March 28, 2024, 09:13:42 AM

Author Topic: Records Dont Mean A Ting!  (Read 777 times)

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Records Dont Mean A Ting!
« on: October 10, 2005, 05:13:17 PM »
I see men talking about past records, CR in Guat, Mex v Trini. On paper we will loose to mexico and Guatemala will beat Costa Rica in Guatemala City. but football is not played on paper its played on a pitch 11 v 11 and Trinidad will have the 12th man on Wed. the 2006 World Cup qualifiers has already shown us that records are for commentators to talk about b4 the match in the studio. Togo, Angola, Ivory Coast and Ghana all won their groups knocking out the favorites in the process. China went out last year so did honduras and Jamaica. we saw Panama get a draw in Mexico they also reached the final of the gold cup. Greece won the european cup. Liverpool won the champions league from 3-0 down. and the last world cup saw Turkey v South Korea in the 3rd place play off. football has changed in the last 10 years, now the teams that succeed are the ones who work hard for their manager and are not intimedated by big names. anything that has happend, is in the past but wednesday is a new day. when we beat mexico i buyin every 1 a drink  :beermug:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Records Dont Mean A Ting!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 05:17:18 PM »
I see men talking about past records, CR in Guat, Mex v Trini. On paper we will loose to mexico and Guatemala will beat Costa Rica in Guatemala City. but football is not played on paper its played on a pitch 11 v 11 and Trinidad will have the 12th man on Wed. the 2006 World Cup qualifiers has already shown us that records are for commentators to talk about b4 the match in the studio. Togo, Angola, Ivory Coast and Ghana all won their groups knocking out the favorites in the process. China went out last year so did honduras and Jamaica. we saw Panama get a draw in Mexico they also reached the final of the gold cup. Greece won the european cup. Liverpool won the champions league from 3-0 down. and the last world cup saw Turkey v South Korea in the 3rd place play off. football has changed in the last 10 years, now the teams that succeed are the ones who work hard for their manager and are not intimedated by big names. anything that has happend, is in the past but wednesday is a new day. when we beat mexico i buyin every 1 a drinkĀ  :beermug:

Record dont mean a thing as you pointed out... But its surprising that people get heated up when they see something that they dont really want to see. Fans need to show a little more maturity at times. How many of us here expected the USA to go down and wipe out Cost Rica recently? Hostory showed that its something they have never done....and history repeated itself.

I think Guatemala would give anything to be in Trinidad's position right now.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Records Dont Mean A Ting!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 05:20:43 PM »
bredrin it wasnt a dig at u, history repeats its self until it doesnt if u get my drift ;)

1]; } ?>