us the whipping boys

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »

fellahs on this board seem to always ignore that, they feel it stops at team selection, its much deeper than that..

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 11:29:34 AM »
allyuh does talk some foolishness, the team that the coach and fellahs does continually select are whipping boys, people on here and the coaches like to select losing teams, tt never selects its best players, nor do we allow them to gel together long enough, always chopping and changing, when yuh still have dog on the team the team and yorke just retire, what you guys expect, tt is the pay off team for the bigger countries...

tt have so much talent and skill but its never used bc the ole boys club rules, thats why the ttcb is the best run sports organization in the country, the youth players are exceptional and the ttcb not relying on ole men to run against young talented youths, the ttff and the coaches cant see talent and cant select the best team, tt is the pay off team for the bigger countries, it comes down to corruption and curry favour

fellahs on this board seem to always ignore that, they feel it stops at team selection, its much deeper than that..
Its all that what make up the soca warriors and make us the whipping boys currently... so i don't see you guys argument against it...

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »
whipping boys???
hell no...we had a bad hex round for the 2010 WCQ campaign.  A plus is that at least we qualified for the hex and after such a horrendous start and coach switching, and all kinda lineups being thrown together, we ain't that bad.

When T&T decide to show up and really play, we cut some serious arse.  We all know it.
It's just that we don't show up as often as we should.
whey boy!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »
whipping boys???
hell no...we had a bad hex round for the 2010 WCQ campaign.  A plus is that at least we qualified for the hex and after such a horrendous start and coach switching, and all kinda lineups being thrown together, we ain't that bad.

When T&T decide to show up and really play, we cut some serious arse.  We all know it.

family is like what we said when we were watching the last game, the right players not getting ah chance tuh show up :o

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »
No need to overeact. To anyone who don't follow Concacaf from the start, it would look like this, but we're the only team not named USA, Mexico or Costa Rica to be in the final hex three times running.

We always knew these three teams were stronger than us.

Honduras and Canada can be, but are woefully inconsistent. El Salvador is a johnny come lately that will go back the way of Panama after this hex as far as I concern. Jamrock pull ah fast one with the UB40's to get to France and will be paying for it for some years to come from a developmental point of view.

At worst we're sixth-seventh in a region of over 30 teams, doh matter who may or has beaten us over one match. Strangely enough, the 5-6 teams in front of us all have a much larger population and for most of them, a much larger GDP.

Perspective is needed.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 12:56:26 PM »
No need to overeact. To anyone who don't follow Concacaf from the start, it would look like this, but we're the only team not named USA, Mexico or Costa Rica to be in the final hex three times running.

Honduras and Canada can be, but are woefully inconsistent. El Salvador is a johnny come lately that will go back the way of Panama after this hex as far as I concern. Jamrock pull ah fast one with the UB40's to get to France and will be paying for it for some years to come from a developmental point of view.

At worst we're sixth-seventh in a region of over 30 teams, doh matter who may or has beaten us over one match. Strangely enough, the 5-6 teams in front of us all have a much larger population and for most of them, a much larger GDP.

Perspective is needed.

i fine people does big up them 2 too much, most of their players play together and play against eachother, they also select young players with talent, ole men not running out in their twilight, they also have mediocre strikers that get the job done with a mediocre midfield... trinidad have more talent but the coaching and training is not there in this day and age... thats the difference, you saw it with beenhakker and your still seeing it now with latas inexperience

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 12:57:57 PM »
Are we the whipping boys of the region?

Is the Pope catholic?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »
whipping boys???

breds imagine my father and his padnah watching the game last night with me and say, dey padnahs in high school was running better ball than some of these men  :devil: better dribblers and passers of the ball wow

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 01:01:38 PM »

Perspective is needed.

i fine people does big up them 2 too much

who?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline greenfig

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »
we allow the shit to happen..... we no wipping boys, every match is a diffirent line-up. All the best players were never choosen at the same time......... man score in game never pick again.... man have exprience playing in foriegn nah get a bligh....... U mean to tell me we don't have a creative mids after latapy in the whole of we pool of player? If we put our best eleven together we could run with any are them teams. we love to be disorganized.
   >:(
I LOVE BEING ME.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »

Perspective is needed.

Good post. Fans tend to see success only in terms of games won right now. We might be canon fodder for the top three powers in the hex, but we are no whipping boys outside of these teams. Ask Honduras who was the b*tch in 2001.

The Jamaica debacle is especially instructive. We are in a much better position to continue the legacy of the SW2006 due to the effort put into our youth teams. If we apply similar efforts over the next few years we should be breaking into the top four over the next few cycles.

Lets not forget the senior team members were never beneficiaries of the kind of preparation the U20s and U17s are now  getting. Is a bloody miracle we even in the hex.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 02:17:35 PM »

Perspective is needed.

Good post. Fans tend to see success only in terms of games won right now. We might be canon fodder for the top three powers in the hex, but we are no whipping boys outside of these teams. Ask Honduras who was the b*tch in 2001.

The Jamaica debacle is especially instructive. We are in a much better position to continue the legacy of the SW2006 due to the effort put into our youth teams. If we apply similar efforts over the next few years we should be breaking into the top four over the next few cycles.

Lets not forget the senior team members were never beneficiaries of the kind of preparation the U20s and U17s are now  getting. Is a bloody miracle we even in the hex.
THANKS to both of you for your Reality Check postin :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
Win Warriors win and all else will be accademic.....winning is the only cure to this ill

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »
We are indeed the whipping boys of the 2009 Hex.
But the region, of course not. As a man say, we along with CR, Mex, and USA have been consistently in the HEX for the last 3 campaigns. A flop in 2002 and 2010, but success in the middle.

As far as i see it, 4 fundamental things have contributed to the failure of this campaign compared to 2006:

1) the Manager - nothing much to say on this point, we all know to our heart you cannot compare men to boys.

2) In 2006, we had the inspiration of our most skillful player in our history - Latapy came back and almost singlehandedly lifted the team when we on the verge of falling out vs Guatemala in POS.

3) If a small nation of ballers like us with a big difference between top players and squad players have to ever make the WC, we need a forward to go on the form of their life. As much as we berate Stern on these boards, he is the only striker in our history to sieze this opportunity. Rate Yorke and KJ and all the hype about them on tv playing in the premiership, combined, they have not done half of what Stern has done for T&T.

4) The flikking participants in the HEX! Lord, this HEX has been the most competitive i have seen since i start following this thing in 89. Usually, one team will flop from day one. And a second team will be misfiring. This time, even after 7 games, EVERY SINGLE team has a mathematical chance of playing in South Africa next year.
2006 was Panama, 2002 was T&T. This year we have 4 very good teams and 2 competitive teams.

Add to this the other issues like the ridiculous lack of friendlies, politics of JW not that interested this time around, etc etc, it all combines to kill us. I remember Manning at the 2006 celebration in the stadium after the WC talking about 2010 as a national objective, lol.

We really miss the leadership of Beenie, the magic of stern and latas and a favourable draw that could have seen honduras not in this final round...

Oh well, the moons may line up again for 2014!

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 03:22:06 PM »
whipping boys???

breds imagine my father and his padnah watching the game last night with me and say, dey padnahs in high school was running better ball than some of these men  :devil: better dribblers and passers of the ball wow

I agree, we have nuff talent and mediocre results is not good enough; we have proven we could succeed....
jack, latas, yorke and all of them need to look out for the red, black and white once in a while instead of only the green...
whey boy!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 03:53:18 PM »
Yuh asking answers...we have been for quite a while.

If Bermuda and Grenada could do it who is Honduras.
Eh touches , when did you start believing that?? and answer truthfully or else i will have to do some digging, so save me the work of pulling up some of yuh most recent comments!

wow  :o, what ah difference ah week makes.  :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »
Jamrock pull ah fast one with the UB40's to get to France and will be paying for it for some years to come from a developmental point of view.

This is Jamaica's second time in sucessin missing the Hex since qualifying for France'98. We narrowly missed out this time, after finishing equal on points with Mexico in  a group that included 2 of the current top three Hex teams, and a Canadian team that only weeks prior to the start of the last Semi-finals round, was trading goals with Brazil. In our first try after qualifying for France, we ended up in 4th position, which at the time, was one short of automatic qualification. Of course, 4th place today would be enough to get you a play-off spot.

T&T, still riding high after qualifying for Germany, got a relatively easy semi-fianl group, which included 2 caribbean teams (cuba being the other), the USA and Guatemala. All T&T had to do really was get the better of Guatemala over 2 legs, and you would almost certainly get into the Hex. No problem. In fact, if I am recalling correctly,  two individials at the age of 35 and 34 were critical in getting you into the HEx. Both these giys have since retired. Replacing Latapy and Yorke is going to take a mammoth effort, but I suppose many will point  to the fact that T&T has the under-20s to look to in the near future. Well, true, but how good are they really? In other words, if you put the crrent T&T under-20's on a football pitch with Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Canada, will they finish in the top 3 or 4 positions?

Like it or not, Central American teams have more resources than caribbean teams. Yes, Dwight Yorke might have been the biggest name out of CONCACAF in the past 15 years, but when you look to the number of players Honduras has exported to teams such as Napoli, parma, Inter Milan, etc over the years, you quickly realise that they have an ubundance of talent there. I dont believe a Kenwyn Jones can claim to be a bigger "name" player than Paulo Wanchope of Costa Rica.

Rebuilding must happen. Jamaica tried to rebuild in the semis-round, Simoes introduced a number of new faces in the games, and ended up losing his job as a result. in the T&T squad, Latapy and Yorke has already left the scene, leaving behind old men like Marvin Andrews, Clayton Ince, Dennis Lawrence etc. Hard to believe that there are not better alternatives avaialable on the Egypt bound under-20 squad that could be blooded to take over these roles.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 04:34:56 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »
In a word...yes

We dropprd the ball after the last WC with all the JW blacklist business.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>