March 29, 2024, 09:13:54 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker no longer coach of Poland  (Read 7101 times)

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Beenie still a T&T Adviser?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 01:48:28 PM »
ah read on the express that poland fire beenie after that 3-0 loss yesterday
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
He advise we to not call him again.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh lawwwddd man...ah trying to be depressed here.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah read on the express that poland fire beenie after that 3-0 loss yesterday

Jaden yuh late....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker no longer coach of Poland
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »
Sarcasm?...nice back tracking Miss Co4qing sign.   :rotfl:  You and Zandolie did not even know bout dis till ah post de link.  Why de two of you doh go and jump back in allyuh dilapidated hole and come back out when it safe.  Sarcasm my ass.  Weary yuh must be looking for de next Dave Jenny Award.  Yuh have no shame.  Is wrong and strong wha allyuh was playing yesterday without knowing de facts.  Yuh shoulda go and hide when yuh had a chance.  Instead, yuh come back out to defend yuh dotishness.  If I doh know, I does say I doh know.  That's the right thing to do...not back track and twist thing round like yuh really knew de facts of wha I was talking bout in de first place.  Nice try.  Now do wha yuh only know how to do in dat wasted life of yours and write - COSIGN - under meh reply and gone up with allyuhself.  I hope current go in allyuh area for a whole week so we could take a vacation from yuh tata. 

U c I have ovah 16000 post and I eh go know dat Beenie was suppose 2 b we adviser boi go back under d hole u crawl out from. I sure Tman or Flex could find post where I commented bout that when he was appointed
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:46:35 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 02:50:23 PM »
I found it myself

on: July 11, 2006, 09:32:15 PM 
If Poland does well and they keep him and he stays he give up the consulatncy pay check.

the best thing about the deal is taht we have some continuity. 2010 we comin 4 them
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:01:56 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »
‘Fired’ Coach Leo Beenhakker Slams Polish FA
The Dutch coach has hit out at his former employers...
Sep 10, 2009 4:32:36 PM
 Photo GalleryZoom
Leo Beenhakker
Related Links
Teams
Poland
Players
Leo Beenhakker
Experienced Dutch manager Leo Beenhakker was seemingly sacked as Poland's national team coach after their 3-0 World Cup qualifying defeat against Slovenia on Wednesday, and he is evidently unhappy with the situation.

"I have seen some crazy stuff during my long career, but the Polish FA have outdone everything I have seen so far. We never stood a chance against Slovenia and deserved the loss," Beenhakker told Dutch football magazine Voetbal International.

"However, things went crazy after the final whistle. I was giving an interview to a TV station and Grzegorz Lato, president of the Polish FA, announced my departure to another TV station three meters to the right. He did not even speak to me before his announcement.

"He came up to me a couple of hours later and he had clearly had too much alcohol. He apologised for what he had said on TV and invited me the next morning for a meeting in his office to discuss what will happen next.

"Apparently, he does not even have the ability to fire me without speaking to the rest of the board of the Polish FA. It now turns out that I am not sacked after all.

"Nevertheless, I am not coming back for the final two matches. I feel sorry for the players, as they are all fantastic people, but the people surrounding the national team are a bunch of amateurs."

Stefan Coerts,
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »
‘Fired’ Coach Leo Beenhakker Slams Polish FA
The Dutch coach has hit out at his former employers...
Sep 10, 2009 4:32:36 PM
 Photo GalleryZoom
Leo Beenhakker
Related Links
Teams
Poland
Players
Leo Beenhakker
Experienced Dutch manager Leo Beenhakker was seemingly sacked as Poland's national team coach after their 3-0 World Cup qualifying defeat against Slovenia on Wednesday, and he is evidently unhappy with the situation.

"I have seen some crazy stuff during my long career, but the Polish FA have outdone everything I have seen so far. We never stood a chance against Slovenia and deserved the loss," Beenhakker told Dutch football magazine Voetbal International.

"However, things went crazy after the final whistle. I was giving an interview to a TV station and Grzegorz Lato, president of the Polish FA, announced my departure to another TV station three meters to the right. He did not even speak to me before his announcement.

"He came up to me a couple of hours later and he had clearly had too much alcohol. He apologised for what he had said on TV and invited me the next morning for a meeting in his office to discuss what will happen next.

"Apparently, he does not even have the ability to fire me without speaking to the rest of the board of the Polish FA. It now turns out that I am not sacked after all.

"Nevertheless, I am not coming back for the final two matches. I feel sorry for the players, as they are all fantastic people, but the people surrounding the national team are a bunch of amateurs."

Stefan Coerts,

:rotfl:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »
Wowzers a Federation that's worse than ours...

Come back Leo! take a 4 years in the Sun and take us to Brazil

Anyway we need a Coach like Don Leo for the next campaign... european (english speaking) top class coach who can get the respect of the players and have them improve and become a good team in Concacaf ..also he has to be tough and not take on the shit the TTFF will do

I done with local coaches... Latapy have the best chance to become our best local coach.. he hadda get out and learn the trade and in a 10 years..maybe again

I feel Vranes getting the job till 2012 then we will bring in a top act .. cuz 4 years too expensive for the TTFF

WASTE OF f**kING TIME (ie TTFF)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »
Wowzers a Federation that's worse than ours...

Come back Leo! take a 4 years in the Sun and take us to Brazil

Anyway we need a Coach like Don Leo for the next campaign... european (english speaking) top class coach who can get the respect of the players and have them improve and become a good team in Concacaf ..also he has to be tough and not take on the shit the TTFF will do

I done with local coaches... Latapy have the best chance to become our best local coach.. he hadda get out and learn the trade and in a 10 years..maybe again

I feel Vranes getting the job till 2012 then we will bring in a top act .. cuz 4 years too expensive for the TTFF

WASTE OF f**kING TIME (ie TTFF)

Nah Latas gettin d team till 2012 then dey go bring in some foreign fella who hopefully could speak English.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 03:58:09 PM »
if we could somehow entice Beenie into coming back latas could well be his assistant. latas could likely learn alot in the role and we have a very compitent coach leading the team.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »
if we could somehow entice Beenie into coming back latas could well be his assistant. latas could likely learn alot in the role and we have a very compitent coach leading the team.

Not goin 2 happen lets move on

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »
If latas could coach the way he did tonight and organize the team well, with the right team selection, then i believe he could spring ah nice team to compete for 2014.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

ah never tort i wud ever see a post like dis from u. JC, yuh full of suprises

;D

Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »
He advise we to not call him again.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »
We would do well to get Beenhakker serving an advisory role on coach selection, he understands what a coach needs to be successful more than anybody.

Except we already have coach selection committe. It name Jack Warner
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »
What TT players showed me last night is that they need someone to keep a fire under their butts, because they showed that they could play with anyone if they have the right fitness and team on the field.  Despite the loss, that was the best effort of the campaign and should be the first team for the next few years.  It  also showed that the more they play together the better they are.  BTW, has anyone wondered what Yorke being next to Latapy might have had to do with the performance?  I think Yorke would make a better coach.  Personality and leadership skills are qualities hardly learned but bequeathed at birth!  And please, can we get some frequent friendlies?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »
Beenhakker pays price for Poland's World Cup failure

Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker was on Thursday sacked as Poland coach after their failure to reach the 2010 World Cup finals, national football federation chief Grzegorz Lato said.

The 67-year-old former Dutch national coach was axed after the side crashed 3-0 away to Slovenia on Wednesday.

The Slovenia game, which came after a sloppy 1-1 draw at home on Saturday to Northern Ireland, left Poland second-from-bottom of Group Three and mathematically unable to catch up in their two remaining games against leaders Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You Want A Better Coach Then Bob Bradley For The Nats? Here Is My Choice
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 04:53:30 AM »
You Want A Better Coach Then Bob Bradley For The Nats? Here Is My Choice
By Daniel Feuerstein (majorleaguesoccertalk.com)

Yes the USA is very close to qualifying for the 2010 World Cup for next summer and this coming October there will be two more matches remaining for the Nats when they visit Honduras on the 10th & home against Costa Rica on the 14th. Once the official word comes from FIFA that our boys have qualified for South Africa then we can watch the World Cup Draw this coming December 5th. Bob Bradley will be leading the boys whether most of us care or not.

If everyone listened to the latest podcast hosted by Kartik Krishnaiyer, once again a healthy discussion about the game here in the United States and how can the people inside soccer house have a real brain in hiring the right coach to lead our players to a better performance on the field. Well I can tell all of you who are demanding a better coach from Europe and of course are going to tell me that it should be Wenger, Sir Alex, Benitez, Mourinho, Hiddink and so on that they are from the top clubs or a top European side won’t be coming here. After the debacle of trying to sign Jurgen Klinsmann to lead our players by Sunil Gulati I can guarantee you they won’t be coming over here since all US Soccer does care about is the power.

While most of you are still screaming for Bradley getting axed and can’t give me a name outside of the fantasy realm to lead our National Team, I have found someone who has had some success in Europe and some success in CONCACAF. Yes he is Dutch and he just recently was let go by the Polish FA, but I believe he can help turn the fortunes of US Soccer around for the future. He is the former head coach of Real Madrid, Ajax & Feyenoord Leo Beenhakker.

This man that led a Trinidad & Tobago side into the last World Cup after going thru a goal aggregate playoff against Bahrain and winning it to advance. They were drawn into group B playing against Sweden, were down a man when Avery John was shown a second yellow card for red in the 46th minute and earned a scoreless draw. They held off England scoreless till an 83rd minute goal by Peter Crouch & sadly an own goal in the 25th minute allowing Paraguay to have a lead and the win but both sides were already eliminated during group play.

But here is my other belief that Beenhakker is a strong candidate to replace Bradley as the head coach, he actually praised Major League Soccer as a strong league. While coaching the Polish National Team he told one of his players to come to MLS and try to get fit. This man also knows the in’s & out’s of CONCACAF as he has seen plenty of matches for the Soca Warriors both in the 2005 Gold Cup tournament and the remaining World Cup Qualifiers they had to perform in.

Right away I can name you his assistant coach that can help him out with training, scouting & other issues that will plague Beenhakker as he gets use to his new surroundings. Current US U-20 National Team coach Thomas Rongen who has plenty of experience in MLS as the head coach of the former Tampa Bay Mutiny, DC United & a short stint with Chivas-USA. Before he got into coaching Rongen was a former Ajax player and then came over to the USA in 1979. He played with clubs in the NASL like the Washington Diplomats, Los Angeles Aztecs & Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. Rongen can still keep his U-20 coaching job and help the youth players advance towards the senior side with Beenhakker’s formations & tactics.

The main question if Beenhakker does decide to take the job and if US Soccer doesn’t botch it up is the length of stay for the Dutchman. I honestly believe a cycle for him is not enough to get his message across. The brass at US Soccer must give him two cycles to make sure that our boys are prepared and ready to fight on the field. At the same time he has to be the man in charge to tell a player that is looking lazy on the field or in training that he has no time for their shenanigans. While I don’t mind Bradley defending some of his players from the press for a bad match, sometimes he hasn’t put his foot down hard enough.

This in my view is the man to take over the Bob Bradley era after the 2010 World Cup. If some of you good folks have a better man to take over the job then go ahead and list them, but let’s not bring up the ones that everyone dreams about, because those men are to high for US Soccer to reach and will never leave their cushy jobs to come here.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2009, 06:48:02 AM »
Funny thing about Beenie. T&T end up with Beenie as coach by default, it was a fluke. If allyuh remember Jack actually made a choice of Ron Atkinson, with Atkinson even claiming he had a contract. If it was not for Shaka and Dwight protest, Beenie would have never seen these shores. Jack made his best decision by mistake  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2009, 06:51:07 AM »
You'll ain't see Jack say he going local-Latapy and Yorke.He must be running out of the '06 money.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 06:52:22 AM »
Funny thing about Beenie. T&T end up with Beenie as coach by default, it was a fluke. If allyuh remember Jack actually made a choice of Ron Atkinson, with Atkinson even claiming he had a contract. If it was not for Shaka and Dwight protest, Beenie would have never seen these shores. Jack made his best decision by mistake  ;D

So it does go sometime.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009, 01:39:06 PM »

to Bafana Bafana???

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=19&art_id=vn20090922141144536C301818

On Monday another name was added to the mix when Dutch TV show Studio Voetbal reported that Safa were considering experienced Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker. The 67-year-old Dutchman was recently in SA as the coach of Poland.

His impressive CV includes stints as coach of Ajax Amsterdam, Feyenoord, Real Madrid, Real Zaragoza and Club America. He took Poland to Euro 2008 and Trinidad & Tobago to the 2006 World Cup.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Where was all de heated discussion here when Poland fire Beenie?
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
I just thought that it was kinda casually discussed and ah expected more. Some men say that we should have a statue built for Beenie and others say any top level coach could have done what Beenie did for us in 2005/2006. His success/failure with big clubs/national teams has been debated quite a bit, but with all de action in de various European leagues/Champions League/World Cup qualifying....I assumed I would have heard about our hero Beenie quite a bit more
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Where was all de heated discussion here when Poland fire Beenie?
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
I just thought that it was kinda casually discussed and ah expected more. Some men say that we should have a statue built for Beenie and others say any top level coach could have done what Beenie did for us in 2005/2006. His success/failure with big clubs/national teams has been debated quite a bit, but with all de action in de various European leagues/Champions League/World Cup qualifying....I assumed I would have heard about our hero Beenie quite a bit more

You heard what happened?

Check it here:

Beenhakker fired live on TV by Lato after week of waste

© Zureks
[Beenhakker lashed out at Lato over sacking 

(2009-09-11) National football coach, Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, was sensationally fired live on TV on Wednesday evening after Poland’s hopes of making next year’s World Cup finals in South Africa were virtually extinguished after an insipid display in Slovenia.

Following on from Saturday’s 1-1 home draw against Northern Ireland, Poland went down 3-0 in Maribor making qualification virtually impossible regardless of the results of their final 2 Group 3 games.

The forgettable evening, which saw a performance from the national side which showed a complete absence of passion and skill, took a humiliating turn once the match was over. Beenhakker, who doesn’t speak Polish and communicated with the players via English, German and Dutch, was standing pitch-side with a journalist from the daily Rzeczpospolita newspaper. Yards away, PZPN president Grzegorz Lato, Golden Boot winner at the 1974 World Cup, was being interviewed by national TV broadcaster TVP. Quoted on TVN24, Beenhakker explained what then took place.

“I was stood on the pitch waiting for an interview and the reporter translated for me the conversation which, just three metres away, was taking place with the president of PZPN. I heard “Hey, looks like you’ve been sacked.” Afterwards Lato came over to me and invited me to come on Tuesday for a chat. Is that his class? Did he have too much to drink? I won’t exchange a single word with him now and I won’t shake his hand. I am the first person to take responsibility for how the national team played. I should be sacked but not in such a way. This isn’t level zero. This is level minus 5.”

Beenhakker was clearly upset at the post match press conference and pledged to have finished with Poland. This met with the question about how he could be officially sacked if he wasn’t going to meet anyone from PZPN. “Email” he answered. “Most matters were dealt with in this way. There is nothing to discuss. They pay me two months money and that’s it.”

Beenhakker returned to Amsterdam that evening where he launched a scathing attack on radio against Lato and the PZPN accusing them of a lack of culture and repeating the accusation that Lato must have been feeling the effects of high emotion and too much alcohol to have made the announcement on live TV without having first spoken to him.

Speaking to TVN 24 Lato admitted his imprudence. ‘I regret the words I said in the heat of the moment, but I’m also human and just want Poland to play in the World Cup. I should have told him first, then gone to the journalists’. Lato has already stated a replacement will be announced next week, with Franciszek Szmuda, Henryk Kasperczak, Stefan Majewski and Mateusz Skorza all identified as possible candidates.

With World Cup qualification unlikely, whoever succeeds will be under orders to put out of the fires and restore confidence ahead of Euro 2012.

Source:

Yuh tink dem peeps easy?   :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>