April 23, 2024, 08:14:03 AM

Author Topic: Warner backs Latas, Yorke for the future  (Read 4326 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner backs Latas, Yorke for the future
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:09:57 AM »
Warner backs Latas, Yorke for the future.
By: Nigel Simon (Trinidad Guardian).

Fifa vice-president and T&T Football Federation (TTFF) special advisor Jack Warner, has given his full support to national coach Russell Latapy and his assistant, Dwight Yorke. Following the Soca Warriors’ elimination from qualifying for South Africa 2010 on Wednesday night, there were calls for the coaching staff to be fired. Contacted by phone yesterday, Warner dismissed any idea of replacing the coaching staff, at least not before the team plays its remaining matches away to Costa Rica (October 10) and four days later at home to Mexico. “Latapy has two more matches to go in this campaign and it will make little sense to make any changes to the technical staff at this moment.

“Following the end of the qualifying matches, we will have discussions with some of the senior players who are still in the plans of the coaching staff and discuss a way forward for the national team,” added Warner. “There will also be a need for us to evaluate why a team with so much stars at the international level, cannot seem to find the back of the net.” Warner said plans would be put in place to solicit assistance for Latapy and Yorke to go abroad and develop their coaching. Looking ahead to the next World Cup, Warner said, “We have already began to plan for 2014. “The Under-20 team will be participating in the World Cup in Egypt in two weeks and the senior coaching staff may well have to start looking at some of those players to incorporate them into the senior squad.

“We must now invest in our local coaches like we never did before because the time for quick fix is over. “We have to look towards a long term programme and two weeks after our final match against Mexico, the T&TFF and the technical staff will sit with some of the players and discuss our long term plans,” said Warner. Since taking over the team from Colombian Francisco Maturana, Latapy has been in charge for five World Cup qualifiers, four of which have ended in defeats, Costa Rica (2-3), Mexico (1-2), Honduras (1-4) and USA. The lone win came against El Salvador by a 1-0 margin. The Warriors also played a friendly international against St Kitts/Nevis and came away with a narrow 3-2 win.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 08:26:06 AM by E-man »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner backs Latas, Yorke for the future
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 07:19:16 AM »
Please all put in all yuh blackberries I in meh me2 d date of d meeting to discuss our football future. D date is d 28th of oct. 2 wks after d Mexico game. All yuh talkin bout revolution lets strt by makin dem accountable. Come oct 28th leh we all call d TTFF and ask dem bout d meeting. Let we call Nigel Simon who write d article and ask bout it. Everytime dey say x happenin by y date leh we hold dem accountable. Leh we form a facebook grp etc. It might not change anyting but it go at least ld average waggonist b lil aware.

WN press do a release everytime a date pass when someting was 2 happen and it eh happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 08:50:59 AM »
Please all put in all yuh blackberries I in meh me2 d date of d meeting to discuss our football future. D date is d 28th of oct. 2 wks after d Mexico game. All yuh talkin bout revolution lets strt by makin dem accountable. Come oct 28th leh we all call d TTFF and ask dem bout d meeting. Let we call Nigel Simon who write d article and ask bout it. Everytime dey say x happenin by y date leh we hold dem accountable. Leh we form a facebook grp etc. It might not change anyting but it go at least ld average waggonist b lil aware.

WN press do a release everytime a date pass when someting was 2 happen and it eh happen.

I like dis idea and I am willing to do my part!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »

I like dis idea and I am willing to do my part!

GR8 we have 1 soldier on board who else willin 2 do sumting except yhap. We also could b emailing  d federation. Let dem get bombarded on d 28th. Let c who in d media will help wit d follow up plan
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »
I am in too. Let me know how I can be a part of this movement.

Whatever happened to Shaka and FPATT. We can surely use their assistance.

Can we get the newspaper to print our disgust or Ctnt to air our disgust with this football federation?

The revolution must go on.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 09:51:15 AM »
4get FPATT do what u have 2 do. We need to write d letters 2 d editors/send email 2 dem sports commentators. Andre talkin football sat call in and say we goin and try 2 hold dem accountable. We can only try just like Eman trackin d money dey get somebody need to track d set ah promises. Strtin wit d so call meeting on d 28th.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 10:30:54 AM »
I'm in. Good work Weary
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 10:36:23 AM »
I'm in. Good work Weary

I does not bump meh gum like nuff peeps in these parts. We have 2

C what we can do 2 help d footballers

Educate d public because d fact dat d average person so dotish bout d goings and comings makes it easier for d croonies

Bombard d media and d TTFF wit dey own words

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 06:12:20 AM »
I'm in. Good work Weary

Educate d public because d fact dat d average person so dotish bout d goings and comings makes it easier for d croonies

Oh ho like the politifact.com's truth-o-meter????......hhhhhhmmmmm I always willing to sacrfice being banned by the TTFF from seeing games for a good cause....let me ruminate on this and get back to ya....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 07:53:34 AM »
Let some of the good scribes come up with a balanced letter and let us all put our signatures to this open letter to the TTFF.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »
I'm in.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »
I'm in. Good work Weary

Oh ho like the politifact.com's truth-o-meter????......hhhhhhmmmmm I always willing to sacrfice being banned by the TTFF from seeing games for a good cause....let me ruminate on this and get back to ya....

U done in ahready because me neva hear bout dat and I BING IT . So I c a child board being develop. Message 2 d mods

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 09:25:23 AM »
tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 09:28:26 AM »
great stuff Weary
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 09:31:10 AM »
great stuff Weary

Nutten eh happen yet but I like the politifact. We could b socawfact

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 09:34:42 AM »
great stuff Weary

yeah, start a thread with that title
but as someone mentioned, AJW, would just LOVE to BAN someone :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 09:37:13 AM »
great stuff Weary

He eh own d HCS so NOBODY CYAH GET BAN

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 08:18:33 PM »
great stuff Weary

Yuh really believe dat?!

One way of banning folks without owning the HCS is raising prices for diehard supporters like yuhself!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
great stuff Weary

but as som
eone mentioned, AJW, would just LOVE to BAN someone :devil:

Yuh really believe dat?!

One way of banning folks without owning the HCS is raising prices for diehard supporters like yuhself!  ;)

I eh tink is dat Brown meant if we strt 2 publicly call him out he may but me on he blacklist when I call 800 fans.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »
great stuff Weary

but as som

Yuh really believe dat?!

I eh tink is dat Brown meant if we strt 2 publicly call him out he may but me on he blacklist when I call 800 fans.

Yuh done black already so no need to worry bout dat!

Carry on with the campaign, full steam ahead!

If loads of folks join the campaign then they cyah blacklist everybody, too much money to lose!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 08:58:42 PM »
great stuff Weary

but as som

Yuh really believe dat?!

Yuh done black already so no need to worry bout dat!

Carry on with the campaign, full steam ahead!

If loads of folks join the campaign then they cyah blacklist everybody, too much money to lose!

Numbers is a book in d bible me eh move by numbers.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 12:28:39 AM »
I aint joining all yuh before JW ban meh from all the games  :devil:

jk

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 08:02:05 AM »

Cosign ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 08:43:16 AM »
Guys,
          One of the things the local home must try to do is tofind out who are the members of each regional assocation like NFA, EFA, SFA, etc and start a letter writing putting them to task for voting Jack constantly. Then we also must get to the officers of all the clubs association to the TTFF and start a dialogue and move on from there.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 08:46:39 AM »
deeks...we need to talk
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 01:19:45 PM »
Big Mag,
                 I will get in touch with you!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »
Guys,
          One of the things the local home must try to do is tofind out who are the members of each regional assocation like NFA, EFA, SFA, etc and start a letter writing putting them to task for voting Jack constantly. Then we also must get to the officers of all the clubs association to the TTFF and start a dialogue and move on from there.

That sound like a plan.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 12:20:27 PM »
The Associations need to get rid of Camps first- Jack is advisor, Football needs a General election with all the clubs represented.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 12:22:04 PM »
The Associations need to get rid of Camps first- Jack is advisor, Football needs a General election with all the clubs represented.

U cyah even find out when d election iz.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 04:20:59 PM »

U cyah even find out when d election iz.

I am sure I read somewhere on this very forum that it is in November this year!

Just ask Tallman, he know everything! He probably even know which day the Lord coming back down to take over the town like King Kong!  :D

1]; } ?>