April 29, 2024, 04:29:22 AM

Author Topic: Latapy, Warner meet today.  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Latapy, Warner meet today.
« on: January 28, 2011, 06:04:15 AM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

National coach Russell Latapy is scheduled to meet with officials of the T&T Football Federation and its technical committee today to discuss his future with the national team.

It has been speculated that Latapy will be stripped of his post as head coach following this country’s dismal showing at the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup in Martinique.

Latapy, it is understood, will consider the option of staying on with the TTFF in another capacity if the terms and conditions are right.

The former national captain is also being owed more than one year’s salary as head coach.

TTFF special adviser Jack Warner will be part of the meeting along with president Oliver Camps, another official likely to support Latapy’s continuing role. Latapy spent much of last month in Portugal and also made a trip to Scotland prior to his return.

The TTFF has reportedly held talks with former Portuguese and Real Madrid coach Carlos Queiroz to take over as head coach and lead this country’s quest for qualification at the 2014 Brazil World Cup.

Meantime, Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, the man who coached T&T to the 2006 World Cup, is also set to be jobless after announcing he will leave his post as technical director of  Feyeenord at the end of the season.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy, Warner meet today.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 06:16:14 AM »
if dey keep him around ah hope he actually TRY TO LEARN someting from who ever dey bringin an' doh try an undermine dem , is how much people Anton was assistant to............how much he learn ??? , fact dey should leave him out d senior programme all together
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:18:28 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 07:12:29 AM »
if dey keep him around ah hope he actually TRY TO LEARN someting from who ever dey bringin an' doh try an undermine dem , is how much people Anton was assistant to............how much he learn ??? , fact dey should leave him out d senior programme all together

I eh really see Anton learn anything yet
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 07:17:21 AM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

National coach Russell Latapy is scheduled to meet with officials of the T&T Football Federation and its technical committee today to discuss his future with the national team.

what is to discuss ? get rid of this man
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 07:35:19 AM »

I eh really see Anton learn anything yet
d question was meant to be rhetorical but dais d point dey :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 12:57:16 PM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

what is to discuss ? get rid of this man

:beermug:

something we agree on  :D

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 05:38:51 PM »
Just heard on the C-6 Sports news that latapy was offered and has accepted the job of ASSISTANT Coach to the NEW (as yet un-named) Senior Mens Football Team Coach

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 05:41:40 PM »
Just heard on the C-6 Sports news that latapy was offered and has accepted the job of ASSISTANT Coach to the NEW (as yet un-named) Senior Mens Football Team Coach

Yeah, just heard the same. Also reported, the head coach position is down to 3 names.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »

Yeah, just heard the same. Also reported, the head coach position is down to 3 names.
I eh care what none ah allyuh say! this man latapy could never love T&T football. he's ah fackin mercenary if i've ever seen one.

as for this federation, dem ppl eh know what the fack time it is wid football, and this newest development touts me to fully believe that. latapy is ah dunce when it comes to coachin and he proved it over the 18 month that he was in charge.

i know one things fuh sure, all dem players we saw over the past 18 months , they would suddenly appear again, BC latas will have some kinda say, and the new coach will be relying on latas expertise to recommend players for screening.

i eh go lie, the past 6 months is the only time i've ever felt that i should permanently walk away from supporting T&T football and never look back, this thing going from worst to wosser!

if latapy did give ah solitary fack about T&T football, he woulda try tuh work wid the babies and develope them just like bertile, but the facker want de spotlight.   selfish SOB !
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »
Daiz 1 piece of good news.

Pay de Warriors .... and pay Latas he money too.
Good move by Latas to let them know that if dey eff arong, den he go have sometin' line up in he wifey country (Portugal) or Scotland. Niceness.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 06:14:41 PM »
Does a credible senior team coach at club or country level come in w/o having his choice of preferred asst.?  Not to mention the obvious (complete TTFF overhaul) 

More games from Jack, all yuh enjoy dat roller coaster ride dat comin up...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:54 PM »

I eh care what none ah allyuh say! this man latapy could never love T&T football. he's ah fackin mercenary if i've ever seen one.

as for this federation, dem ppl eh know what the fack time it is wid football, and this newest development touts me to fully believe that. latapy is ah dunce when it comes to coachin and he proved it over the 18 month that he was in charge.

i know one things fuh sure, all dem players we saw over the past 18 months , they would suddenly appear again, BC latas will have some kinda say, and the new coach will be relying on latas expertise to recommend players for screening.

i eh go lie, the past 6 months is the only time i've ever felt that i should permanently walk away from supporting T&T football and never look back, this thing going from worst to wosser!

if latapy did give ah solitary fack about T&T football, he woulda try tuh work wid the babies and develope them just like bertile, but the facker want de spotlight.   selfish SOB !

this is probably the worst set of football news i heard for 2011, latas back to undermine players who should be on the team and the coach most likely.

with this decision, our future for qualifying for brazil 2014 is now in jeopardy

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 06:23:10 PM »
Does a credible senior team coach at club or country level come in w/o having his choice of preferred asst.?  Not to mention the obvious (complete TTFF overhaul) 

More games from Jack, all yuh enjoy dat roller coaster ride dat comin up...

Very true Barats, iz a big game de stammerer playin', but I think Latas know Jackula just like we. It's still possible that Latas could be another assistant.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:21:53 PM by dreamer »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 07:03:32 PM »

Good move by Latas to let them know that if dey eff arong, den he go have sometin' line up in he wifey country (Portugal) or Scotland. Niceness.
Why am i not surprise to hear you lobbying for that selfish pr!ck mercenary. yuh think he care bout the senior team?

he stayed there for 18 month knowing fully well that he eh able , but went on wid business as usual doing more damage than good! he even risk the senior team missin another gold cup where nuff yutes does get exposure to scouts world wide just so he could gain experience and play coach.

ppl like you does be on personalities and past glory, and let nostalgia cloud allyuh judgment yes. bertile st clair deserved this far more than lastas BC he had a far better record, even though he had ah warped perception.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:06:27 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »

This is a load of bull$hit!!

No decent head coach who is in charge of a national team will allow the Federation to decide who his assistant should be.

This is the main reason I decided to class maturana as a shit coach because he decided to go along with the TTFF's bullshit regards having Latapy as his assistant rather than resign!

Whoever accepts the head coach role under these conditions is destined to fail before he even takes on the job!

Just another confirmation that things will never change while Camps the pupet is in charge of the TTFF meaning that its really Jackula who running things!!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:08:34 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 08:20:20 PM »
Socas,
Remember, de broke TTFF and Jackula going fuh short cut stuff on de cheap and it eh bong to be no "decent" head coach but somebody in financial trouble looking fuh a perceived banana republic to run some money on a dream. Nobody wit' self respec eh coming to T&T jess so unless some very unusually timed circumstances created a perfect storm to push dem dey..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 08:44:45 PM »

Doubt he have anyting line up. He woulda gone ahread. He ready 2 retire in d land of he birth.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 02:25:02 AM »
Socas,
Remember, de broke TTFF and Jackula going fuh short cut stuff on de cheap and it eh bong to be no "decent" head coach but somebody in financial trouble looking fuh a perceived banana republic to run some money on a dream. Nobody wit' self respec eh coming to T&T jess so unless some very unusually timed circumstances created a perfect storm to push dem dey..
You does really vex may spirit oui! it's only BC yuh have ah "crush" on latas is why yuh defending his appointment so. lets face it bro yuh backin ah ded horse! it's the same ded horse who katch he nenen tuh beat belize and martinique and in the end got us kicked out the gold cup back to back.

BTW,the TTFF is not broke, who tell you dat?! jack warner and anil have the treasury in their palms, and it's theirs to do as they will. did you not hear the budget for sports allocation ? they could afford tuh hire beenhaker and marinio @ the same time, that's how big the allotment is.

despite all the evidence that showed latas is ah hound, you just continue to dreamin on, like is ah big stone have tuh fall on yuh head tuh wake yuh up to this reality? latas don't want tuh humble he self and give up, ah bet is undermine he will undermine that new coach , watch and see.

if yuh have any decency latapy, you would walk away take up ah yute job and go learn yuh trade properly, and leave the senior team alone. yuh failed , let someone else have ah turn!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:26:37 AM by just cool »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 09:14:17 AM »
Socas,
BTW,the TTFF is not broke, who tell you dat?! jack warner and anil have the treasury in their palms, and it's theirs to do as they will. did you not hear the budget for sports allocation ? they could afford tuh hire beenhaker and marinio @ the same time, that's how big the allotment is.

Is that really how u want your tax payer dollars spent tho?? On a football coach??

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
Socas,

Is that really how u want your tax payer dollars spent tho?? On a football coach??
MY tax dollars?? you better check the location on my profile.

even if i lived there and paid taxes? why not! and ppl's tax dollars went in colderhart, panday, half ah de old PNM ministers from 30 yrs ago pockets? so why not to ah worthy cause for a change.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
The role of assistant coach is too important for any head coach to have one assigned to him before he is appointed. LOYALTY! AND SUPPORT for the head coach's vision is critical to the success of the program. Unless they already decide on the head coach and he has agreed to have RL as his assistant then you looking for same trouble...different day!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
The role of assistant coach is too important for any head coach to have one assigned to him before he is appointed. LOYALTY! AND SUPPORT for the head coach's vision is critical to the success of the program. Unless they already decide on the head coach and he has agreed to have RL as his assistant then you looking for same trouble...different day!
It would be ah wonderful day in T&T when jack and his whole crew rides out  and some capable young vibrant aware mind take over the football.

these men convince me that they don't have ah clue how tuh run football! i always used to wonder , " why T&T can't get ahead in football despite all the yrs of trial and error, now it's so clear and apparent, it's not even funny.

what's beating me is, how could these ppl who voted for camps sleep @ night knowing this man is such ah fackup. this is beyond me! :frustrated:

i will never stop saying how much of a "bananna monkey republic" T&T truly is! these ppl are extremely clueless, and couldn't run a pretzel stand without controversy.

1]; } ?>