April 29, 2024, 06:24:34 AM

Author Topic: Form a coup against TTFF  (Read 19417 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Form a coup against TTFF
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2009, 10:06:11 AM »
LIKE THE BLACK JERSEY BRIGADE ON JUNE 1ST 2008?          JOKERS!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 05:12:11 PM »
This thing simple you know,the people that have Football the way it is are those that support it,once you going to every game the team plays,where ever the team plays we travelling,we watch every game on TV,break down gates to get tickets etc etc all what we against will continue,anything that getting the kind of support T&T Football gets gives the impression everything is alright.I left T&T after the Road to Italy WC qualifiers and it was at that time i said enough is enough,i have seen T&T play in person twice since that,i still support and try to keep updated on what's going on but i'm not going to get involved with anything Footballwise at the Federation level,i think i've given the best years of my life to our Football,where i think we failing is who to pass the Baton on too,nobody could give an alternative to what's taking place.     

If boycottin would do anyting I would boycott. I boycottin cricket nuff yrs and nutten eh change in fact it gettin worse. So d solution is 2 help d footballers and develop d footballers we have no power over d association but if players skill level attitude improve d football go improve.

We go b puttin more money in JW pocket but I will have d joy of watchin good football and supportin meh country.

Yuh know! life expectancy have extended due to modern medical research if those in charge of the TTFF live for another hundred and fifty years than i guess you guys gonna have tuh eat the shi* and die.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »
it would be just about impossible to fully boycott football as too many fellas want to make a living at it and then their families and friends and suporters want to support them, IN SPITE of AJW, so Weary is right
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:26:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2009, 05:25:42 PM »
This thing simple you know,the people that have Football the way it is are those that support it,once you going to every game the team plays,where ever the team plays we travelling,we watch every game on TV,break down gates to get tickets etc etc all what we against will continue,anything that getting the kind of support T&T Football gets gives the impression everything is alright.I left T&T after the Road to Italy WC qualifiers and it was at that time i said enough is enough,i have seen T&T play in person twice since that,i still support and try to keep updated on what's going on but i'm not going to get involved with anything Footballwise at the Federation level,i think i've given the best years of my life to our Football,where i think we failing is who to pass the Baton on too,nobody could give an alternative to what's taking place.     

If boycottin would do anyting I would boycott. I boycottin cricket nuff yrs and nutten eh change in fact it gettin worse. So d solution is 2 help d footballers and develop d footballers we have no power over d association but if players skill level attitude improve d football go improve.

We go b puttin more money in JW pocket but I will have d joy of watchin good football and supportin meh country.

Yuh know! life expectancy have extended due to modern medical research if those in charge of the TTFF live for another hundred and fifty years than i guess you guys gonna have tuh eat the shi* and die.

U yhapin and still eh come up with a plan.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2009, 05:28:06 PM »
it would be just about impossible to fully boycott football as too many fellas want to make a living at it and then their families and friends want to support them, IN SPITE of AJW, so Weary is right

I boycottin WI cricket and dat has gone so well.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2009, 06:31:33 PM »
it would be just about impossible to fully boycott football as too many fellas want to make a living at it and then their families and friends and suporters want to support them, IN SPITE of AJW, so Weary is right

That is why the shi* will continue forever no pain no gain.T&T football fans is now officially called the land of the yellow bellies . What percentage of the football population supports football in t&t where a player can make enough money to afford a decent life style on the island to maintain his or her family?  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 06:36:54 PM by davyjenny1 »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2009, 06:42:40 PM »

That is why the shi* will continue forever no pain no gain.T&T football fans is now officially called the land of the yellow bellies . What percentage of the football population supports football in t&t where a player can make enough money to afford a decent life style on the island to maintain his or her family?  

We yellowbellies lookin 4 a leader b our Moses lead us 2 d promise land. Show us d PLANNNNNNNN

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2009, 06:05:39 AM »

We yellowbellies lookin 4 a leader b our Moses lead us 2 d promise land. Show us d PLANNNNNNNN

Weary this fella either harden or hard of hearing or both....he remind mih the words from a 3 Canal song...

"only chatter, chatter, chatter....ceaseless chatter".......steups...ah giving him one more week....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2009, 06:36:16 AM »
Where can you find the most stakeholders of Trinidad and Tobago football.........on www.socawarriors.net ............what ever happened to the official fan club that I payed my dues to.........the Warrior Nation............this is where the organization is suppose to be coming from......not random boardies...........I eh know none ah allyuh but sumtimes people like tuh play both sides and doh want tuh ruffle no feathers.........same dynamics as d blacklist.........certain players like Sancho was willing to stand up against evil.........others cut dey little side deal or didnt stand strong.........dignity and self respect is a hell of a ting.........

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2009, 09:44:27 AM »
Where can you find the most stakeholders of Trinidad and Tobago football.........on www.socawarriors.net ............what ever happened to the official fan club that I payed my dues to.........the Warrior Nation............this is where the organization is suppose to be coming from......not random boardies...........I eh know none ah allyuh but sumtimes people like tuh play both sides and doh want tuh ruffle no feathers.........same dynamics as d blacklist.........certain players like Sancho was willing to stand up against evil.........others cut dey little side deal or didnt stand strong.........dignity and self respect is a hell of a ting.........

So if it eh come from d WN it cyah happen? When Rosa did not give up her seat she was a member of d NAACP but I doubt dem was on she mind. So strt d movement and others will follow. If man get rob and dey eh support Sancho u expect everybody here to b involve.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
T&TFF mayhem stirs old warrior
Author: Lasana Liburd
Date Published: 2003-02-20
Source: Trinidad Express
George Hislop UNPLUGGED

The guard dies, as the Latin proverb goes, he does not surrender. And, as publicly evidenced over the past month, there is life in old George Hislop yet.

So when Hislop sauntered into the Cascadia Hotel Conference Room, St Ann’s for a press conference called to clarify a strike by 19 Trinidad and Tobago players, tongues were immediately wagging at his mere presence.

Trinidad and Tobago national football team technical director Hannibal Najjar’s response was calculated as he pretended to absolve his players from blame and instead pointed fingers at an unnamed and meddlesome “adviser”.

By all appearances, the 67-year-old Hislop was not unnerved.

“Imagine Najjar is wasting people’s time talking about who advising (his players),” said Hislop indignantly. “You have to advise somebody that they’re hungry? Najjar must know they’re hungry. The players must know they’re hungry.

“What (are) they trying?”

Hislop, as Najjar should know, will not be chased away easily.

If you take the former magistrate’s opinion, though, it is just one of many important facts that Najjar has shown an inability to grasp.

Hislop was bred to fight–and win.

A week ago, the veteran attorney and sporting enthusiast agreed to publicly explain why his name was back on the lips of the local football hierarchy.

The interview was conducted in his new law office at the Diamond Vale Consumer Co-operative Society Ltd where Hislop has somewhat grudgingly accepted a call to return to duty seven years after he left the bench.

“I still regard myself as being retired,” he said. “But, when you are in law, you are always able to do something and people sometimes come to you.”

One such aggrieved party who sought out his professional advice was Najjar’s squad who walked out on a training session two days before an international friendly against Finland last month.

The players complained that training sessions were often conducted with nothing but water for national athletes.

There were no energy drinks, lunches, ice bags, tapes for wrapping ankles or proper medicine kits.

They had also represented the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) at several competitive matches without receiving appearance fees.

It was a matter that touched Hislop closely.

A man with a penchant for such landmark cases, he could not say no.

The present football public may know Hislop as the father of Portsmouth goalie and ex-national football captain Shaka Hislop–the only Trinidad and Tobago custodian to compete in the English Premier League while at Newcastle and West Ham.

Older heads would recall his battle with the newly formed Football Company of Trinidad and Tobago (FCoTT) in 1995 which potentially cost Fifa vice-president Jack Warner’s company millions.

His first suit came long before, though, and was even more far reaching.

An impressive all-round athlete as a youth, Hislop’s credits included the 1958 West Indian Championship long jump gold medal as well as a place among the country’s top five cricketers in 1959 alongside Jeffrey Stollmeyer, Gerry Gomez, Nyron Azgarali and Selwyn Charles.

In 1959, Hislop, who also represented Queen’s Royal College (QRC) as an outfield player and goalie, also broke the national long jump record with a leap of over 24 feet–a record that stood for 12 years.

But it was as a fairly inconspicuous physical education school teacher in London that he had his first major brush with the estalishment on January 31, 1963.

At the time, England were displaying zero tolerance for immigrants after an influx of West Indians which started at the end of the second World War.

Hislop was liming with former co-employee and law student Desmond Allum–now a senior counsel–on the streets of North West London when the pair were arrested and accused of trying to steal a motorcar.

High Commissioner to Britain, Learie Constantine, was instructed by the late Prime Minister Dr Eric Williams to pursue the case on their behalf.

“Eric Williams told Learie to do everything he could to prove that the English government was racist,” said Hislop. “He wanted to expose them for what they were doing to our students.”

Not only did Hislop and Allum win their case, they counter-sued and received a record settlement of £8,000 for false imprisonment and malicious prosecution.

Allum promptly headed back to Trinidad to start his practise while Hislop–not surprisingly, suddenly interested in law–returned briefly to his homeland where he fell in love and married a court stenographer named Gina.

He studied law in London while working as a teacher before finally returning home with his wife and two sons, Shaka and Kona, in 1971.

The couple later had a third son, Kali.

Hislop was every bit the doting dad as he spoke about his three sons and grandchildren.

Ironically, Shaka has three daughters.

“He might decide to go beyond me,” he said, with a laugh. “He might be braver than me.”

Hislop had a natural disposition for athletics but his sons quickly began to show promise in football and it was then that he came face to face with T&TFF special advisor and former general secretary, Warner.

A regular face around the national youth team sessions, Hislop was approached by Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president Peter O’ Connor and Warner but he resisted.

“I felt very uncomfortable about them declaring several people persona non grata,” he said. “Alvin Corneal (his former cricketing teammate), Ken Butcher and others...I stayed away from the TTFA because of that.”

By 1986, Hislop was also considered to be an enemy of the establishment when the TTFA were subject to a commission of enquiry headed by Justice Ralph Narine.

At the time, football was split down the middle as Arthur Suite’s Professional Soccer League provided an option to players, supporters and sponsors without the stamp of approval by the TTFA.

The TTFA responded by declaring administrators, coaches and players alike to be undesirables and Narine was mandated by sport minister Jennifer Johnson to restore sanity.

Hislop said the enquiry found that the TTFA’s rules had been amended to create a “constitutional dictatorship”.

The findings were publicly rejected by Warner who became a political ally to the ruling National Alliance for Reconstruction (NAR) party and soon government money was again being pumped into the local organising body for the 1990 World Cup campaign.

The “Road to Italy” was a success in many ways as stadia were filled and the “Strike Squad” captured the imagination of the western hemisphere.

Warner had also caught the eye of many in the Concacaf region and was on his way to higher office.

But the TTFA remained in debt.

By then, Shaka was earning rave reviews at United States college Howard University and was seen as the natural successor to incumbent custodian Michael “Brow” Maurice.

Hislop paid his own money to bring Shaka home to represent his country at the 1990 Caribbean Cup which was aborted because of the attempted coup.

Not before Hislop was invited to speak to the team by his son, though.

“The Strike Squad had brought big crowds out to watch football,” he said, “and the T&TFA had decided to hold on to the team, which were just locally based players, to play games for commercial value.

“They were playing against anyone they could (like) Crystal Palace, the East German under-23 team; all in front sell out crowds. Then the fellahs, who weren’t being paid, started to ask what about us.”

Hislop and Trinidad and Tobago Unified Teachers Association (TTUTA) executive member Ricaldo Gomes formed the Association of Football Supporters of Trinidad and Tobago (AFSOTT) and fought on their behalf.

The group staged what Hislop termed a successful boycott of one triangular tournament which featured Russia and the United States.

AFSOTT also raised approximately $12,000 for the players to start a union which he eventually placed on a fixed deposit at the Clico Investment Bank.

He has already offered this money–now a tidy sum of just over $30,000–to the present batch of disgruntled players if they succeed in creating a players’ association.

In the early 90s, though, the national players apparently lost their nerve.

“I told Clayton (Morris) that I would give them the money in front of the press,” said Hislop. “But they ran scared.”

Warner and Hislop locked horns again in 1994 when the former administrator announced the formation of the Football Company of Trinidad and Tobago (FCoTT).

FCoTT applied for a license from president Noor Hassanali in pursuance of section 20 of the Companies Ordinance which meant that all financial donations to the company would have been considered tax writeoffs.

As required by law, the FCoTT application was published in the daily newspapers on October 24, 1994 by assistant registrar general Francis Michael Sandy.

On November 7, Hislop responded in his capacity as AFSOTT president and stated, in a five-page report, why the local body–who had since been reborn as the T&TFF–did not deserve such a privilege.

“The T&TFA had owed millions when they were closed down,” said Hislop. “All their assets were moved to the T&TFF as a means of avoiding their creditors. This is regarded as fraud and, on this ground, I objected.

“Since the TTFA was incorporated by an act of Parliament in 1982, it would have meant that Parliament and the president were being party to fraud on creditors.”

Initially, attorney general Keith Sobion resisted terming their objections as “speculative and not based on sound evidence”–Hislop showed documented evidence of the exchanges to the Express.

By the following March, though, Hislop had proved his case and FCoTT were denied the license.

“Jack and them never forgave me for that one,” he said. “That was the point of no return.”

It was not the last that the T&TFF would see of Hislop, though. (See Pages 8 & 9)

PART TWO next week:

Hislop questions Najjar’s role in stand-off between players and administration and the way forward for both parties while also discussing his son’s controversial international career
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2009, 10:49:59 AM »
Date Published: 1990-07-18
Source: Jamaica Gleaner
Page: 15
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, July 17, CANA

DAYS before Trinidad and Tobago are scheduled to defend the Shell Caribbean Football Cup, the national team is threatening to strike unless retroactive benefits are paid up.

The national football team has served the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) with an ultimatum to agree to their proposals for retroactive benefits or have their services withdrawn for the Shell Cup finals, starting Sunday.

Members of the 18-man squad say they are displeased at the way they are being treated by soccer officials and have elected captain Clayton Morris as their bargaining agent.

The squad broke camp on Sunday and submitted a written letter to the TTFA's secretary Terrence O'Neil Lewis, through skipper Morris.

When contacted by CANA on Tuesday, TTFA Secretary O'Neil Lewis said: "We consider the problems an in-house matter and we intend to deal with it accordingly. The players sent us some proposals and we replied to them as we saw it fit. If they are not happy, we will meet with them and try to solve the problems. The players are part of the Association and we consider it our duty to meet and talk to them."

In stories carried in both dailies, the Trinidad Guardian and the Express, Morris and his players are calling on the TTFA to pay players a gradient appearance fee for international and club games.

Their proposed asking rate is TT700 dollars for internationals and club games for players with 16 to 49 appearances; 600 dollars for those with one to 15 appearances and 500 dollars for games against club sides.

A higher rate of 900 dollars for international matches and 700 dollars for club matches is being asked for players with 50 or more appearances.

Current manager Sedley Joseph had reportedly submitted an earlier letter on behalf of the players since May 16 of this year, to which the TTFA responded on July 10.

The letter had also requested certain measures to be implemented by the TTFA for the benefit of all national players when in training or on national duties.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2009, 10:55:38 AM »
Your pt is dat they rant 4 a while and nutten happen?

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2009, 11:02:42 AM »

So if it eh come from d WN it cyah happen? When Rosa did not give up her seat she was a member of d NAACP but I doubt dem was on she mind. So strt d movement and others will follow. If man get rob and dey eh support Sancho u expect everybody here to b involve.

power in numbers...........we r the major stakeholders financially besides sponsors..........its unfortunate that bacchanal and corruption is a cultural trait in Trinbago

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2009, 11:07:07 AM »

YUP  :applause: :applause:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2009, 11:09:49 AM »

So when betta cyah b done let d worse continue. Then u might as well change yuh name 2 trini 2022

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2009, 11:33:07 AM »

So when betta cyah b done let d worse continue. Then u might as well change yuh name 2 trini 2022
well that has been the norm for how long since the 80's
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:35:26 AM by Trini _2014 »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2009, 12:02:46 PM »
land of the yellow bellies
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:05:04 PM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »

a wise man once said "bacchanal cannot be the foundation of an orderly society"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2009, 01:42:59 PM »

FYI 1 man u quote him in yuh article was able 2 put an end 2 ticket or leave it. So doh make it feel dat nutten cyah b done.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2009, 02:17:53 PM »

FYI 1 man u quote him in yuh article was able 2 put an end 2 ticket or leave it. So doh make it feel dat nutten cyah b done.

yeah you like most ah dem is talk let me see action

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2009, 02:27:58 PM »

yeah you like most ah dem is talk let me see action

We probably twins because me eh hear u come up wit nutten just point out what peeps say they go do and eh do. Forgive me u betta u eh plan 2 do nutten but change yuh name every 4 yrs.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2009, 02:28:42 PM »

A wise man indeed  ???
You consider yourself a wise person with that statement if so then go here:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bacchanal
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 02:39:19 PM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2009, 03:07:23 PM »
lets admit it. we overrated our talent this campaign.  TTFF better bring some better talent next time

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2009, 03:18:49 PM »
lets admit it. we overrated our talent this campaign.  TTFF better bring some better talent next time

Where dey goin and find it and doh say d under 20's

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »

A wise man indeed  ???
You consider yourself a wise person with that statement if so then go here:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bacchanal

not wise but I did....... Thanks

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2009, 05:44:19 PM »

......and of nuff people who capable of all talk and no action....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2009, 12:28:51 AM »
acb: it eh going no where it right here pardner!

When is TTFF elections?

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »
acb: it eh going no where it right here pardner!

When is TTFF elections?

One of the best kept secrets, next to the holy grail...

You will only read about it in the newspapers clipping saying "TTFF held its general elections last Saturday.  All positions were reinstated unopposed."
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2009, 11:11:38 AM »
I don't know how else to say this but I am going to say it at the risk of offending some of you, I apologize if I do.

Somebody once said that if you forget the past you are doomed to repeat it.

A man once tried to pull of a coup and failed because he did not have the forces and the masses behind him. I see some of you repeated the same thing and failed miserably. Some of you in your quotes are saying "I this and I that" well I want to tell you that "I" alone cannot accomplish this change that is absolutely necessary, it will take you, me and masses to bring about this change. The TTFF is not suppose to be a "cash cow" for the elected few, it is not suppose to be a "bully pulpit to be used at one man's foolish whims", it is suppose to enrich every young man and woman who has the dream of someday representing the colors, it is suppose to have developed the beautiful game in every area of the country to a world class level and maintain that level, they, the TTFF, have not done that yet. We were once a World Cup playing nation, that was world class, so no one could tell me that we cannot have a world class Federation.

In the words of a famous man "You are fired".

Viva la revoluccion..................
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>