April 19, 2024, 12:21:24 AM

Author Topic: Don’t blame Latapy for Soca Warriors’ failure  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Don’t blame Latapy for Soca Warriors’ failure
« on: September 11, 2009, 04:49:32 AM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Newsday)

FORMER national football star Leroy De Leon is urging local football authorities that they should focus on the Under-20 team if Trinidad and Tobago are to have a chance of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

De Leon, regarded as one of the best players produced by Trinidad and Tobago, had stated publicly that the Soca Warriors should not have been focusing on qualifying for the World Cup which will be held in South Africa next year.

Instead he said, the objective should have been developing a team for future competitions.

De Leon, a creative midfielder in his day, urged the public not to blame former playmaker Russell Latapy and now national coach for the TT loss to the United States at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Wednesday night.

The 1-0 defeat eliminated the 2006 World Cup finalists from qualifying for the 2010 World Cup.

“I really feel sorry for Latapy because he was a great player who should have stayed with Falkirk and develop his coaching, rather than come down here to play for TT in the qualifiers,” said De Leon.

“Latapy just did not have the resources to work with in the game and in the campaign, as did Colombian coach Francisco Maturana,” he said.

He made it clear that he does not agree with the transition process from player to coach.

“This is because as a player you hang out with the players as friends, you drink a beer, you probably go to parties and therefore it will obviously be difficult to try and discipline and play according to your style,” De Leon said.

De Leon also lashed out at some of the country’s overseas players. He accused them of playing as though they are on vacation when they are representing TT in the qualifiers. “I have seen some of these players perform with tremendous intensity when they are playing for their team, but when they come to represent Trinidad and Tobago they play as though they are on vacation and that they should not take extra precaution,” he said.

De Leon is advising the power that be to turn their attention on the Under-20 team for the next World Cup, as well as the Under-17s and the Under-15s.

He explained that the country does not have good youth teams which is not good for the development of the game in the twin-island republic.

Meanwhile former manager of the TT team Richard Braithwaite said while it is unfortunate that we did not qualify, there are major lessons to be learnt.

“It is very unfortunate especially since TT qualified for the last World Cup .There are some important lessons to be learnt and what is needed now is a comprehensive review of the entire campaign from the very start.

“A World Cup campaign is a three-year-odyssey at least and if you start off on the wrong foot and you continue to misstep along the way then it is difficult to succeed,” Braithwaite said.

He also sympathised with Latapy, saying it is not his fault. He feels there is a need to look deeper and analyse some of the structural issues affecting football.

“It is important to forget the blame game and the search for scapegoats. This is not rocket science and if a dispassionate analysis is conducted from the end of the last campaign to now, the issues that need to be addressed will emerge,” Braithwaite said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Don’t blame Latapy for Soca Warriors’ failure
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 05:53:52 PM »
Why Leroy doh study FC South End and stay of de international scene, all of a sudden ex players get mouth.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
Why Leroy doh study FC South End and stay of de international scene, all of a sudden ex players get mouth.

Ent?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 06:57:39 PM »
wha he say wrong?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 07:19:27 PM »

Ent?

wha he say wrong?

I wondering the same as well!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 07:40:27 PM »

Ent?

wha he say wrong?

I wondering the same as well!
In the hanging with the players aspect of his interview ,..said interview which the author most likely instigated in the first place ,was also on my mind . An article I read here about some players calling the manager "Magic" .I thought the handle was just to casual ,tbh ,I wonder if the Kaiser use to let his players refer to  him as that ...........even doh I like the name Magic,and I will call him that .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:42:28 PM by Quagmire »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »
A week ago i most likely would've said , fack latas ! we need ah foreign coach, but after watching that U.S. game on wednesday i think he could do ah decent job of organizing the team, and derserves ah longer stint as head coach.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »

Why the f**k you could talk wha you want on this board and a former T&T player cyah say wha the f**k he want wha make your words so valuable and I'll bet you don't have resume like leroy does.

Your response sounds young and imature........

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 08:33:57 PM »
A week ago i most likely would've said , fack latas ! we need ah foreign coach, but after watching that U.S. game on wednesday i think he could do ah decent job of organizing the team, and derserves ah longer stint as head coach.

Just Cool, ah glad that you yourself acknowledging that you does get too emotional and finally realise that Latas is a relatively young coach who can only build-up more experience and get better with time, like a fine wine.

But you know as per usual Father Jackula may have different ideas which I believe he has already hinted at.

Latas and Yorke will be allowed to carry on until the end of the Hex and unless we all start campaigning from now for Latas to be kept on beyond that our new senior head coach is likely to be Vranes depending on how the U-20's perform in the World Cup in Egypt.

Latas best hope is to at least win our last Hex game at home versus Mexico and before that to get a decent performance from his senior players away to Costa Rica as well! If Latas doh impress in his last two Hex games in charge and the U-20's do a decent job in Egypt then Latas and Yorke could start packing their coaching bags for England from now and mentally prepare themselves for the next inevitable use and discard blood sucking move by Jackula!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:49:49 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »
Well after I hear he and d foreign base was in 1st class and d rest in economy I say we eh learn nutten from d Don and we need a foreign coach. Latas and Yorke use 2 b in 1 hotel and d coach in another we back to ground zero.

LOUDDDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 08:46:57 PM »
We should get we own jet .

We coulda borrow Patos own if he did buy it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
As a coach ,if u eint paying the bills u cant really  tell the boss which tickets to buy .Now there is a clause where as a coach u could stick by your players and ride coach too.But this only will occur if as a team your players will die for you and pour there blood and guts out . ...........that never happened.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 09:00:26 PM by Quagmire »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »
As a coach ,if u eint paying the bills u cant really  tell boss which tickets to buy .Now there is a clause where as a coach u could stick by your players and ride coach too.But this only will occur if as a team your players will die for you and pour there blood and guts out . ...........that never happened.

D Don rode 1st class but d team ride coach 2gether.  UTTER RUBBISH/LOUD STEUPS

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »
so what stoping them from riding first class ? ;D

Whoever responsible 4 buyin tickets. I guess I cyah blame dem JW might just deduct d 1st class tickets from d pay that dey eh get.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 09:07:03 PM »

*FAINTS*
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 09:31:46 PM »
of course not..dont blame Latapy..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 02:34:19 AM »

*FAINTS*
Listen lady, i'm not so arrogant tuh remain in ignorance and not admitt when i was wrong, after all that's the whole human experience, trial error and modification.

hence the reason why the developing world so inefficient, that BC they don't concede too failur, and employ modification measures to improve on ah failed venture.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:37:20 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 07:14:33 AM »

Why the f**k you could talk wha you want on this board and a former T&T player cyah say wha the f**k he want wha make your words so valuable and I'll bet you don't have resume like leroy does.

Your response sounds young and imature........

You is a bold head cont or wha... me eh cuss nobody, why de cussing... then guess what....

F00ck Leroy DeLeon, when he use to play for T&T them men use to make Jack and the TTFF bull them and do them all kinda shit and now they not with T&T anymore and all of a sudden they know everything.

Why de hell he didn't stand up when he had de chance to make a different or make an opinion count.

His opinion NOW don't mean shit and cant change nothing.

He is coach of FC South End and them SUFFERING !!!! why de f00ck he eh do somthing with them then. I know he have connections with de club in some way even if he is not they coach anymore. If Rougier did stay in England Leroy woulda be out of a job, he woulda be woking taxi all now not giving a shit about football or Latapy..

Next 10 years you will hear Sancho real story too... everybody have a f00cking story when they cah make again.

De only man to stand up to Jack was Yorke and he earn his respect.

Latapy try his best and FAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f00ck how we play against a US team who had a off day... WE STILL LOST !!!!!!! they came here and BEAT we for de umteen time..... Latapy need some work, but how serious is he to move up a level and get more mordernise and start believing in PREPARATIONS is IMPORTANT and not running in Tobago Recreation park trying to get fit... !!!!!!

So go f00ck yuh self saga puto !!!!!! yuh contangarous cont....
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 07:19:24 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 07:38:47 AM »
Under your collar is getting hotter.... :devil:

Like if Leroy did say it earlier matters would be any different,the man speaks from personal experience
By now we are all aware of the problem and what it solution is,however the one porpoising the solution is the problem..... :devil:
Remember this Leroy and the man them from those times payed the price for some of the so called progress we see today...you may say he bitter however he is not the only one,Galley has been speaking up for some time now,voices that has been absent ... Archie,Steve David
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

Remember this.....If we keep dividing how can we ever unite

Unity is the only way we will ever get our football back

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 07:57:34 AM »
"He accused them of playing as though they are on vacation when they are representing TT in the qualifiers. “I have seen some of these players perform with tremendous intensity when they are playing for their team, but when they come to represent Trinidad and Tobago they play as though they are on vacation and that they should not take extra precaution,” he said."

:-X Mouth shut...eyes wide open.  :o
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 08:30:13 AM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Newsday)

Meanwhile former manager of the TT team Richard Braithwaite said while it is unfortunate that we did not qualify, there are major lessons to be learnt.

“It is very unfortunate especially since TT qualified for the last World Cup .There are some important lessons to be learnt and what is needed now is a comprehensive review of the entire campaign from the very start.

“A World Cup campaign is a three-year-odyssey at least and if you start off on the wrong foot and you continue to misstep along the way then it is difficult to succeed,” Braithwaite said.

He also sympathised with Latapy, saying it is not his fault. He feels there is a need to look deeper and analyse some of the structural issues affecting football.

“It is important to forget the blame game and the search for scapegoats. This is not rocket science and if a dispassionate analysis is conducted from the end of the last campaign to now, the issues that need to be addressed will emerge,” Braithwaite said.

the most constructive part of the report...awareness of the problems, is the 1st step to resolution of such....right JC ?...though sometimes more problems may have been  created in the burning of the bridges, in defending the previous stance

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 09:09:15 AM »
Deleon don't have nothing to prove to anyone on this site. Not one f--fing thing.  He has been thru his scraps with the TTFF(A) before. He was not a member of the Haiti squad. Deleon has on a couple of occasions(before socawarriors.net was formed) voiced his opinion on TT football. Some agreed, some did not.  He like many of us preferred to stay abroad where things worked in his favour.

The guys on this site who grew up seeing Latas as a player feels Latas can do no wrong. When some of us question some of his decision like is blasphamy. Well, I have news for all yuh. Wait and see if and/or when he gets the job extended. Then you go see pressure in he bam-bam.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 09:33:32 AM »

*FAINTS*
Listen lady, i'm not so arrogant tuh remain in ignorance and not admitt when i was wrong, after all that's the whole human experience, trial error and modification.

hence the reason why the developing world so inefficient, that BC they don't concede too failur, and employ modification measures to improve on ah failed venture.
if only AJW could think like that after 35 YEARS
leh me say it slow.............thir..............teee...............five........................YEARS :o
Good stuff Just Cool
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>