April 28, 2024, 06:19:30 AM

Author Topic: U-20s win 4-0 in Egypt warm-up  (Read 3966 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-20s win 4-0 in Egypt warm-up
« on: September 11, 2009, 04:43:27 AM »
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

T&T Under-20 footballers continued their build up to the Fifa Under-20 World Cup Finals in Egypt later this month with a 4-0 warm-up win on Wednesday in Turkey. Led by goals from Uriah Bentick, Khaleem Hyland, Jamal Gay and Marcus Joseph, T&T trounced Turkish First Division club, Antalyaspor at the Antalya Atatürk Stadium, Antalya, on Wednesday. It was the first match for Hyland, who plays for Zulte Waregem and Gay of Rott Weiss Oberhausen, since joining the Zoran Vranes-coached team on Friday.

The win was the third straight for T&T on the Turkey-leg of the warm-up tour after edging the United Arab Emirates (UAE) 2-1 on Thursday and then a 4-0 win over Suril Sports on Sunday, both at the Adora Football Centre. Coach Vranes reduced his 24-man squad to 21 players with three players returning home. The trio who are due back in T&T today are injured striker Trent Lougheed, and the St Ann’s Rangers duo of Nicholas Walker and Jevon Morris.

England-born utility player, Jake Thomson of Southamption will join the team on Sunday morning in Cyprus after playing a club match.

In Cyprus, the Under-20 Warriors will play three matches, against a Cyprus XI, Australia and USA before Vranes decides on his final 21 players for the tournament. The T&T squad will arrive in Cairo, on September 21, three days before meeting host Egypt in the Fifa Under-20 World Cup opener on September 24. The young Soca Warriors also face Italy (September 28) and Italy, three days later. in their Pool A matches.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: U-20s win 4-0 in Egypt warm-up
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:57:03 AM »
Bad news dey with Trent. I understand he's a good striker.

This team scoring goals and winning games, great. I wish I could see these games. All the best to the team.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:04:33 AM »
I understand having to trim the squad but wow, right on the cusp they send these young men home. They must be absolutely shattered. I hope they could bounce back.

Wish they could have stayed on with the team even though they may not have been in the final squad. Then again i don't know on the fifa stipulations as it relates to these things so i wont rinse out the TTFF in this regard.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 05:13:59 AM »
I understand having to trim the squad but wow, right on the cusp they send these young men home. They must be absolutely shattered. I hope they could bounce back.

Wish they could have stayed on with the team even though they may not have been in the final squad. Then again i don't know on the fifa stipulations as it relates to these things so i wont rinse out the TTFF in this regard.

Good point g. Good point.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 05:29:40 AM »
so wait nah how this jake fella  jus walk into the squad jus so? Can anyone explain that?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 05:58:12 AM »
d little boy has experience n we need to have a good team

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 06:14:11 AM »
At this level we need our best players. It matters not where they come from. Secondly it is good for competing for places and thirdly it keep players from the star boy thing- If only we would have benched KJ in this campaign.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 06:43:33 AM »
so wait nah how this jake fella  jus walk into the squad jus so? Can anyone explain that?
The Coaching staff would have looked at his performances for his club, either live or on tape and decided he could add value to the team... besides which the FINAL 21 man squad is STILL to be named

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 06:50:39 AM »
Hard luck Trent etal. Learn from d experience and b betta as a result.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 07:10:52 AM »
keep it goin fellas,de big dance startin next week.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »

Just because he's on the squad doesn't mean he will start, or even play. Even though I hope the coaches will actually evaluate him before playing him, inside I know it's a foregone conclusion.

Btw, I have nothing against the youth. I hope for the good of T&T that he will be an amazing player for the U-20 and (hopefully) Senior team.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 08:47:38 AM »
Those two club sides eh no big dea.

But at least they winning by good margins against modest opposition.

Sorry for those yutes who get cut at the end.
In meh younger days we woulda call dat "pull stones."

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 10:59:01 AM »
it hard for de 3 men who get cut but it even worse for de man from de 22 squad members who will get cut when dey select the final 21.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »
it hard for de 3 men who get cut but it even worse for de man from de 22 squad members who will get cut when dey select the final 21.

Fact of sporting life.  So it go.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »
I cannot believe they send the men home... they should have went to Egypt as extras and still experience the dream... If 3 players pick up injuries now and they hadda pay all that money to bring them back I will laugh at the cheap TTFF...  

Disgusting f**ks
Batea

Trent is a work horse.. he will be missed... I going with a 3-6-1 yes cuz Grovi and Juma will pull

-------------------------------G.Samuel---

-----------------Bateau-------C.Gonsalves------Cyrus/Bentick-----
--Primus--------------------------------------------------------------Adams

--------------------------------Hyland---
-------------------J.Thompson----------------Leston----

------------------------------De Silva
-------------------------------Gay

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 11:14:04 AM »
Vranes made a good move by walking with about 8-9 defenders in Turkey, great exposure for them, but they must be devastated. As for trent lougheed, even worse as he is a real versatile player. I say Clarence woulda be the first cut
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 12:13:05 PM »
Vranes made a good move by walking with about 8-9 defenders in Turkey, great exposure for them, but they must be devastated. As for trent lougheed, even worse as he is a real versatile player. I say Clarence woulda be the first cut

U have to be mad, juma is one of the most hungry players out there, he is much better than grovensor

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »

U have to be mad, juma is one of the most hungry players out there, he is much better than grovensor

But Grovesnor scoring more goals right now, and he is left footed I believe, my feeling is Vranes reserving him to play left wing.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:25 PM »

But Grovesnor scoring more goals right now, and he is left footed I believe, my feeling is Vranes reserving him to play left wing.

i would leave out one of the defenders, either david or williams before leaving out grovesnor...what i doh like is grovesnor throwing 10 goals before scoring 1, juma on de other hand will get 4 chances and hit de woodwork on all, den next game he will have 2 chances and score both..he is a very talented player but i think his downfall is his workrate...one of my former coaches said he has everything to be the next stern john (ability to score a lot and be lazy at times).

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »

i would leave out one of the defenders, either david or williams before leaving out grovesnor...what i doh like is grovesnor throwing 10 goals before scoring 1, juma on de other hand will get 4 chances and hit de woodwork on all, den next game he will have 2 chances and score both..he is a very talented player but i think his downfall is his workrate...one of my former coaches said he has everything to be the next stern john (ability to score a lot and be lazy at times).

Vranes said the same thing either after CONCACAF or the Africa/Asia tour...that Juma has great potential but needs to up his workrate. With Gay in the squad hopefully he might be motivated to put in more effort.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »

Vranes said the same thing either after CONCACAF or the Africa/Asia tour...that Juma has great potential but needs to up his workrate. With Gay in the squad hopefully he might be motivated to put in more effort.

If not he go suck bench daiz all!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 03:05:22 PM »

suck bench is right, its the world cup, if yuh dont take yuh game to the next level, the next man happy to do and make yuh ride pine oui

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »

suck bench is right, its the world cup, if yuh dont take yuh game to the next level, the next man happy to do and make yuh ride pine oui

Pine is correct. When Vranes say less deserving people on the squad, first thing cross my mind he was talking about Clarence. Still hope he motivated to do better tho, because if Santon and dem mash up Gay is Juma and Grovesnor up to bat.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

T&T Under-20 footballers continued their build up to the Fifa Under-20 World Cup Finals in Egypt later this month with a 4-0 warm-up win on Wednesday in Turkey. Led by goals from Uriah Bentick, Khaleem Hyland, Jamal Gay and Marcus Joseph, T&T trounced Turkish First Division club, Antalyaspor at the Antalya Atatürk Stadium, Antalya, on Wednesday. It was the first match for Hyland, who plays for Zulte Waregem and Gay of Rott Weiss Oberhausen, since joining the Zoran Vranes-coached team on Friday.

The win was the third straight for T&T on the Turkey-leg of the warm-up tour after edging the United Arab Emirates (UAE) 2-1 on Thursday and then a 4-0 win over Suril Sports on Sunday, both at the Adora Football Centre. Coach Vranes reduced his 24-man squad to 21 players with three players returning home. The trio who are due back in T&T today are injured striker Trent Lougheed, and the St Ann’s Rangers duo of Nicholas Walker and Jevon Morris.

England-born utility player, Jake Thomson of Southamption will join the team on Sunday morning in Cyprus after playing a club match.

In Cyprus, the Under-20 Warriors will play three matches, against a Cyprus XI, Australia and USA before Vranes decides on his final 21 players for the tournament. The T&T squad will arrive in Cairo, on September 21, three days before meeting host Egypt in the Fifa Under-20 World Cup opener on September 24. The young Soca Warriors also face Italy (September 28) and Italy, three days later. in their Pool A matches.

What happen with the second UAE game?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 11:24:06 PM »
enjoy boys of tnt.....enoy it now...cause a vampire coming to suk allyuh blood

feeling it for Nicholas Walker...what a good worker...worked with him for 5 years at cic..keep going son
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

AirMan

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 01:41:48 PM »
Great...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 10:10:24 PM »
21 seems like a rather SMALL squad to me.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »

That is what you are allowed by FIFA. If you take extra players who are not in the squad
how do you control them? They will not want to sleep at the same time as the others, they will want to lime because they not playing, plus yuh have to pay for them to be there. FIFA eh picking up the cost past a certain number.
Best they return to their clubs and play football
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 11:45:31 AM »

That is what you are allowed by FIFA. If you take extra players who are not in the squad
how do you control them? They will not want to sleep at the same time as the others, they will want to lime because they not playing, plus yuh have to pay for them to be there. FIFA eh picking up the cost past a certain number.
Best they return to their clubs and play football

So basically yuh sayin man goin back to play Intercol... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>