March 28, 2024, 04:16:39 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Egypt Game (24-Sept-2009).  (Read 78328 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt Under- 20 played 80 warmup games
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2009, 08:32:13 AM »
Who were the opposition,that is important coz if is a load ah weak teams then it means f--k all.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2009, 08:32:34 AM »
imagine that..all dem warm up games and they'll still be cold against the young warriors!

The young warriors are without a doubt one of the best prepared teams we've ever fielded.

How many warm up games, vs who, and what were the results? I know you played Nigeria, USA, Australia...what other countries did your boys play?

Does it matter, he never said we played loads of warm up games, He said they are one of the best prepared Teams we've ever fielded.....and they are.

How many warm-up games Jam play and did they qualify? You always tryin to rain on the parade ent yuh.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Egypt Game (24-Sept-2009).
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2009, 08:58:20 AM »
Thursday is a national holiday...how you missing it Weary?

Meh high school does have a lime every republic so I eh go b home.
yuh goin an look fuh yuh ole boyfriend and them. :rotfl:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2009, 09:06:09 AM »
too bad we dont get espn 360 online in canada only the US, plenty people sucking salt when it coming to seeing these games

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2009, 09:08:58 AM »

I know u want 2 b included in d list of peeps who went 2 school wit me. SORRYYYYYYYY
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2009, 09:10:46 AM »

I know u want 2 b included in d list of peeps who went 2 school wit me. SORRYYYYYYYY
fuh wuh,to go wheelchair race. ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »

fuh wuh,to go wheelchair race. ;D

We go include dat just 4 u
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »
imagine that..all dem warm up games and they'll still be cold against the young warriors!

The young warriors are without a doubt one of the best prepared teams we've ever fielded.

How many warm up games, vs who, and what were the results? I know you played Nigeria, USA, Australia...what other countries did your boys play?

Does it matter, he never said we played loads of warm up games, He said they are one of the best prepared Teams we've ever fielded.....and they are.

How many warm-up games Jam play and did they qualify? You always tryin to rain on the parade ent yuh.

What yuh expect from RF... he sucking salt since 98 and de only action he could get is from de Warriors. We have his TV wokking overtime :rotfl:  Anyway RF since we qualified for our second U-20 Championship tourney we have played South Korea, Paraguay, UAE (3 times), Brazil, Venezuela A & B teams, Costa Rica, Nigeria, USA, Australia and a number of 1st tier and lower-tier clubs. Of all those matches we only won against the Venezuelan B team, UAE and a couple of the club teams...and we tied Nigeria. What JA U-20 warm-up schedule looked like? 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:48:51 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2009, 09:47:19 AM »
I hope captain Paul ready to lead his troop into serious battle...and the young guy ready for war....remember 6-0....they should be pissing mad and wanted to turn the tide

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2009, 09:49:32 AM »
I hope captain Paul ready to lead his troop into serious battle...and the young guy ready for war....remember 6-0....they should be pissing mad and wanted to turn the tide
like how de senior team turn de tide on usa.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2009, 10:14:33 AM »

By the way, I think its totally BS that the tournament will be shown primarily on ESPN360 here in the US (except for the US games). You have to subscribe to one of select cable provider in order to be able to view espn360...so if anyone have free links, share.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2009, 10:34:26 AM »
I hearing all the talk about the best prepared team all the time.  Probably because they went on the most training camps and played some high quality teams.

I for one ent buying that.  Not because yuh play ah setta practice games that means yuh preparation is best.
When one looks at the win/loss ratio, I have to ask mihself what they was preparing for.

I not holding out for no big upset from this team nah.  I supporting, and I really hoping they come good in the tournament and make me eat mih words, but my expectation is that it will be more of the same during this so called bess preparation.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2009, 10:56:59 AM »
I hearing all the talk about the best prepared team all the time.  Probably because they went on the most training camps and played some high quality teams.

I for one ent buying that.  Not because yuh play ah setta practice games that means yuh preparation is best.
When one looks at the win/loss ratio, I have to ask mihself what they was preparing for.

I not holding out for no big upset from this team nah.  I supporting, and I really hoping they come good in the tournament and make me eat mih words, but my expectation is that it will be more of the same during this so called bess preparation.

By preparation we mean the core of this team has been kept together for year's progressing through the age groups, played in the local league as a club and had a considerable amount of practice games/Friendly internationals (in comparison to national teams of the past) in the run-up to this tournament. So in comparison to other local national sides they have been well prepared.

Now is a different story to say the preparation has been useful or successful. I doh think anyone saying that. From the results it dosen't look like we will do anything special, but we all know the difference between friendly and competitive games is significant. Still, we will soon find out how usefull it all was over the next few days.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2009, 11:21:23 AM »
Would have been nice if the T&T Government made arrangements to broadcast the games!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2009, 11:32:49 AM »

By preparation we mean the core of this team has been kept together for year's progressing through the age groups, played in the local league as a club and had a considerable amount of practice games/Friendly internationals (in comparison to national teams of the past) in the run-up to this tournament. So in comparison to other local national sides they have been well prepared.

Now is a different story to say the preparation has been useful or successful. I doh think anyone saying that. From the results it dosen't look like we will do anything special, but we all know the difference between friendly and competitive games is significant. Still, we will soon find out how usefull it all was over the next few days.

Yeah Rodney I got that what you're saying....I agree that all the opportunities and avenues were provided for this team...cyah fault that.  My concern was that since they were U17s, them fellas only experiencing half pick ducks as far as their grooming and technical development is concerned.  All the practice games will amount to nought, because them fellas will become very efficient at doing the wrong things.  I don't know what different Corneal could bring to the team after getting so much licks from international teams since U15 times.  What kinda track record Vranes have ?  

I just think that the results are good indicators of this team's development.  Based on the reports we getting, apprently the team performing better (arguably) due to the inclusion of the foreign based players and they seem to be showing more grit and fight in the games. Good as it maybe, that will only take you so far because all the other teams coming with grit and fight too, but they have more experience at top level football and a better technical game.  So we have to up the ante if we really want to compete on the same level.

Just me thinking...wonder what woulda happen if we had cut down on half the overseas camps and use the money to pay bess coach for the WC ?  :-\
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2009, 11:32:57 AM »
Fuentes put 2pm tt time in his Press release

I hope TV6 organise the correct time live

doooubt.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2009, 11:55:11 AM »
If we are competitive in these 3 games.....and by competitive, I mean able to hold our own, not be overwhelmed, force the opposition to WORK HARD, and create several chances of our own....we will have made SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT in this arena.

A draw will be bonus.

A win...THRILLING!

I happy to see SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT.  Hoping for the best for these guys because I know they've put in a lot of hard work.  Would be nice to see their hard work rewarded in terms of a result....but more importantly for me....in terms of performance.

BEST OF LUCK YOUNG WARRIORS!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2009, 12:05:07 PM »
Would have been nice if the T&T Government made arrangements to broadcast the games!

it showing on tv6 u know
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »
nice go have enough time to get out of lab and come home to catch the game...hope it worth it yes
Back in Trini...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2009, 12:16:48 PM »
If we are competitive in these 3 games.....and by competitive, I mean able to hold our own, not be overwhelmed, force the opposition to WORK HARD, and create several chances of our own....we will have made SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT in this arena.

A draw will be bonus.

A win...THRILLING!

I happy to see SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT.  Hoping for the best for these guys because I know they've put in a lot of hard work.  Would be nice to see their hard work rewarded in terms of a result....but more importantly for me....in terms of performance.

BEST OF LUCK YOUNG WARRIORS!

Totally agree. 

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2009, 12:41:03 PM »
http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/livecoverage/index.html

FIFA.com TV offers you the chance to watch all the matches of the FIFA U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009 LIVE and for FREE in certain territories.

FIFA.com TV is available in the following countries

Europe
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, FYR Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2009, 02:27:41 PM »
Egypt prepare to kick off
By Matthew Kenyon (BBC Sport, Cairo)

Egypt's Young Pharaohs hope to launch the Under-20 World Cup in style on Thursday evening.

They kick-off the tournament against Trinidad and Tobago in front of Egyptian President in Alexandria.

The young Pharaohs need to win to have a realistic chance of making the knock-out stages.

After that they have the more experienced Paraguay and Italy to deal with.

Few of this crop of Egyptian youngsters get regular first team football for their clubs.

Mohamed Talaat of Al Ahly is considered one of their brightest hopes, but he played only two games for the Cairo giants last season.

But their Czech coach Miroslav Soukup has experience at this level.

He guided his home country to second place two years ago, and that could prove crucial to Egypt's chances of success on the pitch.

Trinidad and Tobago went to the World Cup in Germany three years ago.

Their youth side finished fourth in the CONCACAF qualifying tournament, which they hosted.

But Egypt are favourites to win but that will depend on how they handle the pressure of playing at home.

A sell-out crowd of 80 thousand is expected to attend the openning game.

The other game in group A on Friday and features a Italy and Paraguay at the Cairo International Stadium.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »
well with all said...i wanted to see them play the three games and give my own account...cause last night while watching captain Paul on youtube...captain Paul was saying some of the guy's were nervous...well i hope they know this aint know time to be nervous...Egypt is coming out of the gate blazing they are a very fast team went they play.... the T&T U20 still taking awhile to settled so i hope the coaching staff keep that in mind and the team leave the gate blazing as well and put away the chanced they get...but my worry is DEFEND...iam looking for a shutout...in all three game from the DEFEND

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »
wha is the score?????

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »
wha is the score?????

DJ award winner :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Deeks check de date ::)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:47:39 PM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »
wha is the score?????

I know yuh anxious but d game is 2morr

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »
I am drunk, I am drunk, I am drunk, I am drunk like a trini skunk

I am drunk, I am drunk, I am drunk

I swear the game playing today!!!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2009, 03:07:20 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Jokes...

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2009, 03:31:22 PM »
wha is the score?????

right now 0-0  ;D ..... :rotfl:

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2009, 03:42:50 PM »
Should we play a defensive system and use just the 1 striker, YES!!!

Egypt playing at home in front of 80,000 will be more than pump-up for this game, also Egypt football has been making huge improvement.

We definitely need to play a defensive system from the back, 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 or 3-2-4-1 and also try to control the possession game.

1]; } ?>