May 01, 2024, 02:21:16 PM

Author Topic: Post game (USF vs Valparaiso) interview with Javed Mohammed  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Post game (USF vs Valparaiso) interview with Javed Mohammed
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:43:26 AM »
CLICK HERE for the video.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Post game (USF vs Valparaiso) interview with Javed Mohammed
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:25:05 AM »
Saw this man play and we is a decent player, should be in the squad for 2014 if he continue to improve.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
i see he play on FSC when devenish and marshall (i think that was he name) was on the side too. good fullback.

Naps product so excellence is expected.

i eh no USF fan though. i remember when mih alma mater, FIU, used to licks them when we was the florida football powerhouse. now FIU is a joke.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »
i see he play on FSC when devenish and marshall (i think that was he name) was on the side too. good fullback.

i eh no USF fan though. i remember when mih alma mater, FIU, used to licks them when we was the florida football powerhouse. now FIU is a joke.

Degree of difficulty?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 11:55:50 AM »
He playin college football in de states and not exactly a standout?

More than likely he won't amount to much if at all at the international level.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 12:50:54 PM »

Yuh write off de boy before he start,I thought he had great potential when repping the UNDER 17s and  UNDER 20s,wasn't he captainn of one of those.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 01:05:54 PM »

Yuh write off de boy before he start,I thought he had great potential when repping the UNDER 17s and  UNDER 20s,wasn't he captainn of one of those.

US college football/soccer.  De black hole of DEATH for aspiring T&T international footballers.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 03:37:29 PM »

US college football/soccer.  De black hole of DEATH for aspiring T&T international footballers.

Only if they not serious and/ pick the wrong programs to go to.  If they go to a footballing powerhouse school, chances are they come out a more complete player with a football career available to them.  Getting drafted into MLS seems like the blackhole at least for James and Marshall so far.  Considering how highly rated Marshall was I really surprise he wasn't even drafted, much less scrubbin pine so long in LA.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 07:15:51 AM »

Degree of difficulty?

me eh know what to compare it to. but some of the players who come out of FIU and environs of the time include:

- steve ralson (US international)
- ignace moleka (DR congo international)
- tyrone marshall (jamaican international)
- jeff cunningham (MLS 4th leading scorer this year)
- sebastian vorbe (haiti international)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »
I have been reading about this kid for a while now. If he was really that good he definitely would have been on the TT team at fullback. We are lack ing in good wing backs. On the Other hand I am glad he had the option of going to college. Whether he comes back to play in the PFL, or get drafted to the MLS is irrelevant. IF he wants to play WB for TT, he has to be skillfull(good first touch and comfortable moving forward with the ball), fast, strong(weight room). The 2014 back MUST be exceptional.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:36:02 AM »
I have been reading about this kid for a while now. If he was really that good he definitely would have been on the TT team at fullback. We are lack ing in good wing backs. On the Other hand I am glad he had the option of going to college. Whether he comes back to play in the PFL, or get drafted to the MLS is irrelevant. IF he wants to play WB for TT, he has to be skillfull(good first touch and comfortable moving forward with the ball), fast, strong(weight room). The 2014 back MUST be exceptional.

He in de US.  De odds of him playin international ball are very slim.  That window of opportunity has likely passed him by purely because of age.  If he was exceptional, he would be in somebody's pro set up abroad...not be going to USF.

As it is, he gettin a good education and I assume a good lifestyle.  To compete effectively at international level these days, you have to be like Hyland and dem fellas so.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 12:21:05 PM »

He in de US.  De odds of him playin international ball are very slim.  That window of opportunity has likely passed him by purely because of age.  If he was exceptional, he would be in somebody's pro set up abroad...not be going to USF.

As it is, he gettin a good education and I assume a good lifestyle.  To compete effectively at international level these days, you have to be like Hyland and dem fellas so.

He is clever, speedy, a good descision maker and can move the ball forward quickly. He was a standout in a team that at some points included Keon Daniel, Abu Bakrh, Guerra and Hyland.

That said I tend to agree with you about the difficulty of him being able to play international footaball after college. Maybe in the days of Shaka and Stern it was a little easier. But todays Pro League is far more competitive and CCL is giving opportunities for young professionals like Shaddon Winchester, Primus and Jerrel Britto to run out against men like Pavon and Carlos Palacios, the same players who mannersing our big EPL guys. You just can't get that kind of experience in NCAA.

There will be some players who not are not 'big' right now but guarateed they making the next team for 2014 qualifiers before Leston Paul. Marcus Joseph is one that comes to mind.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>