March 28, 2024, 11:03:28 PM

Author Topic: D Touches match report T&T vs USA  (Read 8895 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches match report T&T vs USA
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:03:49 PM »
It is with mixed feelings that I write this report and while I am devastated that our WC campaign has come to a close, it also brings a sense of relief.....The suffering and heart attacks are over and we have reaped what we have sown.

Again I am also upset that we had this game to win and handsomely. If only Kenwyne and Glen could put the ball in the net. If only Noels free kick wasn't saved and if only had Latapy made the correct subs.

But even though we lost I was pleased in what I saw...a fighting performance by the team and we actually looked like a side. You could not fault men for not trying and the fight was visible for some and fading for others. But as a team they came up trumps tonight.

Why couldnt we play like this from the get go? Had we done so we would have been on our way to SA.

I arrived in the stadium around 6 pm and there were very few people around. Parking was easy, no line at the gate and I walked straight in not bothering with the freebies and rags.

Getting a good seat I sat with the rest of the WN crew and took in the entertainment that was provided.

The TTFF real real try and for the few thousand that came out or rather the few hundred who were in the stadium at the time......we were treated to the Malick folk performers, some Moko Jumbie performers, the Carib girls, Super Blue, Maximus Dan and JW and Blaze from 96.7

The teams then came on the field and started to warm up. The Yanks looking bigger than their T&T counterparts and their warm up was structured and a bit more intense.

TT seemed a bit laid back but I just say lemme take in the scenes and not get vex.

It was then I saw the USA goalies warming up, wrapping up bullet and making saves. Then the USA midfielders and fwds practiced their finishing....I looked on the other side of the pitch and watched the warrior warm up and just shook my head.

It was here I got a headache, got vex and went downstairs for a guiness and some KFC.

Folks we have Ince in the goal and Yorke and another trainer has the fwds and midfielders in a line bouncing a ball to them or passing with no pressure and they are running into the box lazy lazy and shooting to goal.

NOT ONE MAN SCORE!!!

I watch Jah Goal and he and patriot both confirm what i saw...and is not even hard luck is over bars and wide and ince ent event stretchin to make a save.

When I look back on the other side of the field is bullet pinging and howard sprawling.

I steups and went downstairs and jib until I hear the team being announced.

The USA come with a bomb squad...we pick the best we could under the circumstances and I was in my glee that Keon ent start.

Tweet whistle blow and to my surprise T&T taking it to the US.

It was the best football T&T has played since Germany 06.

We had the US under manners and the defence in the first half with the exception of Spann was solid.

Spann was shakey throughout but his mistakes did not cost us any goals and if he made a mistake he would try and recover.

Jlloyd was a Boss...Solid in every way and nuttin pass him. Composure and a class act. Its a shame he wasn't with us earlier.

Bakr had a good game he improve and he was composed.

Dennis also handled his stories well

T&T' 4-4 2 was working and giving the US 4-3-3 problems.

They had little response to Tinto and Carlos on the flanks and it was the inability to cross the ball by both these men that let the USa off the hook.

Carlos was disappointing in his deliveries but he did everything else superb, running with and without the ball, recovering, tracking back, taking it to defenders.

Trent and Leon worked hard and I found they were effective in closing space, breaking up plays and trying to distribute.

Trent was also showing flashes of skill, his passing range and his ball winning ability.

T&T had the majority of possession, the run of play and just couldnt convert.

Jones with the powder puff header and miscued shots, glenn with a chip off the bar, trent with a curling freekick and Howard Saving.

But all the time the US showed composure and counter attack threats and we were fortunate on occasion.

With at least 4-5 goal opportunities and the score 0-0 at the half and T&T in a zone. I said to myself...this is too good to be true. So frustrated were the US players they nearly fought amongst themselves at half time and some of them had to be restrained by their own officials before walking into the tunnel.

and then it happened...

The magic dust ran out, the gas was gone, luck deserted us and then out of the blue we collect a bullet from 30 yards just so.

We never recovered, the heads dropped and Latapy takes off the biggest attacking threat in tinto to put on Daniel....well the whole of grounds start to cuss.

Kenwyne got his fair portion too and try as he might it just wasnt working for him.

Then USA kicked it up a gear, started to run at us, subs started to be made and Spann was under pressure.

Latapy then saved spann from himself and took him off after a series of mistakes and Baptiste came on the center of the field. The formation changes to a 3-5-2. T&T allowing the US wingers to roam the flank but T&T crowding the middle hoping to deal with the crosses.

Needless to say this tactic was built for lash and we were lucky not to concede a few in this period. But yuh down, yuh hadda try something, yuh hadda push players fwd....buh what yuh bring orn and where yuh put them have people watching yuh and wondering.

Finally with a last roll of the dice he brought on Scotland for Noel but with 6 min to go this was just a corbeaux for Scotland to cool it.

I think Latas got all the subs wrong again...but given the personnel or lack thereof available I ent think he coulda do any more.

I really did not concentrate on this match after the goal scored on us...a good goal too...a wicked bullet from 30-25 yrd out and it was no fault of the defence, the middle could be faulted for not picking up quickly enough but players don't usually light it from there and score....Ince was beaten by a real beauty.

I zoned out and the old adage goals win matches just came into my head...over and over.

As the minutes wore on, T&T's legs grew tired, panic set in, composure out the window and then the lack of urgency started to show up. We started to play like if we on top, players strolling, taking their time, silly fouls happening and next ting you know we in injury time.

Tweet...final whistle and I was vex.

Vex we lost but at the same time satisfied with our performance and proud, knowing we were not embarrassed and we could compete and hold our own.

The what if, if only, If stern was there, if Jlloyd had come sooner, why they couldnt play so all the time.

But the walk down the stadium steps and these thoughts soon vanished as I spied a white short pants gyrating to the sounds booming from the carib truck in the courtyard.

Win , Lose or Draw we winein low and people looked to enjoy themselves and take a last jump, proud of the performance and also to just forget about this campaign.

Walking back to my ride the dejected ones muttered to themselves in the street. A elderly gentleman shouted at me to take off my Latapy jersey, how I should feel shame for wearing that, and how Latas do shit bringing on three big stone on the field when the side was running.

Latas was a great player and nuttin more...the old man shouted...take orf dat...throw dat way.

Ah yes only the passionate ones amongst us came out...but everybody tried, from the entertainment the sponsors and the team...they gave it their all but in the end we still werent good enough.

Till next time.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 09:08:00 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches match report T&T vs USA
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:10:03 PM »
good job as usual..

Even though the WC is over for us..hope you keep bringing these reports throught-out any upcomin games that we might get.... St Kitts, Grenada, Dom Rep, Barbados etc.. ::)
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »
D heartache eh ovah all yuh goin and watch d under 20 from Republic Day. Me I was a casual supporter but Latas return in 05 and he got my heart. I goin and retire meh heart 2nite. I supportin like d waggonist dem happy when we win but eh care eh fart if we loose. I cyah take d pain.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:16:53 PM »
ah cah vex wid d fellas tonite. we play wid heart an yuh cuda see d fellas really try dey best
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:19:04 PM »
one of the best games they played in the campaign, the other 2 obviosuly against el salvador, mexico wasnt a bad game either, its time tt move on with a new coach and new players...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:19:42 PM »
Long Live Stern John
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 09:21:25 PM »
Long Live Stern John

Dey was missin him in d stands 2nite as well
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 09:45:05 PM »
Long Live Stern John

Dey was missin him in d stands 2nite as well
Never miss the water till the well run out! :devil: KJ scotty and daniels does make the game look hard boy. dem men don't know how tuh put they self about, especially KJ, he fought, but too no avail.

another thing i notice, we never got another penalty since the El salvador game. how come them men don't know how too draw fouls boy?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 10:27:11 PM »
kj as usual, he no good, mess
spann, wayy boy, tata
carlos fight but nothing decisive, dansing around but no telling crosses, he needs to study beckham on them crosses.
tinto, composure brethren, this is not intercol football, play it simple
scotty look heavy boy, touches all over the place
cornell i were missing for most of the game, should have scored that lob.

tnt football just missing something, we brand of football just does not look like world class brand, back to the drawing boards.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 10:39:14 PM »
Thanks Touches

AND, if AJW wasnt such a vindictive human and give the players their MONEY we probably would NOT be in this situation....THANK YOU AJW

the U20's doh know what TTFF football MEANS.................and I hope AJW SUDDENLY GROWS UP and treats them better than previous players
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:45:07 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 10:52:11 PM »
spann, wayy boy, tata
carlos fight but nothing decisive, dansing around but no telling crosses, he needs to study beckham on them crosses.

tnt football just missing something, we brand of football just does not look like world class brand, back to the drawing boards.

I pleased with this performance because of what we were playing b4. But overall as you say something missing. No magic in the final third. No laying off for men to take shots. Corners and crosses were ballooning all over the place. I not as impressed with this performance as other pep. It was way improved but still sub par in my mind.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 10:52:59 PM »
Thanks Touches

AND, if AJW wasnt such a vindictive human and give the players their MONEY we probably would NOT be in this situation....THANK YOU AJW

the U20's doh know what TTFF football MEANS.................and I hope AJW SUDDENLY GROWS UP and treats them better than previous players

FYI u eh hear is not d blacklist and AJW y we not in SA2010. We play ah set of old men.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 05:18:35 AM »
Touches boy yuh sum it up to perfection.....*sigh*.....now back to watching my pics of Germany 06 *sigh*  :'( :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 05:28:46 AM »
Just for the record Touches, the goal that the USA scored was straight at ince!!

excellent report though!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 05:34:18 AM »
spann, wayy boy, tata

'
u didnt say u wasnt goin an post on here again? STEUPS!!
BTW, yuh bun yuh trini passport yet?
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 07:12:36 AM »
Just for the record Touches, the goal that the USA scored was straight at ince!!

No way Andre  ....altidore's shot was straight at ince ........what deceived Ince with Ricardo's shot was that it started straight at him and swerved "wickedly" at the last minute ....... vicious shot simply vicious ......

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 07:17:37 AM »

No way Andre  ....altidore's shot was straight at ince ........what deceived Ince with Ricardo's shot was that it started straight at him and swerved "wickedly" at the last minute ....... vicious shot simply vicious ......
Andre, watch the replay here
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P0llWxNdOcs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P0llWxNdOcs</a>
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 07:18:14 AM »

Carlos Edwards' shot two minutes after the goal was straight at Howard (A perfect chance to equalize that he should have put last-post) but there was NOTHING that Ince could have done on that goal.  The ball swerved so wickedly, it actually looked like it was going to go just a fraction to his right straight to him and then it yank the steering wheel and went left instead.  Why was that nashy West Indian-American allowed to track straight up the middle of the field, unmarked and let off a shot in the first place?!  
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:20:53 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 07:21:27 AM »

wrong soldier,ince dive to he left and still was out ah reach.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 07:22:57 AM »
But the walk down the stadium steps and these thoughts soon vanished as I spied a white short pants gyrating to the sounds booming from the carib truck in the courtyard.

Win , Lose or Draw we winein low and people looked to enjoy themselves and take a last jump, proud of the performance and also to just forget about this campaign.

the main reason why jack and camps still in power A culture change is needed by our people ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 07:38:18 AM »
Folks we have Ince in the goal and Yorke and another trainer has the fwds and midfielders in a line bouncing a ball to them or passing with no pressure and they are running into the box lazy lazy and shooting to goal.

NOT ONE MAN SCORE!!!

I watch Jah Goal and he and patriot both confirm what i saw...and is not even hard luck is over bars and wide and ince ent event stretchin to make a save.

When I look back on the other side of the field is bullet pinging and howard sprawling.

I steups and went downstairs and jib until I hear the team being announced.

Very very typical of KJ's in pre-match warmups for S'land....

Thanks for the excellent and informative match report Touches  :beermug:

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 07:46:48 AM »
nice report as usual touches. honestly speaking we need to thank the US for coming out extremely flat in this game and allowed us to play as much as we did. we looked good because they looked horrible. and despite that we cudnt capitalise on that opportunity. i think they looked passed us and was thinking about honduras game...and we shud have up the anty and took it down there throats. but with kj and no creative influence in our midfield there is no chance of that happening. samuel is ah boss for we. i saw him take down ah ball and showed mad composure under pressure....god forbid if that was akile....lawd!!! as u touches i was elated to see daniel on the bench. came in and did nothing. glen worked hard but had no support most of the night. noel had probably one of his better games in a big match for us. leon is a goat. abu bakr did well and he will be a nice addition for the future once he continues to develop.

from wat i seeing, we have nothing in our middle. offensively our strikers not getting proper service. the most telling part of that was showed last night. we on a great counter attack....6v4 for we. our midfield had the ball and had options...tried to play a thru pass for the left midfielder and over kick the pass and it went for a goal kick. thats horrible!!! nothing creative in our midfield...the only glimpse of that is carlos....who was our best player yet again last night...but again his deliveries were not of the best. on defense as well, our midfield not helping. everytime one of our defenders get a head on a ball, it falls to the feet of a US midfield player and our midfield now try to pull jersey to get back in proper position. too many times we seeing their midfield running at we defense and one of our stoppers have to step up to them...get beat with a pass with ah easy one two behind them....and now its one v one with tallest in d back. no defensive presence in the midfield in our defensive third.

my only hope at this point is that latas is kept and we groom the youths. yes...i said it...we need to keep latas at least until he proves to us he cannot groom a young team in the proper manner. our being out of contention has be written on the wall long before he got the job and it would be ah real dam shame for him to be the fall guy for that. having said that, there are alot of decisions he's made thus far that i really question...in terms of his player selection and what not...but i cant rate him on what happened with this team and this time. so i will continue to support him and the "new look" team that should available by the end of the year.

by the way the support in the stadium...or lack there of was downright embarassing! the public should be ashamed of themselves!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »
I had my doubts about Latas eh, but I'll say this, after watch last night's game, I will prefer to see them forget about nuff ah dem foreign based, and let Latas develop a core of local based into a TEAM.

Keep JLloyd, Birchall, Carlos. Tell Kenwyne to handle he stories at Sunlun and wish him well. Pick up the  men on the U20 and leh we push on to 2014 with dat startin now.

Oh, one more thing, tell Daniel if yuh ever ketch him anyway near where de national team training, we go have to do him sumting devious. STAY WAY!

Other dan dat, give Latas a chance with de local youths. I firmly believe now, after watching last night, dat a TEAM of locals, given time with Latas and Yorke, go be much better dan de fragmented bullshit we gettin when dem foreign based ride in 2, 3 days before a game. I think we could be good enuff to run with de best in de hex by 2014 qualifying.

Give Latas & Yorke a chance! Let dem start now, run some friendlies and watch de ride.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:13:41 AM by slates »
Toujour Pret!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 08:44:56 AM »
That's the thing about Carlos, I said he dumb as rocks and ah man get onto me. I not saying that he cyah play, the man good, he really good, but he not productive enough. How many quality balls did he get into he box? How many corners did we get off all those runs he made to the end-line. Carlos must realize that he is above the laborer category, he may not be a full technician, but he is upper administration and need to operate like that. He still have a laborer type mentality.

The best cross came from Glen, so to did the best opportunity for us off the game.

Bakr need to stopp playing with those bricks on his feet, a little more speed and agility may help. Did fair to fine.

Spann started a little to high up the field and should have taken a note from Samuel. Samuel starting position was perfect making it very difficult for the US to play over him, yet in a position to win the ball in front of him

Birchall and Yorke's absence showed big time last night, eventually leading to a the goal. In the first half we gave up a lot of space infront the defense, the gaping hole was never filled. When the US made runs into that area with the ball, both Center backs dropped off creating even more room for the player on the ball. One (preferably Bakr) needed to step and let Lawrence drop with the fullbacks pinching in to help out.
That goal, every man jack dropped and allowed the deep lying midfield to step in and get that shot off. After giving up all that room, it will always be difficult to recover to stop that shot. We need out midfielder to fill that position to show that arriving opposition mid away.

Latapy got the subs wrong.

The last 7 minutes in the game and we should be looking for set pieces, what Latapy do? He take off the player that is striking the best free kick on the night. Bringing Scotland (who will always push forward) and giving all the responsibility to the inexperienced Leighon. The midfield was now wide open.

All the same the guys look sweet, the USA fancied themselves a rool over but, realize really quick that they entered through the wrong door.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »
once again no creative mid to create opps for the strikers, something that is needed on our team for it to reach anywhere

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 10:28:16 AM »
That's the thing about Carlos, I said he dumb as rocks and ah man get onto me. I not saying that he cyah play, the man good, he really good, but he not productive enough. How many quality balls did he get into he box? How many corners did we get off all those runs he made to the end-line. Carlos must realize that he is above the laborer category, he may not be a full technician, but he is upper administration and need to operate like that. He still have a laborer type mentality.

The best cross came from Glen, so to did the best opportunity for us off the game.

Bakr need to stopp playing with those bricks on his feet, a little more speed and agility may help. Did fair to fine.

Spann started a little to high up the field and should have taken a note from Samuel. Samuel starting position was perfect making it very difficult for the US to play over him, yet in a position to win the ball in front of him

Birchall and Yorke's absence showed big time last night, eventually leading to a the goal. In the first half we gave up a lot of space infront the defense, the gaping hole was never filled. When the US made runs into that area with the ball, both Center backs dropped off creating even more room for the player on the ball. One (preferably Bakr) needed to step and let Lawrence drop with the fullbacks pinching in to help out.
That goal, every man jack dropped and allowed the deep lying midfield to step in and get that shot off. After giving up all that room, it will always be difficult to recover to stop that shot. We need out midfielder to fill that position to show that arriving opposition mid away.

The last 7 minutes in the game and we should be looking for set pieces, what Latapy do? He take off the player that is striking the best free kick on the night. Bringing Scotland (who will always push forward) and giving all the responsibility to the inexperienced Leighon. The midfield was now wide open.

All the same the guys look sweet, the USA fancied themselves a rool over but, realize really quick that they entered through the wrong door.

You have tuh be ah real tun tun to watch the game that Carlos played last night and say de man "dumb as rocks".. as I said at the time, allyuh man does feel because allyuh have internet and computer allyuh could just say whatever allyuh like about dem men because they not around to defend deyself.  If you so f**king smart how come YOU not doing better?  With yuh facking part-time WPL juniors team.

-----------

As for the "space" in the middle that was a hard luck goal.  Yuh could always quibble and say "what if" but at times yuh have to tip yuh hat to the offense.  We got beat by a superb strike that came from a good set up.  Hard to fault the defense on that one.  My take as I saw it last night.

No sah...Tallest RUN BACKWARDS to mark ah man who was offside and in ding so, open the space for the shot. The shot was still good, but if tallest didn't open the gap.........

You have the benefit of a sideline view to see that the man was offside... Lawrence was looking at his goal.  Could he tell from that angle that the man was offside or did he see Donovan pushing down the left side and two players, one of them being Altidore the other Dempsey rushing into the middle so he ran to cover.  The ball was played back to the wing and Donovan pushed it onto Clark's feet.  Tallest was actually the Defender who rushed last minute to try and close out the shot.

If he'd left the middle open gambling that Dempsey was offside and Dempsey scored all ah we woulda say he do shit by letting ah man run free towards goal.

Donovan created that chance for his team by pushing the ball up the left flank and Dempsey and Altidore ran thru towards the box.  Clark was open because at the last minute he came up from a defensive position.  Maybe yuh could fault Glenn or Jones for not tracking him because at that point they were the only two TnT players (and maybe one more) NOT already playing defense.  Count the number of red shirts in the frame on that shot and you'll get at least 7, plus Ince.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:31:37 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »

You have tuh be ah real tun tun to watch the game that Carlos played last night and say de man "dumb as rocks".. as I said at the time, allyuh man does feel because allyuh have internet and computer allyuh could just say whatever allyuh like about dem men because they not around to defend deyself.  If you so f**king smart how come YOU not doing better?  With yuh facking part-time WPL juniors team.

-----------

As for the "space" in the middle that was a hard luck goal.  Yuh could always quibble and say "what if" but at times yuh have to tip yuh hat to the offense.  We got beat by a superb strike that came from a good set up.  Hard to fault the defense on that one.  My take as I saw it last night.

No sah...Tallest RUN BACKWARDS to mark ah man who was offside and in ding so, open the space for the shot. The shot was still good, but if tallest didn't open the gap.........

You have the benefit of a sideline view to see that the man was offside... Lawrence was looking at his goal.  Could he tell from that angle that the man was offside or did he see Donovan pushing down the left side and two players, one of them being Altidore the other Dempsey rushing into the middle so he ran to cover.  The ball was played back to the wing and Donovan pushed it onto Clark's feet.  Tallest was actually the Defender who rushed last minute to try and close out the shot.

If he'd left the middle open gambling that Dempsey was offside and Dempsey scored all ah we woulda say he do shit by letting ah man run free towards goal.

Donovan created that chance for his team by pushing the ball up the left flank and Dempsey and Altidore ran thru towards the box.  Clark was open because at the last minute he came up from a defensive position.  Maybe yuh could fault Glenn or Jones for not tracking him because at that point they were the only two TnT players (and maybe one more) NOT already playing defense.  Count the number of red shirts in the frame on that shot and you'll get at least 7, plus Ince.

Bakes ah explain the dumb as rock things and yuh still come back with that oh gawd man put away the red ink nah.

Let me change it, Carlos need to play like a top class player that he can be and stop making basic mistakes or shying away from his responsibilities.

Bakes he was our hardest worker, but he produce nothing really. Maybe we can say he took a great amount of pressure off of us.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »
Too fordy and elan, first fordy. almost every thing yuh said made sense except the opening. bred the U.S. is not ah good road team, they didn't play sh!t or started slow, on the contrary, it was us who stepped up and neutralize their offensive movement on and off the ball.

go back and watch the game, noel, carlos, Jlloyd, leon, and tinto closed down much of their space too operate, they didn't know what the fack hit them, they were incapacitated in the middle of the midfield field and had no magic going forward.

we held possesion ah little longer failing in the final 3rd, glenn and KJ did a horrible job on not scoring , but in all fairness to KJ, he took a lot of pressure off the other strike and freed him up for the better opportunities.

all who said KJ is ah bum need to revisit that statement, including meh self.

i eh go lie, it's only when i looked @ the tape again iz when i realize the bredder had onyewo wokin over time, he was pushing , pulling and squabling, it was glen who was supposed tuh step up BC KJ was doubled team together with tinto which gave glen a lot of room to operate.

elan , as for the carlos statement, ah think yuh meant tuh say leon, carlos was our bright spot last night, the man was simply outstanding, what more could he have done!

even the commentators was drooling over him, saying that he was an excellent player and how he should've been with a prem team instead of ipswich town.

it's true the man can't Cross well , but did you even noticed he didn't play on the flank last night? carlos played as an offensive mid, and had ah couple flanks runs, if yuh don't believe, then go back and watch the tape.

tinto  also did ah lot of work off the ball last night, and was ah thorn in donovan's side. it was tinto's speed that enable spann to perform under less pressure from altidor and davies, Bc he took donovan out of the game.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 11:25:02 AM »
JC he was amazing, but he hardly ever finish off a play. Very seldom he gets a cross in, and even then the cross most times lack quality. There was one that stand out, he sent a cross in straight to Onyewu I believe and then yelling at the forwards to get there. His cross did not even come close to any of the critical spots you want you wide players to hit with the ball.

Another time he could have played for a corner,tried to retain possession and was caught in possession.

I just looking at things differently.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 11:39:32 AM »

In my opinion, Keon Daniel's cross was as good if not better than Glen's. Three men was in position tuh head it in, but all ah dem missed. Ah tink it was Lawrence, Abu Bakr and Glen. De way it was coming in, it jes needed some contact and it would go in.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>