April 29, 2024, 03:02:11 AM

Author Topic: Isaiah Noreiga called to camp with T&T U-17 NMT.  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Isaiah Noreiga called to camp with T&T U-17 NMT.
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:42:03 AM »
Isaiah Noreiga who plays for 2008 U-17 Dallas Cup champions- Dynamo Academy was recently called into camp with the Trinidad & Tobago national under 17 team.

Isaiah Noreiga scored four goals for the Dynamo in the Dallas Cup tournament. ...Jim Fallon.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:41:06 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Isaiah Noreiga called to camp with T&T U-17 NMT.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:50:12 AM »
Anybody here know this youth ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 06:29:58 AM »
Isaiah Noriega could run out for Houston Dynamo tonight.
Writes Darrell Lovell.

Tonight Houston Dynamo fans will get a glimpse of what could be as a group of college based protected players who are Academy graduates will play a select group for current Dynamo Academy players tonight at the Carl Lewis Track and Field Complex on the campus of the University of Houston at 7:30PM. The match will give the players a stage to impress Houston Dynamo coaches including head coach Dominic Kinnear.

The Academy team will be selected from both U-18 and U-16 teams but has yet to be announced. Likely inclusions could be standout players defender Bradley Bourgeois, forwards Abe Matamoros, Jade George, Tamay Sanchez and Isaiah Noriega (if he is not already training with the Trinidad and Tobago U-17 team) and midfielders Brian Cellis and Chance Bergen. All these players have impressed at different times this year and could use tonight’s match to make a strong impression on the Dynamo brass.

Admission is free and the University is currently out of school on winter holiday. Try and make it out to see some possible future Dynamo players.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 01:03:56 PM »

US-based forward fits into T&T U17s
Shaun Fuentes

US-based forward Isaiah Noreiga is likely to be a key member of the Trinidad and Tobago National Under 17 team in their final Concacaf qualifiers in Jamaica next month.

Noreiga, who is attached to American Major League Soccer (MLS) club Houston Dynamo, has been in training with the squad under head coach Shawn Cooper in recent weeks and is pressing for a spot ahead of Concacaf final round clashes with Jamaica (Feb 15) and Guatemala (Feb 17) in Montego Bay.

Noreiga’s profile is an impressive one and he has been described as one the better young prospects at the Houston club. He plays for both the Dynamo Under 19,18 and Under 16 teams and led the latter to the Dallas Cup title last year with four goals. One of his goals came in Dynamo’s 2-1 win over Santa Clara in the final of the 2010 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup

He was also the youngest player at age 15 in the Dynamo Under 19 team at the 2009 Dallas Cup. He also played the final 37 minutes for Dynamo in a training match against the United States Under 17 team and was part of the Dynamo U-16 squad that traveled to El Salvador last July-August to play two games against the El Salvador national team. 

“He’s looked good with the rest of players so far in training and I think he can be a valuable asset to the team. He’s not played any international games for us because he was injured during the Caribbean qualifiers but he’s very enthusiastic and has fitted in well with the rest of the team so far, We haven’t named the final squad as yet but we’ll be monitoring his progress along with the other players for the next few weeks,” said Cooper. T&T U17s play T&TEC in a training game at 4pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium today.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:46:58 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »
Academy forward to train in Trinidad
Noreiga will attempt to earn spot on U-17 national team
Isaiah Noreiga celebrates his goal in Houston's 3-0 win over Toronto.
(Wilf Thorne / Houston Dynamo)

It has been a whirlwind year for Isaiah Noreiga. Last April, the Dynamo Academy forward scored two goals in the championship match of the Dallas Cup to lead the the Dynamo U-16s to the title. He was also on the Dynamo squad that reached the semifinals of the SUM U-17 Cup in Houston this past summer. Now, the junior at Kingwood Park High School will fly to Trinidad & Tobago on Saturday to once again train with its U-17 national team, which is preparing for CONCACAF qualifying for the 2011 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

“This is the third time I will train with the team,” Noreiga said. “The coach first saw me play at the Dallas Cup in 2009, and after finding out both of my parents were from Trinidad, he invited me down to try out.”

Although Noreiga made the team and was invited back for a preliminary qualifying tournament last summer, a back injury forced him to miss the games and resulted in him losing his spot on the 18-man roster. Trinidad & Tobago easily advanced, however, with wins over Saint Kitts & Nevis and Bermuda and a draw with Cuba.

“I had the back injury for about two years, but it was only a mild pain,” he said. “When I went down there, we had two-a-days, so it began aggravating me more. Eventually it locked up on me, and I couldn’t play. The doctor told me my L2 disc was shifted to the left so I had to come back to Houston to do physical therapy. It was very disappointing because I worked hard to get my spot on the team and then something I could not control happened to me, forcing me to miss the games.”

After two weeks of training in Trinidad, Noreiga will return to Houston for school and, if selected for the squad, he will fly to Jamaica on February 9 for CONCACAF World Cup qualifying. The draw, which was announced yesterday, saw Trinidad & Tobago land in group C with rival Jamaica and Guatemala. The top two teams advance to the quarterfinals, where the four winners clinch a spot in the U-17 World Cup. The Houston native said he would be excited to represent his parents' homeland at the World Cup.

“It would feel very good,” Noreiga said. “Even though I am from Houston, if I were to play for Trinidad at the World Cup, it would make my parents very proud.”

An added bonus for Noreiga would be the opportunity to play against Dynamo Academy goalkeeper Fernando Pińa and the U.S. U-17 national team, which could be possible if both teams advance to the semifinals. Noreiga and Pińa played together in the Dynamo Academy as well as against each other growing up in Houston.

“It would be a fun experience playing against him,” Noreiga said. “I also know some of the other players on the U.S. team, so it would be great if we played them.”

Dynamo Director of Youth Development James Clarkson is excited for the opportunity his player has been given and believes it is the result of the hard work that Noreiga has put in over the past few years.

“We always felt that he had the talent, but at times he wasn’t involved enough in the game,” Clarkson said. “Now he has matured into a good competitor and is starting to take control of the game.”

Noreiga began the season playing with the Dynamo U-16 squad, but after showing good form in the opening matches of the season, has made a seamless transition to playing with the U-18s. Last weekend, Noreiga played 90 minutes in a friendly against Tigres Juniors and played 45 for the 18s in a 2-1 loss to Solar Soccer Club. Although his squad was on the losing end of the match, Noreiga played well as the lone striker in the second half, holding the ball and finding his teammates in the open space.

“We felt that he was ready to make that jump,” Clarkson said. “He has good strength, speed, and is technically sound. This isn’t the first time Noreiga has played with older kids, so we were confident he could make the move and not miss a step.”

When Trinidad & Tobago coaches first saw Noreiga, he was a 15-year old playing on the Dynamo's U-19 squad at the Dallas Cup, a squad that included junior college players. Noreiga has always relished the opportunity to play with the older players and believes it has helped mold him into a stronger player.

“I like playing with the 18s, because the pace is much quicker than with the 16s,” he said. “It forces me to play and think faster. When I played with the older players at the Dallas Cup, it opened my eyes to how much I have to improve and made me realize I don’t have that much time, because that will be me in a few years.”
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 06:50:58 AM »
US-based forward—No pick assured on U-17s
By:Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

United States-based forward Isaiah Noreiga is eyeing an appearance on the world stage, starting at the upcoming Concacaf qualifiers for the 2011 Fifa Under-17 World Cup in Mexico.

Noreiga plays for the Under-19 and Under-18 Academy teams of MLS club Houston Dynamo and has had an impressive run.

“It’s a great opportunity for me to get the experience on the big stage and to represent my family in T&T. We work really hard in training and everyone is fighting for a starting spot which is a lot of hard work right now.

“No one’s assured a spot and I think this could be a really good ingredient in the team for our aim to be successful,” Noreiga said this week.

Reflecting on his time with Dynamo where he led them to the Under-16 title at the 2010 Dallas Cup with four goals, he said “Well at a young age I got the opportunity to play at a higher level and hopefully I can bring my experience to my teammates and help them get to another level. I hope to play in the MLS one day.”

At age 15, he was also the youngest player on the Houston Under-19 team at the 2009 Dallas Cup
“I would love to play for the T&T senior team some day. That has been my dream since I was a little boy.”

T&T plays Jamaica (February 15) and Guatemala (February 19) in the group phase of the Concacaf qualifiers. They take on the T&T Under-20s in a friendly on February 4 at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
Yuh know, when we hear about exciting young talent developing nicely, it is so easy to get excited and hopeful for the prospects of the NT. But then you remember the TTFF and you're deflated, , , >:( :banginghead: :frustrated:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 08:29:03 PM »
Yuh know, when we hear about exciting young talent developing nicely, it is so easy to get excited and hopeful for the prospects of the NT. But then you remember the TTFF and you're deflated, , , >:( :banginghead: :frustrated:
I cannot see the connection with the TTFF causing the boys to play badly and lose.I can understand you getting deflated if we lose coz I would also feel bad but why blame the TTFF.

truetrini

Re:DAveJenny Awards nominee..right here. FRICO>>>>
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 11:07:43 PM »
I cannot see the connection with the TTFF causing the boys to play badly and lose.I can understand you getting deflated if we lose coz I would also feel bad but why blame the TTFF.

I am convinced that you, frico,  is ah blasted beh beh man.   Yuh like f**king Patrick from Sponge Bob Square Pants.  I feel yuh fall and hit yuh f**king head real hard or yuh get abducted by some aliens dat shrink yuh f**king bean sized brain.

Oh gardo....One for de f**king DavJenny Awards right here

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 04:54:25 AM »
Trinity Cross,from now on I'll be giving credit to the TTFF when we win and I'll cuss up deh rass when we lose,didn't the TTFF got us kicked out of the Digicel too,forget the fact that we have been the most successful team in the Caribbean.We should have been in the WC in 74 and 90 and if we had taken our chances we could have gone to SA 2010,we have also made it to under 19 and under 17 WCs,"wheel an come again".

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 07:11:33 AM »
Trinity Cross,from now on I'll be giving credit to the TTFF when we win and I'll cuss up deh rass when we lose,didn't the TTFF got us kicked out of the Digicel too,forget the fact that we have been the most successful team in the Caribbean.We should have been in the WC in 74 and 90 and if we had taken our chances we could have gone to SA 2010,we have also made it to under 19 and under 17 WCs,"wheel an come again".

fella winning an dlosing is NOT the issue..

~~~sigh~~~

1]; } ?>