April 24, 2024, 11:51:09 PM

Author Topic: Juma Clarence?  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Juma Clarence?
« on: September 30, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »
Why was a quality player like Clarence sitting on the bench to start the WC?

This guy so far has proven to be by far the best striker on this team.

Clarence showed his class vs some good oppsition so far in the WC, Egypt and Italy.

How come the coaching staff didn't see the potential in this youth having work with him for a long period of time before the WC to know that he is a starter on this U20 team?

How knowledgable is our coaches at evaluating talent...to find that edge in a player.

You would then ask the question how many good young players are being missed...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:32:49 PM by Coach »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Juma Clarence?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 10:39:27 AM »
Why was a quality player like Clarence sitting on the bench to start the WC?

This guy so far has proven to be by far the best striker on this team.

Clarence showed his class vs some good oppsition so far in the WC, Egypt and Italy.

How come our coaching staff didn't see the the potential in this youth having work with him for a long period of time before the WC to know that he is a starter on this U20 team?

How knowledgable is our coaches at evaluating talent...to find that edge in a player.

You would then ask the question how many good young players are being missed...

You're the coach.  You tell us why.

Try to be objective.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 11:00:12 AM »
Palos... sometimes it's not an individual fault for being limited in certain areas of coaching it's just that they haven't gotten to that level or may never get there.

I saw an article from Shaka saying that having qualified for WC in 2006 and where we are now in 2009 it's a sign that we have regressed in our development, compared to some other CONCACAF countries that didn't qualify for WC in 2006 and a doing much better that us.

As to say why.. maybe our entire structure needs to be look...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:15:23 PM by Coach »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »
bribery, money passing, politics and curry favour is the reason the team is selected the way it is..palos either being naive or stupid or dont want to admit...

juma looked better than gay by far, but bc gay in germany he automatically gets to start, same goes for hyland, who i have said for the longest time is highly overrated, he has proven that in the u20...

the reason these coaches cant spot talent is bc they not good enough... many players go unnoticed and are not selected, same with the defender that patriot identified to be the best but was dropped bc he wasnt tall enough, as long as corneal is involved and you have so many joe public players, you know the scene, it sour, real sour... i still believe the best players were not selected... its the same with the sr team...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 11:08:27 AM »
Palos... sometimes it's not an individual fault for being limited in certain areas of coaching it's just that they haven't gotten to that level or may never get there.

I saw an article from Shaka saying that having qualified for WC in 2006 and where we are at in 2009 it sign that we regressed, compared to some other CONCACAF countries that didn't qualify for WC in 2006.

As to say why.. maybe our entire structure needs to be look...

I wouldn't necessarily say Juma Clarance is the best striker on the team.

It depends on the role the strikers are asked to play FOR THE TEAM.

I don't believe Juma can play the role Gay is asked to play as good as Gay

And Vice versa

Juma may be more mobile and may be better at taking on opponents, but he doesn't have the physical presence of Gay...something which I'm coming to appreciate more now as a fan.  We as fans like to see players like Cornell Glen and Juma Clarence...speedy, mobile forwards.  We don't tend to appreciate the likes of a Kenwyne Jones or a Jamal Gay because they bring other skills to the table.  Skills which may not shine as much, but are probably more important to the TEAM because of how those skills and that role complements the TEAM.

T&T IMO is playing a lone striker formation.  3 central defenders, 2 wide midfielders, 3 midfielders in the centre of midfield, an attacking midfielder and a striker.

Clarence came in for Rochford who was injured.  Rochford is not a striker although he did finish his chance well in the first game.  I don't think there's anyone on that team that can perform THAT role that Gay is asked to perform better than Gay.

But daz jes me.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>