March 28, 2024, 04:34:43 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Italy Game (28-Sept-2009).  (Read 53790 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Italy Game (28-Sept-2009).
« on: September 11, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »
  Trinidad & Tobago vs Italy

Cairo International Stadium
  Monday, 28 September 2009
  18:45 local, 11:45 T&T/Eastern

Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup game vs Italy (September 28th, 18:45 local, 11:45 T&T/Eastern time) in the Cairo International Stadium will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Possible Live Internet Links.

ESPN 360
I95.5fm
105.1FM
atdhe.net

TV Viewing.

TV 6

Chat.

chat.socawarriors.net

Cairo.

Cairo was founded in 969 AD as the royal enclosure for the Fatimid Caliphs that ruled Egypt at the time. Two centuries ago, then-ruler Muhammad Ali installed the city as his independent empire's capital, after which the British took control until Egypt attained independence in 1922.

Cairo International Stadium.

Cairo International Stadium (Arabic: ستاد القاهرة الدولي‎) or "Stad El-Qahira El-Dawly", is an Olympic-standard, multi-use stadium with an all-seated capacity of 74,100. It is the Arab World and Africa's largest and foremost Olympic-standard facility befitting the role of Cairo, Egypt as the center of events in the region. Located in Nasr City; a suburb north east of Cairo, it was completed in 1960, and was inaugurated by President Gamal Abdel Nasser on 23rd July that year, the eighth anniversary of the Egyptian Revolution of 1952.

Trinidad & Tobago

T&T 22-Man Squad

Goalkeepers - X 3
21.Glenroy Samuel (United Petrotrin/TRI), 1.Jesse Fullerton (Nova University/USA), 22.Andre Marchan (Joe Pubic/TRI).

Defenders - X 8
19.Daniel Cyrus (Joe Public/TRI), 12.Robert Primus (San Juan Jabloteh/TRI), 4.Sheldon Bateau (San Juan Jabloteh/TRI), 3.Curtis Gonzales (Ma Pau SC/TRI), 15.Uriah Bentick (Liberty University/USA), 5.Akeem Adams (United Petrotrin/TRI), 2.Aubrey David (W Connection/TRI), Mikeil Williams (Ma Pau SC/TRI).

Midfielders - X 7
6.Leston Paul (capt) (University of South Flordia/USA), 8.Sean De Silva (Joe Public/TRI), 14.Jean-Luc Rochford (Joe Public/TRI), 7.Kevin Molino (Ma Pau SC/TRI), 16.Marcus Joseph (Joe Public/TRI), Khaleem Hyland (Zulte Waregem/BEL), Jake Thomson (Southampton/ENG).

Forwards - X 4
Jamal Gay (Rot Weiss Oberhausen/GER), 18.Marvin Manswell (Joe Public/TRI), 10.Quan Grosvenor (University of Connecticut/USA), 9.Juma Jamal Clarence (United Petrotrin/TRI).

Italy

The Azzurrini are aiming to emulate the achievement of their superiors at Germany 2006 by collecting the FIFA U-20 World Cup crown. Aside from the challenge of representing their country at a major finals, the tournament will also provide the young Italians with an opportunity to make themselves known to the world, although several members of the squad are already attached to some of the country's leading clubs.

Qualifying
Italy were mightily impressive en route to the UEFA European U-19 Championships, winning six qualifiers out of six, before advancing unbeaten to the final itself, where they went down to a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Germany. Drawn into a very competitive Group B the Azzurrini beat tournament hosts Czech Republic 4-3 to end their unbeaten record and top the section. A 1-0 semi-final win over Hungary followed and despite coming off second best in the final, the Italians made Germany work hard for their win.

Coach
Now into his 50s, Francesco Rocca retired from the game when he was only 26 due to a serious injury. Prior to that point he had made 141 appearances for Roma in Serie A and 18 for the national team. After gaining his coaching qualifications, in 2006 he took charge of the U-19 and then the U-18 sides before being appointed to the U-20 job last year. Rocca made an immediate impact, safely guiding his young charges to Egypt 2009.

A tireless full-back who went by the nickname of Kawasaki, the former Giallorosso has managed to instil his enthusiasm and sense of discipline into his players. Not untypically for an Italian coach, Rocca's watchwords are realism and efficiency, and he has been advising his squad to glean all the experience they can in their bid to make the step up to the senior team.

Star players
The cornerstone of the Italian attack is Stefano Okaka Chuka. Born in Italy to Nigerian parents, the Roma man is a powerful, athletic winger who covers a lot of ground during games. Sent on loan to Brescia in January, he scored his first Serie A goal at the age of 16, having netted 31 times for Roma's youth team.

"He's got a good head on him and he's coming along well," said Roma coach Luciano Spaletti, who is taking good care of his young prodigy. Another key member of the team is Silvano Raggio Garibaldi, who performs vital defensive duties but can also lend a helping hand further up the pitch, as he showed in setting up his side's winner in the semi-final against Hungary.

Record
- Italy were knocked out on penalties by Morocco in the quarter-finals of Netherlands 2005, the last time they appeared in the finals.
- The team's top scorer is Marco Materazzi with 12 goals.

What they said
"The experience the players acquire during these tournaments is very important for them, both on a personal and professional level." Italy coach Francesco Rocca

Squad

Nr. Name                     DOB         Pos Clubs           Height
 1  Vincenzo FIORILLO        13/01/1990  GK  Sampdoria (ITA)   190
 2  Alessandro CRESCENZI     25/09/1991  DF  Grosseto (ITA)    179
 3  Antonio MAZZOTTA         02/08/1989  DF  Lecce (ITA)       181
 4  Matteo GENTILI           21/08/1989  DF  Varese (ITA)      188
 5  Michelangelo ALBERTAZZI  07/01/1991  DF  AC Milan (ITA)    186
 6  Marco CALDERONI          18/02/1989  DF  Piacenza (ITA)    180
 7  Claudio DELLA PENNA      12/05/1989  MF  AS Rome (ITA)     179
 8  Andrea MAZZARANI         06/11/1989  MF  Crotone (ITA)     178
 9  Umberto EUSEPI           09/01/1989  FW  Reggiana (ITA)    185
10  Fabio SCIACCA            16/05/1989  MF  Catania (ITA)     186
11  Gianvito MISURACA        02/04/1990  FW  Vicenza (ITA)     178
12  Andrea GASPARRI          28/02/1989  GK  Giulianova (ITA)  191
13  Francesco BINI           02/01/1989  DF  Piacenza (ITA)    190
14  Nicolo BRIGHENTI         01/08/1989  DF  Pergocrema (ITA)  178
15  Vasco REGINI             09/09/1990  DF  Sampdoria (ITA)   185
16  Giacomo BONAVENTURA      22/08/1989  MF  Atalanta (ITA)    180
17  Mattia MUSTACCHIO        17/05/1989  MF  Ancona (ITA)      179
18  Silvano RAGGIO           27/03/1989  MF  Genoa (ITA)       178
19  Marco ROMIZI             13/02/1990  MF  Reggiana (ITA)    175
20  Piergiuseppe MARITATO    19/03/1989  FW  Fiorentina (ITA)  183
21  Antonio PICCOLO          18/07/1990  GK  Juventus (ITA)    180
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:00:23 PM by E-man »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the U-20 T&T vs Italy Game (28-Sept-2009).
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:04:22 PM »
How come so much players are from Joe Public. It appears that in order to play for the national team you will have to play for JP.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 03:25:49 PM »
As far as I know Okaka not sweating none of the good U20s sweating for italy except the keeper and Della Penna who only training with Roma as he not on the first team and too old to sweat for the youth side (they forgot to transfer him before the TW closed) man like Balotelli, Santon, Macheda, Poli, Paloschi, Forestieri, Marilungo AND Okaka in their clubs sweating and not in the tourney. We might even draw with this side cuz i think it was Okaka bussing up the net for them. To me only the U21 side does do it for Italy and well the senior side. In anycase I think Balotelli, Santon and Macheda does sweat for the U21 so it unlikely that Italy would have them sweating U20 as well.
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »
How come so much players are from Joe Public. It appears that in order to play for the national team you will have to play for JP.

same "who know who" silliness.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »
Isn't that Jack Warner team? lol  ::) lol i just messing around maybe dey really the best U-20 ballers...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:30:31 PM »
long brain
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 07:47:19 AM »
What is Rochford's status??...he was taken off injured wasn't he??  How bad is the injury??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 08:18:11 AM »
say wuh young warriors,dont b disheartened.2 more games,neva give up.i see de fight in allyuh.competition should always make u stronger.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 09:41:11 AM »
What is Rochford's status??...he was taken off injured wasn't he??  How bad is the injury??
Dat look like some kinda hamstring ting to me.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 10:32:52 AM »
Paraguay v Italy was 0:0

Italy, Paraguay draw a blank
fifa.com

Italy and Paraguay missed the chance to join Egypt at the top of Group A after emerging with honours even from a tense 0-0 stalemate at Cairo International Stadium. Paraguay will perhaps feel hard done by at not taking all three points from a game they enjoyed marginally the better of, but poor finishing ultimately cost them the chance to move level with the Pharaohs.

Italy actually began the game on the offensive and caused panic inside the opening few minutes when an ambitious long-range free-kick from Andrea Mazzarani flashed just wide of the right-hand post.

However, this promising start came to nothing and, soon, it was Paraguay who were in the ascendancy. Indeed, Azzurrini goalkeeper Giuseppe Fiorillo twice needed to keep the South Americans at bay as the first half wore on, most notably when he fisted over from a fierce, first-time volley from Lorenzo Melgarejo after 18 minutes' play.

With Italy lacking in imagination, their best chances continued to come from set pieces and, just two minutes into the second half, Fabio Sciacca fired in a free-kick that was heading for the top right-hand corner before Joel Silva scrambled across to tip behind.

However, in a disappointing game of precious few chances, Paraguay came closest to snatching the points. Federico Santander spurned the best of their second half opportunities, firing into the side-netting after his pace had taken him clear in the right channel.

Melgarejo also proved wasteful, blazing over with nine minutes remaining after finding himself unmarked at the back post. The consequence of such profligacy was a draw that leaves the race to qualify from Group A wide open.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »
I not too frighten for we boys against Italy.  I expect them to be competitive.  Is the Paraguay game is the one to watch out for.  Anything less than 5 nil could be considered a moral victory.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 04:38:14 PM »
ITL - PARA draW.... good score....
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 04:52:22 PM »
How many T&T supporters you figure we have on the ground in Egypt??

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 04:56:34 PM »
How many T&T supporters you figure we have on the ground in Egypt??

Jack say he get sponsorship money for one person from each player family :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 06:59:50 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/12UrIJ6yO2w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/12UrIJ6yO2w</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12UrIJ6yO2w

arrive in Cairo
P.S. dais Paraguay team in the hotel, not Italy

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 07:01:17 PM »
whatever happened to all them "we beating dem too fans"
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 07:09:05 AM »
Ah hope the boys get their spirits up.  They still sound a little disappointed but I like that men thinking positive and set goals for them selves.  Juma say he wanted a goal a game and now wants to make up for not scoring in the opener.  I like that.  Positive thinking from the youths......get the confidence back and play with full force!   Go young warriors!  :beermug:

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »
aye anybody see dat usa - germany game, what the hell was that from usa. no skills. you know every driver must follow the warning signs on the road or else you end up in a hospital looking like a damn mummy. this usa team beat us 2 - 0 in a friendly. that was suppose to be we warning signs and we didn't heed the warnings.

another thing i don't understand is how can that team beat us and we have the skills. somebody talk to me.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 11:40:28 AM »
like tnt blight when comes to playin usa.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 12:12:18 PM »
aye anybody see dat usa - germany game, what the hell was that from usa. no skills. you know every driver must follow the warning signs on the road or else you end up in a hospital looking like a damn mummy. this usa team beat us 2 - 0 in a friendly. that was suppose to be we warning signs and we didn't heed the warnings.

another thing i don't understand is how can that team beat us and we have the skills. somebody talk to me.

Organization on the field and doing the basic things over and over and over and over.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »
my side

3-5-2(3-5-1-1)

Samuel

Primus
Gonsalves
Bateau

Thomson
Hyland
Paul
Rochford
Adams

De Silva

Gay

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 06:16:08 PM »
4-4-2

Samuel
Primus, Cyrus, Bentick, Adams
Thomson, Hyland, Paul, Rochford
Gay, Clarence

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 01:42:43 AM »
        I think it's unfair to say that,i remember when Jabloteh had the majority of players on all our national teams from Men,Youth and Women nobody made mention of anything,may be i was the only person on here used to say anything about that,i am sure a lot of these youths on here while they are playing for different clubs/schools were from jabloteh.Some how we forget the Fenwick days or how it used to affect the team when Jabloteh players could not play.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:40:40 PM by Coop's »

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 05:18:26 AM »

That is how we does look when we playing USA and the other big teams in the region.  Is just because we does have more interest in our players, we doh look at the technical aspect of the other teams play...unless it have a player on the other team who constantly poisoning we.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »

That is how we does look when we playing USA and the other big teams in the region.  Is just because we does have more interest in our players, we doh look at the technical aspect of the other teams play...unless it have a player on the other team who constantly poisoning we.
         You could not have said it better,thank you.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 09:10:40 AM »
“Honestly I was not satisfied with my showing too much, especially in the first half. The ball kept going over my head but put that aside, it’s football we are playing so we just need to focus and do our best to try and get a win or two in the remaining games,” Hyland told TTFF Media on Saturday.

boy, more ole talk. daies all we good for, we are world beaters when it comes to that. the ball did not go over hyland's head, the game went over his head.

isn't it ironic, when you look at the standings we are in, you see the ttff last again with no points.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 12:05:56 PM »
“Honestly I was not satisfied with my showing too much, especially in the first half. The ball kept going over my head but put that aside, it’s football we are playing so we just need to focus and do our best to try and get a win or two in the remaining games,” Hyland told TTFF Media on Saturday.

boy, more ole talk. daies all we good for, we are world beaters when it comes to that. the ball did not go over hyland's head, the game went over his head.

isn't it ironic, when you look at the standings we are in, you see the ttff last again with no points.

I found his attitude to be carefree like if it was a friendly....doesn't he know he can get a big contract If he performs well? stupid f**k

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 01:13:20 PM »
And jack warner said this is our best prepared under 20side ever they will make us pround yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa not :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: honestly speaking i see us losin against italy n paraguy

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors ready for battle
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 02:41:11 PM »
Soca Warriors ready for battle
FIFA.com

The Trinidad and Tobago squad cut dejected figures after their 4-1 defeat at the hands of Egypt in the opening match of the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2009. Zoran Vranes' men more than held their own against the host nation throughout the first half and refused to be intimidated by the partisan support from the 74,000 fans packed into the Egyptian Army Stadium. The team from the Caribbean came up short after the break, however, shipping three goals and getting off to the worst possible start.

The one thing the Soca Warriors could take consolation from was Jean Luc Rochford's 36th-minute strike that brought the sides level. Perhaps more significantly, though, it was the country's first ever goal at a FIFA U-20 World Cup, having gone through their only previous appearance, in 1991, without getting on the scoresheet.

With the burden of this goalless streak finally lifted, their next target is to garner their first points - and what better time than against Italy in their second Group A match on Tuesday? Another defeat on the other hand would make it almost impossible for them to make it through to the knock-out stage.

Vranes is therefore concentrating solely on Tuesday's match at the Cairo International Stadium. "It will obviously be tough," the coach told FIFA.com, "but there are no easy matches at a tournament like this. We'll be doing our utmost to get a result. We watched the Italy-Paraguay match and will set our stall out accordingly. My players are working very hard and will be giving it their all in the hope of getting something out of the next two matches."

Goalscorer Rochford will certainly be giving it his all, and is fully aware of the significance of his strike against Egypt. "Scoring a goal at a tournament like this, against the host nation as well, was a great feeling. It's tough to put it into words. I dedicate my goal to my family and of course to all the fans back home," said the 18-year-old, who is looking forward to crossing swords with a team that reached the final of the 2008 UEFA U-19 Championship.

"The Italy match will be make or break for us. We know they're one of the biggest names in world football and we respect that, but at the same time we're confident in our own abilities and we're going to try to show what we're made of against them," a confident Rochford told FIFA.com. "We'll be looking to put the defeat to Egypt behind us and the upcoming match against Italy is our first opportunity to do just that."

The Soca Warriors will have a healthy respect for their opponents therefore, but no fear, as Rochford's fellow midfielder Khaleem Hyland explains. "I'm really looking forward to this match. We need to think positive because when you think about it, it's just 11 against 11."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 03:00:56 PM »
Go T&T. These boys have something and are having a great career building experience
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>