March 28, 2024, 01:14:40 PM

Author Topic: Stats don't lie! Stern John 2005 vs Kenwyne Jones 2009  (Read 8269 times)

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Stats don't lie! Stern John 2005 vs Kenwyne Jones 2009
« on: September 09, 2009, 08:45:46 PM »
I was Stern John biggest fan during the 2005 campaign and was constantly abused about my loyalty but at least i was supporting a player who was performing for their country.
Back then people was raving about Kenwyne Jones and he is better and he not getting a chance to show it.
However my answer was the stats don't lie.
So let us look at stats, in 2005 Stern was leading our front line, after 8 games in the Hex, We scored 7 goals of which Stern scored 3 goal just  under 50%.
By the end of the Hex we scored 10 goals Stern scored 6 just over 50% leading us to the playoff with Bahrain.
Now let us look at 2009 Kenwyne is leading our front line, after 8 games in the Hex we have scored  8 goals of which Kenwyne have scored none exactly 0%.
However I don't hear hte ppl calling for his head.
Therefore tell me what you think and who you choose?

Troy  8)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:00:24 PM by troy piloy »
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: Stats don't lie! Stern John 2005 vs Kenwyne Jones 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 08:48:25 PM »
the constant abuse used to make stern step up his game

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 08:59:06 PM »
the constant abuse used to make stern step up his game

well we need to abuse KJ, as a matter of fact abuse the entire team and see if it works.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:14:56 PM »
Long Live Stern John

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:19:43 PM »
this is not even call for KJ is just 24 and no means what Stern John was for our country i mean come on he is our Legendary Striker 69 goals why compare him with KJ? who have 4? i think KJ will be 28 next time around i think he would be much better with more experience and some more skills and determination...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:43:22 PM »
What about Stern John 2005 to Stern John 2009?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »
Two goals for the campaign. that still eh bad .
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »
kenwyn jones is not a striker, he is a player without a position. he is not comfortable in front the goal. just because he has size the english put him infront but it is like fitting a square in a trinagle. he has no touches, cah control and lack the prowess and instinct as a striker.

how in the world he starts for tnt amazes me. stern produced, his numbers showed for himself, yes later on he slowed up with age but he was class. people saying kj is only 24 but in modern football stars produce at that age, at 24 stern was a star producing goals.

i do not see kj getting much better until he gets a position he is comfortable. where that is i do not know.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 10:24:30 PM »
W/e guys KJ eh score again he still had a good game tonite it was an improvement... I hoping KJ have a great year in the EPL if he was so much shit and just size he wouldn't be demanding 20+mil from ppl so stop talking all that shit...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 10:28:40 PM »
my god...this is like comparing Ruud with Bentdner

Stern John= LEGEND...69 in 109 and will rise to the occasion and get the job done

KJ = Waste of Time that will never play his heart out for T&T and possibly retire by year's end

Stern missing the last 5 games were a huge factor... vs CR at home and today we would have gotten the points.

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 10:35:17 PM »
good game by kj, what all yuh is consider good. did he score, did he assist, did he really change the game. one time i saw tinto had a break away and he pass kj and home boy standup and did not run to give support, i was like that dude lazy. yes he did one or two things ok, held up the ball once and passed it off, another itme he distributed the ball wide, yes he had a header but for the most part he was missing in action. good u say. your standardsa too high dred.

if the englsih want 20 million for him, that means the english like him for his size etc, he could head the ball etc and if the market want tate him 20 million then so be it but he still not a rated player, to tell you the truth he is not rated 20 million, tevez and adebayor is rated 25 million and is way better than kj.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »
I remember a friendly match against Bermuda in 2005. We won 4-0. Stern missed a bag of goals and people booed him at half time. I expressed my disgust at their behaviour and ended up having to defending Stern for the rest of game. I pull every stat and fact I could retrieve from memory it wasn't enough for them (by this time a sizeable number of 'fans' around me. Stern eventually scored in that match. We were about to play Panama in a must win game at home and I made note that if anybody was going to score in the game it would be Stern. SJ went on to open the scoring and provide the pass for Lawrence against Panama in 2005. I ain't bothering to talk about the rest.

Big players step in big matches. Nobody, NOBODY has done what SJ has done for T&T. Long Live Stern John.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »
good game by kj, what all yuh is consider good. did he score, did he assist, did he really change the game. one time i saw tinto had a break away and he pass kj and home boy standup and did not run to give support, i was like that dude lazy. yes he did one or two things ok, held up the ball once and passed it off, another itme he distributed the ball wide, yes he had a header but for the most part he was missing in action. good u say. your standardsa too high dred.

if the englsih want 20 million for him, that means the english like him for his size etc, he could head the ball etc and if the market want tate him 20 million then so be it but he still not a rated player, to tell you the truth he is not rated 20 million, tevez and adebayor is rated 25 million and is way better than kj.
Man u think he go be demanding so much attention if he wasn't a striker just to be a big brick wall steups aight man i don't even know why i reply to that nah he eh perfoming well for T&T true talks got all the right to bash him... but don't call him a shit player cause he is generally a good player and currently our number 1 striker/player in terms of club level and playing time for T&T...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 11:36:34 PM »
Long Live Stern John

I always said SJ was/is my horse!! Long Live Stern John!!...in trute
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 11:38:11 PM »

he still had more goals than KJ.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 12:10:09 AM »
great memories of the game against guatemala in '05... at halftime 3/4 of the uncovered stands was bawling for stern to come off as the team was walking off the field... he had every right to cuss all of us when he made it 3-2. lol

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 12:42:57 AM »
this is not even call for KJ is just 24 and no means what Stern John was for our country i mean come on he is our Legendary Striker 69 goals why compare him with KJ? who have 4? i think KJ will be 28 next time around i think he would be much better with more experience and some more skills and determination...

That's the Spirit d Boss!

W/e guys KJ eh score again he still had a good game tonite it was an improvement... I hoping KJ have a great year in the EPL if he was so much shit and just size he wouldn't be demanding 20+mil from ppl so stop talking all that shit...

I share the same sentiments! Anyway KJ use all this small talk tuh better yuh situation & continue to make a very very comfortable level of livin fuh yuhself & yuh family bigman!!

Ps yes stats doh lie but paper doh lie too...ah wuh allyuh compare KJ  paper tuh SJ own too...cuz ah cyar understand how allyuh only fightin down d man so ras...d man style of play as ah forward really doh suit TnT but is not he fault d coach ask him tuh play that role and it not workin out fuh d best...coachman hatta see that and tweak things a lil to help him to succeed...cuz whether allyuh like it or not d man is d present & future of TnT ball..Anyway KJ go back tuh yuh niche hoss & continue to bang dem een fuh yuh team...blessings!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 01:15:15 AM »
my name ...my name is....de de de de ...Stern John

allyuh ungrateful fu#kers

football have something callled a goal scorer...nah...he lazy...he does look lazy scoring...

take yuh work rate and stupidity
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 01:50:46 AM »
I don't really like STERN. But you know what he delivered when it mattered and that is what counts. :salute:

KJ. - HE DOES NOT DELIVER. He have height, does not use it effectively. Smaller man than he winning the ball in the air. :puking: :bs:

We men not making overlapping passes, just rely on Carlos to cross a ball and when no one there nobody will score.

I will liken Stern a bit to Defoe and KJ ah bit to Husky. Watch the last couple England games especially the  Croatia qualifier you will see what ah mean

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 04:17:00 AM »
is yank u trying to yank? or it really have a player named "huskey"..................should be heskey by the way
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 04:47:39 AM »
One ting is for sure. If Stern was de one who got de same chance as Kenwyne wit de header last night, and he didn't score it, man woulda say how Stern cause we to lose de match.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 05:25:49 AM »
I asked Kenwyne after the game how does he feel that people think that he does not give his all for his country and he replied.........."i dont care"

But these players performances are a lot deeper than that.........if anyone is to blame, its the TTFF, they treat the players like shit!!

More details to follow!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 05:36:35 AM »
Big Post!
Absolutely no comparison.
KJ is now what Dwight was for T&T in the 90's.

You could have seen he tried yesterday, but thats not enough at this level.

T&T effectively is recovering from losing 3 of its biggest legends, Yorke, Latas and Stern.
The team was always going to struggle. But we had hope.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 07:29:14 AM »
We need Stern as much as we need the PNM for another 4 years.

Lest we forget:

Més que un club.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 07:56:29 AM »
kenwyn jones is not a striker, he is a player without a position. he is not comfortable in front the goal. just because he has size the english put him infront but it is like fitting a square in a trinagle. he has no touches, cah control and lack the prowess and instinct as a striker.
how in the world he starts for tnt amazes me. stern produced, his numbers showed for himself, yes later on he slowed up with age but he was class. people saying kj is only 24 but in modern football stars produce at that age, at 24 stern was a star producing goals.

i do not see kj getting much better until he gets a position he is comfortable. where that is i do not know.

big post. he needs to play defense...the position he started off playing as a youth!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 08:48:40 AM »

Stern John= LEGEND...69 in 109 and will rise to the occasion and get the job done

KJ = Waste of Time that will never play his heart out for T&T and possibly retire by year's end

Stern missing the last 5 games were a huge factor... vs CR at home and today we would have gotten the points.

Name the teams them 69 goals came from nah?

Berris go easy eh, just trying to bring some reality.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 08:55:52 AM »
Kenwyne have scored none exactly 0%.

You hadda be deaf, blind or cyah read...There's a thread dedicated to plea to drop KJ. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 08:57:06 AM »

oh wait, i see your point, he didnt score goals against Brazil and Germany when we played against them in CONCACAF qualifying?

he could only score on what put in front him. steups

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 08:58:18 AM »
I was Stern John biggest fan during the 2005 campaign and was constantly abused about my loyalty but at least i was supporting a player who was performing for their country.
Back then people was raving about Kenwyne Jones and he is better and he not getting a chance to show it.
However my answer was the stats don't lie.
So let us look at stats, in 2005 Stern was leading our front line, after 8 games in the Hex, We scored 7 goals of which Stern scored 3 goal just  under 50%.
By the end of the Hex we scored 10 goals Stern scored 6 just over 50% leading us to the playoff with Bahrain.
Now let us look at 2009 Kenwyne is leading our front line, after 8 games in the Hex we have scored  8 goals of which Kenwyne have scored none exactly 0%.
Therefore tell me what you think and who you choose?

Troy :rotfl:

and this also does not mention how crucial his goals were. a goal in Costa Rica to earn a point. two against panama in the dying minutes to keep us alive. two against  mexico to earn us a berth against bahrain.
and also when all the 'heroes' couldnt be found stern was there - making him the 2nd highest capped man in trinbago history.

but say what he is a shithound in most ppl eyes. and carlos edwards who cyah make a decent cross is as holy as buddha

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »

Colombia, South Africa, Egypt, Scotland, Wales, Finland, Venezuela, Iraq, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Cuba, Barbados, Bermuda, Dominican Republic, Dominica, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, St. Kitts & Nevis, Antigua & Barbuda, Cayman Islands
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>