April 18, 2024, 10:28:43 PM

Author Topic: Seven sober points  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Seven sober points
« on: September 06, 2009, 09:01:33 AM »
A few points to make on this sobering Sunday morning

1) The traffic on this site will reduce CONSIDERABLY now that the team is seemingly out of contention.  Like attendance at the stadium, Trinis are perennial bandwagon jumpers.  See all but the socawarriors.net diehards in around two years. 

2) Why all the anger about not qualifying?  We were clearly substandard and consistently outclassed, and have been for the entire campaign.  Get over it.  Let's regroup and look towards 2014.

3) Will Latapy stay?  Will he be kept on?  Two big questions.  I asked him the first question after the Tobago game, and he stated that he was very committed to the job long term.  Let's see how this unfolds.

4)Here's hoping that the over-35 crew will hang up their national boots now as well.  Let the youths get their turn.  Even if it means a blow out or two (or three) it will be a genuinely good learning experience.

5) Let's focus on the positive.  We have a U-20 squad which have qualified for a World Cup and play in less than two weeks.  We have a Pro League which is making strides every year in the CONCACAF Champions League.  We have a hearty dose of humble pie to eat over the next two years as a result of being beaten into last place in the group, and will live to fight another day (hopefully with some anger and pride) when the Quals resume on Wed and beyond towards 2014.

6) Will the great Bobby Zamora still show up?   ::)

7) My bet is that there will be less than 10,000 in the National Stadium on Wednesday.  Any takers?

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: Seven sober points
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 09:10:54 AM »
remnance of the 2002 campaing..... empty stadiums...serious waggonists ship jumping
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »
Well iam alway a WARRIOR and they alway have my supported ...I'm very disappointment the way T&T play and i know no one in the caribbean and the other region respect us...sometime i think it's a cure we need to break after losing to the U.S.A..on Nov.19.1989....that all i could say for now...

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »
Well said. Very valid points. Win, lose or draw I remain commited to supporting all T&T football teams. The fact is 10000 diehards better than 30000 fair weather fans. I remember seeing the live feed for T&T vs England in HCS and there were Trinis with England flags painted on their faces who only came to the stadium to see David Beckham. We could do without them. The real football fans know themselves. Our local pro league is a babe in arms but coming along. Once they can figure a way to bring fans to the game they will get more established. They need to keep bringing good players in. The best Caribbean players are a start although I've noticed that some clubs are even signing African and Asian talent now. That's all good

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 10:51:58 AM »
For real me eint coming on this site again for like 3 years .bye everybody.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:58:09 AM by Quagmire »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 11:02:42 AM »
For real me eint coming on this site again for like 3 years .bye everybody.

Yeah right!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 11:40:24 AM »
Over the last 25 years I have had to endure some bad results by TT,SOME LITERALLY MADE YOU ILL AND IT STAYED ON YOUR MIND FOR WEEKS,you always hoped though, that the next result would be better.We sometimes got reason to cheer and be happy because we had a win but it wasn't the norm,we regularly lost when we should win,we are inconsistant and have had losses against Grenada and Bermuda quite recently.I now expect us to lose every match we play against anybody.One year ago I would be almost in tears after that licking we got last night but it didn't bother me one bit,the reason is simple,I have come to terms that our team is rubbish and that is putting it mildly.I hope still,that we sort things out,we have a little more than 4 years to do so and get to Brazil 2014.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »
remnance of the 2002 campaing..... empty stadiums...serious waggonists ship jumping

Everyone loves a winner!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 01:38:02 PM »
This not the time for finger pointing,its not yet over the fat lady has not sung

Warrior for Iver

Fools  have said in thier heart that we football dead,I know Warriors will rise again and soon

The time has arrived for the youths.....now...so come Wednesday I will be surprised,if there is not some radical changes to the Warrior line up

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »
Over the last 25 years I have had to endure some bad results by TT,SOME LITERALLY MADE YOU ILL AND IT STAYED ON YOUR MIND FOR WEEKS,you always hoped though, that the next result would be better.We sometimes got reason to cheer and be happy because we had a win but it wasn't the norm,we regularly lost when we should win,we are inconsistant and have had losses against Grenada and Bermuda quite recently.I now expect us to lose every match we play against anybody.One year ago I would be almost in tears after that licking we got last night but it didn't bother me one bit,the reason is simple,I have come to terms that our team is rubbish and that is putting it mildly.I hope still,that we sort things out,we have a little more than 4 years to do so and get to Brazil 2014.

believe it or not, i gave up when latas picked the team for El salvador, i took my emotions out of this team BC i realize that the fella is just like all the locals football fratt boys who we cry down(the curry favor in full swing).

could you imagine that warner told this man in the local media tuh pick whom he wants, which means there's no black listed players, every one is eligable, and this man over looked cyd gray and brent sancho, men who was in the dog house for yrs, and finally an opportunity to bring these men back in the fold and lats refused!

frico, if we had proper preparations wid the right coach and players , i have no doubt that we would've made it to another WC.
it's not the players , but the coaches and the federation who caused this collapse, jack warner needs tuh go for our football to reign, and we should have no more local fellas involved in our football, from federation president to water boy.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 02:16:47 PM »

[/quote] and we should have no more local fellas involved in our football, from federation president to water boy.
[/quote]

When I read this, it immediately brought to mind the current scenario in T&T with the Govt. choosing to overlook local and instead resorting to the Chinese to undertake major projects. It seems to suggest that we are not yet ready as a people and a society. If indeed so, the problems with our football is bigger than we would like to believe.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »

and we should have no more local fellas involved in our football, from federation president to water boy.
[/quote]

When I read this, it immediately brought to mind the current scenario in T&T with the Govt. choosing to overlook local and instead resorting to the Chinese to undertake major projects. It seems to suggest that we are not yet ready as a people and a society. If indeed so, the problems with our football is bigger than we would like to believe.
[/quote]

D chinee wukin betta and cheaper so y we should use dem slack locals.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 03:54:00 AM »
just cool,I understand what you say but I dont understand why its happenning,when Latapy took over it was to be a change it selection of players we know who could do a job,sadly though things have got worse.It makes me wonder if Latapy knows what he is doing,either way we seem to have a penchant for 2shooting ourselves in the foot," we do that better than anybody.I feel as you say,with the right players we would have strolled it to SA 2010.
The erosion of our football is taking place in front of our eyes and its happenning by our own,the TTFA.wHAT MORE CAN ANYONE SAY AFTER WITNESSING WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENNING SINCE THAT FIRST MATCH AGAINST ES.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 04:46:47 AM »
just cool,I understand what you say but I dont understand why its happenning,when Latapy took over it was to be a change it selection of players we know who could do a job,sadly though things have got worse.It makes me wonder if Latapy knows what he is doing,either way we seem to have a penchant for 2shooting ourselves in the foot," we do that better than anybody.I feel as you say,with the right players we would have strolled it to SA 2010.
The erosion of our football is taking place in front of our eyes and its happenning by our own,the TTFA.wHAT MORE CAN ANYONE SAY AFTER WITNESSING WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENNING SINCE THAT FIRST MATCH AGAINST ES.
Yuh mean bermuda! talking bout bermuda, breds i was home for the bermuda game, and the way i saw bermuda manhandled the team, i had ah premonition that we was in for ah bumpy ride wid these boys and eventually would sit this WC out, BC i just didn't see any quality in the players or the coaching.

i said to mehself, these guys eh ready yet! we need tuh bring in capable players! i wouldn't be suprise if waner staged the whole thing on ah bribe tip. somehow i feel darryl roberts spoiled his plan when he scored against bermuda tuh advance to the semifinals, i believe jack and pacho sold out the game for bermuda to advance, but as fate would have it, things back fired. maybe that's why roberts can't get ah bligh, maybe he woulda scored some vital goals and spoiled their shady dealings, so they decided to leave him wher he was.

yuh think jack waner don't know all the good players and all the pothounds? that man know football, after all , yuh don't work for fifa if yuh don't know football.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 04:49:39 AM »
A few points to make on this sobering Sunday morning

1) The traffic on this site will reduce CONSIDERABLY now that the team is seemingly out of contention.  Like attendance at the stadium, Trinis are perennial bandwagon jumpers.  See all but the socawarriors.net diehards in around two years. 

2) Why all the anger about not qualifying?  We were clearly substandard and consistently outclassed, and have been for the entire campaign.  Get over it.  Let's regroup and look towards 2014.

3) Will Latapy stay?  Will he be kept on?  Two big questions.  I asked him the first question after the Tobago game, and he stated that he was very committed to the job long term.  Let's see how this unfolds.

4)Here's hoping that the over-35 crew will hang up their national boots now as well.  Let the youths get their turn.  Even if it means a blow out or two (or three) it will be a genuinely good learning experience.

5) Let's focus on the positive.  We have a U-20 squad which have qualified for a World Cup and play in less than two weeks.  We have a Pro League which is making strides every year in the CONCACAF Champions League.  We have a hearty dose of humble pie to eat over the next two years as a result of being beaten into last place in the group, and will live to fight another day (hopefully with some anger and pride) when the Quals resume on Wed and beyond towards 2014.

6) Will the great Bobby Zamora still show up?   ::)

7) My bet is that there will be less than 10,000 in the National Stadium on Wednesday.  Any takers?

YEP! On the UP side, at least it means an end to having to line up hours in advance to get a good seat and endure stupid questions from waggonists in the stadium like "aye that #10 fella is Latapy? Ah thought he was de coach.. and how he lookin red so?"..."Because his name is Hayden Tinto! >:(

And Zamora might "retire" from International duty BEFORE he even kick a ball fuh T&T! ::)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 07:43:42 AM »
So men who should play their last game for us on Wednesday(provided they get on the field) : Ince, Dog, Bleeder,Scotty, Thomas, Yorke?(goodbye game?).

For the last two games rebuilding begins now and we going with a core of:

Jan Michael/Marvin Phillips, Bakr, J'Lloyd, Birchall, Kenwyne, Cornell, Tinto.

Trent and Carlos could stay for the transition but they should be phased out by the next hex.

Keon Daniel should get sent back to the PFL and become MVP like Whitley or Noel before he allowed a guaranteed spot of the side again.

Silvio need to get out of the English Conference before he allowed back on the national team.

Throw in whoever look good at the U-20 world cup from we side...and then plug the gaps with Roberts, Jagdeosingh,Zamora and James and whoever else foreign who didn't get a look-in.
And we moving on with that
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 08:29:39 AM »
Well said Spidey- This has to be the core group with the under 20[s . Serious Friendlies are a must for going forward,

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 08:48:39 AM »
Greetings all, hope all having a wonderful and safe labour day weekend in particular the tri-state massive (on that note there was a brawl at Sugarcane on Friday, anyway)

It has been said before, but just to reiterate, the bonus issue, subsequent blacklist, Maturana, and now an inexperienced Latapy are just some of the things that plagued WCQ 2010.  Truth of the matter is, as old heads will tell you, our attempts to qualify for senior WCs have always gone in cycles.  Lightning struck for us (blip on radar) in 06 and suddenly we think we are entitled to qualify w/o proper planning.  Yes, more players have benefited from our gradual success over the years and so now we can boast of more players competing in some of the tier 1/tier 2 leagues across the globe.  Youth teams have qualified for WCs and so yes, some right has been done. 

Bottom line though, our admin needs to be overhaulded, proper planning must be put in place, and system of accountability established so that we have the checks and balances to ensure continuity from youth to senior levels and more rapid progress for our national senior team.  Until such time, we will remain w/an outside chance of qualifying for subsequent WCs and rely on the late rally 12-18 mths prior to Hex phase.  We have the players, but we need to get serious. If TTFF were a corp. it would probably be reminsicent of Enron or Qualcomm and you know what those outcomes were....

Keep your heads high though lads, press on, WC 2010 is not the end of the road, not sure as well though whether it would be the beginning....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 08:50:36 AM »
And Zamora might "retire" from International duty BEFORE he even kick a ball fuh T&T! ::)
:rotfl: :rotfl:
wha, all manjack jumping ship or wha?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:
wha, all manjack jumping ship or wha?

Rats leavin d sinkin ship.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>