March 28, 2024, 02:32:52 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Egypt Game (24-Sept-2009).  (Read 78284 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Egypt Game (24-Sept-2009).
« Reply #450 on: September 24, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »
If Clarence dont start the next game the coach is an imp!

Oh and De Sliva should be water boy!
Tough...not fair. He had a bad game but he's still young.  Give the man a bligh nah....jeeze.....
Tough? Sport is dog eat dog and about winning. Until we adopt that mentality we will continue to be 'plucky losers'. He go get a bligh when he put in a better performance than today. I seriously thought he did not want to get his white strip dirty.

That is not a mentality it is reality.  Players have bad games.  Granted he pick the wrong time to do it but don't kill the poor kid.  That is idiotic to kill a kid for having a bad game....It doh have nothing to do with dog eat dog....that's just bull sh*# man.

Arimaman.....from the few times I've seen of De Silva.....he is lacking that something that makes him look like he belongs on a national team.....in other words, its not a matter of having a bad game today.....I think Touches has always made that observation about him....but since I've only seen him a few times, I'll leave it to the forumites who would have seen him play regularly to give a better or more fair assessment....
speeed and he gets bumped of the ball to easy

u sayin he has speed? because i saw dat baldhead egyptian who scored d first goal against us totally an completely outrun him. an that happened more than once.

Warrior Queen he was responding to my post where I said he was lacking something....

oh ok  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 24, 2009, 02:58:59 PM »
vranes and corneal could do alot better, they are not up to par as coaches on an intl level, the mistakes the youths made tonight can be fixed by better coaches, when they added corneal to the staff it was all downhill, corneal is a shithound and cant coach, vranes being from serbia should have dem boys playing alot more fluid football in the middle, recovery was terrible when it should be up to par, once again, the ttff go for half decent coaches and shithound asst coach
Possible true but yuh have to have players to play a certain way.  Who says we have players to do what the coach would really like to do.  Me eh like Corneal as much as you but our quality of players is lacking guys....we are just not necessarily up to stuff on the WC level....

trust me breds, with an excellent strength and conditoning coach and a good technical staff which includes a better coach and asst coach to organize that defense and transition defense wth the mid, we will be playing alot better ball with this same team, this same team would have held egypt to a 1-1 draw but corneal and vranes are not good enough...

once again it doesnt matter how much intl matches they play, its all about the coaches and training staff... not up to par, we have the skill and raw talent and that needs to be harnessed...

Saddest all that is talk.  Who feeding them?  Who paying them?  It's easy to make recommendations when in fact is it difficult to execute.  Pretty much every team in the WC except us using exclusing professional players.  Shoot, we still have men going to school.  
I not disagreeing with you that those things need to be done but we really have limited resources.  By the way, I disagree that the coaches don't know how to organize the defense.  Vranes has his badges and knows the game.  I think those statements are somewhat unfair....I think you are off base, great players make good coaches look great.  Trust me lad, we don't have the players.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 24, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »
vranes and corneal could do alot better, they are not up to par as coaches on an intl level, the mistakes the youths made tonight can be fixed by better coaches, when they added corneal to the staff it was all downhill, corneal is a shithound and cant coach, vranes being from serbia should have dem boys playing alot more fluid football in the middle, recovery was terrible when it should be up to par, once again, the ttff go for half decent coaches and shithound asst coach
Possible true but yuh have to have players to play a certain way.  Who says we have players to do what the coach would really like to do.  Me eh like Corneal as much as you but our quality of players is lacking guys....we are just not necessarily up to stuff on the WC level....

trust me breds, with an excellent strength and conditoning coach and a good technical staff which includes a better coach and asst coach to organize that defense and transition defense wth the mid, we will be playing alot better ball with this same team, this same team would have held egypt to a 1-1 draw but corneal and vranes are not good enough...

once again it doesnt matter how much intl matches they play, its all about the coaches and training staff... not up to par, we have the skill and raw talent and that needs to be harnessed...
I think you have a point.

With better coaching and organization at all levels we will improve. You only have to look at the improvemnet of Japan and Korea as an example. The difference between them and us though is resources!!! As much as we may have some natural talent, as a country we have to put our money where our mouth is. The good news is, it can be done. We only have to look at the success of Jamaican Track Athletes as an example.
TnT Patriot

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 24, 2009, 03:08:17 PM »
Good games for Thomson and Primus and if Samuel didnt make that mistake he would be in my list..but he did make 2 brilliant saves

Poor game from De Silva, Cyrus, Gay

Hyland is too casual at times...wake up boy

When we played a 3-5-2 with Primus, Bateau Gonsalves together we didnt concede a goal

1-0 vs Canada 0-0's vs USA and CR

So yea..break it up when we reach the cup?

f**k boy

My side vs Italy

(I feel Rochford tourni done with the injury)

--------------------------------Samuel

-----------Primus--------------Gonsalves--------Bateau

--Thomson----------------------------------------------Adams

-------------------------------Hyland
------------------Molino--------------------L.Paul

----------------------------------De Silva
--------------------------Juma

poor game from cyrus?? u serious he mad emistakes but he also put in vital last min tackles..none of his mistakes resulted in goals.
i agree with de silva who looked out paced all game. samuel needs to communicate better with hsi defence and be quicker off his line.

gay didnt have a poor game cause he didnt have much chance to really get somehting going. lone striker is a hard position most times..he could have shielded the ball better imo.

defence looked pretty good.  desilva was the weak link they attacked down his side from early. next game they shold start with molino maybe.....
hyland is really to casual
thompson good game......score line didnt tell entire story though egypt did have most opportunities
both keeprs made really good saves
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #454 on: September 24, 2009, 03:11:12 PM »
Good games for Thomson and Primus and if Samuel didnt make that mistake he would be in my list..but he did make 2 brilliant saves

Poor game from De Silva, Cyrus, Gay

Hyland is too casual at times...wake up boy

When we played a 3-5-2 with Primus, Bateau Gonsalves together we didnt concede a goal

1-0 vs Canada 0-0's vs USA and CR

So yea..break it up when we reach the cup?

f**k boy

My side vs Italy

(I feel Rochford tourni done with the injury)

--------------------------------Samuel

-----------Primus--------------Gonsalves--------Bateau

--Thomson----------------------------------------------Adams

-------------------------------Hyland
------------------Molino--------------------L.Paul

----------------------------------De Silva
--------------------------Juma

poor game from cyrus?? u serious he mad emistakes but he also put in vital last min tackles..none of his mistakes resulted in goals.
i agree with de silva who looked out paced all game. samuel needs to communicate better with hsi defence and be quicker off his line.

gay didnt have a poor game cause he didnt have much chance to really get somehting going. lone striker is a hard position most times..he could have shielded the ball better imo.

defence looked pretty good.  desilva was the weak link they attacked down his side from early. next game they shold start with molino maybe.....
hyland is really to casual
thompson good game......score line didnt tell entire story though egypt did have most opportunities
both keeprs made really good saves
I thought Cyrus did alright too.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 24, 2009, 03:11:33 PM »
desilva was the weak link they attacked down his side from early. next game they shold start with molino maybe.....

Not maybe....they should start with Molino
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #456 on: September 24, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »

Saddest all that is talk.  Who feeding them?  Who paying them?  It's easy to make recommendations when in fact is it difficult to execute.  Pretty much every team in the WC except us using exclusing professional players.  Shoot, we still have men going to school.  
I not disagreeing with you that those things need to be done but we really have limited resources.  By the way, I disagree that the coaches don't know how to organize the defense.  Vranes has his badges and knows the game.  I think those statements are somewhat unfair....I think you are off base, great players make good coaches look great.  Trust me lad, we don't have the players.

we have the resources, the govt doesnt want to invest neither our rich private sector, i think the only people who feel tt is a poor country is the ones who buying that garbage from the corrupt govts we have had. not saying you breds, but we have the resources and we have the talent, as far as i am concerned, vranes if he was a good coach he would be in serbia, truss me, i have frens who are serbian diehard football fans and they dont think much of him atall, corneal is a pretender who gets his work thru favours not by his vision and knowledge, nor coaching ability.

we have the players, we need a world class coach, asst coach, td and trainer, which we can get bc tt is the richest friggin nation in the caribbean, dont let any of them politicans lie and fool you, pulling wool over the people eyes is their specialty.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 24, 2009, 03:15:55 PM »
De Silva, Leston Paul and Hyland had bad games today.

They're the core of the midifeld.  One could have a off day.  Not 2 and certainly not 3.

Observations:

1 - Disappointing that we played so many "hoof it" balls.  We play with ZERO composure in defence.  Everytime is a "panic" clearance.  Notable exception being Jake Thompson.

2 - I wasn't sure what position Akeem Adams was playing.  Left wing back or Left midfield?  It looked to me as if we had 3 centre backs in Cyrus, Primus, & Bentick.  2 wide men in Thompson and Adams, Hyland & Rochford interchanging wide, De Silva and Paul in the middle, and Gay up front.   If Adams was playing left wing back, he was playing WAY too high and getting caught out regularly.  The opposing right sided player frequently had oceans of space in which to operate.

3 - Samuel is a decent shot stopper.  Very acrobatic.  But doesn't inspire confidence on cross balls.

4 - Primus is definitely one for the future.  I could see why Fenwick was so high on him.  Once he learns to play with composure in the back, he will be VERY GOOD.

5 - Bentick is a solid presence in the back.  Unspectacular but big and strong.  Decent in the air and has a very strong left foot.  Cyrus was ok.  

6 - Nice to see natural left footers in the team....Bentick, Adams, Primus (I believe).  Quite a few of the players were equally comfortable with the ball on the left AND right foot.

7 - Jake Thompson was very impressive.  Best player on the pitch on either side for me althought de alforto fella (de fella who score egypt first goal) was also excellent.

8 - Gay didn't get much service so hard to rate him.  Big, strong, but it looked like Juma Clarence created more problems for the defence when he came on.  To be fair, he came on midway through the 2nd half so defenders already lil tired.  He need to finish his chances.  Tricky and speedy tho.

9 - I like Molino.  The kind of player Trinbagonians love to see.  He can cause problems just from skill.

10 - Too often during the game our shape was non existent.  Defensive discipline includes the midfielders and somethng was way wrong today.  I keep coming back to our lack of composure but we really need to learn to play under pressure.  Too much "boom kick" and not enough constructive play.  This to me belies a lack of confidence in oneself and one's teammates to NOT lose the ball when in possession.

11 - If we REALLY want to improve with this bunch, we need better coaching.  This coaching staff has carried us as far as they can go.  They've done their best and kudos to them for doing so and getting us this far.  We're now ready to take the next step.  There's encouragment here for the future but this current coaching staff cannot cut it.

12 - I like Sean De Silva.  But the honest truth is that playing his football in the United States at the college level is not going to cut it at this level.  Leston Paul had a horrible game too...especially in the first half where he was a non entity.  Hyland was in the game but his passing was woeful.  Hopefully that's an anomaly and not the norm.  However, one could see at times when he had possession, they couldn't get the ball off of him, he shaped well etc.  I also think he's being played out of position but I believe the same of Jake Thompson and look how well he played.  At the end of the day, you're a footballer.  You should be able to play wherever to help your team.

13 - Before ah fuhget.....CONGRATS JEAN LUC ROCHFORD on a well taken goal!  Put it away nicely.  Teach Juma how to do it please  8).  Rochford did well until he had to come off.  Good shift.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:18:51 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 24, 2009, 03:17:43 PM »
I don't know man....ah hate Trinibago football style....and they not looking to change it.....this game give meh ah headache....f**k Trinidad and Tobago football  SUCK.....we glad to qualify...but don't show up to play......
That's not true.  Like ah man say, playing in CONCACAF is one thing, playing on the world stage is another.  I guarantee every player and coach gave everything they had in training or otherwise.  Therefore, to make that statement is unfair.  We may not win, but I guarantee you the coaches and players want to win and did everything they could to be prepared....

wait wait... the players wanted...to win...but not playing  or fighing the game to win...the coach's wanted to win ...but not coaching the team or training to perform to win...is that what you tell me..are you f**king NUT
I wouldn't resort to name calling as I am bigger than that.  How do you know that they not training to win or not coaching to win?  Maybe I'm mistaken but what did you see "coach"?  How do you define not coaching to win?  No sir, those kids fought extremely hard, I don't know what you were looking at.  After we gave up the 3rd goal is really when we started gaining possession and playing better.  That tells me the team is committed to winning.  Can you be more specific in your assessment?
Ok ... my bad for the name calling...my first assessment the friendly how much we play and win...two....we can't play without the ball i see that with senior team and i seeing that with the U20 team...three we can't hold possession..i see that with the senior team and i saw that  today in the game... four...defend..we cannot defend in the middle and our third..i see that with our senior team and i see that in the game today...should i going on..but i will...know fight to win......went we came out in the second half....we came out flat we never put pressure on Egypt...with coaching.. you see a player.. getting burn...but yet still you wait still the 69min to take him off...after the third goal socre..that my assessment...WENT ARE WE GOING TO LEARN..you may think that a good performace...and a lard luck fellas  display...for me they not adressing the problem...we shoulda beat Egypt today..BUT SAME SHIT

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 24, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »

Tough...not fair. He had a bad game but he's still young.  Give the man a bligh nah....jeeze.....
Tough? Sport is dog eat dog and about winning. Until we adopt that mentality we will continue to be 'plucky losers'. He go get a bligh when he put in a better performance than today. I seriously thought he did not want to get his white strip dirty.

So you see the man play one game and ready to banish him forever? Doh mind all the good games he had in the qualifiers and warm-up games, all the goals he scored, etc. This one game for you define him as the worst ting in a tugs

... and on the flip side we see a man play one good game and he is a better crosser than anything on our national team?  ::)

Breds, did I say he is the worst thing in a tugs or he should be bannished from the team? I just think he should be water boy to show him that his pick not certain. Now Juma on ther hand just look like he belong on the starting 11.

Well last time i checked, the water boy was not part of the team....so i think that qualifies as banishing him
Breds, its a figure of speech, its means, he should not start. You not Trini or what?

Breds, anybody who ever get called a water boy never see the field. So come again....nobody does call a substitute (who actually gets some playing time) a water boy. At BEST it's a sub who has a permanent space on the bench.
If you want to take it literal, take win. All the same, De Silva should not start next game.

Offline Kayus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 24, 2009, 03:22:11 PM »
if anyone comes across any highlights online, please post. much thanks.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 24, 2009, 03:26:25 PM »

So you see the man play one game and ready to banish him forever? Doh mind all the good games he had in the qualifiers and warm-up games, all the goals he scored, etc. This one game for you define him as the worst ting in a tugs

... and on the flip side we see a man play one good game and he is a better crosser than anything on our national team?  ::)

If you know about football you can look at the type of crosses Jake played- the pace on them, loop and curl behind the defense and away from the keeper- right between the two-consistently and accurately finding our players in the box- and know you could count on one hand the number of our senior players that can even deliver one of those type crosses in a match, and you can also count on one hand the number of matches you've seen any of them deliver more than one of those type of crosses. Which of our players have you seen hit consistent top quality crosses of that type throughout ANY one match?  

Looking at the way you could see him calculating before he crossed, you see he has it worked out in his mind and know exactly what he's doing- and isn't hit-n-hope like most of our players, float it in when it's supposed to be hit with pace, or cross it to the keeper consistently(or more like how most of our players are trained), so even if he messes up crosses in other matches- you know he actually has the ability to hit that type of cross at least a few times single match- unlike almost all of our players.

Of course a good player is much more than having being a great crosser of the ball- just look at David Bently at tottenham, but this Jake fella showed more than that, and if he keeps on developing his game and himself physically(he looks very fit, but needs to bulk up a bit-like Theo Walcott has done, he looks a bit too small and weak for top level football- he'll prob. get pushed aside a bit too easily), I can really see him making it in England, I just really hope he overlooks the chaos that goes on in T&T football and decides to play for our senior team.

Carlos is a great player, but I maintain that the only reason I feel he didn't make it into the EPL sooner and stayed there is the lax way our players are taught to cross the ball, hit-n-hope. That's not tolerated in the top leagues- the ball being too off target must be an anomaly- cause unlike us-to them crossing isn't a 50-50 dice roll. There'll be the few players top players that are excellent at it and have consistent Beckham-like accuracy, but all players are expected to at least get the ball pretty close to or exactly on target consistently.

Also, give DeSilva a break, the guy just had a bad game, he looked nervous too, he has plenty time to step up his game, he's still young after all.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:32:35 PM by Peter »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 24, 2009, 03:38:35 PM »
Four goals for Pharaohs

Egypt made a winning start to their FIFA U-20 World Cup campaign, defeating Trinidad and Tobago 4-1 in Alexandria. Watched by a crowd of over 84,000, which included FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter and Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, the hosts' goals were almost as memorable as the opening ceremony, which preceded the match.

In a frenetic first half, it was Trinidad and Tobago who had the better of the opening exchanges. Jean-Luc Rochford's free-kick from the edge of the area was palmed past the post by Aly Lofty as the hosts started nervously. However, as the half wore on, Egypt's confidence grew and their first shot on goal, through Shebab Ahmed acted as a starting point for a prolonged period of pressure.

Mohamed Talaat and Ahmed both had half chances and Hussam Arafat should have done better when he stabbed a close-range effort narrowly wide. With their next attack, Ahmed Magdy spun past Daneil Cyrus and fired a shot which whistled just past the upright. The hosts' dominance was finally rewarded with a goal when in the 27th minute Afroto powered his way past Sean De Silva and Uriah Bentick to fire the ball between the legs of Glenroy Samuel and into the net.

Egypt could have doubled their advantage five minutes later, but Samuel made a fantastic flying save to deny Talaat at close range. T&T then broke quickly through Jake Thomson down the right hand side. The Southampton man cut inside, beating several Egyptian defenders in the process, and slipped a ball into the path of Rochford, who finished well.
Buoyed by a passionate crowd, the hosts came out of the blocks quickly after the interval and Samuel made a fantastic save to palm Arafat's downward header out for a corner. From the resulting set-piece , the keeper's weak punch fell to Arafat on the edge of the box, who made no mistake with a low drive. Then, shortly before the hour mark, Talaat got the goal his efforts deserved when he fired home after Samuel could only parry Ahmed's powerful drive into his path.

Despite the deficit, Zoran Vranes's side never gave up and only the quick reflexes of Lofty and the woodwork prevented them from pulling one back. Substitute Juma Clarence sprinted past Ahmed Hegazy before connecting with a high ball, which the keeper deflected wide for a corner. Then, in the closing minutes, the big striker crashed a shot against the post.

The islanders misery was completed in added time when Arafat struck a curling shot from the edge of the box that flew past the keeper, which had both Presidents, Blatter and Mubarak, nodding in approval - and 84,000 Egyptian fans in delirium.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 24, 2009, 03:45:18 PM »
dumalewie...yea ah go bump meh gum on this one.......so you saying that they try their best...went this team is not consistent with basic football in game.....ah could see why you and Arimaman settle for second and third best so you don't have a problem the way they playing...with any team coming out of T&T....that why we get 4...and the last time in 91 they give us 6...you guy's seeing T&T played in a different light...always putting another team ahead of us...i guess that their best...as you say...dumalewie...you have a small goal mentality and by the way....if they did play their best...we woulda win the game

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 24, 2009, 03:54:15 PM »
Good game fellas! i see alot of positives, but also negatives too, De Silva worry me the most. he had no speed or awareness on the ball today. Nice goal at least we score.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 24, 2009, 04:02:14 PM »
Man I hope Sean De Silva eh read this forum till WC done

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #466 on: September 24, 2009, 04:06:17 PM »
For real

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 24, 2009, 04:22:16 PM »
For real

Jah Gol I know you have been following this team from since U-17 days...what are your thoughts/opinions about him??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 24, 2009, 04:23:14 PM »
For real

Was anything that was said about him regarding his performance in today's game inaccurate?

If he harbors ANY ambition at all to be a professional footballer in the top leagues, what was posted here today about his performance is VERY MINOR compared to what professional footballers go through on a regular basis.

What if he had to endure what Stern John deals with from EVERY TEAM'S FANS that he plays for?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:25:43 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 24, 2009, 04:34:04 PM »
lol you guys sure hyland had a bad game seem like every picture of T&T he have the ball at this feet... pics from the official website hylights dey 2...
http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/index.html

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 24, 2009, 04:35:49 PM »

If you know about football you can look at the type of crosses Jake played- the pace on them, loop and curl behind the defense and away from the keeper- right between the two-consistently and accurately finding our players in the box- and know you could count on one hand the number of our senior players that can even deliver one of those type crosses in a match, and you can also count on one hand the number of matches you've seen any of them deliver more than one of those type of crosses. Which of our players have you seen hit consistent top quality crosses of that type throughout ANY one match? 

Looking at the way you could see him calculating before he crossed, you see he has it worked out in his mind and know exactly what he's doing- and isn't hit-n-hope like most of our players, float it in when it's supposed to be hit with pace, or cross it to the keeper consistently(or more like how most of our players are trained), so even if he messes up crosses in other matches- you know he actually has the ability to hit that type of cross at least a few times single match- unlike almost all of our players.

Of course a good player is much more than having being a great crosser of the ball- just look at David Bently at tottenham, but this Jake fella showed more than that, and if he keeps on developing his game and himself physically(he looks very fit, but needs to bulk up a bit-like Theo Walcott has done, he looks a bit too small and weak for top level football- he'll prob. get pushed aside a bit too easily), I can really see him making it in England, I just really hope he overlooks the chaos that goes on in T&T football and decides to play for our senior team.

Carlos is a great player, but I maintain that the only reason I feel he didn't make it into the EPL sooner and stayed there is the lax way our players are taught to cross the ball, hit-n-hope. That's not tolerated in the top leagues- the ball being too off target must be an anomaly- cause unlike us-to them crossing isn't a 50-50 dice roll. There'll be the few players top players that are excellent at it and have consistent Beckham-like accuracy, but all players are expected to at least get the ball pretty close to or exactly on target consistently.

Also, give DeSilva a break, the guy just had a bad game, he looked nervous too, he has plenty time to step up his game, he's still young after all.
Excellent assessment...thank you :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Arimian to meh heart

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 24, 2009, 04:42:28 PM »
BrownSugar, De Silva HAS played MUCH better than he did today, HOWEVER, having said that I think even HE will admit that he played poorly TODAY... but as Palos said, he wasn't the only one! I don't remember our Captain making a single constructive play in the first half! In fact at imes I wondered exactly what he was even doing on the field...BUT he had a MUCH improved second half!!! Based on what I saw today tho, I'd start Clarence instead of De Silva and I also support Small Mag's contribution about the defence... Curtis Gonzales was to me, one of our best defenders in the Qualifying...his lack of height/size might be why he was left out... Vranes seems to likeTall/Big Defenders - Bentick/Primus/Adams, ALL either tall/Big or BOTH... overall the team has room for improvement in tracking players, especially in mid-field... if we learn from today we will do MUCH better against Italy and Paraguay.. once again I hope the technical staff have a GOOD luck at their game tomorow and take COPIUS NOTES to prepare tactically for next week's game... I also agree that Thompson should be drafted into the Senior team... while he may not start, but from today's performance he can cetainly at least contribute something even coming off the bench, and our next two qualifiers are ideal, as we are already eliminated from 2010, so it's the perfect low-pressure forum to exposure young talent to the harsh realities of World Cup Qualifying (Costa Rica and Mexico will BOTH be bringing their "A" game!) Good Luck to the team... I commend the effort... next stop for these guys should be CAC games, followed by the 2012 Olympics and of course Brazil 2014!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 24, 2009, 04:43:21 PM »
dumalewie...yea ah go bump meh gum on this one.......so you saying that they try their best...went this team is not consistent with basic football in game.....ah could see why you and Arimaman settle for second and third best so you don't have a problem the way they playing...with any team coming out of T&T....that why we get 4...and the last time in 91 they give us 6...you guy's seeing T&T played in a different light...always putting another team ahead of us...i guess that their best...as you say...dumalewie...you have a small goal mentality and by the way....if they did play their best...we woulda win the game
Boss, I never ever said the team played well.  Look at my posts.  I said from the 69 minute onwards we started to look organized.  Frankly, for the first 69 minutes it was backs and forwards as we scored against the run of play...  We as a nation doh want to creep before we walk we feel we always ready to reach.  
We taking baby steps partner baby steps.  I know how hard them fellas worked so I will not really criticize them.  In 1990 I worked really hard to be part of the 1991 team and I was not good enough to make the WC team and I knew how hard those guys worked and still get plenty in Portugal.  It's not for a lack of effort but everybody expect us to just train hard  with a bunch of amateurs and show up in Egypt and win.  Not happening!!!
I hoping that we win or at least draw a game and I'll be content with that.  At the end of the day I'm realistic.  Call me a pessimist, but I'm believe I'm a realist.  You keep on dreaming.... to think we could play along with the big boys on a consistent basis....good luck partner.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 24, 2009, 04:46:06 PM »
some ppl on here gettin on like we not supposed to be critical of these players at all. why? because of their age?

dont get me wrong, i think d team had a good game, is jus d result was unfortunate
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 24, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCHFORRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arima MASSIVE  ;D . he does live a walk away from me
Youtube Channel

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 24, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »
Our problems at de back show up at every level.  Men turning square to ball watch and man who dey supposed to be marking running wild behind dey back.  The concentration level is poor.  We always seem to be last to 50-50 balls and rebounds.  Seems like we cyah keep shape with all good intentions for 90 minutes.  Even on de Seniour Team, de so called overseas players on defense playing for tata squads.  Ah lie?  We have midfielders and forwards to spare but defense is an afterthought in our football.  Clean score sheet doh mean nutten...man does pay to see people get rape and dialing wrong number on de field.  Dat mentality have to change.  We must learn to win ugly away from home with a hostile home crowd who monkey glands raise about a month now in anticipation.  This is one of our most prepared teams ever and dey collect wood.  Is Jake Thompson man talking bout when is a few JLloyds who we should be looking for.  Anyway if yuh compare our preparation to Egypt - they played about 80 Internationals before today's game.  Let's upset some teams.  We have de talent to do so.  Go T&T and light it up.   

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 24, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
fellas and female...to be real our standard of football right now...its at a all time low...iam so upset

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 24, 2009, 06:26:32 PM »

thanks man :beermug :beermug:: You from arima, I from arima,goal scorer JeanLuc Rochford from Arima- big ups Arima lol:beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 24, 2009, 06:39:22 PM »

thanks man :beermug :beermug:: You from arima, I from arima,goal scorer JeanLuc Rochford from Arima- big ups Arima lol:beermug:

:beermug: :beermug: Arima!!!
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 24, 2009, 06:45:32 PM »

:beermug: :beermug: Arima!!!
yeah..yeah...yeah
Go Arima :D
YES......VERY WELL DONE ALL ARIMA MASSIVE ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>