April 27, 2024, 05:24:45 PM

Author Topic: Watching the Brazil vs Argentina  (Read 5802 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Watching the Brazil vs Argentina
« on: September 09, 2009, 08:51:57 AM »
Watching the game again last night a few things struck me.

Just having good players on the field is not enough, when the opposition is of equal quality. Sometimes it will work out more than likely not.

Brazil are a solid unit, work as a team and are full of discipline. Though both central defenders can be erratic.
Argentina are very much an individualistic squad with neat interplay, but still very dependent on Messi. They also lack any width and are predictable because of it.
Why is Heinze and Veron on the park? Surely Gago is a better choice than the 95 year old Veron! Where is Higuain? Where is Zarate?
Fabiano is an amazing striker 25 goals in 33 International games. Say no more.
Kaka though man marked and kicked up by hatchet man Macherano, still conducted
his team with and without the ball.
Robinho??? Did he play? Dunga 1-800 Diego
Santos is a boss left back in the traditional Brazilian way.
Micon was shackled by Argentina ( a good tactic) until Diego made a poor sub.
Gilberto Silva and Melo are two masters of their position. Nutten fancy but efficient.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Watching the Brazil vs Argentina
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:14:00 AM »
Dunga build his foundation from the back,
He is a defensive person.

Just last year Brazil was struggling and was going to get replaced.

But if you noticed even though they was not winning big they was not giving up goals.

He was building the foundation.

Now they have the defensive foundation.

Two good center backs
Two defensive centermids (Melo and Gilberto)
Plus hard working ramirez

That is the core of the team, they win all the balls then just distribute to Kaka, Robiniho etc who will create chances
and Fabiano to finish.

Brazil done win the world cup

Only question is if they peak too soon

Now that they already qualify men will take some rest and be ready.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »

Just having good players on the field is not enough, when the opposition is of equal quality. Sometimes it will work out more than likely not.

Brazil are a solid unit, work as a team and are full of discipline. Though both central defenders can be erratic.
Argentina are very much an individualistic squad with neat interplay, but still very dependent on Messi. They also lack any width and are predictable because of it.
Why is Heinze and Veron on the park? Surely Gago is a better choice than the 95 year old Veron! Where is Higuain? Where is Zarate?
Gilberto Silva and Melo are two masters of their position. Nutten fancy but efficient.

Wha yuh tink bout Datolo?  Besides de goal dat is...which was of course...spectacular.

Also....does it make sense to play Messi, Tevez AND Arguero?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »

Wha yuh tink bout Datolo?  Besides de goal dat is...which was of course...spectacular.

Also....does it make sense to play Messi, Tevez AND Arguero?

My uneducated observation was that he was ok (yes the goal was amazing) With Maxi Rodrigues, Macherano and Gago it would have been a far better balanced MF. Aguero should be partnered with Zarate or Higuain, with Messi in the free role.
Walter Samuel would be a better fit with Otamendi, never liked Heinze as a full back and continue not to like him. The funny thing is he was an excellent Central Defender at PSG, maybe thats a thought !
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:53:53 AM »
I did not see the game , but did see the goals. Two of Brazil's goal were off rebounss. defence/GK did not clear. Same as two of the goals Hond. scored on TT. Yes Dunga develops his team from the back to the center. Like someone observed, two strong central defenders and two very efficient defensive mid fielders who are very comfortable bringing the ball forward. Then he has the luxury of the many wing back who can attack and also many choices of  offensive mids and forwards.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 11:25:15 AM »
Brazil could do with one more creative spark in the middle of the field...at the risk of upsetting their solid, disciplined approach I suppose...

On a good day with Robinho & Kaka on form, and with L.Fabiano sharp, they will beat teams badly with a ruthless counter attack and without flattering in possession...but on a bad day they will look very very stale and uninspired because the squad is not built around creativity and imagination but more around discipline, athleticism and speed on the counter.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »
was just talking about the game this morning with ah argentine pardner and he real sour...

His words:

"If thats what Brazil call a win.. Playing like Italy? well then so be it.."

now that is what yuh call sour grapes, lol..

Observer, i was having this discussion in the other thread, you doh find the Argie keeper coulda stay on his line for the last goal?

Also I might be nitpicking but for the 2nd goal i find he coulda hold that too..

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 11:56:33 AM »
was just talking about the game this morning with ah argentine pardner and he real sour...

His words:

Observer, i was having this discussion in the other thread, you doh find the Argie keeper coulda stay on his line for the last goal?

Also I might be nitpicking but for the 2nd goal i find he coulda hold that too..

I believe he felt he could of cut off the angle and when he realise the perfection of the pass and Fabiano already on it, it as too late. He could of stayed bigger though, and force Fabiano to go around him. He went down far too early, but what a finish. :notworthy:

Second goal difficult to say but dam the defense eh help.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 12:03:11 PM »

His words:

I believe he felt he could of cut off the angle and when he realise the perfection of the pass and Fabiano already on it, it as too late. He could of stayed bigger though, and force Fabiano to go around him. He went down far too early, but what a finish. :notworthy:

Fabiano showed a turn of speed I didn't know he had to score the 3rd....Either that or the defender was very slow...Great pass nevertheless. 

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 01:09:44 PM »
Brazil look real stale against Arg and still rest 3 on dem. Go figure.

Like I said after the confed cup. The end of the beautiful game.

Brazil have Diego who can't even make the side and Patowho can't get off the bench. But Robinho gettin sweat right thru.

Big steups

And d sad ting is dis side so stale dey just might win d world cup

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 01:15:01 PM »

His words:

Fabiano showed a turn of speed I didn't know he had to score the 3rd....Either that or the defender was very slow...Great pass nevertheless. 

Besides the BRILLIANT pass, that self was the key to the last goal.  Fabiano's speed.  The 'keeper did what he could and the only reason he would have gone down so quickly was because he, too thought he he had a chance at getting the ball but was beaten by Fabiano's speed. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 01:27:55 PM »
Brazil look real stale against Arg and still rest 3 on dem. Go figure.

Like I said after the confed cup. The end of the beautiful game.

Brazil have Diego who can't even make the side and Patowho can't get off the bench. But Robinho gettin sweat right thru.

Big steups

And d sad ting is dis side so stale dey just might win d world cup

Stale how exactly?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 02:32:06 PM »
stale in that i don't find their style attractive
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 02:36:16 PM »
Let Brazil start to lose and then we go really hear how stale they are?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »

They need R10 to get back in form... Brazil is a different side with him on the field.  The 1st 45 of the last friendly against Italy in London (before they shut down and started cruising) was how yuh want Brazil to look...Without R10 they are a different side...no jinga

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 02:45:44 PM »

Yuh ever see Brazil play jogo bonito when they attempting to qualify for a WC? They were in Argentina's yard trying to get points, not playing an exhibition game.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 02:53:27 PM »

They need R10 to get back in form... Brazil is a different side with him on the field.  The 1st 45 of the last friendly against Italy in London (before they shut down and started cruising) was how yuh want Brazil to look...Without R10 they are a different side...no jinga

Was just about to post the same thing :beermug:

I think that expecting to see Brazil play with style over substance in a WCQ match against Argentina in Argentina is pushing it.

Even so...a Brazilian side at d WC with Kaka, Ronaldinho and Robinho will rip up.

On a side note...Fabiano is lookin decent, the fat-man-upfront era is over for Brazil. Adriano is currently playin crap for Flamengo (and as usual is pretty average for Brazil) so I doubt he could force his way back in front of Fabiano.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 02:55:06 PM by Ryan »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 02:53:54 PM »

Yuh ever see Brazil play jogo bonito when they attempting to qualify for a WC? They were in Argentina's yard trying to get points, not playing an exhibition game.

Good point

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 02:56:16 PM »

You need to give up on that Ronaldinho dream. He not coming back.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 03:04:06 PM »
It still have space on dat Brazil jersey for another star.
Doh matter they not looking pretty, they winning.
Pretty eh gettin dem dat next star atoll. Is hustle.
Everybody on dat current team does hustle.
So Ronaldinho eh making dat team atoll. He too 4kin lazy.

Can anyone think of another player to achieve such greatness and just fall off juss-so juss-so?
Look at R-9, for all the injuries, he came back each time. I am so disappointed in R'dinho.
Toujour Pret!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 03:05:31 PM »

You need to give up on that Ronaldinho dream. He not coming back.

lol...doh say that nuh...

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 03:13:21 PM »
smells like '94 ENT! check the suspects man for man....even using Rai=Ronaldinho ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 04:15:25 PM »
On a side note...Fabiano is lookin decent, the fat-man-upfront era is over for Brazil. Adriano is currently playin crap for Flamengo (and as usual is pretty average for Brazil) so I doubt he could force his way back in front of Fabiano.

Pato have next.  Fabiano....den Pato....den whoever.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 04:52:28 PM »

Pato have next.  Fabiano....den Pato....den whoever.

Nah, Adriano is still ahead of Pato in d pecking order in Dunga's eyes, in spite of his Heskey-esque performances.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 05:01:37 PM »
Ryan,
          Andriano is a striker, somebody has to bring the ball half-way for him. Flamengo attack mid  and attack is weak at the moment. Andriano sometime does be up front by himself fighting up with 3 and 4 men.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »
I like my stale Brazil because style dont win World Cup, style is only for friendlies or when you are up 4-0 with 15 minutes left in the game.  For the past 2 - 3 years Argentina have plenty style and they have not won any major trophies.

I am still not impressed by Andre Santos but he has enough time to improve and he is way better than Kleber and he is better defensively than Marcelo but Marcelo is better offensively.

Gilberto age is a big concern, can he last the entire tournament.  The rest of the starting eleven is good to go.  I prefer Pato over Adriano but Dunga appears set on Adriano as of now.  As for Ronaldinho, he has this season to get back in shape otherwise Dunga will leave him home without thinking twice.  I hope he gets back in shape but he will have to accept it is now Kaka's team.

Fabiano is not an exciting player (i.e. R9, Robinho, Kaka, etc.) but he knows how to do the most important thing, put the blasted ball in the back of the net.  If I was picking the team, Fabiano will be the 3rd name on the teamsheet after Kaka and Julio Cesar.

This Brazil team is definitely the best in the world right now when you are talking about getting the job done.  My only concern as a fan is they don't ever win the Wolrd Cup when they are the favourites.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 07:13:57 PM »
Fabiano earn his spot.

Robinho could ride doh and let in Diego

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 07:25:40 PM »
i agree marcos...especially if he continue to rip up for juve

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 07:40:03 PM »
Brazil have real talent up frot, men like Nilmar and Rafael Sobis cant even get ah sweat. 

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »

Was just about to post the same thing :beermug:

I think that expecting to see Brazil play with style over substance in a WCQ match against Argentina in Argentina is pushing it.

Even so...a Brazilian side at d WC with Kaka, Ronaldinho and Robinho will rip up.

Even thought fat Ronaldo still was Brazils top scorer in 2006 WC  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>