March 28, 2024, 07:23:23 PM

Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread  (Read 50497 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zlatan: I'm out of shape
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 10:13:07 AM »
good remain dat way till d 11th

yuh tink he hint dat he wants to leave italy with that remark?

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 10:20:49 AM »
play dead to ketch corbeaux live

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 10:40:27 AM »
yuh lie!!

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 10:51:03 AM »
if this is true....then pigs must fly then  :bs: :bs: :bs:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 11:07:35 AM »
Mind games! Trust me...this is the same player that Beenie scouted Ajax. Zlatan good try...

kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 12:25:02 PM »
Yeah and we in de Caribbean does wear grass skirt, walk roung barefoot and eat everthing, not only roti, with we hand!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We better get we fishin boats ready to come back home from Germany!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

OH PLEASE man.....I never here of a Sweden team in World Cup with unfit players....He was sleepin while de rest of de team was playin warm up games or what?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2006, 12:26:52 PM »
who cares?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »
No show, Ibrahimovic 
By Wang Meng Meng (asia1.com.sg)

June 05, 2006       

WHATEVER John Carew can do with a football, I can do it with an orange.

And he proved this boast. With the fruit, socks, golf balls and tennis balls.

Even with chewing gum, which he juggled it several times before hoofing it back into his mouth in a boot advertisement.

But now, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is in danger of running out of steam before the biggest show on earth.

Against Chile yesterday morning (Singapore time), he was so anonymous that it will give his countrymen something to chew about before their World Cup opening match against Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday.

With Henrik Larsson into the twilight of his career and Freddie Ljungberg struggling with a foot injury, the Juventus superstar is Sweden's brightest hope for glory in Germany though questions will have to be raised about his current form.

In his debut season for the Old Lady in 2004/05, the striker impressed with a 16-goal output and otherworldly skills.

OUT OF SORTS

That run screeched to a halt this term, with the Swede of Serbian and Croatian parentage looking increasingly out of sorts and watching his goal tally slashed to just seven strikes.

More worryingly, the 24-year-old is also sucked into the corruption storm that had engulfed the Turin club in the wake of the taped conversations involving Juve general manager Luciano Moggi.

When asked if the scandal had affected his form, Sweden's best player laughed off the suggestions, replying that his slump had more to do with eating too much pasta and gaining weight than having sleepless nights.

Whatever the real reason is, what is indeed true is that the man who can perform such jaw-dropping tricks was totally off-colour in the 1-1 draw against Chile.

Given a full 90 minutes to prove his worth, Ibrahimovic looked detached from the action and never threatened at all.

His only notable contribution was threading a clever through ball in the 22nd minute for the overlapping run of Ljungberg only for the Arsenal man to shoot straight at the goalkeeper.

With Sweden looking short of ideas, just like they did in the 0-0 midweek draw against Finland, they will rely more than ever on the maverick but he seemed to have lost his divine spark.

Even when he was given one final chance to redeem himself two minutes into stoppage time as Mathias Jonson's angled drive flashed across an empty goal, Ibrahimovic's instinct had deserted him by then as he watched helplessly just a few metres away.

With England seemingly able to cope with Wayne Rooney's injury, the race is now on to see who will grab the other ticket out of Group B.

Against Chile, Sweden coach Lars Lagerback fielded what was thought to be his strongest team but it was a line-up laced with problems.

Tobias Linderoth was given the runaround by the fleet-footed Chileans throughout. Anders Svensson, in the playmaker role, was a virtual passenger and will be a serious liability should he continue in this vein of form.

Only Larrson, who opened the scoring by ramming home a ferocious 20 metre free-kick in the 32nd minute and substitute Kim Kallstrom, whose surging runs from midfield had just earned him a move from Rennes to Lyon, warranted any praise.

Tell that to the Swedes, and football fans the world over. They will want to see the man who can juggle a piece of chewing gum performing similar stunts in Germany.

But given his poor show against Chile, he might even have problems juggling a ball now.

Sweden are in Group B with England, Paraguay and Trinidad & Tobago.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2006, 05:22:50 PM »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2006, 08:15:44 PM »
I doh believe it. A certified Toolum manufacturer exporter and distributer out of shape??? NAH!!!!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2006, 08:17:11 PM »

he damm lie..

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »
Ibrahamovic Newest Inter Signing

Juventus sell Ibrahimovic to Inter

(adds Juventus shares information, final para)

MILAN, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Zlatan Ibrahimovic became the latest big name to desert Juventus when he moved to Italian rivals Inter Milan for 24.8 million euros ($31.95 million) on Thursday.

The Sweden striker signed a four year contract, Inter said on their Web site after completing the most expensive incoming deal in Italy of the close-season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Juventus have sold several leading players after being demoted to Serie B last month for their role in Italian soccer's match-fixing scandal.

Ibrahimovic follows Patrick Vieira from Juve to Inter after the France midfielder moved last week - a few days after coach Didier Deschamps said no more players would be leaving.

The disgraced former champions had already sold Italy's World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro, Brazilian midfielder Emerson, and defenders Gianluca Zambrotta and Lilian Thuram.

Bought by coach Fabio Capello in 2004, Ibrahimovic gallantly filled the shoes of the injured David Trezeguet and went on to steer Juve to the Serie A title as the club's top scorer.

Last season, however, looking slow and uninspired, the Bosnian-born player managed only a handful of goals in Serie A and was similarly uninspired for Sweden in the World Cup.

Juventus shares plunged in early trade and were briefly suspended limit down. The stock was trading down four percent at 1.86 euros at 0925 GMT, the third-worst performer on Italy's stock exchange.

Updated on Thursday, Aug 10, 2006 5:31 am EDT

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-juventusibrahimovic&prov=reuters&type=lgns

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:37:23 AM by Flex »

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ibrahamovic Newest Inter Signing
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2006, 10:07:19 AM »
inter are trying to capitalise and build a strong squad ...will they reap the rewards ??

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2006, 10:19:37 AM »
inter are trying to capitalise and build a strong squad ...will they reap the rewards ??

even before these signings, on paper Inter is supposed to be giving stronger performances than what we see

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2006, 10:24:22 AM »
that is an incredible amount of money to pay for a player who is nowhere hear as good as he thinks he is. ::)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2006, 11:11:38 AM »
imbrahimovic is still young pompey so imagine what happens when he realises that he needs to werk on finishing (even though he is good at it ) ocne he perfects his game he his not over 24 i believe and should he perfect his game in a reasonable 3 year period next world cup he will be a force to reckon with

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2006, 11:14:09 AM »
imbrahimovic is still young pompey so imagine what happens when he realises that he needs to werk on finishing (even though he is good at it ) ocne he perfects his game he his not over 24 i believe and should he perfect his game in a reasonable 3 year period next world cup he will be a force to reckon with

Still is a big gamble at that price you must admit !

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2006, 11:50:38 AM »

As a Inter fan I am telling you they will find a way to implode and lose the scudetto

Més que un club.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2006, 11:57:23 AM »
disgrunteld said it best.......yesit is a big price but when man u bought a hot tempered goal scoring lil rough neck from the merseyside area that played for EVERTON for around that price we all said that.....but look at how he blosoms when he cotnrosl himself......ibrahimovic has the skil to do well jsut watch and see how he will make them proud

WHAT YOU ALL FAIL TO DO IS REALISE THE INTER STRIKE FORCE NOW.....ADRIANO ...AND ZLATAN SO THEY WILL BOTH GET BETER COMPLIMENTING EACH OTHER ..both young and will grow not too mention their pwerful meances ..ALONG WITH THE GUIDANCE OF EXPEREINCED CAPPABLE CRESPO....like andre samuel would say ah love it ....can someone say cue and exit for obafemi martins

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2006, 12:39:44 PM »
disgrunteld said it best.......yesit is a big price but when man u bought a hot tempered goal scoring lil rough neck from the merseyside area that played for EVERTON for around that price we all said that.....but look at how he blosoms when he cotnrosl himself......ibrahimovic has the skil to do well jsut watch and see how he will make them proud

WHAT YOU ALL FAIL TO DO IS REALISE THE INTER STRIKE FORCE NOW.....ADRIANO ...AND ZLATAN SO THEY WILL BOTH GET BETER COMPLIMENTING EACH OTHER ..both young and will grow not too mention their pwerful meances ..ALONG WITH THE GUIDANCE OF EXPEREINCED CAPPABLE CRESPO....like andre samuel would say ah love it ....can someone say cue and exit for obafemi martins

man united have just put in for adriano !

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2006, 04:02:21 PM »

it's not so much his finishing he needs to work on, it's his work level. If he put as much effort into his football as he does telling everyone how good he is, then he would be an amazing player.

At the moment, he is living on a reputation that he has not fully earned.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2006, 07:53:17 PM »
that is an incredible amount of money to pay for a player who is nowhere hear as good as he thinks he is. ::)

respek Pompey. Zlatan has talent and age on his side. I htink he will develop into a monster of a player if he cares to, but for now...he plays like a circus pony. One setta tricks that amount to very little. I think he scored a majestic 7 goals last season for Juve in Serie A. Of course he contributed more than goals, but by the end of the season people were wondering why he was starting ahead of Del Piero. Worst yet, people were wondering why he was starting ahead of Mutu.. Imagine, people say Adriano had a piss poor season and he scored twice as many goals as the big Swede in all competitions (I know I know...I am oversimplifing). Apparently he is also a pompous ass  ;D. The Ajax captain wrote about how happy the dressing room was to get rid of him when he moved to Juve. Right now he is young enough to still get ranks based on his potential. PLus I should not judge him too harshly on his first season in the most defensive league in Europe...but if he continues like he is...he will get ah overrated ranks in a couple years

Offline emgee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2006, 01:36:18 AM »

zlatan is a strange guy

forced himself out of ajax
now forces himself out of juve

and then goes to INTER
one of the most boring teams ever

must be the money

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2006, 02:48:39 AM »
i am an inter fan, but is like de chairman doh learn.. always buying and selling a setta big names rather than building a proper team...

check de flecking strike force now...

adriano
zlatan
crespo
recoba
cruz
martins

how yuh go keep 6 strikers happy.. whaz de best combo??

steups..

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2006, 06:18:56 AM »
i am an inter fan, but is like de chairman doh learn.. always buying and selling a setta big names rather than building a proper team...

adriano
zlatan
crespo
recoba
cruz
martins

steups..

To me, the best combo is Crespo and Martins, but Martins just ask to leave so I would go with Crespo - Zlatan

I don't think Zlatan and Adriano can play together, neither of them is tenacious, they are both fairly lazy strikers. To be honest, I wouldnt mind seeing Adriano sold - he looked very lethargic last season, and I don't see him changing.

Recoba has been my favourite player for years, since Djorkaeff left,  but he is never fit, and only God knows why he thinks of himself as a striker rather than an attacking midfielder.

Cruz scores alot of goals, but I dont think anyone will mind if he leaves.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2006, 07:27:28 AM »
I have just heard rumours that representatives of Martins (And Sully Muntri) are at Portsmouth today talking to Harry Redknapp and Sacha Gaydamak our new owner, so that is one less forward to worry about ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2006, 07:41:49 AM »

adriano
zlatan
crespo
recoba
cruz
martins

steups..

To me, the best combo is Crespo and Martins, but Martins just ask to leave so I would go with Crespo - Zlatan

I don't think Zlatan and Adriano can play together, neither of them is tenacious, they are both fairly lazy strikers. To be honest, I wouldnt mind seeing Adriano sold - he looked very lethargic last season, and I don't see him changing.

Recoba has been my favourite player for years, since Djorkaeff left,  but he is never fit, and only God knows why he thinks of himself as a striker rather than an attacking midfielder.

Cruz scores alot of goals, but I dont think anyone will mind if he leaves.

Sorry Ryan, Adriano is anything but lazy. He's actually a very hard working striker. Have you seen him play other than this past season? Anyone who has followed his career knows he works his socks off....but he lost his confidence last season and started looking lethargic. The fans gotr on him and his relationship with mancini seems to ahve soured. He's made it clear that he is unhappy at Inter...so it might be good for him to leave. But but he is a better striker than Zlatan right now: top scorer Confed Cup 2005, top scorer Copa America 2004, scores goals for fun in Serie A (even last season when he was poor he scored 13 goals to Zlatan's 7 and at the beginning of the season was a one man demolition force). Did more than Zlatan in the WC too....and he didn't play lazy (that was Ronaldo). Just wasn't too effective...and he is better in the air and at free kicks than Zlatan. Zlatan however seems a more skilful player who is superior with the ball at his feet. Overall Adriano is better than Zlatan or Crespo. I think one of them will be supporting him when the season starts if he doesn't leave for ManU
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 07:46:24 AM by Filho »

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2006, 07:48:04 AM »
Filho you real like Adriano boy...de amount ah times you defend him on dis forum  ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 08:22:05 AM »
Filho you real like Adriano boy...de amount ah times you defend him on dis forum  ;D

really? my memory bad boy. i cyah really remember having to defend him too much...but I know I real big him up plenty on de forum...what can I say..dat is big big player ;D ;D

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 08:27:20 AM »
Boy I hate Adriano after he purge in the WC.
He is a poor man's Ronaldo in my book.
I have seen him dominate before but he has been a shadow of that player in recent months.
Right now he looks slow and cumbersome as opposed to fast and powerful
Filho, you eh hadda defend every Brazilian. I love Brazil but I not on Adriano atall atall
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>