March 28, 2024, 11:02:06 AM

Author Topic: Alvin Corneal Articles  (Read 49857 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Alvin Corneal Articles
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »
FYI, Alvin told me...

Flex,
I have actually played 119 matches and scored 69 goals. However many of these matches were players before independence when the country was colonial. Between 1955 and 1962 I had played 38 matches, many of which were english 1st division clubs such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves, Coventry, French national team playing under Air France, Barbados, British Guiana, Haiti twice, Suriname twice before independence. 3 Brasilians clubs and On the first ever West indies Team in 1959, we played 17 match against many first and second division teams between Aug.6th to November 9th 1959.
STEUPS!!

Why STEUPS!! ?

He's jealous and envious, he suffers from an inferiority complex and insecurity which is all symptoms of being a house negro that has sold out...

That's why he steups

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2017, 03:55:04 AM »
FYI, Alvin told me...

Flex,
I have actually played 119 matches and scored 69 goals. However many of these matches were players before independence when the country was colonial. Between 1955 and 1962 I had played 38 matches, many of which were english 1st division clubs such as Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves, Coventry, French national team playing under Air France, Barbados, British Guiana, Haiti twice, Suriname twice before independence. 3 Brasilians clubs and On the first ever West indies Team in 1959, we played 17 match against many first and second division teams between Aug.6th to November 9th 1959.
STEUPS!!

Why STEUPS!! ?

He's jealous and envious, he suffers from an inferiority complex and insecurity which is all symptoms of being a house negro that has sold out...

That's why he steups

Controversial, you need to learn how to shut your coont sometimes. What de f00ck you ever did for your country T&T Canada except whine and bitch?

Alvin, as a footballer was a boss !!!!

Give credit where credit was due, not he fault he played for different countries before independence.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:44:50 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »
Think contro was referring to ffisback not Alvin .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2017, 03:53:17 PM »
I think Flex needs to clarify something here. They way I reading it, is that Alvin said that he played for TT against all those teams mentioned. Then he also played for the West Indies team. So he only played for TT and the West Indies. That is how I understand what the article said.

By the way Alvin was a BOSS player, and many people felt that had he had the chance, could have played in the old English div. 1. He had speed, good first touch and excellent ball control. He had a stinging left foot shot. Great at dead ball situation. Dangerous corner kicks. I would rate him in the top 10 forward/left wing. Superb youth coach( I can attest to that). First West Indian at that time, to attain an English FA coaching badge.

And by the way an excellent cricketer/opening batsman. Should have played at least one game for the WI. You may have issues with Alvin, and lots of people do, but he was par excellence. Hall of Famer indeed.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »
I think Flex needs to clarify something here. They way I reading it, is that Alvin said that he played for TT against all those teams mentioned. Then he also played for the West Indies team. So he only played for TT and the West Indies. That is how I understand what the article said.

By the way Alvin was a BOSS player, and many people felt that had he had the chance, could have played in the old English div. 1. He had speed, good first touch and excellent ball control. He had a stinging left foot shot. Great at dead ball situation. Dangerous corner kicks. I would rate him in the top 10 forward/left wing. Superb youth coach( I can attest to that). First West Indian at that time, to attain an English FA coaching badge.

And by the way an excellent cricketer/opening batsman. Should have played at least one game for the WI. You may have issues with Alvin, and lots of people do, but he was par excellence. Hall of Famer indeed.
Most of the people on this forum have no knowledge of memory of football in Trinidad before the 70's. For those of us familiar with 60's football, you are spot on.  You may not like his opinions (I don't agree with them many times), but he was a great TT footballer and a decent coach.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2017, 02:10:21 PM »
Alvin said: I have only represented T&T, Barbados and the West Indies in football. i have coached Grenada, St. Vincent, St, Kitts, Anguilla, US Virgin Islands, T&T and the West Indies team which toured Mexico for a six game friendly, One match against Iraq in Grenada.

My answer related to matches which I represented Trinidad and Tobago and the WI team (which were also considered international matches, seeing that we were not yet Independent). My matches in the Barbados team were also Internationals.

Let me point out that the players who wore the TT red shirts after 1962 Independence, are the ones who had each match recorded as a National caps and I commend them all for their contribution to our Football."

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:37:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2017, 03:20:40 PM »
Alvin said: I have only represented T&T, Barbados and the West Indies in football. i have coached Grenada, St. Vincent, St, Kitts, Anguilla, US Virgin Islands, T&T and the West Indies team which toured Mexico for a six game friendly, One match against Iraq in Grenada. "

I will get some more clarification.

Flex, thanks for the clarifications. Well, he played for TT, Barbados and the West Indies. And yes, I know of the West Indies tour to Mexico.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2017, 03:29:15 PM »
Most of the people on this forum have no knowledge of memory of football in Trinidad before the 70's. For those of us familiar with 60's football, you are spot on.  You may not like his opinions (I don't agree with them many times), but he was a great TT footballer and a decent coach.
Alvin Corneal was undoubtedly a T&T football great. That cannot be debated IMO.

He was also a dedicated coach who was responsible for the development and instrumental in acquiring scholarships for many T&T footballers.  The criticism of him was that if you weren't part of his Alcons team, then he didn't care much about you.  That is debatable.

Another debatable point is his international coaching record.  It can be argued that his international coaching record, especially for T&T, left something to be desired.

But Alvin Corneal has dedicated his life to football. I dare say he has forgotten more about football than anyone else involved in T&T football will ever learn.  I think when all is said and done, despite my own criticisms of him, Alvin Corneal's contribution to T&T football is immense and should be recognized accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 03:30:52 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2017, 03:45:08 PM »
FYI, Alvin told me...

Flex,
STEUPS!!

Why STEUPS!! ?

That's why he steups

Controversial, you need to learn how to shut your coont sometimes. What de f00ck you ever did for your country T&T Canada except whine and bitch?

Alvin, as a footballer was a boss !!!!

Give credit where credit was due, not he fault he played for different countries before independence.

I was referring to ffisback aka the terrorizer you fool... and his blatant disregard about Alvin corneals achievements which was disrespectful

And for the record I've done more for Trinidad and Tobago than you ever will, but I never sit here and boast about it... educate yourself before you talk rubbish

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2017, 05:17:00 AM »
Dennis you’re in charge.
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

The official appearance of the Soca Warriors newly-appointed head coach Dennis Lawrence and his assistant, Englishman Sol Campbell, now hold the reins of authority over the national Football team.

After the poor start to the Concacaf Hex tournament, the country has been faced with many confusing states of which coach will be able to bring the team back on victory road and raise our hopes of qualifying for the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Support for Dennis, a hometown boy, whose goal against Bahrain in 2005 took us to a historic appearance at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, will contribute to the team’s overall success, and I am calling on all of T&T to support.

This memorable achievement brought many of our players into the professional arena, mainly in the United Kingdom, and Dennis grabbed the chance to join Wrexham to start a career which carved his path towards the ranks of professionalism as player and assistant coach up to this day.

Even if he had not set the world afire in the Premier League in England, his performances in the championship division brought him respect from the coaches who guided his destiny.

He has ventured into a very new experience as a head coach of our national team, a challenge which is vastly different from club activity and certainly as the head honcho, where every decision is graced by his final word in terms of team selection, player’s behaviour, management responsibilities. He will also have to administer the sideshows which are part of every national team.

It is my sincere hope that his contract is clearly defined in terms of reference which covers areas like salaries, length of contract, picture clear understanding among team manager, medical staff, and stakeholders who may be attached in some indirect way.

His first major meeting with the technical committee is vital, if only because he can make his path perfectly clear as to his training programme, the organisation of friendlies leading up to the official matches, written commitment regarding the overseas based players and their clubs with respect to availability, and most of all his request for complete control over his players, and definitely no interference from non-related personnel.

Dennis’ request for Sol Campbell must have come from their relationship during both his playing career while in England. The former England Central defender, whose partnership with Rio Ferdinand stood out during the FIFA South Korea World Cup final, will be a great asset to the team and to the players having achieved at the highest level internationally. He may well inform our people as to his inexperience as a coach, in probably the same way that his inspirational strength when dealing with players will have brought to his fellow players.

Now we must await their duties as the coaching staff of our national senior team.

I will admit that the invitation to have at least one local assistant will have been ideal, if only for the information which could be shared about the local players.

Here is a good luck wish for Dennis Lawrence and our national team.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2017, 03:55:39 PM »
I will admit that the invitation to have at least one local assistant will have been ideal, if only for the information which could be shared about the local players.

I agree on that point, but let's wait and see.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2017, 06:17:50 PM »
PALOS...spot on..
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2017, 07:12:54 PM »
Another debatable point is his international coaching record.  It can be argued that his international coaching record, especially for T&T, left something to be desired.

Palos maybe correct on his international record. That is on the senior level. But he was working in the era of Jack. Tell me which coach in that era had a stellar record for TT. As a youth coach, he lead TT to 3rd place in U-19 Concacaf. TT first U-19 tournament. He coached TT for the Spain WC. We lost to Haiti in the prelims 2-1, home and away. He got axed. The next opportunity, I think, was the Concacaf tournament(precursor to the GC). I don't think we did well. He got axed. That is it

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2017, 05:00:50 AM »
Soca Warriors display midfield presence.
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

I like what I saw.

Barbados may have been very much of what the Warriors wanted to test the mettle of the local players and also to observe the early preparations of Dennis Lawrence introduction into international coaching as head coach.

His former national teammate Stern John, who he called in as one of three assistants will have been pleased to see striker Jamille Boatswain display excellent potency in his short stint by scoring two well taken goals that lead T&T to victory.

There was a very interesting start to the game where the locals were able to demonstrate the midfield options of cohesiveness and accurate passing—a feature which our regular players often tend to ignore by their preference to individualism.

The newcomers to this level certainly were motivated to show their worth and although Hughton Hector, Sean De Silva, and Curtis Gonzales all have previous experience at this level, it was a breath of fresh air to see the solid defensive play of Tristin Hodge, who seem to have the flair for recognising his responsibility, but utilising the task of overlapping to the flank when the need arose.

Alvin Jones, whom we already know, seemed ready to take on the duty of travelling the flank to provide service to the forwards.

Barbados left wing back, Alvin Chapman, allowed him the space to receive passes but kept him at bay each time he rushed the sideline.

It was a pleasure to see the high work rate of the midfield and expose the central defence of the visitors. Their biggest opponent in that regard was the use of boots which deprived them to retain proper footing. Two more goals could have been scored if Hashim Arcia and Dennis Mitchell had not lost their footing at crucial times within the penalty area of the visitors.

Striker Jamille boatswain was brought onto the field in a timely fashion and from his first touch of the ball, his speed, his desire to turn some good passes by De Silva and Hector into goals, two of which he did before half time, that’s after just being on the field four no more than four minutes.

Clearly, the coaching staff decided to get a look at almost every player on the bench, a decision which was certain to restart the previous inter-passing game and swift approaches towards the opponents’ goal.

This immediately allowed the Bajans to improve their tactics, controlled the midfield, and created three chances, all of which could have been goal chances.

They lost superior possession of the ball in the second and did not look the part.

The introduction of Cummings brought a new picture to the Warriors team. His speed, skill, and desire to challenge defenders reminded us all of the wonderful performances in a previous Gold Cup in the USA, when he scored some excellent goals.

Unfortunately, the speed level of the team dropped considerably and their opponent used the opportunity to show their worth if given the chance.

Eventually, no goals were scored in the second half, a factor which gave consolation to the visitors who enjoyed a drawn second half.

Coach Lawrence and his staff will not be able to ignore the efforts of players like Hector, De Silva, Arcia, Hodge and of course Leston Paul and Keron Cummings.

The foreign based players must now take note and show that they are superior, if they really are.

To this point, Coach Dennis Lawrence and his squad can take this step forward as acceptable. Now, the task of paying attention to their next opponents must be viewed seriously from watching video tapes of Panama and Mexico.

We look forward to the new two. weeks. Well done, Warriors.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2017, 01:50:27 AM »
Another chance for Warriors to show worth.
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

The local football fans will again be asked to support our national team for their next two matches against Panama and Mexico.

Dennis Lawrence has done a very good job in the process of decision making, with regards to arriving at the final 26 players, who will form the squad.

Following his comments through the media after getting a glimpse of his players against Barbados, the body language of players’ coaches and fans alike will have restored faith in our team.

Admittedly, their consistency has not been compatible with truly professional units, hence the reason why there were substandard performances in the early part of the tournament.

On this occasion, there was more interest in making the correct choice of players from home and abroad.

Dennis spoke to many of the coaches who have contracted players in their clubs in different parts of the world, before making a final choice as to whom he would select. He saw enough of the locals to place confidence in many of them who normally would not have been considered for selection.

How could he have ignored, Tristen Hodge, Alvin Jones, Hughtun Hector, Leston Paul, Jamille Boatswain, and Jan-Michael Williams, after working with them regularly leading up to the Barbados encounter.

I expected some form of speculation when it came to choosing the foreign based players, although, dependable contributors like Sheldon Bateau, Khaleem Hyland, Andre Boucaud, Kevin Molino, Levi Garcia, Cordel Cato and Joevin Jones, could hardly have been omitted because of their desire to be successful through their hard work on the field.

Despite all that organised selection process, the 11 players who will take the field with the red shirts need careful analysis and this will be the most difficult task for coach Lawrence.

Panama’s squad has been almost similar to the ones used for the past two years and apart from a few ageing but experienced players, they know that T&T is capable of springing some surprises as they had done in the past two years.

It would be unfair to be critical of any starting team chosen by the coach. Many times, coaches go in search of reliable, hardworking players in key positions, for the purpose of stability.

Judging from the past three years, it would be difficult to omit Williams as the goalkeeper, while names like Bateau remain the most outstanding defender in the country. A fellow central defender could come from one of Curtis Gonzales, Radanfah Abu Bakr and Keith Hodge.

They are all diligent workers but because the Panamanian attackers are quick, skillful, and go for penetration through the middle of the field, I will give the quickest and most aggressive, defender Tristin Hodge to force and unsettle the nippy forwards from Panama.

Daniel Cyrus and Carlos Edwards can be crucial wingbacks for this match. Because of Bateau’s experience, I believe that he can control the positional play of Hodge.

Our entire game could be determined by the performances of Hyland, Boucaud, both of whom are excellent ball winners, and provide service for the likes of Joevin Jones on the left and Cordel Cato or Alvin Jones on the right. Both wing midfielders can win this game for T&T if they use the wall passing effect with flank penetration with Cyrus on the right side and Edwards on the left.

The left footed Seattle Sounders craftsman has demonstrated some superb cohesive combination with his teammates at right midfield and wing back in his MLS team. The same is the case with Cato, both of whom are quick, skillful and will get to the opponents byline to provide that semifinal pass for a goal.

If their game is built upon this flank strategy, their crosses could meet the key forwards Molino, and anyone of Plaza, Boatswain, or Hashim Arcia.

No doubt, Panama will be looking for Kenwyne Jones and may well get the surprise of their lives with any of the three mentioned above. Jones can be left for the second half when the opposing defense will surely be slower than their first half. The half metre advantage gained by the fresher Kenwyne will serve the purpose. You must bear in mind that international football is expected to produce great performances.

However, the philosophy of each player will have to be the part of a collective policy, where running into spaces in support of the ball must be as important as taking opponents away in bad defensive positions.

Plans to know how, when, and where to be of service to your fellow players will bring distractions, defenses in disarray, and cause even the sturdiest defender to lose communication with his partner and cause vulnerability of the opponents.

Our solid midfield can swing the game in favour of the Warriors if only they do their jobs of reducing the effectiveness of Felipe Baloy, Alberto Quintero and Blas Perez.

Finally, support is vital to our national team, not only by attending the match but cheering on the lads and almost demanding from each of them, the 100 percent which they are promising to provide. Good luck, Warriors. Your nation is behind you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »
 :o   :devil:   :applause:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2017, 01:44:21 AM »
Soca Warriors earned all 3 points.

After two matches in this competition, and three months of ultimate failure to cope with the needed quality of football to be played in the hexagonal, T&T has had the opportunity to see some level of improvement and a victory in game number three against Panama.

The expression of joy is obvious and was expected so long as the lads put their heads down and respond positively to their new Coach.

Even the statistics which emanated from the match, divulged that the percentage of ball possession of both teams saw the home country having two per cent more in the first half while Panama was three per cent more in the second half.

That statistic does not always make logical sense.

The Soca Warriors appeared to be directed to start the game from Keeper Jan Williams by using the wing defenders, just to ensure that they can begin a methodical possession and work their way towards the opportunity of using either Joevin Jones or Cordell Cato.

The ploy was impressive in the early stages and the tempo of the early minutes saw the effectiveness of the two speedsters.

It also caused Panama to follow suit with starting their possession game with their defense as well.

The principle was overdone and the possession game meant little for either one.

Thanks to Kareem Hyland and Carlos Edwards for opening up passing options which included the use of Joevin on the left.

It was impressive and left the crowd with a feeling of methodical attacking from the flanks.

A few good chances came by because of this, and some penetrative opportunities through either side where Cato was also very assertive in his duties to discomfort the left wing back Quintero.

Two chances came by, the first with an attempted wall pass between Cato and Kevin Molino.

The Minnesota striker, who was enjoying the full use of the field with his mobility, failed to finish a half chance from within the penalty area.

Edwards was working well with a triangle that comprised Joevin and Kenwyne Jones.

The chemistry was attractive and effective.

The Panama defense may have been in panic mode for a while, seeing that their wing defenders Edgar Barcemas on the right and Quintero of the left were uncertain as to stop T&T flankers.

Then it came to fruition, when Hyland broke the slow methodical forward approach by our defense line and rushed forward, passing Olavve and Godoy before releasing an exquisite through pass into the pass of a diagonal run from Joevin and almost like clockwork, Molino started to plan for the third man running space just in time to stride into the path of Joevin’s pass.

The rest of his act was typical of his main area of strength.

He rushed towards a vacancy which was left by Armando Cooper, deceptively body shifted the main defender Torres and got enough space to hit his right footer clinically into the net. WOW.

The joys of the crowd brought an atmosphere which triggered off the teams as a whole, where skipper Kenywne was out jumping the Panamanian defenders and flicking diagonally backward to either Cato or Joevin.

It was attractive and gave a glimpse to the fans that there was more success for the Warriors.

A free kick just outside of the penalty area on a foul again Jones, brought an opportunity which may have excited both Hyland and the left footed J Jones.

Against the north easterly wind, my choice would have been hyland. But, who can deny Joevin a chance of sending his team further forward.

He did not, but sent the ball skyrocketing way overbar.

I have a concern that we used ten defenders in the penalty area defending our goal.

That’s a misjudgment, if only because, in the event of gaining possession by our players, there would have been no release players, causing the Panamanians to collect the ball and continue to place pressure in our half of the field.

Secondly, defending players, even seven of them with strong aerial capability should be trusted to win the battle of the crossed balls against a Panama which consist of two five footers and a reluctant keeper to leave the line.

As it is on two situations saw five Warriors awaiting crossed balls against one pint size Henriguez, in the first instant, and substitute Tejada in the other.

Unbelievably, on both occasion saw the opposition got their heads before all else.

However, As we say, “God is a Trini” and he saved the day.

The team was much more organised that we had seen in the recent past and gave the impression that better performances could be on the horizon.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
I look forward to reading Alvin Corneal's analysis of the 2 games
« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2017, 01:09:27 PM »
I expect it will be a bit "different"

but.....time will tell
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I look forward to reading Alvin Corneal's analysis of the 2 games
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »
Different how????? you know he will probably say it's ALL in the STARS and they played well and this is stark contrast to the PHASE we were in before which wasn't 2 good or good at all ;D ;D ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2017, 01:49:03 AM »
Great effort by Warriors.

After witnessing the first 20 minutes of the contest against Mexico, it would have been difficult to recognise the difference between the two teams. Maybe it was the most electrifying atmosphere that these young “Trinis” have experienced.

Our minds could easily have endorsed the realism with which coach Dennis Lawrence have progressed with the national team.

Mexico also had a similar opinion as they struggled to retain their usual chemistry in midfield because the speed, skill and mobility of Joevin Jones, Khaleem Hyland and Kevin Molino may well have been much more than Mexican coach Juan Carlos Osorio expected.

Initially, my observations were focused upon any adjustments to the errors from Friday’s game, and after ten minutes, the picture was positively different.

It was a joy to see the mixture of combination by the high profile players in the home team.

How wonderful it was to witness the coordination among the four defenders, their choices of passes and the changed approach of wanting to just make short passes within the vicinity of 40 metres from their goal-keeper Jan-Michael Williams.

This adjustment surely forced the Mexican midfield to think defensively and more so to make the long diagonal passes, from their own defense area, a pattern which they use when under pressure.

Once again the initiative by the local players was clearly gaining attention especially when the Jones duo, Joevin and Kenwyne, connected beautifully with the natural talents of the Mucurapo alumnis, Hyland and Molino.

The contest became so intense that neither team entered the penalty areas and created easy chances. They exchanged strategies in centre field and left too much room for any team to control for long.

Mexico’s patience was based upon the fact that they were not allowed luxuries of ball possession in the first half and were bothered by some swift moving forwards.

No doubt, the aggression and penetrative efforts by Cordell Cato and Joevin Jones created discomfort to the point that the Mexicans decided to play the ball in the opponents half of the field.

This caused the Warriors to have to make eight or nine passes to their opponents’ goal, a factor which brought them to the half time whistle without conceding a goal.

The discussions during the interval would have been targeted at getting victory.

Dennis Lawrence must have evaluated the Mexicans during the first half and so did the visitors to the home team.

Maybe the T&T camp was asked to increase the commitment, force the “Ole” squad to have more work than they had done previously.

Quietly, tactical second half changes by Mexico made a significant difference and with the wind behind their backs, they moved into a 4-4-2 system, stretched their passes through and over the physical capabilities of Hyland, Molino and Kevan George.

This created an unfamiliar pattern, with substitutes Carlos Velo and Gallardo joining Layun being instructed to attack through Mekeil Williams, a factor which needed some more defensive bodies for the Warriors.

The central defenders, both of whom were excellent for the better part of the game, were faced with two extra attacking players with the ability to take on opponents with consummate ease.

They held position in T&T half of the field, created four wonderful efforts, three of which were brilliantly saved by Williams, until a corner which Mexico had deliberately sent forward central defender Diego Reyes.

He casually started his run from outside the penalty area and rushed accurately into a space which was left by six defenders, placing a header into the top corner for the only goal of the match.

Not even the presence of Jamille Boatswain and Willis Plaza could have made an impact in the goal scoring department, as Mexico, with their bits of strategy and time wasting, played the possession game in T&T’s half of the field.

It is unfair to even believe that the Warriors did not play in the manner that coach Lawrence wanted, but when teams change strategy during a match, that is when the experience of players has to be crucial.

Admittedly, the only truly spot was the powerful strike from Joevin Jones which rocketed into the top corner of the net, but was surprisingly discarded by the assistant referee whose position at the time of his decision should not have allowed him to make the decision.

However, at the same time, only persons who were in line which could have provided the proof of the decision.

Nevertheless, have you ever seen a referee change his mind because of calls from the fans? Not even close.

Good defensive players, with proof of only conceding one goal, midfielders having over 40 per cent of possession, and attackers who caused the number 17 ranked football country in the world to change their pattern of play twice during the event in order to force a close victory.

That is with great effort.

Congratulations to Mexico and the Warriors have left us all with the feeling that our path to Russia is still very much possible.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l35VtPiarMM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l35VtPiarMM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2017, 03:56:21 AM »
I’m not let down.

Due to their pre-game preparations, the Soca Warriors appeared to have been more than ready for what the USA could produce, in terms of high altitude, increased ball speed and troublesome respiratory issues for the players. T&T went down 2-0 in a very tough, but competitive match-up.

Both teams recognised that any increased velocity during the early stages of the game may incite physical discomfort. After the first five minutes, which was filled with slow methodical build-up by both teams within their portions of the field, the quality of the game during that period appeared to demonstrate their intention of caution before aggression. But as time passed the USA recognised that coach Dennis Lawrence decided upon a “wait and see pattern” by rotating passes laterally and causing the opponents to chase from side to side.

There was good chemistry in the process as the back three of Daniel Cyrus, Sheldon Bateau and Mekeil Williams, showing a pattern of play which could have allowed five midfield players to combine ball possession and extra defensive strength.

Tactically, our system seemed to have been lopsided with Nathan Lewis, Mekiel Williams and Joevin Jones being left sided players. This was well done in defense, but the attacking process did not materialise. I was hoping and praying that the coaching staff made the decision to use a solid defender to mark the young German American Pulisic, whose goal scoring success over the past five matches should have invited the thought.

However, Hyland seemed to have been the player to do the job, but his first tackle on the youngster brought a serious warning from the referee early in the first half, a factor which would have received the signal to the former Mucurapo dynamo to transfer the responsibility to his defensive midfield partner Kevon George.

The plan did not work as Pulisic has a tremendous work rate and his blindsided runs towards the T&T goal, attracted the attention to the entire defense, causing space and time for Dempsey and Altidore to fire seven shots at Jean Michel Williams, whose brilliance showed up seven time in the first half alone, and if we understood the extra speed of the ball through the air space, you will appreciate the keeper’s brilliance even more.

It actually work as a challenge to keeper Tim Howard and as competent as he was in his career, he was forced into error when Hyland missed the target by centimetres, Edwards made him bungle a diving save, and misread Joevin Jones’ impeccable cross to Kenwyne Jones’ header. It was the gift of the night which may have turned the game the way of the visitors.

Unfortunately, two tactical errors brought victory for the USA. The both goals came from the right side for the USA with Nagbe making full use of the distorted defence line which Williams attempted to drift in central defence to offer some assistance. Pulisic’s blindsided run saw him rushing between two defenders and sliding the cross into the net. The second portion of his brace cam from the same position, but has tap in was much easier.

The statistics will show a two-nil victory, but the consolatory picture was a possible three goal opportunities for the Warriors and two of them before the Americans had scored. Possession percentage was almost equal, but an 8-5 advantage of goal chances gave the USA the victory they had worked for. Tough game, but home teams usually end up with a two-goal advantage if the teams are equal in strength.

Tuesday is another day and although Costa Rica was held to a draw by Panama the same night, our task is now more difficult, but not impossible. The game will be more exciting because both these teams will make use of skill and creativity rather than the robotic methods of the USA. Good luck Warriors.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2017, 08:41:43 AM »
Been a long time since I actually agree with a Corneal article
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2017, 10:05:48 AM »
I’m not let down.

Due to their pre-game preparations, the Soca Warriors appeared to have been more than ready for what the USA could produce, in terms of high altitude, increased ball speed and troublesome respiratory issues for the players. T&T went down 2-0 in a very tough, but competitive match-up.

Both teams recognised that any increased velocity during the early stages of the game may incite physical discomfort. After the first five minutes, which was filled with slow methodical build-up by both teams within their portions of the field, the quality of the game during that period appeared to demonstrate their intention of caution before aggression. But as time passed the USA recognised that coach Dennis Lawrence decided upon a “wait and see pattern” by rotating passes laterally and causing the opponents to chase from side to side.

There was good chemistry in the process as the back three of Daniel Cyrus, Sheldon Bateau and Mekeil Williams, showing a pattern of play which could have allowed five midfield players to combine ball possession and extra defensive strength.

Tactically, our system seemed to have been lopsided with Nathan Lewis, Mekiel Williams and Joevin Jones being left sided players. This was well done in defense, but the attacking process did not materialise. I was hoping and praying that the coaching staff made the decision to use a solid defender to mark the young German American Pulisic, whose goal scoring success over the past five matches should have invited the thought.

However, Hyland seemed to have been the player to do the job, but his first tackle on the youngster brought a serious warning from the referee early in the first half, a factor which would have received the signal to the former Mucurapo dynamo to transfer the responsibility to his defensive midfield partner Kevon George.

The plan did not work as Pulisic has a tremendous work rate and his blindsided runs towards the T&T goal, attracted the attention to the entire defense, causing space and time for Dempsey and Altidore to fire seven shots at Jean Michel Williams, whose brilliance showed up seven time in the first half alone, and if we understood the extra speed of the ball through the air space, you will appreciate the keeper’s brilliance even more.

It actually work as a challenge to keeper Tim Howard and as competent as he was in his career, he was forced into error when Hyland missed the target by centimetres, Edwards made him bungle a diving save, and misread Joevin Jones’ impeccable cross to Kenwyne Jones’ header. It was the gift of the night which may have turned the game the way of the visitors.

Unfortunately, two tactical errors brought victory for the USA. The both goals came from the right side for the USA with Nagbe making full use of the distorted defence line which Williams attempted to drift in central defence to offer some assistance. Pulisic’s blindsided run saw him rushing between two defenders and sliding the cross into the net. The second portion of his brace cam from the same position, but has tap in was much easier.

The statistics will show a two-nil victory, but the consolatory picture was a possible three goal opportunities for the Warriors and two of them before the Americans had scored. Possession percentage was almost equal, but an 8-5 advantage of goal chances gave the USA the victory they had worked for. Tough game, but home teams usually end up with a two-goal advantage if the teams are equal in strength.

Tuesday is another day and although Costa Rica was held to a draw by Panama the same night, our task is now more difficult, but not impossible. The game will be more exciting because both these teams will make use of skill and creativity rather than the robotic methods of the USA. Good luck Warriors.

I am personally not a fan of his opinions but most of what is said I agree. I just think that if you take the time to write such a piece, you should do the proper research. Christian Puliisic is not German American. He has a grand father that was Croatian. I am not sure what he was trying to infer by putting in that piece of information and not even getting it correct.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2017, 03:49:15 AM »
Little time to correct mistakes.

The eventual re­sult against Ecuador (3-1) was not as sta­tistically awful as it may appear, seeing that teams playing at home usually aim to show their opponents that their home advantage is often judged by a two goal strength in their favour.

This especially after they ensure that the playing conditions, their crowd support and the desire to win matches, players are driven to get the only acceptable result, a victory.

Dennis Lawrence used this exercise to take a closer look at the home-based players so that he can ob­serve the comparison between the overseas-based and those who were on show.

By his own admission, he admitted to simple er­rors made because of the inability of players failure to communicate quickly and accurately at crucial times, especially in defence. He also accepted the fact that his team was outplayed in the second half.

As I mentioned earlier, the desire of two more opponents may well have attempted to correct the errors and bring the quality of soccer closer to what he expect of the team.

However, his comment regarding the fact that the players will now be returning to their local clubs, which meant that he is unlikely to have them at practice sessions until a week from their official World Cup fixture against Honduras.

The acceptance of that arrangement would again deprive the former Everton coach of correction of faults which he mentioned in his interview, leaving the few days of training prior to the match to be difficult to get things right.

Maybe, this is a wonderful opportunity to get the players from the match to sit and view video areas of errors so that theoretically there may be better understanding of similar issues. His aim to explain the problems will be useful to add off the field training to his plan.

Many coaches do not attempt to demonstrate in the replays methods to correct tactical faults. The value for the least experienced players may well bring some cohesive patterns during the match which could be productive.

I have to admit that the biggest problem which confront the coaching staff is time for extensive tactical work on and off the field. My consolation is that the national team has played well at times in their previous matches, a factor which will certainly be expected on September 1 against Honduras.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2017, 01:40:12 AM »
Warriors defensive strategy poor.

To give any sort of report on the Panama versus the Soca Warriors match will make fans and supporters unhappy, disappointed and in some cases, give up hope for the future.

I humbly prefer to break this performance down to the reality of the picture which our players presented during the course of the game.

The game actually did not start when the whistle was blown to indicate the ball to being kicked off.

Of course, these points of view are from hindsight, except for the different team selection which was handed down one hour before the start.

My immediate observation was the choice of player personnel, not necessarily because of the talent of the players individually, but the implication which was recognised within a system formula of the great game.

After seeing the names of five competent central defenders on the starting eleven, immediately the impression from my point of view was that our performance will be based strategically on solid defence. Some may claim that five defenders will surely solidify our protection and ensure that no goals are scored.

With my sincere respect for two former English premier league defenders in our coaching staff, this was probably our most crucial error of judgement.

In football mathematics, five defenders will find much more difficulty to coordinate alongside each other, and all the problems will come from an absence of adequate communication among themselves especially when the tacking policies of the opponents will surely come from short quick diagonal runs in and around the individual players almost at the same time. The end picture was confusing, and although individual skill showed up at times for Kevin Molino and Joevin Jones to bring glorious chances to Willis Plaza three times in the first half, the formula deprived the real goal scorers no decent scoring opportunities.

Then there was the question of regaining ball possession. It was non existent. The players waited to see when Panama will make a mistake and hand a bad pass or two over to them.

The reality of choosing defensive ploys have actually been demonstrated by our English friends in the World Cup finals in 1966 in England. They sole the dimensional formula that four defensive players can cover the width of a field and also can develop defensive methods of being either defending or supporting.

The world accepted that concept and extended different formulas to fit the quality APand understanding of such a defence.

This move by our experts led to the weakness of our midfield, a factor which left that area to be occupied by one solitary defending midfielder in Kevon George and two of our effective goal scorers and creators in Molino and Jones plus a promising attacking midfielder in Nathan Lewis, whose skill within the opponents penalty area have been known to upset bigger defenders than the Panamanians have brought our goals at times.

Unfortunately, the original strategy failed, maybe not because of the implementation recommended by the technocrats, but because they have lost their way. During that time, Panama grew in confidence. They were faster to the ball, which was not difficult and after some awful mistakes by our defenders, the roof fell in and shadows of defeat were obvious.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2017, 08:23:48 AM »
With my sincere respect for two former English premier league defenders in our coaching staff, this was probably our most crucial error of judgement.

Who he talking bout? Sol Campbell and ???????

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alvin Corneal: The Caribbean’s coach
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2017, 06:13:21 PM »
Alvin Corneal: The Caribbean’s coach
By Erline Andrews (Caribbean Insight)

‘He’s done so much for the Caribbean when it comes to influencing the game.’

Corneal coached the national teams of T&T, Barbados, Guyana, St Vincent and St Kitts and Nevis

August 30, 1974 had such an impact Alvin Corneal that he devoted an entire chapter to it in his autobiography.

The Trinidad and Tobago Under-20 soccer team were competing in the semifinal round of the CONCACAF Youth Tournament. It was the first time T&T participated in the competition. Defending champs Mexico had already advanced to the final and the T&T team were confident of getting there as well. It would be the first time a team from the English-speaking Caribbean made it that far. Jamaica managed third place in 1970.

To beat that, T&T only had to get past two weaker teams—Cuba and the USA.

But on that day, Cuba surprised them by keeping things goalless until halftime then scoring later in the game. Caught off guard, the team weren’t able to equalise and, after beating the USA, had to settle for the bronze medal. (T&T would wait 16 more years before getting the silver in 1990, the first team from the English-speaking Caribbean to do so.)

Kendall Walkes, who Corneal described in the autobiography as an outstanding player and who went on to become a senior national player then a coach in the US, missed the chance to score with a free kick in the second half. But Corneal blamed himself for the debacle.

“While I felt confident of the way the lads played, I suppose my ego might have taken precedence over the reality of players getting over-confident,” he wrote.

“The atmosphere created by their behaviour led to complacency, and seeing Cuba was in the easier group with Canada and the USA, I was caught in the false world of premature success,” he added.

Asked via e-mail recently whether the experience was the biggest let-down of his coaching career, Corneal responded: “IT WAS. BECAUSE WE WOULD HAVE WON THE SILVER MEDAL RATHER THAN THE BRONZE IN THE FIRST EVER CONCACAF U20 COMPETITION.”

His use of all caps suggested strong feelings even now.

It was the only game the team lost during his time as head coach from 1973 to 1976.

Corneal, a former star player himself, went on to coach the senior team from 1979- 1982, when the team won its first Caribbean Nations Cup, then again for less than a year in 1990.

He coached the national teams of Barbados, Guyana, St Vincent and St Kitts and Nevis. Between 1983 and 1986 he coached the Pro-League team ASL. They topped the league for two years under his guidance. From 1993 to 1998, he spent time in North Carolina coaching the North Carolina State University women’s soccer team and a club team called the Raleigh Flyers.

KEY TO A TEAM’S SUCCESS
In a face-to-face interview, Corneal responded affirmatively when asked if coaching was the key to a team’s success.

“It’s the key. I tell you why,” he said. “Because when players on the field they’re not within their normal faculties. They’re tired. They’re disagreeable with one player or another. They’ve lost the ball, they’re disappointed. There are too many negatives inside of their mind for them to correct it at the moment. That’s why the coach needs to recognize these things and correct them as he goes along.”

“It’s like the importance of anybody who must be an example to the people with whom they are working or bringing up,” he said at another point in the interview. “It’s just like a mom or a dad bringing up kids. In this business, you’ve got to understand what you want out of those people.”

Corneal, in beige button-up T-shirt and knee-length pants, was standing at the periphery of the sports grounds in St Joseph. About 30 or so players with the Alcons Soccer Academy, which Corneal founded in 1969, were training behind him. The thud of the ball bouncing off feet and chests and shouted instructions and the occasional whistle from the assistant coach provided arrhythmic accompaniment as Corneal spoke.

Some of T&T’s best players have passed through Alcons, including Earl Carter and Russell Latapy, alumni of the Strike Squad, who in 1989 came heartbreakingly close to getting T&T to the World Cup for the first time, and Shaka Hislop, Stern John and Clayton Ince, who were part of the 2006 team that finally qualified. T&T still remains the smallest country to ever qualify.

The academy fields a team, the Malta Carib Alcons, which won the Caribbean Professional Football League in 1993 and have won the Eastern Football Association Premier Division title four times.

Players travel all over the world for matches. And through the connections Corneal has developed in the US some of them get sports scholarships to universities in that country.

Talent alone doesn’t make a good player, Corneal explained. Discipline and education are important too.

“These kids came in here when they were six and seven years old. So they’ve been here a long time,” said Corneal. “We want them to be good players but we want to get them scholarships. We also try to use this for the development of the kids, to understand what life is about. Good behaviour. Good social standing—you don’t want to see them cursing or in the bar or anything like this. A good education as well. We call their teachers all the time to find out how they’re going.”

As he spoke, one latecomer approached then stopped a short distance away, his young face earnest, his eyes trained on Corneal. “Permission to join the team, sir.” Corneal waved him on.

LEADERSHIP MATTERS
Corneal, 79, said former national senior team coach Stephen Hart, a Trinidadian who spent most of his life in Canada and who was fired last November, had been “doing a good job”, but criticised one aspect of his stewardship.

“Stephen Hart did not have in my opinion the conviction of saying to the good players, ‘Hey listen, is either you do it or I find somebody else to do it’,” said Corneal, who’s also a well-known sports broadcaster and newspaper columnist. He’s clearly unafraid to speak his mind.

“So long as you lose the respect of the players, it’s time to change,” Corneal continued. “He was doing a good job in my books. But he failed in the process of trying to maintain the kind of discipline and [decorum] which players need. These guys that went on a boat trip two days before a game and he still selected them and they still lost. Those are the things that make coaches make mistakes.”

Belgian Tom Saintfiet, the coach who followed Hart, resigned after one month and three lost games, including a humiliating first-time defeat to Nicaragua.

“They brought a guy who didn’t know the country. He didn’t have a clue,” said Corneal. “How do you know his weakness? [Trinidad and Tobago Football Association president David John-Williams] says, ‘If you don’t win these two matches you’re fired.’ No coach leaves their country to come here to get that.”

Corneal faulted the TTFA for how they choose coaches for the national teams.

“They pick a coach from out of England. They’ve never seen him. He does not know how the people of this country live,” he said. “He doesn’t know how the grounds are. He doesn’t know where to go and find a youth player. You go into the little villages and you see the little guys doing things. You say, ‘Okay, come with me and let’s get it better.’

“For a coach to be able to coach a country he’s got to be part of the country.” As happens regularly while speaking about a topic he’s clearly passionate about, Corneal’s tone thickened with conviction on the last few words.

He isn’t saying a foreign coach is always unacceptable. “There are great coaches who’ll come and the first thing they’ll do is they’ll take one or two people who are coaches from the country and say, ‘Tell me a little bit about this. Let me work together with you.’

“We don’t even ask the coach to show us a session like this”—he gestured to the players on the field—“to see if that coach can communicate.”

TROUBLED WATERS
There’s no love lost between the TTFA and Corneal. In 1982 TTFA general secretary Jack Warner, in a unilateral and controversial move, suddenly replaced him as senior national coach with Dutchman Jan Zwarthuis. Corneal learned of the action when he was contacted by the media in Spain, where he was attending the World Cup with the TTFA president and vice-president. He was offered the post of technical director but turned it down.

Corneal and four other members of the football fraternity who engineered an unsuccessful vote of no confidence in the TTFA executive were subsequently ostracised. Corneal claims in his memoir that there were attempts to get radio stations to stop giving him commentator gigs.

In 1990 Corneal was fired as national coach for a second time under contentious circumstances. In a letter to the media at the time, Corneal suggested he was axed in part because of unfavourable testimony he gave to the commission of enquiry into the overselling of tickets to the World Cup-qualifying game with the USA the year before.

The relationship between man and organisation seems to have improved little since then.

“The administrative structure in football is in total disarray. And if up there is broken down, don’t expect down here to work,” he said. “Somebody has got to reorganise it. Somebody has got to rethink it. They personalise everything so long as you criticise it.

“I don’t hate David John-Williams,” he continued. “But I know he doesn’t know anything about the game. I’m sorry for him. I told him so. I said, ‘David, you love the game but you don’t know the game.’ I told him, ‘If you want to be a good president get people who will sit down and study this game and make it better for you.’”

Since before John-Williams’ tenure and now during it, there has been a stream of news reports about problems in the TTFA, one of them being a seeming inability to regularly pay staff, including Corneal’s son, Anton, who resigned as technical director of the TTFA in 2014.

Corneal believes there needs to be more emphasis on coaching education and training in T&T.

In 1981, FIFA held a coaching instructors course for CONCACAF coaches in Trinidad. Corneal took part and graduated on top of the class. Years later he became an official FIFA coaching instructor, the first person from the Caribbean to do so. He’s since trained coaches all over the world.

“I did 47 coaches in the Caribbean in 20 years. T&T never requested one,” he said.

In his memoir, Corneal said the idea of coaching “gripped (his) imagination as early as age 20”. He was a multidisciplined athlete and at the time took stints on both the national football and cricket teams. He was a player on the first attempted West Indies football team in 1959 when the English coach, Harold Hobbis, made an observation.

“He said, ‘You play the way I believe that you can do coaching in ten years’ time’,” said Corneal.

He retired from international football in 1969 to focus on cricket in the hope of making the West Indies cricket team. When he wasn’t chosen, he joined an English team, International Cavaliers, and got his first coaching certification—a preliminary badge from the University of Exeter—while there. He built on his qualifications over the years.

Corneal’s son, Anton—an alumnus of the Alcons academy who in 1979 became the youngest player on the senior national team at 16—followed in his father’s footsteps. He’s coached the youth national teams and was assistant coach for the senior team. He was a technical development officer with FIFA and has organised coach-training programmes in T&T.

“He’s a legend,” he said of his father. “He’s formed the pathway for so many of us as coaches. These coaches are now all over the world. I worked the Caribbean in the last two-and-a-half years. I can’t say how many times I heard coaches say they started to coach and continued to coach because of the influence of my father. He’s done so much for the Caribbean when it comes to influencing the game.”

COACHING THE FUTURE
Corneal plans to do do what he can to make a difference in T&T football through coaching. The Alcons Academy, which he runs with Anton, is going to train coaches who are interested in using their skill in small communities. In a recent interview with sports show host and former T&T national soccer player Steve David, he described the programme as a “satellite expansion” of the academy

“I’m offering it to all the communities,” he said. “If they have one or two coaches, they can come in, and I will do the programmes with them. I’ll do it as long as they’re working in their communities.  We’re going to send some of our coaches into the communities to help them to build those teams.”

Alcons doesn’t charge for its training.

“Simply because of the fact that half of them cannot afford anything,” he said of participants. “All the other academies are trying to make money out of it. They’re going to get the middle income and upper income class. [At Alcons] so long as your behaviour is good and you can obey the rules that’s fine.”

Corneal remembers when there was only one World Cup qualifying spot for the entire CONCACAF. Now there are four spots and therefore more opportunities to qualify.

“We should be doing better,” he said of T&T.

“This is a country that beat Argentina before, we beat Colombia before, we beat Mexico before,” he said. “The Republic of Ireland came here just before the ‘86 World Cup—we beat them out at Arima. So nothing is wrong with our people and our football. It is wrong with the way it is led.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2017, 06:56:30 PM »
I think DJW is good for the game, BUT for his organization. NOT the TTFA. Many people disagree with Alvin, but he has a point there.

1]; } ?>