April 27, 2024, 01:13:22 PM

Author Topic: DID JACK SELL OUT THE CAMPAIGN?  (Read 4115 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DID JACK SELL OUT THE CAMPAIGN?
« on: September 06, 2009, 03:18:46 PM »
I was chilling @ the PC last night thinking of the utter crapp that took place the last three yrs and was wondering how come things went so terribly wrong after there were positive signs of progress.

how does such a success story experience such ah drastic turn around, from competing with the worlds elite to losing out to regional minnovs (grenada/ antigua barbuda) ? how does someone like russell latapy, who's seen it all, played on the highest level make such horrible decisions, from team selections to poor subs and on field tactics?

how could something that had so much potential go so waywardly astray ?

the only sensible conclusion that i see fit to label this failed campaign will be a total conspiracy by jack and latapy, too sell out either to mexico or honduras for financial gain, i can't see no other conclusion! i doubt latapy so clueless! and i doubt jack so forkin stupid! i'm serious! my feeling is dem boy sell the team out for paper.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 04:06:07 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DID JACK SELL OUT THE CAMPAIGN?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
it ain't sell out it is SABOTAGE !!! He has a new crop coming up for 2014,so he could make some more millions,without promising these players much.He learnt from the '06 team and this present side still have some players from dat team.
Jack and sell out was in de '80's.Ask USA why we play dem our home game on their soil for '86 WC ;)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 04:16:33 PM »
no football player, especially ah TnT football player, go come to me and tell me I owe dem money :devil:
I go BLACKLIST day arse one time
I am King of FIFA......and by that, I am KING of TnT football.................Mu ha ha ha mu ha ha ha
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 06:20:03 PM »
no way JC

Just poor prep..poor decisions and poor play has us in the position we are in

Wim sacking was a major turning point.. and he only had the locals for his year... he had the senior wc 06 players about 3 times while in charge

so we wasted Aug 06- Feb 08 with the blacklist... Wim developed the local players well and most secured foreign contracts... then a falling out with LP got him sacked

Then Maturana comes in... Feb 08- April 09-  poor team selection...crazy tactics.. poor results..puppet to the fed...improved some local players as his positive and i'll give him some credit to getting us to the hex.. the guat away and usa home his high points imo

Apr 09- present.. Latapy given job... 1st coaching job ever for the magician and we looked good against CR but his inexperience as a manger cost us that game andthe Mex game we gave a good effort but mex away is always a loss.. ES home looked good but could have been better... and last night I dont think 4-1 was a fair result.. maybe 2-1 would have been better.. ince poor game and we had no luck for 86 minutes

Latapy do his shit though..i'm not defending him on the shit he did..ie team selection poor prep la la la

But he should have been the manager from the time we got knocked out the digi cup....

As a matter of fact any new Manager should have been introduced.. a Top class European English speaking disciplinarian in the style of Don Leo to have a good go in the hex

Now we are basically out and this disappointing Campaign can finally be over... but wholesale changes coming to that Admin... they have to change.. no shit there.. either they resign and we bring in some fresh educated die hard admin who want to improve the game in our country and bring that new feeling that we could have a massive chance for the next campaign and bring in a top coach on  four contract and make a programme with friendlies and gold cup and have a real go

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 06:26:57 PM »
yuh hit the nail on the head, good talk breds, some people who blind will refuse to see it from that perspective bc they dont have the sense to see it from a financial point of view...

its not about the sport no more, its about the money involved, the tv rights, the cosumerism, the big nations and their power, its politics, these elements people ignore on the board bc they afraid to face the facts that tt too small to be dominating big nations like the US and mexico, we are a threat with our talent but it doesnt add up bc we dont control tv rights and dont have the financial marketplace to dictate, so we have to take it and cool it, we too small, so we need to know our role...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 06:37:59 PM by Controversial »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 06:45:51 PM »
FACE IT GUYS IF WE HAD WON OUR FIRST GAME IN EL SAL WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION RIGHT NOW

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »
FACE IT GUYS IF WE HAD WON OUR FIRST GAME IN EL SAL WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION RIGHT NOW

breddah it goes way beyond winning an away game ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 07:03:41 PM »

breddah it goes way beyond winning an away game ;)

COSIGN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 09:06:42 AM »
Simple answer YES!

From the end of the 2006 WC we had the opportunity to build upon a beautiful beginning.
Create a new squad with fresh blood over 4 years.
Prepare that squad with International games.
Prepare a local based squad with International games.
Enter the qualification with 30 players who understand each other and what the team is about.

But nah!
Money disappeared.
players were not paid,
players were black listed,
destabilize the staff, twice
limited and inconsistent preparation

Need I say more

What now?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 09:16:25 AM »

Can you be sure of that?
Don't forget Maturana might still have been head coach if we won that game despite us losing to USA in the USA in the manner in which we did!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 09:22:49 AM »
Simple answer YES!

From the end of the 2006 WC we had the opportunity to build upon a beautiful beginning.
Enter the qualification with 30 players who understand each other and what the team is about.

But nah!
Money disappeared.
players were not paid,

Need I say more

What now?

boss post... :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 10:02:04 AM »
Simple answer YES!

But nah!
Money disappeared.
players were not paid,

Need I say more

What now?

Nutten till 2012
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 10:11:33 AM »
Jack did not sell out the campaign,  he f.. it up!!!

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »
I agree for the most part of what Small Mag saying.

Jack might have f..ked up the campaign, but I don't think it was intentional on his part.  I ent holding no brief for Jack eh.  I cyah see Latas taking money from no federation to railroad we campaign.  As a up and coming coach...first international job and that is what men insinuating...nah I cyah believe that shit.

The first testing time was when the players made it common knowledge about the money Jack promised.  I feel Jack didn't think it woulda reach as far as it did with the arbitration.  Although he never acknowledged the blacklist...i think it safe to assume we all knew it existed.  He probably thought that 4 yrs is plenty time to sort out things and get the house in order for the next campaign. 

As S Mag say the turning point was Wim's sudden departure, because it meant we needed a good coach asap...enter Maturana.  I think JACK was probably trying to save money for the UNC campaign instead of the WC campaign.  Added to that the list of acclaimed, available and affordable coaches was very short.  From day one...irregardless of the problems we were facing at the time in terms of player availability, the team never performed satisfactorily.  IMO Maturana overstayed his welcome and the loss to Bermuda should have been the point of exodus for him.  Failing that he shoulda be gone with our non-advancement to the Gold Cup.  It took two games into the Hex to move him...or as we heard...HE decided to move on.  IMO he just happened to be the coach at the time, which is why we got in the Hex.  I think getting into the Hex should have always been on the cards for us, considering the opposition.
One could even argue that the home win against the USA was due to their team selection rather than improved performance from our team.

Enter Russell Latapy, who would have always had his back against the wall, and guns trained on him from the get go.  Taking over a dwindling campaign he had no choice but to play an attacking brand in all the games so far just to try and ensure victory.  I think people might now try to understand why Beenie played the ultra defensive systems we played four years ago...why Latas didn't see much action in the WC06.  Why when we go all out attack we suffer some of our most embarrassing defeats to teams we should've been able to hold our own against.

Latas have to answer for himself as why the kind of the preparation (or lack thereof) he employed. 
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 11:39:31 AM »
Jack did not sell out the campaign,  he f.. it up!!!
yeah dais how he wired
he is manrat and doh take no shit from nobody
he does cut off his nose to spite he face for YEARS NOW
throw them players to the wolves just to show dem who is boss and screw up the TTFF chances of making the next wc
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »
I agree for the most part of what Small Mag saying.

Jack might have f..ked up the campaign, but I don't think it was intentional on his part.  I ent holding no brief for Jack eh.  I cyah see Latas taking money from no federation to railroad we campaign.  As a up and coming coach...first international job and that is what men insinuating...nah I cyah believe that shit.

The first testing time was when the players made it common knowledge about the money Jack promised.  I feel Jack didn't think it woulda reach as far as it did with the arbitration.  Although he never acknowledged the blacklist...i think it safe to assume we all knew it existed.  He probably thought that 4 yrs is plenty time to sort out things and get the house in order for the next campaign. 

As S Mag say the turning point was Wim's sudden departure, because it meant we needed a good coach asap...enter Maturana.  I think JACK was probably trying to save money for the UNC campaign instead of the WC campaign.  Added to that the list of acclaimed, available and affordable coaches was very short.  From day one...irregardless of the problems we were facing at the time in terms of player availability, the team never performed satisfactorily.  IMO Maturana overstayed his welcome and the loss to Bermuda should have been the point of exodus for him.  Failing that he shoulda be gone with our non-advancement to the Gold Cup.  It took two games into the Hex to move him...or as we heard...HE decided to move on.  IMO he just happened to be the coach at the time, which is why we got in the Hex.  I think getting into the Hex should have always been on the cards for us, considering the opposition.
One could even argue that the home win against the USA was due to their team selection rather than improved performance from our team.

Enter Russell Latapy, who would have always had his back against the wall, and guns trained on him from the get go.  Taking over a dwindling campaign he had no choice but to play an attacking brand in all the games so far just to try and ensure victory.  I think people might now try to understand why Beenie played the ultra defensive systems we played four years ago...why Latas didn't see much action in the WC06.  Why when we go all out attack we suffer some of our most embarrassing defeats to teams we should've been able to hold our own against.

Latas have to answer for himself as why the kind of the preparation (or lack thereof) he employed. 

HE EH TINK IT WOULDA REACH SO FAR? NEWSFLASH MASSA DAY DONE.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 07:35:40 PM »
Simple answer YES!

But nah!
Money disappeared.
players were not paid,

Need I say more

What now?

so true. we had the perfect opportunity tuh continue after the Germany high....buuuuuuut the glass house develope some cracks and come crashing dong. With last 3 games approa-CHI-CHING dey could make it interesting. Just take ah look at the standings...we las' and the top 4 seperated by 1 pt... we de bobolee so dem dem team could whisper in we y'EARS wit ah number....but then again if we is de CONCACAF bobolee nobody eh hah tuh whisper in we ears wit no number ...is jus as the great Boogsie Sharpe say..."sharing Licks sharing licks"....with de way thing is right now me eh even sure bout '14 we probably hah tuh wait lil longer cause the muddahs ah dem future footballers eh born yet.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You got what you clamoured for !!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 12:23:44 AM »

Before the start of this campaign I said only 2 or 3 players from 2006 should be on this present squad and got berated for it.

Yorke
 Andrews
Lawrence
Spann
Ince
Jones
Glenn
Scotland
Samuel
Birchal
Stern John
Even Latas

All played all failed.

This WC qualifiers should have been distinct for TT because it should have been played with an average team age of about 22 and regardless of the results we would have won because of the experience garnered,
Instead because of inane selections and stupid romantic calls from fans we played a youthfull game with geriatrics.
We watch and see the game played at walking pace by us when the opposition appear to be all made up of Bolts, Powells, Gays and Thompsons.

Brazil 2014 was and is still our best hope and lets have a big retirement party now for the old men.
I don't know how posters could still class a bad knee past his prime central defender as a must pick, same with the other tall one.
Calls for Brent Sancho as if another old man would have made a difference to an already geriatric sieve.
To the posters that still living in 2006 suck salt and move on.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: You got what you clamoured for !!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 01:06:24 AM »

Before the start of this campaign I said only 2 or 3 players from 2006 should be on this present squad and got berated for it.

Yorke
 Andrews
Lawrence
Spann
Ince
Jones
Glenn
Scotland
Samuel
Birchal
Stern John
Even Latas

All played all failed.

This WC qualifiers should have been distinct for TT because it should have been played with an average team age of about 22 and regardless of the results we would have won because of the experience garnered,
Instead because of inane selections and stupid romantic calls from fans we played a youthfull game with geriatrics.
We watch and see the game played at walking pace by us when the opposition appear to be all made up of Bolts, Powells, Gays and Thompsons.

Brazil 2014 was and is still our best hope and lets have a big retirement party now for the old men.
I don't know how posters could still class a bad knee past his prime central defender as a must pick, same with the other tall one.
Calls for Brent Sancho as if another old man would have made a difference to an already geriatric sieve.

Load of bullocks!!

The blacklist saw to it that your argument was more or less tested and proved to failed!

Jack was more than happy to blacklist our 2006 World Cup veterans for money issues and go with the inexperienced young local  players and guess what happened! Bermuda buss we tail and we chance of making the Hex this time round was placed in imminent danger! 

That was the signal for JW to do a U-turn on his blacklist policy besides for gang leaders Brent Sancho & Kelvin Jack but problem was we also fired Wim the coach that was in the perfect position to built upon our experience of our last World Cup and JW hired a Columbian who was past his sell by date and couldn't even communicate with his players in English!

JW basically sabotage our campaign this time round as them veterans cyah be rewarded for standing up to him as far as JW is concerned!

Like allyuh think Jack is as dumb as he looks or what?!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:21:58 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 01:16:35 AM »

Yorke
 Andrews
Lawrence
Spann
Ince
Jones
Glenn
Scotland
Samuel
Birchal
Stern John
Even Latas

All played all failed.

Load of bullocks!!

The blacklist saw to it that your argument was more or less tested and proved to failed!

Jack was more than happy to blacklist our 2006 World Cup veterans for money issues and go with the inexperienced young local  players and guess what happened! Bermuda buss we tail and we chance of making the Hex this time round was placed in imminent danger! 

That was the signal for JW to do a U-turn on his blacklist policy besides for gang leaders Brent Sancho & Kelvin Jack but problem was we also fired Wim the coach that was in the perfect position to built upon our experience of our last World Cup and JW hired a Columbian who was past his sell by date and couldn't even communicate with his players in English!

JW basically sabotage our campaign this time as them vetrans cyah be rewarded for standing up to him as far as JW is concerned!

Like allyuh think Jack is as dumb as he looks?!

The blacklist should have been used by the wimp as an opportunity not an excuse, your argument holds no water what so ever because the blaclist only excluded the players up to the end of 2007.
Realise that you do not use old men to play a young man's game and you would be much smarter for that.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 01:20:52 AM »

In addition you miss my point entirley , what would have been more profitable to TT football ?
The state of the team today  re the qualifiers or if a serious attempt was made to keep a young team playing together during these qualifiers ?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 01:28:33 AM »

Yorke
 Andrews
Lawrence
Spann
Ince
Jones
Glenn
Scotland
Samuel
Birchal
Stern John
Even Latas

All played all failed.

Load of bullocks!!

JW basically sabotage our campaign this time as them vetrans cyah be rewarded for standing up to him as far as JW is concerned!

Like allyuh think Jack is as dumb as he looks?!

The blacklist should have been used by the wimp as an opportunity not an excuse, your argument holds no water what so ever because the blaclist only excluded the players up to the end of 2007.
Realise that you do not use old men to play a young man's game and you would be much smarter for that.

Bullocks again, its you who is missing the point!

Wim got sacked so was not given the chance to work properly with the blacklisted players (barring Brent & Kelvin) when they were allowed back onto the team!

All this was done deliberately by JW to sabotage the 2010 campaign and so punish the previously blacklisted players for their transgressions!

JW is now concentrating on the U-20s and deliberately witheld preparation games from the seniors!
Do you know the main reason why?! Have a guess!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:31:23 AM by Socapro »

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 01:35:46 AM »

You cant see past your hatred for Jack.
Look at the football being played now son.
We have a defense that is languid and stationary a midfield that can best be described as clueless and an attack that feeds off of one or 2 mistakes the opposition makes, what about that is specifically Jack's fault.
The wimp was made coach because of an arrangement that beenie put in place with TTFF that was flawed to begin with and simply put he was not the coach to take young in experienced players forward even though he would have had 2 years to do so.
Ok blame Jack for that and the blacklist but do you honestly think that it would have made any difference to how this group of players play.
C'mon get real.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 01:41:25 AM »

We have a defense that is languid and stationary a midfield that can best be described as clueless and an attack that feeds off of one or 2 mistakes the opposition makes, what about that is specifically Jack's fault.
The wimp was made coach because of an arrangement that beenie put in place with TTFF that was flawed to begin with and simply put he was not the coach to take young in experienced players forward even though he would have had 2 years to do so.
Ok blame Jack for that and the blacklist but do you honestly think that it would have made any difference to how this group of players play.
C'mon get real.

Maybe I should not have started my post with the word bullocks in reply to yours!
You need to put your ego aside for a moment and read my post again!
What I have pointed out is more or less a factual account of what has transpired with our team since World Cup 2006 but is like your memory is not that great!!

My hatred for Jack has nothing to do with what took place, in fact I admire Jack as a business man but not in regards to how he controls T&T football like his own personal business!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:54:01 AM by Socapro »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 04:00:48 AM »
And it is written

My hatred for Jack has nothing to do with what took place, in fact I admire Jack as a business man but not in regards to how he controls T&T football like his own personal business!

Bravo ......Bravo.... :devil:

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 04:46:03 AM »

C'mon get real.

fish, well said but these guys are clueless and have decided that there's no other explanation for our demise but the blacklist and jackula,sad but true and as far some may be concerned I talking bullocks to..... 

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 07:25:25 AM »
3 letters

Y                 E                  S
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>