March 28, 2024, 02:54:05 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Egypt Game (24-Sept-2009).  (Read 78321 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Egypt Game (24-Sept-2009).
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 09:26:54 PM »
The Egyption fans should support us against the other two teams, after all we have their flag on our jersey.  ::)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 09:28:02 PM »
We have the same colours!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Egypt - Trinidad & Tobago preview: Let the dream begin!!
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 12:40:42 PM »
Egypt - Trinidad & Tobago preview: Let the dream begin!!
By Tamim (egypt.worldcupblog.org)

After long anticipation, our boys will kick off the U-20 world cup matches against Trinidad & Tobago this Thursday at the giant Burg Al Arab stadium, the largest in Africa, in Alexandria next Thursday hoping for the 3 points to give the whole tournament a boost and win fans support when they come here to Cairo in their upcoming games.

A win would set the scene for the tournament and encourage fans to attend other matches, give a boost to the organizers, increase media attention; I can say that the three points would have a magical effect.

Football wise, the game against the Soca Warriors is theoretically the easiest in the group stage compared to Italy and Paraguay and a victory here and another against either Paraguay or Italy would put us in the next round and then things would take another twist as the whole of Egypt will be rallied behind these young men trying to make history for themselves.

Getting ready for the big event, beautiful Alexandria has announced the highest emergency levels as Egypt’s second largest city tries to gather 80 thousand fans in the stadium that day and manage all logistic and organizational issues required which is quiet a challenge (although it has a population of 4 million people, the biggest crowd it had for a football match is 20 thousand), making the challenge bigger is that the stadium is more than 20 Km outside the city.

However, I guess fans will be descending on the stadium in its first official match from all over Egypt especially that it is a holiday season and it is going to be a day to remember.

Now, on to the game

Trinidad & Tobago

To be honest, my knowledge of football in the Caribbean country doesn’t exceed former Manchester United player Dwight York and their participation in world cup 2006 after beating Bahrain in the qualifiers.

After some research, I found out the following

-Their only previous participation at a FIFA U-20 World Cup was in 1991 when Trinidad & Tobago lost all three group matches without scoring a single goal (2-0 v. Australia, 6-0 v. Egypt, 4-0 v. USSR)

• Trinidad and Tobago was the first Caribbean national team to qualify for the FIFA U-20 World Cup.

• Trinidad’s U-20 coach, Serb Zoran Vranes, lead the St.Vincent/Grenadines national team during the FIFAWorld Cup 2006 preliminary competition.

• Trinidad and Tobago has not yet won a match in a FIFA final competition. In 12 games (six in U-17, three in the World Cup and three in the U-20 World Cup) they achieved only one draw (0-0) with Sweden in Dusseldorf during the last FIFA World Cup in 2006.

• At the CONCACAF U-20 championship in 2009, Trinidad and Tobago finished fourth after losing the semi-final against the USA on penalties and the third place match against Honduras.

So we beat them before in the same tournament 6-0 but I guess they have developed a lot since then and will be a much tougher opponent this time.

Generally, like most Caribbean teams, they are characterized with high stamina, speed and a bit of talent so adapting to their physical style will be the key to victory in this game.

Team Roster

1 GK Glenroy SAMUEL - (United Petrotrin, TRI)
2 D Aubrey DAVID - (W Connection, TRI)
3 D Curtis GONZALES - (Joe Public, TRI)
4 D Sheldon BATEAU - (San Juan Jabloteh, TRI)
5 D Akeem ADAMS - (United Petrotrin, TRI)
6 M Leston PAUL - (Univ. South Florida, USA)
7 M Kevin MOLINO - (Ma Pau, TRI)
8 M Sean DE SILVA - (College of Charleston, USA)
9 F Jamal GAY - (Rot-Weiss Oberhausen, GER)
10 F Qian GROSVENOR - (Univ. South Florida, USA)
11 M Khaleem HYLAND - (Zulte Waregem, BEL)
12 D Robert PRIMUS - (San Juan Jabloteh, TRI)
13 F Juma CLARENCE - (United Petrotrin, TRI)
14 M Jean Luc ROCHFORD - (Joe Public, TRI)
15 D Uriah BENTICK - (Liberty Univ., USA)
16 M Marcus JOSEPH - (Joe Public, TRI)
17 D Mekeil WILLIAMS - (Ma Pau, TRI)
18 D Jake THOMSON - (Southampton, ENG)
19 D Daneil CYRUS - (Joe Public, TRI)
20 GK Andre MARCHAN - (Joe Public, TRI)
21 GK Jesse FULLERTON - (Nova Univ., USA)

Egypt

We have been getting ready for this since last January, playing more than 40 games, so I guess we will have the chemistry needed to emerge victorious from the opening game.

My concern is that all the 40 games they played were uncovered by the media and unattended by the fans but this time there will be 80 thousand fans and hundreds of reporters which is going to be kind of a shock for the inexperienced players, I am afraid they won’t be able to cope with; especially if the goals come late.

But fortunately and for the first time in the history of Egyptian football there is a psychiatrist accompanying the team and has been preparing the players for such a situation; I strongly hope that we can such a person in the senior team as we have all seen that our problems are psychological in the first place.

Tactical wise, Miroslav Sokoup, team manager, plays with 4-4-2 formation and has a wide variety of players to choose from; however, players like Mohamed Talaat, Mohamed Abu Gabal (goalkeeper), Ahmed Fathi (Boogy), Islam Shokry appears to be essential for the team.

Formation: we will discover!!

The match

The fans will constitute a pressure on both sides, so the first team to score is going to release all the pressure away from them and put it on the opponent so I hope for an early goal that would make our mission a lot easier.

Also, it is going to be pretty much physical so we have to be up to it.

Prediction: 2-0 for Egypt

Streaming: before the game (if anyone has one, please post it)

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 01:34:06 PM »
I just have a feeling that Egypt will crack under the pressure to perform in front of their large home fans.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA U-20 World Cup: the experts weigh in
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »
FIFA U-20 World Cup: the experts weigh in
cbc.ca

Was it really only two short years ago that the eyes of the soccer world were on Canada when it hosted the FIFA U-20 World Cup?

Time flies when you're having fun, because the biennial event is back, with the tournament kicking off this week in Egypt.

With that in mind, CBC Sports soccer commentators Nigel Reed and Jason de Vos peer into their respective crystal balls and offer their analysis and predictions.

GROUP A: Egypt, Italy, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago

Nigel Reed: As Canada discovered to its embarrassment two years ago, hosting this tournament does not always translate into home advantage. Egypt faces a tough task to satisfy local expectations and needs to win the tournament opener against Trinidad and Tobago to have a realistic chance of progressing to the second round.

Italy and Paraguay appear to be the teams to beat in Group A. The Italians lost in the finals of the European qualifying tournament, while Paraguay beat powerhouse Brazil en route to clinching the runners-up spot in South America.

It has been 18 years since Trinidad and Tobago last qualified for this tournament. In 1991, they left Portugal without scoring a single goal. Expect another early flight back to the Caribbean.

Prediction: 1) Paraguay 2) Italy 3) Egypt 4) Trinidad and Tobago

Jason de Vos: Being the home team, Egypt has a distinct advantage going into the competition. They also have the luxury of opening their campaign against the weakest of the three teams in their group, Trinidad and Tobago.

Trinidad and Tobago finished fourth in CONCACAF as the host nation for that region's qualifiers, and they will be keen to cause a few upsets in Egypt. Expect them to be quick and athletic, but the group of underdogs will have a difficult time on their hands advancing past the likes of Paraguay and Italy.

Paraguay finished runners-up to Brazil, beating the champions in their final qualifying game to clinch a World Cup berth. They are capable of going far in this tournament, as they have numerous players who can find the back of the net. Hernan Perez and Robin Ramirez notched five goals apiece in qualifying, while Federico Santander chipped in with four. If they can rise to the occasion, they could very well finish first in Group A.

To do so, they will have to overcome Italy, a team with a modest record at this age level. Don't be deceived by that though, as Italy will still be a team to watch in Egypt.

The Italians had an unblemished qualifying campaign before losing in the final to Germany 3-1, and came through some difficult groups to get there, overcoming the likes of Croatia and France along the way. Expect to see the traditional catenaccio from the Italians - a well-drilled defensive mindset with the ability to transition quickly onto the offensive foot.

Prediction: 1) Paraguay 2) Italy 3) Egypt 4) Trinidad and Tobago
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 03:24:30 PM »
Can anyone confirm the kick off time(tt time)

I've seen 1pm and 2 45pm lol

I think its 1pm..correct?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »

It's supposed to be 8PM in Egypt...so I am thinking it's closer to 2:45PM TT time (3:00PM).

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »

ive heard 1pm also
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 06:04:36 PM »
Fuentes put 2pm tt time in his Press release

I hope TV6 organise the correct time live

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
I keep hearing 1 pm and 2 pm as the kick off times....it maybe that the opening ceremonies etc. etc is at 1 pm while actual kick off is at 2 pm....I personally hope its the latter....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
The match starting at 20.00 and TnT is 6 hr behind so 14.00 is my guess for kick off TnT time
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 07:56:18 PM »
The match starting at 20.00 and TnT is 6 hr behind so 14.00 is my guess for kick off TnT time

Ah go still miss it it .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 09:12:45 PM »

Ah go still miss it it .

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »
Thursday is a national holiday...how you missing it Weary?

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 10:31:02 PM »
trini go give Egypt a portion for real
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 07:02:12 AM »

::) dais what i want to know too
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline prince2980

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Egypt Under- 20 played 80 warmup games
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 07:11:48 AM »
Hey everyone I was reading this article and the author say that the Egypt Under-20 has played 80 warmup games in preparation for this tournament. They played more warm up games than our Senior World Cup Qualifying squad.......

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=678784&sec=global&cc=5901

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 07:19:39 AM »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt Under- 20 played 80 warmup games
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2009, 07:31:35 AM »
But they are hosts so didn't have to qualify. It is expected they would play more warm-up games than anyone else as for two years they have had no choice but to play loads of friendly games to help prepare themselves.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2009, 07:35:30 AM »
They also played in the qualifying tornament games just as friendlies and would not have qualified.  They placed forth. Their poiints did not count though.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2009, 07:37:13 AM »

Ah go still miss it it .

Cosign

Play it safe and put it on at 1pm
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2009, 07:46:49 AM »

Ah go still miss it it .

Cosign

Play it safe and put it on at 1pm

I hr for some serious water drinking
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2009, 07:56:10 AM »

Meh high school does have a lime every republic so I eh go b home.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline prince2980

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2009, 07:59:46 AM »
Yes they did take part in the qualifying, but their points did not count and they placed 4th. I n addition they played 80 games...this is what amazes me.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2009, 08:08:22 AM »
Yes they did take part in the qualifying, but their points did not count and they placed 4th. I n addition they played 80 games...this is what amazes me.

I wouldn't be. Having experienced Egyptian Supporters...all I will say is; they had to play as many games as possible to gel and fine tune the squad cause if them mess up at home....well. I'm sure the home fans expect a quaterfinal place at the very least.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2009, 08:08:53 AM »
imagine that..all dem warm up games and they'll still be cold against the young warriors!

The young warriors are without a doubt one of the best prepared teams we've ever fielded.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2009, 08:23:05 AM »
imagine that..all dem warm up games and they'll still be cold against the young warriors!

The young warriors are without a doubt one of the best prepared teams we've ever fielded.

How many warm up games, vs who, and what were the results? I know you played Nigeria, USA, Australia...what other countries did your boys play?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2009, 08:28:42 AM »

How many warm up games, vs who, and what were the results? I know you played Nigeria, USA, Australia...what other countries did your boys play?

check here: http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-youth-team/mens-u20.html

1]; } ?>