April 23, 2024, 07:31:33 AM

Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread  (Read 51186 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2020, 11:25:10 AM »
Q: Was there a Trini on the field/bench?

Only one possibility

Agreed. Maybe he will confirm. :)

He was on the bench, but didn't play. Interestingly, Ray Hudson played and scored in that game. The great Gerd Meuller was also on de field.

This is a tough question without a hint: Who was the first player Best skinned on the way to scoring? Hint: Think Hudson and Hislop.

Dead give-away of a clue.

The suit alone was as you said, was a dead giveaway lol...maybe I should tweet this video to Bien Sports

;D

Ah guessing that Tallman was spared witnessing the sartorial splendor.

Dahis not him headless above doh. Just a pic I pulled from elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 11:27:21 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2020, 10:11:23 PM »
;D

Ah cyah see de face in de video, but yuh clues eh helping meh.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2020, 02:32:14 PM »
;D

De outlandish suit was a dead giveaway. Is this person a former US youth coach and USMNT scout?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 31, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »
;D

Thomas Rongen?

De outlandish suit was a dead giveaway. Is this person a former US youth coach and USMNT scout?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 31, 2020, 03:09:39 PM »
;D

Thomas Rongen?

I believe that's him TM

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 31, 2020, 04:15:50 PM »
Yeah, correct: Rongen was George Best's first victim in that sequence.

Strangely, I can't find a pic of him in that garb online :). But I thought it must have caught the eye of anyone who has seen him on TV.

I wasn't aware of his Fenwickesque role (vs Maradona) on that goal until last week or not I would have been sure to have asked him about it.  ;D

« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 06:38:45 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 31, 2020, 05:30:12 PM »
 ???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
???

What could possibly be confusing on this thread?  :)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2021, 02:45:19 AM »
Zlatan Ibrahimovic continues criticism of LeBron James
By Joe Prince-Wright (NBC Sports).

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has doubled down on his criticism of LeBron James and athletes who speak out about politics and current affairs.

Speaking in a press conference for the San Remo music festival in Italy, Ibrahimovic had this to say about his recent comments regarding LeBron James.

“Athletes unite the world, politics divide it,” Ibrahimovic said. “Our role is to unite the world by doing what we do best. Athletes should be athletes and politicians should do politics.”

Last week LeBron James had hit back at Ibrahimovic, after initial comments from the AC Milan striker told the NBA superstar to ‘stay out of it’ when it comes to politics and that he should ‘do what you’re best at’ because it doesn’t look good to be outspoken.

Zlatan, 39, is often outspoken and his comments reached LeBron James.

Here was part of LeBron’s response last week.

“I will never shut up about things that are wrong. I preach about my people, equality, social injustice, racism, systematic voter suppression. Things that go on in our community because I was a part of my community at one point, seeing things that were going on, and I know it is going on still,” James said.

The LA Lakers star was defiant as he said he has ‘300 plus kids at my school who need a voice’ and he is their voice, plus he was also generally confused about Zlatan’s comments.

“There is no way I will ever stick to sports because I understand this platform and how powerful my voice is…” James said. “It’s funny he said that because I believe he was the same guy in 2018, when he was back in Sweden, talking about the same things because his last name wasn’t a certain last name. That he felt like there was racism going on when he was out on the pitch. I speak from a very educated mind. I’m kind of the wrong guy to go at because I do my homework.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2021, 03:07:09 PM »
As much as I like Zlatan as a player I think he was out of line for mentioning LeBron James name in his comments. LeBron and his team are highly calculated and is well informed on all the issues and he uses his platform to speak out against.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2021, 08:27:46 PM »
As much as I like Zlatan as a player I think he was out of line for mentioning LeBron James name in his comments. LeBron and his team are highly calculated and is well informed on all the issues and he uses his platform to speak out against.

Initially I think he was trying to protect Lebron (why mess with your brand, bro?).

I worked with a senior decisionmaker who was not comfortable putting emails out. He was afraid of making errors. Mostly because he knew he made errors reflexively. So he encouraged others not to send emails so as not to make errors. He perceived his weakness to be that of everyone else, and, of course, he didn't want to be locked in a cycle or narrative that exposed his weakness.

Zlatan thinks because he would be out of his depth Lebron would be too. Also he can't fathom why Lebron wouldn't be out of his depth. He wouldn't have tossed that drivel in the direction of Thuram. (I am SURE Thuram has a lot to say on this matter because he has no qualms about weighing-in on similar issues).

At the end of the day, it also reveals Zlatan's blind spot regarding melanin.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 08:32:33 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2021, 01:01:55 AM »
Lebron maybe only a high school graduate, but he is articulate and can discuss sport, social and political issues as normal as many of the "well educated" pundits.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2021, 01:19:32 AM »

Initially I think he was trying to protect Lebron (why mess with your brand, bro?).

I worked with a senior decisionmaker who was not comfortable putting emails out. He was afraid of making errors. Mostly because he knew he made errors reflexively. So he encouraged others not to send emails so as not to make errors. He perceived his weakness to be that of everyone else, and, of course, he didn't want to be locked in a cycle or narrative that exposed his weakness.

Zlatan thinks because he would be out of his depth Lebron would be too. Also he can't fathom why Lebron wouldn't be out of his depth. He wouldn't have tossed that drivel in the direction of Thuram. (I am SURE Thuram has a lot to say on this matter because he has no qualms about weighing-in on similar issues).

At the end of the day, it also reveals Zlatan's blind spot regarding melanin.

I really like Zlatan. His braggadocio is both serious and comical. It is ironic that he has commented on his experiences as a Bosnian Swede. And yet he can't see the similarities with Lebron. I think he knows exactly, but he is holding back. Zlatan is correct about football uniting and politicians dividing. But I have seen some videos about ultras at the games in the Europe, and I think this is more than political. This is deep seated animosities that has been cemented among various ethnic groups for centuries.

1]; } ?>