April 28, 2024, 01:47:02 PM

Author Topic: Its time to stop indulging Kenwyne Jones  (Read 8011 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Its time to stop indulging Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »
right now yuh know whaz de difference between Kenwyne and Stern??

Is not only that he not scoring.. HE NOT EVEN THROWING AWAY!!

yuh know what, if i saw he was going out and leaving it out on the field ah would still give him a bly, but i eh seeing that.

like i said a square peg in a round hole. At this stage, whether or not is his fault is irrelevant in my opinion..

The way i see it, is either we change our tactics to suit him or we change him.

Step up or step out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 11:24:20 PM »

yuh know what, if i saw he was going out and leaving it out on the field ah would still give him a bly, but i eh seeing that.

like i said a square peg in a round hole. At this stage, whether or not is his fault is irrelevant in my opinion..

Step up or step out.

but since he and Glen was picked, shouldn't the tactics have been made to suit them in the 1st place ? what i haven't seen is te tactics for them, but I coulda miss it, with the one or 2 real buildup we had...buh yeah if the tactic, which we couldn't see not working,because of him, sure yuh have to change him, and the tactic...but if he making the run he supposed to make, and the play break down before it even get to him, making the correct run...then is either change that intermittent part, the tactic and or him....buh we don't really know the tactic, to determine where it falling apart do we...we only seeing the reaction to the breakdown, which resulting in no goal or shot...so we calling for change, but is it for the sake of change or to increase our chances of success...hmmmmmnn..easier to drop him yes...NEXT   :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:26:14 PM by maxg »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 06:15:23 AM »
cant compare KJ and Stern...

look at d type of goals Stern score nah......d man is ah Legend.....

if it wasnt fuh Stern..we wasnt getting pass Bermuda either......
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 07:07:39 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »

we as a nation need to start from scratch and develop a new breed of players, mentality to begin with, tactically then physically.

the attitude of the nation reflects in th soccer team, this is a shame, sorry for who offended by this statement but it is the truth, one day trinidad u all will overcome.

Interesting point!

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »
I say bring Kenwyn as de first stopper and put Thomas or Bakr with him.  Yuh goh see de real Kenwyn Jones!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 07:39:09 AM »
i eh know nah,de ting with KJ he always running,on de move,although he first touch piss poor and de quality ah service he gets is mediocre,he always draws 2 or 3 defenders opening up ah next man,who in turn will do shit.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 07:44:10 AM »
Food for thought.

Maybe the team is not built to maximize the abilities of Kenwyne. For example Kenwyn sole purpose in a game should be to get into the penalty box, where crosses will be rained in and his task is to get infront of the defender and put it away. If he cannot do that then batter away the defenders, soften them and the midfield recovers the weak clearances.
Not pretty but in my mind the best use of Kenwyn Jones, look how T&T looked when Tinto came on, crosses came in and chanes were created.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:06 AM »
Based on the pool ah strikers we have available to us in the squad.....i want to see Kerry Batiste play up with COrnell Glen. De man (Batiste) must have some kinda ting in him to have he scoring beavertrick so regular even if it is in the PFL....cause he scoring them goals with mediocre service and ting. Just because a man come from Europe dah doh mean he hadda start....time to stop dah chupidness. Give man who showing scoring apetite a chance no matter wqah league dem playin in..

wah is the worst that can happen if we start Kerry...he eh score? he zero cyah be less dan jones or scotty zeros so give de man ah start yes
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 08:37:47 AM »
he always draws 2 or 3 defenders opening up ah next man,who in turn will do shit.
This.

Nobody else we have is going to do this. Except maybe Scotty. Maybe

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 08:39:24 AM »
he always draws 2 or 3 defenders opening up ah next man,who in turn will do shit.
This.

Nobody else we have is going to do this. Except maybe Scotty. Maybe

Dat not impt friend he eh scoring.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 08:40:20 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

Oh lord boy Omar....first Palos now you.....ah owe you a few ah these too.... :beermug: :beermug:   :beermug: on second thought make that one....beers/alco gone up.... :devil: ;D

Under all seriousness, I was one of KJ's fans in the last campaign....this time around, I feel he's only being included in the squad because of his name....for all who in he corner, when was the last time KJ scored for T&T?  I had to rake mih brain yesterday to answer the question and I think it was in Latas' farewell game against Peru in 06. 

Yes he was injured last year in the fete match and was out for a while.  It may have affected his ability to commit to the cause for country, I don't know.  But if that is the case then KJ darling, do we a favour....recuse yuh self and give some body else a chance who willing to show some fight and urgency....is not like we have a drought for strikers.....dat problem is on the next end of the field....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 08:44:36 AM »
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Oh lord boy Omar....first Palos now you.....ah owe you a few ah these too.... :beermug: :beermug:   :beermug: on second thought make that one....beers/alco gone up.... :devil: ;D

Under all seriousness, I was one of KJ's fans in the last campaign....this time around, I feel he's only being included in the squad because of his name....for all who in he corner, when was the last time KJ scored for T&T?  I had to rake mih brain yesterday to answer the question and I think it was in Latas' farewell game against Peru in 06. 

Yes he was injured last year in the fete match and was out for a while.  It may have affected his ability to commit to the cause for country, I don't know.  But if that is the case then KJ darling, do we a favour....recuse yuh self and give some body else a chance who willing to show some fight and urgency....is not like we have a drought for strikers.....dat problem is on the next end of the field....

nope, cuba, semifinal round , breakway wit ah yorke through pass
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:46:07 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »
You know i don't have anything again KJ...ah really don't...but it take this post for me to post something about KJ...i never consider him a true forward....but a defender...me and my friend was discussing that on saturday before the game ...with him...he feel KJ is not soring for Trini but only for his club...with me..ah forward can't just soced with his head only...but have the whole package height and speed  and ball skills to be able to bye pass defender puting urself in good position to sore

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 10:00:39 AM »
i eh know nah,de ting with KJ he always running,on de move,although he first touch piss poor and de quality ah service he gets is mediocre,he always draws 2 or 3 defenders opening up ah next man,who in turn will do shit.

That sounding to me more like what Cornell doing as opposed to what Kenwyne doing.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »
i concur, you hear that jack, i am using big words now. anyway, no more jones, enough with the joneses, no more theobald, no more keon "i can't play nowhere else on the field but the middle" daniel, no more marvin andrews, and leon you better watch your ass, ince i have had enough of you screaming at your defense for your indecisions on situations in your penalty area. enough, enough, enough.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 10:25:24 AM »
hear nah dinho, i agree 100%.
i fed up hear how KJ not scorin because he doh get d service from d middle, but in dese past games in d hex, KJ got many chances where he cuda BURY d ball in d net, but jus end up shittin down heself instead. i am really tired of his non performance an he deserves to sit out dese last three games. let him go back to sunderland where it obvious he prefers to be rite now.

Bloody right,no more to be said. >:(

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »
Now because of Kj "descent" performance in England and well the obvious fact that he is not scoring for us  we all are sour. But you all cannot knock the young mans comittment. The EPl is very good at creating larger than life images of players or to put it bluntly, making players appear much better than they actually are.

Kj was never this potent striker that we all suddenly expected him to  be, he is a descent striker with the potential to be better. with all that said,  I find the attacks on him are unwarranted, now 4 me i would of given kerry baptiste a start yes but how many balls  have we actually crossed to jones during the whole campaign? 2?  If thats his strength we surely not playing to it and what about the countless chances that HE created  for other players against costa rica in tobago. chances that were not taken.

we are not playing to his  strengthens OK. he should get bench OK but dont make it look like the man putting in ah half shift for country and a full one for sunderland.  i have seen countless times where he was in  a perfect position to recive a pass was begging 4 d ball and the other player opted to do some sorta folly.

IF our players learn how to pass d football jones will b scoring  4 d red ,white and black
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:09:06 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 12:16:11 PM »

Step up or step out.

:rotfl:

KJ shouldve been dropped or moved into right back given his poor form and our deep pool of strikers.
Hart for president

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
I had to rake mih brain yesterday to answer the question and I think it was in Latas' farewell game against Peru in 06. 

nope, cuba, semifinal round , breakway wit ah yorke through pass

I stand corrected....thanks..
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »
landon donovan will show kj how to score tomorrow  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »
If that header that crashed off the bar had scored, I wonder if this thread would have been started?

Suffice to say I heartily DISAGREE with the lead post.

KJ is performing a thankless role on this team.  Is NOT like he trowin away goals.  He hardly even gettin chances to score.  What allyuh expect him to do exactly?  Tackle one a he own players fuh de ball, take it, run at de defence, beat 5 man and score?  THEN he'll be good enough fuh allyuh?

We have one striker who runs at people and puts them under pressure.  His name is Cornell Glen.  When he's fit, there's not another T&T striker that can perform THAT ROLE better than he can.

We have another striker who's primary role is to hol the ball up.  Try to involve others in the play.  Deal with most of the physicality from the opposition defence.  Interact with the other striker by way of flick on's etc, is dangerous in the air and generally make a physical nuisance of himself to the opposition defence.  His name is Kenwyne Jones.  When he's fit, there's not another T&T striker that can perorm THAT ROLE better than he can.

So what we really want?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »
If that header that crashed off the bar had scored, I wonder if this thread would have been started?

KJ is performing a thankless role on this team.  Is NOT like he trowin away goals.  He hardly even gettin chances to score.  What allyuh expect him to do exactly?  Tackle one a he own players fuh de ball, take it, run at de defence, beat 5 man and score?  THEN he'll be good enough fuh allyuh?

We have one striker who runs at people and puts them under pressure.  His name is Cornell Glen.  When he's fit, there's not another T&T striker that can perform THAT ROLE better than he can.

We have another striker who's primary role is to hol the ball up.  Try to involve others in the play.  Deal with most of the physicality from the opposition defence.  Interact with the other striker by way of flick on's etc, is dangerous in the air and generally make a physical nuisance of himself to the opposition defence.  His name is Kenwyne Jones.  When he's fit, there's not another T&T striker that can perorm THAT ROLE better than he can.

So what we really want?

but palos, since when yuh have to get the ball to score...all our knowledgable fans saying, is he should play defense, block the other team from scoring, force the ball to our midfield, and direct them to make any kinda pass to our forwards, not he of course, who will do the rest and score for we....Doesn't big players like Eto, and CR do that ?... ::) but your tactics making more sense  :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:39:20 PM by maxg »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

So what we really want?

We want our strikers to score rather hit the bar, i.e. take their chances!

We want a midfield that could pass the ball to each other and to our strikers without losing it and that can control the pace of the game!

We want defenders who could mark opposition strikers and doh allow them space to shot at will at our goal!

We want to win at least one home game handsomely in this Hex to give our fans something to be proud and cheer about!

We want our supporters to come out in mass and support our team when they are down and need our support the most!

We want our players to give blood sweat and tears for country when they wearing the red, white and black!

We want Jack Warner to keep the prices for home games reasonable to encourage supporters to come out in their numbers so we can have a full stadium that is intimidating to play in for visiting teams.

We want Camps to get voted out come next TTFF elections and for Shaka to throw his hat into the ring from now so we can get the campaign to vote him in as new TTFF president going form now!

Ah miss out anything?  8)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:23:58 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 06:36:38 PM »

Step up or step out.

I would have to agree. If was Stern the net woulda buss nuff times. Stern in the top ten for goals scored for he country for ah reason. No matter the service he get he was scoring or missing.

Tinto score in the hex and ent get to play as much as KJ. Kerry Baptiste was on the field less than 10 mins and he score. He not putting heself in positions to score no matter the service.

At this rate even if KJ went Villa Capri and get perfect service he ent bussin nuttin

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »
I would have to agree. If was Stern the net woulda buss nuff times. Stern in the top ten for goals scored for he country for ah reason. No matter the service he get he was scoring or missing.

Tinto score in the hex and ent get to play as much as KJ. Kerry Baptiste was on the field less than 10 mins and he score. He not putting heself in positions to score no matter the service.

At this rate even if KJ went Villa Capri and get perfect service he ent bussin nuttin

How many chances did KJ THROW AWAY in the last 3 matches?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2009, 06:51:35 PM »

The real question is how many chances KJ get to start and play and ent score. And how many chances the other forwards get. The other side of service is putting yuhself in a position to get the service so if the midfield not that good at providing good service at least if you put yuhself in a good position it make it that much easier for the midfield to make ah more educated pass. Stern was at least good at reading the game and doing that even if he ended up throwing it away at times.

KJ just don't have that instinct.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2009, 09:15:07 PM »

The real question is how many chances KJ get to start and play and ent score. And how many chances the other forwards get. The other side of service is putting yuhself in a position to get the service so if the midfield not that good at providing good service at least if you put yuhself in a good position it make it that much easier for the midfield to make ah more educated pass. Stern was at least good at reading the game and doing that even if he ended up throwing it away at times.

KJ just don't have that instinct.
Yuh right! part of why KJ is not scoring iz BC he don't know how to put himself about.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »
it take yuh so long tuh see dat, allyuh is jokers oui, man does only pretend to know about football on this board and talk big, let roberts and glen play up top, with jaggy on the left and tinto in the centre with noel and edwards on the right oui...

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 01:42:19 AM »
my problem is nuh jes wit kenwyne jones eh . .

buh oh gorm . . . . is bout 5 years now de man is a "promising" player. . .but he never even improve on his game in that time . .

study he is we highest profile player. . .

supposed to be a big premiership striker . . .

last season de man play 32 games total and score 12 times. . . . not a very good recore. .

de man also have some real bad ball control .. .

and he is de tallest man in de field and and cyah win a header. . .

anyway . . . .de whole national team need some fundamentals too . .some ah dem ball control abismal . .and their movement off the ball is de worst. .

i love latas and all . . buh i wish that we get somebody to coach us ruthlessly. . .like capello. .. .he ent care bout how big of a name you are . . yuh nuh gehin pick unless yuh show dat yuh should. . and unless you play at the highest level. . . dis friendsy ting needs to stop
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

1]; } ?>