March 28, 2024, 05:49:42 PM

Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread  (Read 50494 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2014, 08:56:48 PM »
Except Zlatan fart down heself during his time at Barca, maybe he and tiki taka jus did not mix
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »
16 goals in 29 games is farting down?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2014, 07:25:30 AM »

Yuh have to look back at where barca was then, not the barca of last yr or this year, compare his record to eto the previous seasons and messi, though the latter is probably an unfair comparison.  Going from eto to zlatan was an experiement that did not work, the goal ratio you show would be good anywhere else but not at barca that season...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »

Yuh have to look back at where barca was then, not the barca of last yr or this year, compare his record to eto the previous seasons and messi, though the latter is probably an unfair comparison.  Going from eto to zlatan was an experiement that did not work, the goal ratio you show would be good anywhere else but not at barca that season...

It wasn't an experiment at all.  Pep didn't like Eto'o and wanted to be rid of him.  Inter saw an opportunity to manage salaries by sending Ibra in the other direction.  The only reason Ibra actually cost Barca some change was because Ibra had a recently signed extension and therefore that meant his value was higher than Eto who's contract was an expiring one.  Zlatan played to his skill set within the set up there.  He did not spend enough time there to integrate into the Tiki Taka system yet still was able to produce a goal every other game on average.  To say that he fart dong heself is ah setta shit talk because outside of Eto, and Messi who else was prolific to that tune at Barca in the last 2 decades?  Villa? No. Henry? No. Eiğur Guğjohnsen? No. Giuly? No.  Larsson? No. Pedro, Lexi? No. 

I sure yuh get the picture, right?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2014, 10:46:11 AM »

It wasn't an experiment at all.  Pep didn't like Eto'o and wanted to be rid of him.  Inter saw an opportunity to manage salaries by sending Ibra in the other direction.  The only reason Ibra actually cost Barca some change was because Ibra had a recently signed extension and therefore that meant his value was higher than Eto who's contract was an expiring one.  Zlatan played to his skill set within the set up there.  He did not spend enough time there to integrate into the Tiki Taka system yet still was able to produce a goal every other game on average.  To say that he fart dong heself is ah setta shit talk because outside of Eto, and Messi who else was prolific to that tune at Barca in the last 2 decades?  Villa? No. Henry? No. Eiğur Guğjohnsen? No. Giuly? No.  Larsson? No. Pedro, Lexi? No. 

ha ha, well, yuh entitled to your opinion...yuh right about one thing, eto departure wasn't an experiment though I stated it as such....Henry IMO did much better and fit right in from the jump, it's not only about goal/match ratio but other aspects of the game of which you are aware...but Henry is a different footballer and you could argue the transition from Arsenal to Barca made that easier.

I will say this though, based on the ltd footage I have seen, Zlatan today is not the same player that Barca bought, that said, I def would not have bought him back then, his price tag then kinda reminds me of Bale today at RM....

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2014, 10:56:54 AM »

ha ha, well, yuh entitled to your opinion...yuh right about one thing, eto departure wasn't an experiment though I stated it as such....Henry IMO did much better and fit right in from the jump, it's not only about goal/match ratio but other aspects of the game of which you are aware...but Henry is a different footballer and you could argue the transition from Arsenal to Barca made that easier.

I will say this though, based on the ltd footage I have seen, Zlatan today is not the same player that Barca bought, that said, I def would not have bought him back then, his price tag then kinda reminds me of Bale today at RM....

Kinda hard to argue against getting a striker who had won league titles in every league he played in as part of the act to exile ah striker of Eto caliber.  Despite the obvious maturity in his game today Zlatan was a top 10 - 15 (depending on opinion) club striker at that point.  Henry was always going to be an easier fit given the style of play he came from at Arsenal.  I am sure if you added CR, Hazard, Mata, etc. despite their obvious skills it would also take them some time to integrate into that system given that they always played in much more straight forward setups.  The price tag looked inflated but in reality it made sense.  I do understand why many would not and did not want him at that price though.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2014, 11:21:11 AM »
Sense MS  :beermug:  Disagree that it made sense, but no seen, we could agree to disagree....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Zlatan like he is a hater
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2014, 04:51:50 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OArACq2vEwY#t=118" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OArACq2vEwY#t=118</a>

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »
What's de issue, Flex? Yuh doh like Juventus ballers?  :devil:

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Zlatan Mad :D
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2014, 01:41:14 PM »
ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC FUMING AFTER BEING NAMED SECOND-BEST SWEDISH ATHLETE EVER
DECEMBER 23RD, 2014 BY THOMAS HAUTMANN

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is upset. Very upset.

The PSG star finished second to tennis legend Bjorn Borg on Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter‘s list of the country’s 150 greatest athletes of all time, and when congratulated by the paper, Zlatan gave this curt response:

"Thank you, but to finish second is like finishing last."

Okay, Ricky Bobby.

Asked where he thinks he should’ve landed on the list, Zlatan quipped: “I would have been No. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, with due respect to the others.”

To be honest, we kind of expected him to say that. Classic Zlatan!
http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/105970544167/zlatan-ibrahimovic-fuming-after-being-named

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Zlatan Mad :D
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »
Ibrahimovic comes second in poll of best sporting Swedes, blasts award
Zlatan Ibahimovic has reacted bitterly to being placed second in the rankings of Sweden's all-time sports people by a national newspaper, suggesting that he was clearly the best.
The Paris Saint-Germain striker has won the Guldbollen, an annual award given to the best Swedish footballer of each year, a record nine times and racked up over a century of caps for the national side.
However, after being declared as runner-up behind five-times Wimbledon winner Bjorn Borg by the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter in a list of the top 150 Swedes, he responded in typically candid fashion.
"Thank you (for the congratulations), but to finish second is like finishing last," Ibrahimovic said in an interview with the publishers of the rankings.
"On that list I would have been number 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, with due respect to the others."
Despite those comments, the 33-year-old still reserved praise for Tennis star Borg.
"He is a cool person and a living legend," he added.
FOX Soccer and Goal.com have teamed up to bring you the best in world soccer coverage. Visit Goal.com, and follow them on Twitter and Facebook.
http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/ibrahimovic-comes-second-in-poll-of-best-ever-sporting-swedes-blasts-award-122314

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2014, 04:10:20 PM »
Zlatan is a work of .... you name it.   ;D

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »
ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC: MOOSE HUNTER
DECEMBER 30TH, 2014

There are many titles that can be given to Sweden and Paris Saint-Germain star Zlatan Ibrahimovic — and moose hunter is just the latest.

Swedish newspaper Expressen reported that the charismatic striker spent some of the winter holiday hunting in his home country. The paper reported that Zlatan felled a 500 kg (1,100 lbs) moose with a single shot to the heart.

Unsurprisingly, animal rights activists in Sweden are less than amused by Ibrahimovic’s hunting prowess and criticized him for supporting hunting as a sport.

Hunting is legal in Sweden and Ibrahimovic is a known fan. He’s had a license since 2010 and even starred in a Volvo ad featuring him lining up a rifle at a moose as well as other wintery, Nordic activities.
And in case you’re wondering, his skills at animal capture don’t end on land. This holiday, he’s breaking personal records in fishing too.

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/106625784797/zlatan-ibrahimovic-moose-hunter

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2015, 10:12:23 AM »
Yuh ha to respect Zlatan if fuh nothing else than the fact that he is consistent and unafraid to express himself.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Ibra to Man U?
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2016, 12:13:52 PM »
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has agreed to provisional terms with Manchester United and will complete his move to Old Trafford after Euro 2016, sources close to the deal have told ESPN FC.

FULL ARTICLE
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ibra to Man U?
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »
How he and the Special One will co exist will be the most intresting thing in the EPL next season. It worked in Italy but the British press different.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:16:24 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2016, 05:23:47 AM »
Well look trouble.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2016, 02:51:53 PM »
No we doh want him.....send him to Celsea or Assnal or even that other manchester team.

I guess he will want the captaincy from Rooney.

This is going to be a tumultuous 3 years with Jose....so far he hasn't changed or shown any propensity to do so. He will probably recycle a bunch of pre-retirees.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 02:57:45 PM by MEP »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2016, 09:52:22 AM »
Things appear to be promising?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2016, 09:21:28 AM »
For now. Let's hope they stay on that track.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2016, 10:21:02 AM »
in the middle of reading his book and he mention talking to a trini trialist who was at malmo ff with him....any idea who that could have been? tallman flex
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2016, 10:52:04 AM »
in the middle of reading his book and he mention talking to a trini trialist who was at malmo ff with him....any idea who that could have been? tallman flex

Probably David Nakhid.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:53:48 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2017, 01:42:28 AM »
Manchester Utd's Zlatan Ibrahimovic ranks No. 2 on UK's rich list
By PA Sport

Lewis Hamilton is still the richest sportsman in the UK but Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a close second after he gatecrashed the top 10 of the new Sunday Times Rich List.

Mercedes Formula One driver Hamilton, who is bidding to win his fourth World Championship this year, has a £131 million fortune and has seen his wealth increase by £25m in the past 12 months.

Ibrahimovic, United's 35-year-old Swedish striker, leapfrogged teammate Wayne Rooney to become the richest footballer on the list after he joined the English side in July last year.

The imposing forward has a wealth of £110m after more than a decade playing for Europe's elite clubs including Paris Saint-Germain, AC Milan, Barcelona, Juventus and Inter Milan and a lucrative long-term endorsement deal with Nike.

Formula One's Jenson Button and golfer Rory McIlroy make up the top five with wealth of £86m and £82m respectively.

McIlroy's fortune rose by £26m in the past 12 months, the biggest rise on the list, while Button's personal fortune grew by £9m even though he handed over his McLaren seat at the end of last season.

Football is the best-represented sport in the top 10, with five of the wealthiest sports people either players or managers.

Rooney (£93m, up £11m) is third, while Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is in seventh place (£61m) and Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola equal ninth (£50m).

Wales and Real Madrid striker Gareth Bale has seen his wealth rise by £20m in the last year to a total of £54m, to place him eighth in the top 10.

Sir Andy Murray is now worth £77m, making him the sixth-richest sportsman. The world No. 1 in men's tennis earned nearly £13m on court and plenty more off it to carry him to the total, the same number as that borne by his management company after he won his first Wimbledon 77 years after the last Briton to do so, Fred Perry.

Los Angeles Lakers basketball player Luol Deng completes the top 10 in joint ninth place with Guardiola (£50m).

Deng is Sudanese-British and came to London aged eight after fleeing civil war in his home country. He moved to the United States as a teenager and has played for the Chicago Bulls, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat before switching to the Lakers.

None of the top 10 richest sports stars saw their wealth decline this year, with the cumulative rise standing at £129m.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Because I am Zlatan
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »
Galaxy down 3-2 against LAFC. Galaxy coach send on Zlatan in about the 70th min. 5 mins later Zlatan hit a volley from  about 20 yards. 3-3. The stadium rocking forever. Breds, Zlatan has arrived or touchdown.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Because I am Zlatan
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »
Are you kidding me, he just scored again. 4-3.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2018, 02:57:17 PM »
What a Hollywood story. Are you friggin kidding me.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2018, 03:20:59 PM »
Yeah just saw it myself. Absolutely amazing. Z-L-A-T-A-N :applause:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »
Allyuh make me look. Well worth de peek! Deeks yuh mean about 20 yards from de penalty area. Jah know ah hope he goes to Russia.

1]; } ?>