April 19, 2024, 12:32:59 PM

Author Topic: My take - Hoping things improve.  (Read 9120 times)

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My take - Hoping things improve.
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2009, 06:40:02 AM »
I had to sign in and compliment you on this well written one Flex. I agree with everything you say here.

I guess the WRONG Muhammed is the manager of the TTFF. The right one should be Mohammed..  ;)

Btw.

Spoke to a little bird and he confirmed that "Jack Warner lost interest in the T&T senior team a long time ago, he said the big prize is the under 20 team especially the opening match vs Egypt where alot of money is going to be made.

He also told me Zoran Varnes don't like Anton Corneal to much because he is always underminding his work. The last shake up with the technical staff of the under 20 team affected the team members, but they are starting to rebound, I guess it affected them in the South America tour.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 06:42:23 AM by Insider »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2009, 08:41:01 AM »
I had to sign in and compliment you on this well written one Flex. I agree with everything you say here.

I guess the WRONG Muhammed is the manager of the TTFF. The right one should be Mohammed..  ;)

Btw.

Spoke to a little bird and he confirmed that "Jack Warner lost interest in the T&T senior team a long time ago, he said the big prize is the under 20 team especially the opening match vs Egypt where alot of money is going to be made.

He also told me Zoran Varnes don't like Anton Corneal to much because he is always underminding his work. The last shake up with the technical staff of the under 20 team affected the team members, but they are starting to rebound, I guess it affected them in the South America tour.

Thxs 4 tellin we what we suspect long time. As 4 d chipmunk what else to say?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2009, 10:25:35 AM »
Hoping things improve.

You know what hurts the most. Is, almost, if not all of these teams we played in the HEX thus far are so beatable and not so far ahead of us in terms of ability and yet we continue to disappoint. We are on par with most of them if not all and we were capable of winning all of our home games. But yet failed.

If the right precautions, selection and preparation was done from the start no doubt T&T would have been in a better position. But that's a regular thing with us, same story, different page. So how can we really be disappointed when we really cannot expect or, deserve anything better.

You cannot continue to make the same mistakes and expect anything different.

Why do "some" of our players who play in a foreign league particularly the UK always come back to represent T&T a worst player than they were before they left. And don't get me wrong, they did become better players just not for the senior team.

From the beginning there was Yorke who became committed to T&T in the twilight of his career. In his Manchester United days he was another Bobby Zamora. Now there is Kenwyne Jones and Jason Scotland. I mean, these guys are playing in the best league in the world and yet they can't even get a shot off on goal while playing for T&T. And I am not talking about the game against Honduras alone but many others.

Look at Honduras for example, half of their team is based in a foreign league and yet when they return to represent their country they bring the passion and determination with them.

When I look at teams from Central America especially- I see a bunch of normal players (like us) but they always look so determined and proud when they play for their country it seems like it makes all the difference. They look like they will almost die (literally speaking that is) for their country. Unlike T&T who seems as though they are just running flat with no fight in them or love for their country. In-fact, just another payday mentality, maybe ?

What about our support as true fans. Look at Honduras and El Salvador for example and see they have such passionate crowds and how they go all out to support their teams. They will kill (literally speaking that is) for them, even at club level.

Take El Salvador for example, they are in the same position as T&T is right now and I am sure their next home game will be sold out, not to mention the fans make it difficult for visiting teams. Why can't we take pride in our team in good and bad, just hope for the best, but prepare for the worst and really get behind our team.

Everyone knows that our federation is a continued problem because of the politics that surrounds our football, but at the end of the day, our players represents us and like soldiers in a battle field we must support our troops.

Lord alone knows what goes on behind the scenes of T&T football and it's really hard to point fingers on anyone in particular. Though, I must admit that Latapy’s preparations has been sub-par but I am sure that there is more to that story than the regular supporter can see.

The longest rope has an end and one day things will change for the better (I pray). God knows best and as bad as it is now, I believe there is a lesson to be learnt here. But knowing the TTFF I doubt anyone could teach them anything. However, I must applaud them for going all out for our Under 20 team but I believe it has cost the senior one in some part ?

I hate to lose, but what makes it worst is the way we lost. I just hope to see a much better performance against USA on Wednesday. But what ever happens on Wednesday I am still a proud Trinbagonian and I hope we do much better next time around should we fail in our 2010 journey.

Lastly, as I told my dear friend Mr Lincoln Phillips, many people have a misconception that those who succeed in life do so because they face no challenges. The truth is just the opposite. Most people who succeed and experience a high quality in life do so by overcoming tremendous odds.

When I first started the socawarriors.net website I had two die-hard supporters (Sam & Tallman) but I never gave up and had a passion that no one could have competed with. Today, this site boast millions of visitors and thousands of members and it's continuing to grow everyday.

I had the strength of character that enabled me to keep believing, keep planning, keep thinking and keep working to experience my full potential in the face of less than optimal conditions. I never gave up and despite being ignored by the TTFF on many occasions I did what I had to do because I loved my team and moreso my country.

We must come together and unite for the betterment of T&T football. From the players, supporters and administrators. Its the only way we can move forward. Thanks for all the support guys, everyone of you, especially Tallman who is more than just a supporter but everything else.

Regards.

Flex....you don't get it...we only like the game not LOVE it
Flex.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2009, 10:29:03 AM »
Sam's well-known for his diplomacy.

Emphasis on de "dip lo" part.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2009, 12:23:18 PM »
Excellent post, Flex  :applause:
Hart for president

Offline Fazeela

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »
Thanks for expressing the sentiments in this article Flex. In T&T not
many people accept that failure can be a motivation for success. Your
personal experience - perseverance in the face of adversity is a great
example for the Warriors. It's sad but our senior team doesn't look as if
it believes it can get to South Africa in 2010. The players, most
times,lack vigour and coordination. I was terribly disappointed that our
overseas based players didn't lift the play as they could have. Kenwyne
Jones always seem to be waiting for someone to feed him the ball.
I continue to support the Soca Warriors and hope and pray that they can find
that belief and drive to win.
Btw, I am ecstatic that the site is available in other languages!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Let them know they away
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2009, 10:37:34 AM »
From now on when ah going to games, I dressing in black and going with a hymn book to sing some funeral songs cuz dais how it does feel in HCS...like ah attending a damn funeral....ssssssstttteeeuuuuppppssss!!!!....

But it apparently had "real vibes" in Tobago against Costa Rica and we still geh we ass cut.

Same HCS gi we we only victory in dis Hex to date.  Not to mention victories over Guatemala and Mexico in de last Hex.

Sooooooooooooooooooo...... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »
Thanks for expressing the sentiments in this article Flex. In T&T not
many people accept that failure can be a motivation for success. Your
personal experience - perseverance in the face of adversity is a great
example for the Warriors. It's sad but our senior team doesn't look as if
it believes it can get to South Africa in 2010. The players, most
times,lack vigour and coordination. I was terribly disappointed that our
overseas based players didn't lift the play as they could have. Kenwyne
Jones always seem to be waiting for someone to feed him the ball.
I continue to support the Soca Warriors and hope and pray that they can find
that belief and drive to win.
Btw, I am ecstatic that the site is available in other languages!

Welcome bredda, nice post.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Let them know they away
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2009, 11:54:24 AM »
From now on when ah going to games, I dressing in black and going with a hymn book to sing some funeral songs cuz dais how it does feel in HCS...like ah attending a damn funeral....ssssssstttteeeuuuuppppssss!!!!....

But it apparently had "real vibes" in Tobago against Costa Rica and we still geh we ass cut.

Same HCS gi we we only victory in dis Hex to date.  Not to mention victories over Guatemala and Mexico in de last Hex.

Sooooooooooooooooooo...... 8)

We loss but ah enjoy mih self..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>