March 28, 2024, 03:04:10 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Egypt Game (24-Sept-2009).  (Read 78323 times)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Egypt Game (24-Sept-2009).
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »
One observation.  From the 69 minute on we played differently much more cohesive and constructive.  The coach made a very good decision to move Hyland back to the midfield and bring on Clarence who has some speed.  Hyland did a much better job of settling the midfield.  That's why coaches get paid to make tactical decisions.  Even though we may not think much of the coach, that was a good tactical decision.

why he did not start hyland there to start ... what about leston paul .. just hype
Boss, I really doh know but I have to trust that the coach making the decisions.  I agree, I didn't really see anything special with Leston Paul but he showed a true captain's heart and spirit.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »
samuel had a good game. d defense left him too exposed at times. dem pharoahs had enough time to plan out dey plays.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2009, 02:09:55 PM »
That scoreline making it appear like a blowout.....steups!!!
 :-\

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 24, 2009, 02:10:43 PM »
Hard luck guys. IMO we lacked confidence more than we lacked quality.

Well 18 years later we reduced the goal difference to 3  :P

We have real work to do. 2014 will not be a cakewalk.

They really tried hard, but not much positives: The best thing about T&T today was Thompson, and he is not a product of our system.

Clearly this team alone is not our future. We need to qualify teams in the next 2 U20 WCs for the requisite experience and mix to get a good team in time for 2018.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2009, 02:11:19 PM »
That scoreline making it appear like a blowout.....steups!!!
 :-\

But it was except for the last 20 minutes or so.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 24, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »
terrible defending there..man cudda pick his spot...well i out...the scoreline shud not have been this bad

That's the problem for the whole match; terrible defending on our part.
I disagree. Our defenders, especially Primus, and goalkeeper were very good today. We lack a defensive presence in midfield. It is hard for defenders to defend when they have midfielders running at them and forwards running off the ball.

Paul ran a lot but didn't do anything with the ball.

I'm impressed by the performance. If these players learn how to be true pros, and get good coaching,they will get far!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 24, 2009, 02:12:10 PM »
what iam watching the senior team play...they play one half and lost the next...who train these young men....they don't have any fire in them...what the f**k....what going on with Trinidad and Tobago football ...it's like watching the senior team play...4.....and 91...from the same team 6....oh oh....i get it...how much friendly games they plays and...yea how much they win or drawn......DAMN WENT WILL TTFF, U20 COACHING STAFF, THE LOCAL IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO....f**kING LEARN....OR REALLY GET IT.....SAME SHIT DIFFERENT DAY

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 24, 2009, 02:12:40 PM »
If Clarence dont start the next game the coach is an imp!

Oh and De Sliva should be water boy!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »

Tough...not fair. He had a bad game but he's still young.  Give the man a bligh nah....jeeze.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2009, 02:14:56 PM »
samuel had a good game. d defense left him too exposed at times. dem pharoahs had enough time to plan out dey plays.

Girl yuh know how many times ah cussing the screen asking why dey not closing them down....
Overall....not a bad effort....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2009, 02:15:11 PM »
Allyuh come off Jake nuts nah, this is but one game!

Nobody on the man nuts but he was the best player for us tonight.  His crosses were awesome and everytime he attacked he looked dangerous.  Give credit where credit is due.

i agree with that, but yuh hear the old talk start now?

oh the man could teach carlos how to cross, and we need to shift Carlos somewhere else so he could play on the senior team etc.. yuh know man looking to run with that talk now..

come nuh man.. one game.

Boss, I never say tuh shift Carlos nowhere.  All I say is the man could cross the ball much better and much more consistent than Carlos.  I don't need to see more that one game to determine that.
Did I say he was a better player, No....I'm just merely stating the facts.  But what I will say is he is a BETTER player than we current right back Spann, right now.  I say cap the man and move on from there yes.

bredda, if you could determine that this kid can be a national team starter on the basis of one game at the Under 20 level, then more power to you..

but imo running against a seasoned and physical USA, Mexico and Costa Rica defence is a much different proposition to Egyptian Under 20 youths..

if the kid was really that good, he would be starting at right wing for his team at the championship level.. You know.. like what Carlos is doing right now.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2009, 02:17:22 PM »
what iam watching the senior team play...they play one half and lost the next...who train these young men....they don't have any fire in them...what the f**k....what going on with Trinidad and Tobago football ...it's like watching the senior team play...4.....and 91...from the same team 6....oh oh....i get it...how much friendly games they plays and...yea how much they win or drawn......DAMN WENT WILL TTFF, U20 COACHING STAFF, THE LOCAL IN TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO....f**kING LEARN....OR REALLY GET IT.....SAME SHIT DIFFERENT DAY

Ok Chicken Little, calm down
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2009, 02:17:29 PM »
Samuel has a lot of potential. (He made some spectacular saves)
It could have easily been 5 or 6.  
Thomson is looking solid.
I hope Rochford plays next match.
Adams had some good touches.
Hyland not too many mistakes looks comfortable with the ball
Gay's judgement could improve a little
If Clarence had scored, I think the game would have ended 3-2.

Last, Egypts counter attack is fierce. I think two goals were scored off the counter.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:20:56 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2009, 02:17:41 PM »

Nobody on the man nuts but he was the best player for us tonight.  His crosses were awesome and everytime he attacked he looked dangerous.  Give credit where credit is due.

oh the man could teach carlos how to cross, and we need to shift Carlos somewhere else so he could play on the senior team etc.. yuh know man looking to run with that talk now..

come nuh man.. one game.

Boss, I never say tuh shift Carlos nowhere.  All I say is the man could cross the ball much better and much more consistent than Carlos.  I don't need to see more that one game to determine that.
Did I say he was a better player, No....I'm just merely stating the facts.  But what I will say is he is a BETTER player than we current right back Spann, right now.  I say cap the man and move on from there yes.

I am the one who was making talk about moving Carlos. I stand behind that too, because if JT consistently plays the way he played today, and he could translate that talent to the senior level, then I would be happy to see Carlos playing effectively in the mid somewhere, instead of kicking every cross out of bounds, or over everyone's heads, or straight to the opposition, as he usually does (Tinto too). That alone would save us at least 5-6 possessions each game.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2009, 02:18:34 PM »
Your under-20 boyz looked compact. Whats the difference between this bunch of players and the senior squad? Simple...the chemistry is better. Hard to get a team of players together for six weeks at the senior level, especially when most of the senior guys ply their trade in foreign leagues. Even harder to get the quality prep games at senior level....Nigeria, USA, Brazil, etc.

3-2 or 2-1 would have been a much fairer result.

waiting to see waht Honduras,  USA, Costa Rica will do in their games.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 24, 2009, 02:18:40 PM »

Tough...not fair. He had a bad game but he's still young.  Give the man a bligh nah....jeeze.....
Tough? Sport is dog eat dog and about winning. Until we adopt that mentality we will continue to be 'plucky losers'. He go get a bligh when he put in a better performance than today. I seriously thought he did not want to get his white strip dirty.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 24, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »

come nuh man.. one game.

bredda, if you could determine that this kid can be a national team starter on the basis of one game at the Under 20 level, then more power to you..

but imo running against a seasoned and physical USA, Mexico and Costa Rica defence is a much different proposition to Egyptian Under 20 youths..

if the kid was really that good, he would be starting at right wing for his team at the championship level.. You know.. like what Carlos is doing right now.

Saddest you must have a problem reading.....I never say the man could start, ah say he better than what we have at right back.  The kid is quality.  Look at his technical ability, his intelligence...come on man.  Quality is quality.  

Again, allyuh not reading.  I never say the man better than Carlos.  I said he crosses the ball better.  Does that make him a better player, no........But be honest the kid's ability to serve the ball is better than any player on we snr team right now....of course, this is based on one game LOL.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 24, 2009, 02:20:19 PM »
One observation.  From the 69 minute on we played differently much more cohesive and constructive.  The coach made a very good decision to move Hyland back to the midfield and bring on Clarence who has some speed.  Hyland did a much better job of settling the midfield.  That's why coaches get paid to make tactical decisions.  Even though we may not think much of the coach, that was a good tactical decision.

why he did not start hyland there to start ... what about leston paul .. just hype
Boss, I really doh know but I have to trust that the coach making the decisions.  I agree, I didn't really see anything special with Leston Paul but he showed a true captain's heart and spirit.

well that alone cannot do it ....  paul need to step it up play hyland deep in the middle ... and gay looking like jones up dey ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 24, 2009, 02:21:40 PM »

Tough? Sport is dog eat dog and about winning. Until we adopt that mentality we will continue to be 'plucky losers'. He go get a bligh when he put in a better performance than today. I seriously thought he did not want to get his white strip dirty.

That is not a mentality it is reality.  Players have bad games.  Granted he pick the wrong time to do it but don't kill the poor kid.  That is idiotic to kill a kid for having a bad game....It doh have nothing to do with dog eat dog....that's just bull sh*# man.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »

exactly!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2009, 02:22:32 PM »

So you see the man play one game and ready to banish him forever? Doh mind all the good games he had in the qualifiers and warm-up games, all the goals he scored, etc. This one game for you define him as the worst ting in a tugs
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2009, 02:22:59 PM »
Depending on when this tournament finishes for us, I think we should include some of these players, Primus, Thompson, Clarence, Hyland in the senior team for the rest of the qualifiers.

We are already out and these guys can gain from the experience of senior international football.

On to 2014
TnT Patriot

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2009, 02:24:50 PM »
I disagree. Our defenders, especially Primus, and goalkeeper were very good today. We lack a defensive presence in midfield. It is hard for defenders to defend when they have midfielders running at them and forwards running off the ball.

Paul ran a lot but didn't do anything with the ball.

Exactly and to me that was largely DeSilva faltering out of his normal position. Why Vranes put him there is beyond me.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2009, 02:25:02 PM »
I don't know man....ah hate Trinibago football style....and they not looking to change it.....this game give meh ah headache....f**k Trinidad and Tobago football  SUCK.....we glad to qualify...but don't show up to play......

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2009, 02:25:19 PM »
Depending on when this tournament finishes for us, I think we should include some of these players, Primus, Thompson, Clarence, Hyland in the senior team for the rest of the qualifiers.

We are already out and these guys can gain from the experience of senior international football.

On to 2014
Ditto.....We need to include some of these players in the next 2 WC games.  Cap Thompson now yes....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2009, 02:25:37 PM »

So you see the man play one game and ready to banish him forever? Doh mind all the good games he had in the qualifiers and warm-up games, all the goals he scored, etc. This one game for you define him as the worst ting in a tugs

dis is d world cup, dis eh no sunday sweat. is only three games we set to play. no room for mistakes. yuh play shit in d world cup, yuh will get benched. plain an simple

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2009, 02:25:57 PM »

... and on the flip side we see a man play one good game and he is a better crosser than anything on our national team?  ::)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2009, 02:26:07 PM »
Your under-20 boyz looked compact. Whats the difference between this bunch of players and the senior squad? Simple...the chemistry is better. Hard to get a team of players together for six weeks at the senior level, especially when most of the senior guys ply their trade in foreign leagues. Even harder to get the quality prep games at senior level....Nigeria, USA, Brazil, etc.

3-2 or 2-1 would have been a much fairer result.

waiting to see waht Honduras,  USA, Costa Rica will do in their games.

I agree with yuh RF.

Glad to see that you chose not to bash us with this one. :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2009, 02:26:24 PM »

come nuh man.. one game.

Saddest you must have a problem reading.....I never say the man could start, ah say he better than what we have at right back.  The kid is quality.  Look at his technical ability, his intelligence...come on man.  Quality is quality.  

Again, allyuh not reading.  I never say the man better than Carlos.  I said he crosses the ball better.  Does that make him a better player, no........But be honest the kid's ability to serve the ball is better than any player on we snr team right now....of course, this is based on one game LOL.

ok seen.. :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2009, 02:26:33 PM »

That is not a mentality it is reality.  Players have bad games.  Granted he pick the wrong time to do it but don't kill the poor kid.  That is idiotic to kill a kid for having a bad game....It doh have nothing to do with dog eat dog....that's just bull sh*# man.

Arimaman.....from the few times I've seen of De Silva.....he is lacking that something that makes him look like he belongs on a national team.....in other words, its not a matter of having a bad game today.....I think Touches has always made that observation about him....but since I've only seen him a few times, I'll leave it to the forumites who would have seen him play regularly to give a better or more fair assessment....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>