March 28, 2024, 08:20:19 AM

Author Topic: Who remembers this guy?  (Read 14462 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who remembers this guy?
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:39:18 AM »
Ah don't know bout the under 30ies, but the ppl over 35 and went to school in TNT have to remember Dave El cock!

that man was entertaining boy. every morning before i went to school , El cock was entertaining the masses with his jokes and funny impersonations while doing the crix adds of ah bajan name burt , ah domonican name hosea horopo, ah chinaman name hailee the chinie, and lots more. my favorite was burt the bajan.

what was allyuh favorite part of dave El cock in the mornin show?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who remembers this guy?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:41:05 AM »
The whole show it even had a time he trip readin death announcements where he say y dey havin memorial service dem peeps death ahready.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 06:51:40 AM »
"One day at a time sweet Jesus"

Always started off my day on the right track  :beermug:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 08:13:52 AM »
Ah don't know bout the under 30ies, but the ppl over 35 and went to school in TNT have to remember Dave El cock!

that man was entertaining boy. every morning before i went to school , El cock was entertaining the masses with his jokes and funny impersonations while doing the crix adds of ah bajan name burt , ah domonican name hosea horopo, ah chinaman name hailee the chinie, and lots more. my favorite was burt the bajan.

what was allyuh favorite part of dave El cock in the mornin show?
610 Action Radio on ya dial in de morning
Elcock was KICKS
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:15:42 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 09:26:20 AM »
One setta 'ol man on this forum boy! I glad I young and strong not old like allyuh

::) ::) ::)

Kicks aside I used to listen to Elcock as a child, he was a real pioneer. Always used to talk about his wife..I think her name was Mavis?

How much of ya'll remember Billy Reece, the DJ that help bring up Renie B on radio trinidad?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »
One setta 'ol man on this forum boy! I glad I young and strong not old like allyuh

Kicks aside I used to listen to Elcock as a child, he was a real pioneer. Always used to talk about his wife..I think her name was Mavis?

How much of ya'll remember Billy Reece, the DJ that help bring up Renie B on radio trinidad?

U really old because I eh know who Billy Reece
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 11:06:24 AM »
I vaguely remember Elcock... more the name and a bit of the voice than actualy snippets of the show or what his act/schtick was.  Remember Mavis too... "May and Dave", singing dem ole 60s standards, lol.

I more used to listen to the other station doh de one in de 700s (yeah back den was only two AM stations and ah grainy FM one wid Allyson Hennesy husband on it).  Ian "De Goose" Eligon was de hot dj on de other station before he ride out without telling dem anything.  Deez days he works on Wendy Williams' show http://ianthegoose.com/Home_Page.html

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 11:27:17 AM »

U really old because I eh know who Billy Reece
tell him for me nuh :devil:
 ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »
Radio fusion! LOL>>>
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 08:06:34 PM »
ahhhhhm, i younger dan most on here, but is dat d same david elcock who hosted scouting for talent in d late 90's?   :-[
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »
ahhhhhm, i younger dan most on here, but is dat d same david elcock who hosted scouting for talent in d late 90's?   :-[

CORRECK after dey throw out Holly B he became the host

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »

CORRECK after dey throw out Holly B he became the host

thanks weary  :beermug:

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 08:39:15 PM »
Ah will play fresh and jump in all yuh grown folks talk. If i remember correctly that was my parents favorite radio guy. Is that d same gentleman that went crazy? HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »
Ah will play fresh and jump in all yuh grown folks talk. If i remember correctly that was my parents favorite radio guy. Is that d same gentleman that went crazy? HIGHLY BLESSED.
define "went" :devil:
he was always a bit "orf" ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:09:10 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 09:36:31 PM »

D fella always had he pass 4 St. Anns bt dat neva stop him 4 havin d best mornin show ever on d airways in TNT.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
Eh west coast, yuh cyar pull up nothing on him? ah old radio clip, ah youtube, nothing?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »
Eh west coast, yuh cyar pull up nothing on him? ah old radio clip, ah youtube, nothing?
ok ah go give it ah try
buh maybe Tallman could help
please and thanks
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 10:25:27 PM »
All yuh killing meh wid dat one yes. Ah almost wake up d wife yes. Ah on meh cell so ah cah find a damn smiley or rolling steupssss. If i did ah wud ah put about 5. WC yuh not nice nah u believe ah still have ah smile on meh face geezan. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 10:35:24 PM »
All yuh killing meh wid dat one yes. Ah almost wake up d wife yes. Ah on meh cell so ah cah find a damn smiley or rolling steupssss. If i did ah wud ah put about 5. WC yuh not nice nah u believe ah still have ah smile on meh face geezan. HIGHLY BLESSED.
nah man Dave was the BEST
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 02:18:03 AM »
Smartman on de forum :) ... Ah feel just cool pull this out the bag to institute ah age test.   :devil:

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 06:45:32 AM »
The Lionel Richie Song
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 06:52:39 PM »
Dave wife was Mavis John. She was the local RB singer in the late 60/early 70s. Billy Reece  was also a DJ who use to play a lot of soul music especially on Sat. morning. He and Dave are QRC alum. There was also a white Trini called John Boos who use to do Amer. top 40 on Sat. He had own JBs disco in Maraval???

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 06:58:09 PM »
Dave wife was Mavis John. She was the local RB singer in the late 60/early 70s. Billy Reece  was also a DJ who use to play a lot of soul music especially on Sat. morning. He and Dave are QRC alum. There was also a white Trini called John Boos who use to do Amer. top 40 on Sat. He had own JBs disco in Maraval???
nah, in the precursor of grand bazaar i believe
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 08:24:58 PM »
I use to like to hear the cock crow and.....................Davidddd Elcockkk in the Morninggggggggg. Who remember dat? ;D
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 08:56:47 AM »
 :wavetowel:
I use to like to hear the cock crow and.....................Davidddd Elcockkk in the Morninggggggggg. Who remember dat? ;D

meh'and raise  :whistling:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »
I just remember something. Ent there was rumor that Mavis horn Dave wid some ......?  One of the reasons why he had a bed nex' to mine in St Anns'? ;D
And if I remembered correctly, both sang a song uhmm "run away, run away?" Ah sure Tallest will give me the correct title of the song.

edit" The correct name is “You Are What Love Is”.

edit again! But wait, now I'm thinking it's 2 different songs. steupses!!
Run Away, Run Away was the chorus of one
AND "You are what love is"
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:50:07 PM by TriniCana »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 11:09:27 AM »
oh godd cana...i hear that too but i dint wah bring it up ;D

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 05:14:41 PM »

Well ya know me  :rotfl:
If I remember correctly from what my relatives said (in ah ole talk long time) he lost it while on air when he found out who she horn him with. Phil Simmons took over temporarily and eventually Dave came back but for a short time. By then there was a change the in the format of the programming, and he just disappeared (fired!!). A while after 610 action radio went off the air....not so?

Phil impressed the producers that they gave him his own program on air....the rest is his history!!

Radio personalities began or established their careers behind the microphones of Radio Guardian/Radio 610/NBS Radio. Among the many can be listed: Canadian-born Larry Harewood, Bobby Thomas, Dik Henderson, Barbara Salandy, Dave Elcock, Phil Simmons, Brenda & Kenny da Silva, Anthony Harford, Tony Dennison, Anna Seeratan, Lucy Arthur, Sharon Pitt, Dennis McComie, Ian Eligon and Peter de la Bastide.

A little piece about Dave
http://managementtrainee.120host.net/2007/12/09/life-and-times-of-david-elcock/
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:54:26 PM by TriniCana »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 06:16:50 PM »

Well ya know me  :rotfl:
If I remember correctly from what my relatives said (in ah ole talk long time) he lost it while on air when he found out who she horn him with. Phil Simmons took over temporarily and eventually Dave came back but for a short time. By then there was a change the in the format of the programming, and he just disappeared (fired!!). A while after 610 action radio went off the air....not so?

Phil impressed the producers that they gave him his own program on air....the rest is his history!!

Radio personalities began or established their careers behind the microphones of Radio Guardian/Radio 610/NBS Radio. Among the many can be listed: Canadian-born Larry Harewood, Bobby Thomas, Dik Henderson, Barbara Salandy, Dave Elcock, Phil Simmons, Brenda & Kenny da Silva, Anthony Harford, Tony Dennison, Anna Seeratan, Lucy Arthur, Sharon Pitt, Dennis McComie, Ian Eligon and Peter de la Bastide.

A little piece about Dave
http://managementtrainee.120host.net/2007/12/09/life-and-times-of-david-elcock/

are u speakin of a certain poet?  :-X

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »
Trini yuh good ,ah was jus going to say that the man went mad  he came on the radio station and cuss .by dway trini yuh remember ah woman calypsonian singing ah tune cat does run away dog does run away when man treating them bad i think it had something to do with mave and dave and she the calypsonian.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

1]; } ?>