April 29, 2024, 06:49:13 AM

Author Topic: Findley happy with his decision in choosing USA over T&T.  (Read 12943 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Findley happy with his decision in choosing USA over T&T.
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2010, 03:18:29 PM »
Father shares Findley’s World Cup dream.

Plus Robbie had his cousins. He had Mike Bibby who was then a point guard for the Sacramento Kings. Together, the two played basketball at local gyms with Robbie’s other cousin Shaun McDonald, who was about to burst into the NFL as a wide receiver for the St. Louis Rams, and the New York Knicks’ Eddie House, a cousin by marriage. They could push Robbie farther than a father could.

:o :o
waaayyz,,that family have gatorade in they DNA or wha?

Is de Soca in they blood  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nottingham Forest sign USA striker Robbie Findley
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2010, 11:20:03 AM »
Nottingham Forest sign USA striker Robbie Findley
BBC Sport

Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of USA striker Robbie Findley, subject to securing a work permit.
Findley, 25, is a free agent after leaving Real Salt Lake in the MLS and had been on trial with Premier League side Wolves.

The forward has been capped 11 times by his country and played against England in this year's World Cup.
Findley began his MLS career with LA Galaxy, but went on to score 28 goals in 91 appearances for Real Salt Lake.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »
Wow... very nice.  Hopefully Randi gets a similar career boost as well.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2010, 12:58:59 PM »

Where does Randi play his football? He perhaps needs to setp up to the MLS before he can start thinking about moving to Europe.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2010, 01:04:07 PM »

Where does Randi play his football? He perhaps needs to setp up to the MLS before he can start thinking about moving to Europe.

randi can play in europe, you talk like if you know the player, when you don't.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2010, 01:51:21 PM »

Do they teach reading comprehension in Jamaica at all... or are you just a special circumstance of its failure?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »
I thinks it shows how much talent we have here in tnt that it even suppliment other national teams.

Findley at the time didn't make the cut, he made his choice and good for him!

Wish him the best, b.c usa is my second team in the region these days.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2010, 03:27:09 PM »
I thinks it shows how much talent we have here in tnt that it even suppliment other national teams.

Is not dat he didn't make de cut, he was not given the chance to be properly evaluated. In any event, wit de way how de TTFF does operate, T&T is ah hard sell unless yuh doh have other options.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2010, 05:43:17 PM »

Is not dat he didn't make de cut, he was not given the chance to be properly evaluated. In any event, wit de way how de TTFF does operate, T&T is ah hard sell unless yuh doh have other options.

exactly  :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2010, 06:32:52 PM »
All the best Robbie!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2010, 03:03:11 AM »
Hopefully Forest will be able to secure a work permit for him, but it could be tricky.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2010, 12:53:55 PM »

Nah u suppose 2 select d RWB no matter what or prepare 2 b cuss out by d super fans in these parts.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2010, 01:22:09 PM »

Nah u suppose 2 select d RWB no matter what or prepare 2 b cuss out by d super fans in these parts.

ent Weary
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2010, 01:29:49 PM »

ent Weary

YEPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2010, 02:38:02 PM »
Can you imagin having a son born in U.S country, a gifted soccer player, and having to deal with the back ah

dey bullshit from Jack Warner and his futbol organization, blacklisting  yuh best players because they stand

up for their rights and not even paying  them or paying them when you feel like .

13 coaches in 10 yrs it shows how bad things is in the TTFF I wish Jack would fix his house before other people own  .

Ah love my country bad but any trinbagonian decide he or she  want to ply their trade for the US or which

ever country I would support them and wish them lots ok luck .

I say go brave Findley  is a good thing they did not pick you would of been the mistake of your life.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:20:21 AM by zuluwarrior »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »
Can you imagin having a son born in U.S country, a gifted soccer player, and having to deal with the back ah

dey bullshit from Jack Warner and his futbol organization, blacklisting  yuh best players because they stand

up for their rights and not even paying  them or paying them when you feel like .

13 coaches in 10 yrs it shows how bad things is in the TTFF I wish Jack would fix his house before other people own  .

Ah love my country bad but any trinbagonian decide he or she  want to ply their trade for the US or which

ever country I would support them and wish them lots ok luck

I say go brave Findley  is a good thing they did not pick you would of been the mistake of your life.

same thing mi sey but dont use my country and then ply yu trade some where else.. good luck to findley and I hope he score at least 1 goal for his teams reserves before they ship him back to the MLS. cause all speed and no finishing touches wont wrk in england. anyway, Has he played for the U.S since he shit dung himself in the world cup?

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2010, 12:20:57 PM »
True 'Warriors' never die.......nor turncoat...... But  I guess when faced with opportunities that  appears to be more appealing than dealing  with the TTFF I guess it eh so hard then to join the 'ZAMORA  clan'
In the words of BM  ........another  F off .... who cares  where this one signs with and  what ever. Not benefiting TnT Warriors so  don't care ; don't give ah ...ah flying firetruck
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:28:41 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2010, 01:44:02 PM »
War yuh know wat even if he get shiped back to MLS is a well organized football organization he going back to

and he sure to be paid and would not be blacklisted because of selfish black man greed .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »
War yuh know wat even if he get shiped back to MLS is a well organized football organization he going back to

and he sure to be paid and would not be blacklisted because of selfish black man greed .

Not important must play 4 d RWB no matter what.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
I stand by my opinion that I express and the decision I would make if  I  had to give any promising youthman

a word of advice about TTFF I would tell him to stay far away from them .

Weary that is not a must not with this administration they force  nationals to make a choice we all have to live by any means necessary .

You should tell the TTFF  they must think about the RWB before making those bad  decisions that they make . 

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »

doh get me wrong i love mls (I was a season ticket holder for Fire)I jes have sum hard fealings towards Findley. and not because he plays for USA but because I felt he used TNT. But good luck to di yute.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2010, 09:54:35 PM »
I stand by my opinion that I express and the decision I would make if  I  had to give any promising youthman

a word of advice about TTFF I would tell him to stay far away from them .

Weary that is not a must not with this administration they force  nationals to make a choice we all have to live by any means necessary .

You should tell the TTFF  they must think about the RWB before making those bad  decisions that they make . 

Friend I am being sarcastic me eh be grudge nobody who choose anybody b4 we y should dey be subjected 2 d TTFF.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Robbie Findley signs with Nottingham Forest
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2010, 08:42:24 AM »
Robbie Findley Signs With Nottingham Forest, Awaiting Work Permit

* Wolverhampton Coach: Robbie Findley Has Signed With Nottingham Forest

Update: Robbie Findley One Step Away From Playing For Storied Nottingham Forest

The only thing currently standing between Robbie Findley and playing for Nottingham Forest is his UK work permit. The now former-RSL striker has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal with the Championship side and will have a permit hearing in January to determine his eligibility.

"The club is very confident that it'll go through," Findley's agent Bill Davies told MLSsoccer.com. "They are building their case."

Miles said if the permit doesn't go through, Findley will turn his attention to a host of other entities that have expressed interest in acquiring his services. Other teams in the UK, as well as teams from Mexico to Switzerland have also pursued Findley, Miles said.

The clear preference, though, is for Findley to play for Forest, one of the more storied teams in England. Despite falling on hard times over the past decade, the team still enjoys solid support and plays in a 30,000-seat stadium. They've won multiple English and European championships and nearly made a return to the Premier League after finishing third in the Championship last year. The Reds currently sit eighth in the Championship table.

Dec 23 1:01p by Jeremiah Oshan - 0 comments
Wolverhampton Coach: Robbie Findley Has Signed With Nottingham Forest

Robbie Findley has apparently signed with a team based in England, but it's not Wolverhampton. Despite trialling with the EPL side, the United States striker has reportedly accepted a contract from Championship side Nottingham Forest.

Nottingham Forest, it should be noted, has not confirmed the signing. Rather, this information is based on comments Wolves coach Mick McCarthy made to the press.

"We had him here, he came and trained with us, got two or three days, but he’s gone to Nottingham Forest," McCarthy said. "We brought him over but he was injured when he came here so we gave him treatment and then he went to Nottingham Forest, so we’ll never know.

"I think he’s been offered a contract, whereas we wanted to have a look at him."

It has been known for some time that Findley was looking to move to Europe after spending the last four seasons in MLS. Real Salt Lake had supposedly offered him a significant contract extension, but he turned it down. He was then left unprotected in the Expansion Draft and was picked by the Portland Timbers, who would retain his rights if he were to choose to return to MLS.

Nottingham Forest has fallen on hard times recently, but is among the more storied teams in England. They were among the founding members of the English Football Association and date their history back to 1865. The team is best known for its run of success under the management of Brian Clough, upon whom the book and movie "Damned United" is based. Clough led Forest to the English First Division title in 1977-78, two straight European Cups (1979-80) and four League Cups (1978-79, 1989-90).

Since the Clough era ended in 1993, though, Forest has bounced around the three top levels of the English soccer pyramid. Forest last played in the EPL in the 1998-99 season and are currently sitting in eighth in the Championship.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2010, 09:08:25 AM »
Everybody say Bobby Zamora!!!!!!!!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2011, 04:21:50 AM »
Findley obtains UK work permit

US international Robbie Findley successfully obtained his UK work permit after a hearing in London according to a report on Nottingham Forest website.

The US forward previously signed a contract to join the club but it was contingent on obtaining a work permit.

With that now cleared, Findley will become the newest American in England.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2011, 05:38:05 AM »

US international Robbie Findley successfully obtained his UK work permit after a hearing in London according to a report on Nottingham Forest website.

The US forward previously signed a contract to join the club but it was contingent on obtaining a work permit.

(continue)

Speak of the devil.  Zeppo ah now bad talking yuh over in a next thread.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2011, 09:16:43 AM »

(continue)
       Regardless of how we might feel about Findley i'm really glad about the decisions he made,i hope he can prove all the doubtors wrong and make himself a success in England.   

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Robbie Findlay to Nottingham Forest
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2011, 11:23:59 AM »
I noticed this while scrolling through deadline day deals...

Robbie Findley   Unattached  Nottingham Forest  Free

Too bad he's american now cause I bet he woulda get the call-up once he plying his trade in England.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
Re: Robbie Findlay to Nottingham Forest
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2011, 12:18:53 PM »
Ent!

1]; } ?>