April 28, 2024, 06:45:40 AM

Author Topic: Tyson Gay believes he can beat Usain Bolt world record  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Tyson Gay believes he can beat Usain Bolt world record
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »
By Alex Spink 31/08/2009
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/2009/08/31/gay-i-ll-make-a-bolt-for-record-115875-21636965/

Tyson Gay says he can lower Usain Bolt's 100 metres world record to 9.50 seconds - despite being left behind in Berlin.

Gay runs at the British Grand Prix in Gateshead today chasing the more modest target of Asafa Powell's threeyear-old British all-comers record of 9.77secs. But he is already planning for next year when he believes he will be in shape to beat Bolt's astonishing 9.58secs mark.

Gay ran the third fastest time in history to win silver at the World Championships in 9.71secs and did it with a groin problem.

The American said: "I feel that as long as I am healthy I can run a lot faster. The time Usain ran was amazing but I believe I can run just as fast.

"I don't need to make any changes to my training regime, just stay healthy. In Berlin I was in a little bit of pain with my groin. I believe I can run 9.50 but I'm going to stop writing down my target times because every time I do Usain Bolt runs them."

Injury has plagued Gay since his three gold medals at the 2007 World Championships - forcing him out of the Beijing Olympics and the 200 metres in Berlin - but he feels he has a major part to play in the sport's future.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tyson Gay believes he can beat Usain Bolt world record
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:03:29 PM »
his back may be against the wall but he has the right attitude...
If he can't believe he can do it, he never will...
hint hint T&T runners!
whey boy!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »
Tyson does not just talk this - he went out this year ran 45.5 for 400, trained like his life depended on it and even ran a 100m PR (2nd best ever) slightly hurt.

It's called cohones, and it's why Tyson has my eternal respect, despite those who email me to say 'oh stop being nice to Gay, he ducks BOLT constantly'.

I don't think he can run 9.5 - I felt sure he could run right at 9.69 at Worlds which he pretty much did.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:49:26 PM »
I've always gotten that impression from him he works his nuts off ..he's not a fronter he's one of those who works and works and works to get what he wants.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 06:04:28 AM »
yeah...but whenever Gay runs 9.5 he will be seeing the back of Bolt who will be coasting at 9.44
 ;D
dream on dream away...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 07:27:13 AM »
like kasey kasem use to say....keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 11:22:55 AM »
like kasey kasem use to say....keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.

Yuh just date yuh self dey friend.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>