April 25, 2024, 03:09:24 AM

Author Topic: D Touches match report T&T vs USA  (Read 8942 times)

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches match report T&T vs USA
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 01:27:37 PM »
Too fordy and elan, first fordy. almost every thing yuh said made sense except the opening. bred the U.S. is not ah good road team, they didn't play sh!t or started slow, on the contrary, it was us who stepped up and neutralize their offensive movement on and off the ball.

go back and watch the game, noel, carlos, Jlloyd, leon, and tinto closed down much of their space too operate, they didn't know what the fack hit them, they were incapacitated in the middle of the midfield field and had no magic going forward.

we held possesion ah little longer failing in the final 3rd, glenn and KJ did a horrible job on not scoring , but in all fairness to KJ, he took a lot of pressure off the other strike and freed him up for the better opportunities.

all who said KJ is ah bum need to revisit that statement, including meh self.

i eh go lie, it's only when i looked @ the tape again iz when i realize the bredder had onyewo wokin over time, he was pushing , pulling and squabling, it was glen who was supposed tuh step up BC KJ was doubled team together with tinto which gave glen a lot of room to operate.

JC, I give u real props for saying that dere....Kenwyne put out max effort last night, and had a good shift. He was constantly double teamed, opened up a ton of space for Glen, and won a lot of fouls as Onyewu didn't know what to do with him. He could have done a lot better with a couple of goalscoring opportunities, but all in all he had a very good game. I doh know how ppl could say otherwise.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 02:09:23 PM »
Too fordy and elan, first fordy. almost every thing yuh said made sense except the opening. bred the U.S. is not ah good road team, they didn't play sh!t or started slow, on the contrary, it was us who stepped up and neutralize their offensive movement on and off the ball.

go back and watch the game, noel, carlos, Jlloyd, leon, and tinto closed down much of their space too operate, they didn't know what the fack hit them, they were incapacitated in the middle of the midfield field and had no magic going forward.

we held possesion ah little longer failing in the final 3rd, glenn and KJ did a horrible job on not scoring , but in all fairness to KJ, he took a lot of pressure off the other strike and freed him up for the better opportunities.

i eh go lie, it's only when i looked @ the tape again iz when i realize the bredder had onyewo wokin over time, he was pushing , pulling and squabling, it was glen who was supposed tuh step up BC KJ was doubled team together with tinto which gave glen a lot of room to operate.

JC, I give u real props for saying that dere....Kenwyne put out max effort last night, and had a good shift. He was constantly double teamed, opened up a ton of space for Glen, and won a lot of fouls as Onyewu didn't know what to do with him. He could have done a lot better with a couple of goalscoring opportunities, but all in all he had a very good game. I doh know how ppl could say otherwise.

He eh score dat is all dat matters.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 02:27:17 PM »

that is not all that matters, he was able to take pressure off glen and create channels for scoring opportunities. Sometimes that is how it does go in a strike partnership

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »

that is not all that matters, he was able to take pressure off glen and create channels for scoring opportunities. Sometimes that is how it does go in a strike partnership

Brudder I know dat put peeps obviously eh know dat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 02:35:36 PM »

we held possession ah little longer failing in the final 3rd, glenn and KJ did a horrible job on not scoring , but in all fairness to KJ, he took a lot of pressure off the other strike and freed him up for the better opportunities.

KJ didn't play badly yday..buh by the 60-70 minute his tussle with Onyewu had taken its toll and he was clearly a spent force..he should have been substituted..I felt sorry for him bcuz alot of ppl were on his back..it sorta reminded me of the flack stern used to get..he could have done better with his headers tho...

meanwhile Cornell often drifted out of the game..buh say wha...he's Cornell...

Elan..Carlos should have done better with his final ball yday..that is true but on the other hand..the supporting runs made by the striker sometimes were lacking...

jloyd..wow..we could have used him 5 years ago...

JC..one thing tho..you are critcal of leon...however i think clyde leon's game is tailor made to make noel more effective..i've noticed his position play and it really helps stifle the opponents in the middle..and combined with a hard running midfielder aka Noel or Birchall...the opposition teams find it difficult to dictate play in the middle of the field..

it's a shame his passing game isn't better tho..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »
Bakes ah explain the dumb as rock things and yuh still come back with that oh gawd man put away the red ink nah.

Let me change it, Carlos need to play like a top class player that he can be and stop making basic mistakes or shying away from his responsibilities.

Bakes he was our hardest worker, but he produce nothing really. Maybe we can say he took a great amount of pressure off of us.

People free to criticize as they see fit.  If you find Carlos didn't do enough then that is your right to feel that way.  I personally think you crossed the line by insulting the man unnecessarily.  Same way I think Sam and Babalawo and others crossing the line by saying thing like "Latapy is ah dunce".  That not called for in my view and I will respond accordingly whenever I see it.

i eh go lie, it's only when i looked @ the tape again iz when i realize the bredder had onyewo wokin over time,
he was pushing , pulling and squabling, it was glen who was supposed tuh step up BC KJ was doubled team together with tinto which gave glen a lot of room to operate.

Thank you!!

I feel people have an unrealistically high expectation of KJ and just looking at result rather than performance, because he was giving Onyewu fits WHOLE NIGHT.  Go read any opinion of the game last night and see what they had to say about the Onyewu vs. KJ match up going into the game, and what they saying now.  Everybody saying Onyewu had a horrible game (of course they blaming it on him not getting any burn at Milan)... Kenwyne eat he lunch going and coming, leaving him to resort to fouls.  If there was a way to check who was the most fouled player on our team I bet is KJ. 

Check which American player got called for the most fouls and I bet is Onyewu.  KJ worked hard last night and all these facking armchair professionals doing is shitting on de man name whole day.  Cornell wouldn't see half as much daylight if not fuh Kenwyne... is only facking Bocanegra was marking Cornell by heself... put another striker on the pitch and they woulda roll coverage to Cornell instead.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »
I am afraid USA wasn't themselves yesterday, trust me. And the other scores when in T&T's favor, we mess up.

But we played good.

1.Clayton Ince, Played well and made some excellent stops, but can he be consistent, against Honduras he look ok.

6.Dennis Lawrence, We best player of the night, a true leader and Warrior.

3.Radanfah Abu Bakr, Played the best of all his games so far. But against a faster team he suspect.

4.Jlloyd Samuel, had a better game vs Honduras, look good going forward and save us from getting another goal, but not better than Avery John so far, I say, give him time. He is 28 and by 2012 he will be 31.

8.Trent Noel, boss free kicks but why try to score from the same place he did as the first one.

9.Jason Scotland, looked better than Kenwyne and should have came on instead of Daniel.

16.Silvio Spann, clinical conrtol but lost for pace, had USA been up to it they could have expose Spann badly.

14.Kerry Baptiste, look lively, needed more time on the field.

2.Clyde Leon, broke up USA attack and did his job great, but very slow and should have burn USA twice on a counter if he was a bit faster. Our midfield was lacking a creative player.

11.Carlos Edwards, is T&T's best player of the decade, was ineffective on the left, but was an instand hit on the right.

10.Hayden Tinto, good in spots, but needs to be more composed, not an overall winger.

12.Keon Daniel, You guys tell me what is wrong with this player, started of so good last rounds and really failed badly.

13.Cornell Glen, We best striker and should have been used as a super sub.

17.Kenwyne Jones, should play right wing, he is not the same player he is for Sunderland, I think he is not 100% committed.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 05:46:12 PM »
As for the KJ debate while watching the game, the general consensus among a couple forumites was that he apparently read the forum, saw all the bouff he got and decided to make us eat our words!!...he played much better last night compared to some of his other games and I was one who has been critical of him in the recent past....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 07:25:49 PM »
I disagree with all the talk about the US came out slow or lacking energy.  The reason the US look so bad is because TT was playing with energy and did not allow them to control the game.  It just goes to show that the opposition is not all that better but we too infrequently play the fool, like if we could just turn a switch and beat other teams.  It does not work like that in football and the quicker our players die for a win the better.  We ;lost but we at least seemed to want to win.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 09:40:04 PM »
I disagree with all the talk about the US came out slow or lacking energy.  The reason the US look so bad is because TT was playing with energy and did not allow them to control the game.  It just goes to show that the opposition is not all that better but we too infrequently play the fool, like if we could just turn a switch and beat other teams.  It does not work like that in football and the quicker our players die for a win the better.  We ;lost but we at least seemed to want to win.
My sentiments exactly! that game last night was a pivotal game for the U.S. it was ah must win game since they only have one home game left and against ah tough Costa rica! they needed @ least a point and they came to play for it. they were shut down and out whitted. good job latas and yorkie :applause:. hope yuh see more of that next time around GW.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 10:16:24 PM »
Storeboy,
              I agree with you. They felt that because they had a good showing against Spain, Braz., and Italy, they should just walkover TT. But they got an annoying surprise. They were fustrated at times. They bread a sigh of relief after that goal.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 10:29:59 PM »
is Trinidad racist?? ? ??? they only letting the black americans score only lately. first it was Davies, then Altidore, now Clark :rotfl: :rotfl: like the white americans can't get a bligh lately against TnT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 10:53:45 PM »
Bab,
           You full s..t, oui! :rotfl:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »
is Trinidad racist?? ? ??? they only letting the black americans score only lately. first it was Davies, then Altidore, now Clark :rotfl: :rotfl: like the white americans can't get a bligh lately against TnT

Yes is a quasi jim crow installment... they only allowed to assist in the goal...

Did you know Clark was eligable to play for us???  :beermug:

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »
Just for the record Touches, the goal that the USA scored was straight at ince!!

excellent report though!!

Str8 at Ince???..R U high???....that ball started off Str8 then bended and dipped to the right....Ince did his best on that... it was a beautiful hit ball accross the mans body ....great goal ...U cah take away that from the man...We had the best match since Germany and shoulda won this game but we can hold our head high for this match performance.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 08:28:16 AM »
Andre,
         ESPN showed the goal a 1000 times yesterday. Yes the ball was going straight to Ince and then started to swerve to his left a such a pace. it was extremely difficult for Ince to get his fingers to. They even use a magic marker to show the curve the ball took. Like Caligiari, Clark may never score  a goal like that again. But timing is everything.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2009, 08:54:51 PM »
My Views on the game.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/v9tkP2-SaH4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/v9tkP2-SaH4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »
Tough luck bro!!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 11:40:43 PM »
tnt forever

weary...dont leave...we need you...soon for something bigger than this...please stay
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »
tnt forever

weary...dont leave...we need you...soon for something bigger than this...please stay

After meh executive medical leh meh hear what d Dr sayin bout d state ah meh heart. It has been a rough 3 yrs.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2009, 07:48:23 PM »

Yes is a quasi jim crow installment... they only allowed to assist in the goal...

Iz clark an ameritrin? i thought it was demarcus and finley.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2009, 07:52:46 PM »
My Views on the game.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/v9tkP2-SaH4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/v9tkP2-SaH4</a>
:rotfl:  :rotfl: jah gol u is to much buddy ...............ah but you better hurry up cause I think someones stealing you car .

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »

Iz clark an ameritrin? i thought it was demarcus and finley.
yeah
he fadda is ah Trinbagonian
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2009, 08:14:50 PM »
I am afraid USA wasn't themselves yesterday, trust me. And the other scores when in T&T's favor, we mess up.

But we played good.

1.Clayton Ince, Played well and made some excellent stops, but can he be consistent, against Honduras he look ok.

6.Dennis Lawrence, We best player of the night, a true leader and Warrior.

3.Radanfah Abu Bakr, Played the best of all his games so far. But against a faster team he suspect.

4.Jlloyd Samuel, had a better game vs Honduras, look good going forward and save us from getting another goal, but not better than Avery John so far, I say, give him time. He is 28 and by 2012 he will be 31.

8.Trent Noel, boss free kicks but why try to score from the same place he did as the first one.

9.Jason Scotland, looked better than Kenwyne and should have came on instead of Daniel.

16.Silvio Spann, clinical conrtol but lost for pace, had USA been up to it they could have expose Spann badly.

14.Kerry Baptiste, look lively, needed more time on the field.

2.Clyde Leon, broke up USA attack and did his job great, but very slow and should have burn USA twice on a counter if he was a bit faster. Our midfield was lacking a creative player.

11.Carlos Edwards, is T&T's best player of the decade, was ineffective on the left, but was an instand hit on the right.

10.Hayden Tinto, good in spots, but needs to be more composed, not an overall winger.

12.Keon Daniel, You guys tell me what is wrong with this player, started of so good last rounds and really failed badly.

13.Cornell Glen, We best striker and should have been used as a super sub.

17.Kenwyne Jones, should play right wing, he is not the same player he is for Sunderland, I think he is not 100% committed.
So who they was ??

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2009, 02:03:43 PM »
Well like most I find it hard to criticize the team or Latas. Played some good ftbl.

My my one criticism is the playing of Carlos on the left. Yes it made our left side very solid.
But with Carlos on the left and Tinto on the right, it made us basically impotent in the crossing department.
Poor Carlos was at great pains to get that ball on his right foot to cross.
I think the best crosses in the match came from Cornell when KJ headed to goal and another from Daniel that was simply beautiful but 3 TT players in the box were unable to get to it.

I don't blame Carlos, he didn't ask to play on the left.

I don't think Spann was that bad but I was watching on the net. Remember he is an offensive mdflder.
Perhaps Daniel should only play offensive mdfld from now on. I was one of his supporters but he simply can't play on the left for TT. In additon he might be better providing from mdfl instead of going up front.

In closing can't blame TT for the goal scored. They pushed the American out of the box. forced to pass out of the box and the man take a one time shot that dip and swerve away from Carlos at the last moment and kept swerving to the far right of the goal.
Ince never really had a chance.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>