March 28, 2024, 03:01:00 PM

Author Topic: End of a generation?  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
End of a generation?
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:28:51 AM »
I write this with a heavy heart (and a bottle of puncheon).

The 2010 SA campaign is now officially over, and with it comes the end of a generation. In 2014 we can't rely on:

1) Avery John
2) Stern John
3) Carlos Edwards
4) Cornell Glen
5) Dennis Lawrence
6) Clayton Ince
and many others from the 2006 World Cup.

The question on my mind, is who is going to carry our nations hopes to the world cup in 2014? All eyes are now on the U20's, but who stands out for you in this team? Gay? Hyland? Da Silva who else?

These players need to be given time to play "proper" opposition in preparation for the next WC qualifiers and to gel. I think the experience the U20's will get now, will serve them well come 2014, but the questions are:

1) Will we have an experienced coach? (To me Latas is a legend on the field and always will be, but has no coaching pedigree). We need a proper coach that can help our players progress and develop, and to get rid of inferiority complexes against the likes of Mexico, CR and USA.

2) Will new blacklists be formed? Favoritisms etc?

3) Will we have sufficient funding from sponsors, Adidas, Bmobile etc?

4) And again who / which players do you think will be participating in our next WC campaign? Ie) I think it should be a mixture of youth and experience, ie) likes of Tinto, Abu Bakr (will have more experience by then), J'lloyd possibly has one more campaign in him, Keon Daniel (needs to shake off the attitude first).

Flex, Tallman, E-man, can anyone of you please set up one link where we can follow our U20's progress? And also viewing streams etc? I for one will stay up watching this.

This team is our future.... :beermug:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: End of a generation?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:48:48 AM »
I think once Cornell stays fit, he will be part of the team, definitely for qualifying if not for the final tournament, but probably coming off the bench. He will be 29 next month.

These are the fellas that shouldn't be anywhere near the team unless we looking to repeat the Latas/Yorke dependence:

Aurtis WHITLEY   (01/05/1977)   
Avery JOHN   (18/06/1975)
Carlos EDWARDS   (24/10/1978)
Clayton INCE   (13/07/1972)   
Cyd GRAY   (21/11/1976)
Dennis LAWRENCE   (01/08/1974)
Keyeno THOMAS   (29/12/1977)
Marvin ANDREWS   (??/??/????)
Stern JOHN   (30/10/1976)
Trent Noel   (??/??/????)

I don't know Clyde Leon age.

Jason might get ah exception because of the kind of player he is...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 07:52:35 AM »
STRIKE SQUAD DEAD
SOCA WARRIORS DEAD

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:00:35 AM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:07:09 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 08:14:03 AM »
I had my doubts about Latas eh, but I'll say this, after watch last night's game, I will prefer to see them forget about nuff ah dem foreign based, and let Latas develop a core of local based into a TEAM.

Keep JLloyd, Birchall, Carlos. Tell Kenwyne to handle he stories at Sunlun and wish him well. Pick up the  men on the U20 and leh we push on to 2014 with dat startin now.

Oh, one more thing, tell Daniel if yuh ever ketch him anyway near where de national team training, we go have to do him sumting devious. STAY WAY!

Other dan dat, give Latas a chance with de local youths. I firmly believe now, after watching last night, dat a TEAM of locals, given time with Latas and Yorke, go be much better dan de fragmented bullshit we gettin when dem foreign based ride in 2, 3 days before a game. I think we could be good enuff to run with de best in de hex by 2014 qualifying.

Give Latas & Yorke a chance! Let dem start now, run some friendlies and watch de ride.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:16:31 AM »
These are the fellas that shouldn't be anywhere near the team unless we looking to repeat the Latas/Yorke dependence:

Wait, the fella you want to drop is the same fella who was our best player over the course of the entire campaign?
The same fella who is one of the few who runs whole game up until the whistle?
You probably just lookin at age and not at the standard of play and energy that Carlos Edwards brings to the team.

Anybody who can RUN for 90 mins should be part of our next team.
Especially if he is our best player.
Yorke and Latas haven't been able to do that for some years now, hence the reason they shouldn't have been in this team.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 08:26:56 AM »
I had my doubts about Latas eh, but I'll say this, after watch last night's game, I will prefer to see them forget about nuff ah dem foreign based, and let Latas develop a core of local based into a TEAM.

Keep JLloyd, Birchall, Carlos. Tell Kenwyne to handle he stories at Sunlun and wish him well. Pick up the  men on the U20 and leh we push on to 2014 with dat startin now.

Oh, one more thing, tell Daniel if yuh ever ketch him anyway near where de national team training, we go have to do him sumting devious. STAY WAY!

Other dan dat, give Latas a chance with de local youths. I firmly believe now, after watching last night, dat a TEAM of locals, given time with Latas and Yorke, go be much better dan de fragmented bullshit we gettin when dem foreign based ride in 2, 3 days before a game. I think we could be good enuff to run with de best in de hex by 2014 qualifying.

Give Latas & Yorke a chance! Let dem start now, run some friendlies and watch de ride.

Watch de ride to not even makin de Hex.

Our BEST players will ALWAYS get contracts abroad and go abroad to ply their trade because it's simply not good enough here.

So you REALLY think a squad of players who are NOT OUR BEST PLAYERS playing in our inferior league will somehow do better?

LOL!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 08:30:06 AM »

Wait, the fella you want to drop is the same fella who was our best player over the course of the entire campaign?
You probably just lookin at age and not at the standard of play and energy that Carlos Edwards brings to the team.

Yorke and Latas haven't been able to do that for some years now, hence the reason they shouldn't have been in this team.

boy if we depend on edwards next WCQ well .... them guys who around 30 now will be 34 next time around 2013 ... so what is ah over 30 team we like so  ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 08:30:41 AM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.

Doh forget young Britto and maybe over the years we may see improvement from Theobald(27), Wolfe(25), Kavaughn Cornell (26), Telesford (25), Andrei Pacheco (24)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 08:31:29 AM »

This will never work, as soon as local player begins to get noticed, he's often on way his way to play outside. Thus hampeing any real plans to use a total/almost local based team.

In any event, the pace and intensity of the local league is in no way close to the level of international football.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 08:31:38 AM »
Colin Samuel too!! Can't understand how he was left out. A couple weeks ago, he scored a brilliant strike against Celtic is a 5 -2 loss. He has pace, experience and he can play on either wing. Can't understand how a man like this was left out for this Keon Daniel????

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 08:34:40 AM »

Our BEST players will ALWAYS get contracts abroad and go abroad to ply their trade because it's simply not good enough here.

So you REALLY think a squad of players who are NOT OUR BEST PLAYERS playing in our inferior league will somehow do better?

LOL!

I happen to believe that given time to play together, they will do better than a "pick-up" squad of foreign based players... yes!
Just my opinion dred.

How good did our Best Premiership Striker do last night and any other night?
Toujour Pret!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »

boy if we depend on edwards next WCQ well .... them guys who around 30 now will be 34 next time around 2013 ... so what is ah over 30 team we like so  ???

Nothing wrong with having some players over 30.
Do you know of any teams that have 0 players over 30?
Let's be reasonable.

The youngsters have to be able to do something.  
Every player on the team has to be able to perform, and for 90 minutes.
Once that is covered, then age doh matter.

This was a problem I had with Yorke and Latas.
Yeh they could still ball, but not for de 90.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 08:48:17 AM »
STRIKE SQUAD DEAD
SOCA WARRIORS DEAD

I understand what you are trying to say but keep in mind that Soca Warrors is now viewed as a national T&T brand for our successful sports men & women in not just football but a variety of sports.
With that in mind such a brand cannot die unless the young men & women of T&T give up competing in sports all together!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:52:00 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 08:57:35 AM »
well wha I go say......

LATERZZ

For far too long we have been sailing on yesterday's wind.

Very appreciative of what you've done but it is time. Do like Leonson Lewis and line up for yuh tickets to the stadium now.

Més que un club.

Offline Lifeisgood

• Jr. Warrior
  • Lively Up Yourself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 09:11:54 AM »

LOL!

I happen to believe that given time to play together, they will do better than a "pick-up" squad of foreign based players... yes!
Just my opinion dred.

How good did our Best Premiership Striker do last night and any other night?
Wham Slates ..how you emotional so?  Like yuh wha men like JC mash yuh up or wha??  ;D  Man rock so wit dat local side nah man!!  ...I don't see a problem with men that like the whole star boy ting and choose to run when they want to.  

I remember people commenting on video clips of the team in training, and saying that the pace is too slow, to laid back...well... if you practice that way, then there should be no shock when we play games in the same manner.

Watching Mex/Honduras last night, men flying to the ball defensively to CLOSE DOWN SPACE (see Clark goal for the opposite of)....offensively, the passing is accurate and played with the right weight ...the 1st touch is always positive..the 2nd touch is looking to do something ..(see K. Daniel for "dilly dally") ...  football with PURPOSE. When my 11 yr old son, who now start to kick ball could say "why isn't Trinidad better technically?"  "why are they just kicking the ball long and hoping for someone to make a play one v. one?" ...then ..hmmmm.  

I am proud that my country was in the mix to make the Hex and vie for a spot in the WC.  We are not a serious football nation, so must have realistic expectations.... look at the stadiumm las night!!?? ..more people going to a Machel concert.  Until we get serious and develop our players ..Technically, Tactically, Physically and Psychologically...we will be mediocre in football...yes we might make the occasional "run" on the backs of our "star" players (see DY and RL) and the Godfathers "gifts" (see JW)....but there will be very little substance to what we are doing.

No sense criticizing the players...they are human beings...we get away with what we are allowed to.  If no standard is set with regards to the 4 elements above..then we will accept anything.  The team lacks leadership right now and it is glaring - the coach whoever that is..wherever he is from, has to set the standard, and must have players that are accountable to those standards.  A healthy mix of youth and veteran players, should lend for more leadership on the field...but we are not seeing it.  Ince and Edwards, seem to be more vocal than others...but cussing and waving your hands at a man, does not constitute leadership.

So, with that said...I hear yuh bredda Slates, the locals seem hungrier than the foreign based....but for me, all I want is a team of players that TAKE PRIDE IN WEARING THE COLORS and are willing to work for everything.  We are a minnow people, will always be, so why don't we play with a chip on our shoulder?? An example of that is Jamaica - they too are minnows in the football ting, and for all the talk they get about being undisciplined and wild...their effort and "chip" is unquestioned...I think we could do with a dose of that...players and admin that are willing to say enough is enough, tired of average players like Landon Donovan and Michael Bradley..to come to Trinidad and "dan it up" and say what dey want, assuming that playing T&T is a easy 3 pts.  

More Pride.  >:(

Never be afraid ....
To turn over your uncertain Future
..to our certain God.

Love one another.  Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 09:14:17 AM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.

Doh forget young Britto and maybe over the years we may see improvement from Theobald(27), Wolfe(25), Kavaughn Cornell (26), Telesford (25), Andrei Pacheco (24)

that roster, if yuh look at it good, does not look that bad.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 09:17:06 AM »
I write this with a heavy heart (and a bottle of puncheon).

The 2010 SA campaign is now officially over, and with it comes the end of a generation. In 2014 we can't rely on:

1) Avery John
2) Stern John
3) Carlos Edwards
4) Cornell Glen
5) Dennis Lawrence
6) Clayton Ince
and many others from the 2006 World Cup.

The question on my mind, is who is going to carry our nations hopes to the world cup in 2014? All eyes are now on the U20's, but who stands out for you in this team? Gay? Hyland? Da Silva who else?

These players need to be given time to play "proper" opposition in preparation for the next WC qualifiers and to gel. I think the experience the U20's will get now, will serve them well come 2014, but the questions are:

1) Will we have an experienced coach? (To me Latas is a legend on the field and always will be, but has no coaching pedigree). We need a proper coach that can help our players progress and develop, and to get rid of inferiority complexes against the likes of Mexico, CR and USA.

2) Will new blacklists be formed? Favoritisms etc?

3) Will we have sufficient funding from sponsors, Adidas, Bmobile etc?

4) And again who / which players do you think will be participating in our next WC campaign? Ie) I think it should be a mixture of youth and experience, ie) likes of Tinto, Abu Bakr (will have more experience by then), J'lloyd possibly has one more campaign in him, Keon Daniel (needs to shake off the attitude first).

Flex, Tallman, E-man, can anyone of you please set up one link where we can follow our U20's progress? And also viewing streams etc? I for one will stay up watching this.

This team is our future.... :beermug:
You left off the most important question:

1) Can we get change at the head of the TTFF? Can Oliver 'Hulsie-X' Camps be moved?
Can we convince someone like Shaka or even Nakhid (someone who is young and vibrant and not just another of Jack's puppets that is willing to be transparent with TTFF finances and actually has played and cares about the future of T&T football) to stand up for TTFF elections in November?

If we can get the head/brains correct then the rest of the body will start doing what’s required and will soon start getting fit and ready for the world cup qualification battles ahead!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 09:25:35 AM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.

So is wha Corn Curls do allyuh?!! Add Kevon Neaves (*sp) and Judah Hernandez as well to de mix

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 09:31:32 AM »

LOL!

Palos is like them fellas memory bad!
Is like they forget that our almost strictly local squad failed to even progress in the Caribbean Cup, couldn't qualify for the Gold Cup and got shock beatings from Bermuda and Grenada!
They even forced JW to relax his blacklist (besides for the two so-called gang leaders Brent & Kelvin) to help him save a bit of face about hijacking this campaign!

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »
change is what its all about
check out that Bahrain squad that play yesterday and see how much men are left over from 2005, them ent miss a stride.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 11:09:45 AM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.

How come yuh ent put Zamora name on deh Palos?

;D            >>>>>                                  :heehee:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.

:devil: was wondering the same thing eh...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 11:49:54 AM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.

We eh need he is a new generation and he niether old or new.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 12:01:39 PM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.

So is wha Corn Curls do allyuh?!! Add Kevon Neaves (*sp) and Judah Hernandez as well to de mix
yea Lester Peltier gotta be in dey he might just be our best player in the next generation wait he turn 21 yesterday o some right?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 12:02:51 PM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.

If we had him from the beginning we would not have been in this situation.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 01:31:04 PM »
What's old is new again.

Look at this quote from 1972

That is why in 1972, as indeed in the past years, it is always the same players as if they have somehow gained for themselves a monopoly in the game. It seems that we have no sense of continuum here, so that the Press instead of wondering why Maple and Malvern have to resort to people like Arthur Browne and Alvin Corneal gush about the veteran "stars".

Not that Corneal, and in some instances Browne, did not star but surely implicit in this fact is the inescapable point that our football in 1972 was at the same level as when both these players were in their prime.
-Keith Smith

Now just as they let go of Corneal and Browne to get the '74 team, Latapy and Yorke are gone and new players will step up.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 01:42:42 PM »
we may see improvement from Theobald(27),

NAH!!....forget it.....he hopeless.......I hope not to see him on the team ever again!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 02:07:05 PM »
Marvin Phillip
Glenroy Samuel
Jan Michael Williams
Abu Bakr
Makan Hislop
Robert Primus
J Lloyd Samuel
Julius James
Yohance Marshall
Sheldon Bateau
Akeem Adams
Daniel Cyrus
Akiel Edwards
Hayden Tinto
Clyde Leon
Carlos Edwards - captain
Christopher Birchall
Jake Thompson
Sean De Silva
Keon Daniel
Leston Paul
Khaleem Hyland
Hughton Hector
Darryl Roberts
Kendall Jagdeosingh
Kenwyne Jones
Cornell Glen
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Lougheed
Jamal Gay

Life goes on.

If we had him from the beginning we would not have been in this situation.

Really ok
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>