April 23, 2024, 03:34:26 PM

Author Topic: I GOT WHAT I WANTED, KINDA  (Read 1624 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I GOT WHAT I WANTED, KINDA
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:51:45 AM »
we didnt win
BUT we showed alot more heart than the last game
i still believe Keon Daniel does not deserve to be in the squad, EVER
three things i noticed were different
INCE found his football brain
ANDREWS was not playing
DANIELS did not start

ah well back to the drawing board, we have 4 and 3/4 years to get latas the coaching experience he needs, or waste money on foreginers that we hire the wrong ones, we shit up or cant afford to pay.

food for thought

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I GOT WHAT I WANTED, KINDA
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 08:55:22 AM »
I totally agree with u.  The guys played well.  First time during this HEX i see men tracking back and covering for each other on a regular basis.  But goals win matches, we had our chances and DIDN'T put them away.

However, I have to disagree with the whole Keon Daniel scene.  I for one has recognized is failure to build on his performances from the semi-final round but he should be kept around the National setup.  If Latas is retained as Head Coach then he could work with him more and change his whole mental attitude and approach in the game.

From that team  yesterday below are the guys dat should be kept for the future to build with some from the U-20's:

Abu Bakr (solid defender in the making)
Glenn
JOnes
Daniel
Tinto
Jlloyd Samuel
Carlos (Capt for the next Campaign)
Hugthon Hector
Jan Michael Williams
Marvin Phillips

And I think Latas shouldn't make it a point to call back no set of foreign based players for the remain games.  This is where we start building!!
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
If we play like last night..............
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 09:16:52 AM »
for the remaining games, we might possibly help El Salvador to the 4th spot.  They haven't lost at home yet and Costa Rica who seems to be in a free fall has us and US as their remaining matchups.  If we somehow take all 3 points from Costa Rica, their chance at 4th may hinge on the last match they play against the US in DC.  Considering dem f**kers went an give Honduras ah big victory we should do dem ah favor an cut dey ass good an proper fuh dat (an fuh beatin we in Tobago too).  Now wouldn't that be some f**k up irony considering we was in the driver seat to hand El Salvador a cutass at home at the begining of the hex?!!

As fuh last night I eh mad at them fellas at all.  KJ put in a decent effort (and in case allyuh eh notice he fus touch was on point las night) but despite his physical attributes he doesn't fit in the current set up.  Leon and Noel work like if they been playing together for years and Samuel was a f**kin killa on de field.  Overall de defense was solid and Ince did well.  Keon Daniel?!  Why?!!  Baptiste in midfield?!!  Why?!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:19:24 AM by Flickin Killa a/k/a Mad Scorpion »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If we play like last night..............
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:48:52 AM »
I feel the same way you are thinking and I hope it happens that way,to say that I am dejected and deflated is an understatement but the writing was on the wall a long time ago.I still stayed up and was hoping for the best,the thing is,we could have won the game by at least 3-1,had we done, ES and us could have been possibly fighting for the 4th spot,why de hell we didn't play like that from the start.I am feeling the pain like all other Trinis and I know that we are much better than some of the results we had,I hope our officials can get together and sort the internal problems that have plagued our football from time,we have the neucleus to get us to Brasil in 2014 and that should be our focus from to-day.I had to endure the headlines in the English papers to-day,"England storm into the World Cup 2010",we on the other hand stormed out of the WC and Africa 2010,sad but true. :'( :'( :'(

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 10:10:43 AM »
I totally agree with u.  The guys played well.  First time during this HEX i see men tracking back and covering for each other on a regular basis.  But goals win matches, we had our chances and DIDN'T put them away.

However, I have to disagree with the whole Keon Daniel scene.  I for one has recognized is failure to build on his performances from the semi-final round but he should be kept around the National setup.  If Latas is retained as Head Coach then he could work with him more and change his whole mental attitude and approach in the game.

From that team  yesterday below are the guys dat should be kept for the future to build with some from the U-20's:

Abu Bakr (solid defender in the making)
Glenn
JOnes
Daniel
Tinto
Jlloyd Samuel
Carlos (Capt for the next Campaign)
Hugthon Hector
Jan Michael Williams
Marvin Phillips

And I think Latas shouldn't make it a point to call back no set of foreign based players for the remain games.  This is where we start building!!

Yeah Carlos should definitely be made the captain for the next campaign as he leads by example, still need to improve his crossing however!

And how yuh leave out Birchall, he still quite young and was the next hardest worker on the field for this campaign after Carlos!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »
Add Birchill to the lst with Gay hyland- Julius- Marshall.
 Actualy I would call up Jagdeosingh- Julius for the next W/ C game.

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »
my bad for not mentioning Birchie but my list was based on who was in the total squad yesterday.  But he is a must have once fit and playing regularly at club level.  Along with Gay, Hyland, Roberts, Jaggy...., Julius.

We have a good base to build from.  Proper planning is SO vital over the next 4 yrs. 
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

1]; } ?>