April 28, 2024, 05:43:40 PM

Author Topic: The TTCB vs the TTFF  (Read 3883 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The TTCB vs the TTFF
« on: September 12, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »
imo the ttcb is better organized and has a better youth system, plus they getting players from the entire population...

the ttff could take a page out of their notebook, only recently the ttcb is being challenged but despite that the ttcb still has a very talented team and is run the best out of all the sports organizations in trinidad and tobago...

Not to mention the crowd support is there and the money is there and will be there if t&t seperate from the west indies... Plus the selectors actually select the best players and select youths with immense talent, i think the oldest player is ganga being 29 years of age, making them a very young and extremely talented team.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 09:16:28 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: The TTCB vs the TTFF
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »
and to note, the cricketers go abroad and make money in the ipl and countys and still come home and give 1000% heart and soul for the nation... and they not making the kind of money like our footballers

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »
understand the history of the TTFF is wasn't created to run football..it was created to destroy the TTFA which it did....whereas historically with the TTCB the clubs actually have a say in how things are done in order for the sport to move forward

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »
Football is football, cricket is cricket. Apples and oranges. How many overseas players we have in cricket. We have substantial amount of footballers overseas. We have club vs country issues. We don't have that in cricket. Plus the football competiton is much more competitive on a regional level. Also in football, the clubs practically have no say in the day to day running of football Admin.

As to the point that the entire population involved in cricket and not football. I think that is a issue of choice. I see NO impediments for the other half of the population joining clubs or forming their own clubs to play in the various leagues. I have spoken at length of the paucity of Indo TT in club and school football. The head honcho of TT football has a strong relationship in the iNDO community. How come he has not come up with a plan to get Indos involved on a grass-root level.

All That being said. YES, cricket is run in more transparent way and DEFINITELY MUCH BETTER than football.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »
wuh everybody does say in trini...indian know how to run business.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 02:56:34 PM »
Football is football, cricket is cricket. Apples and oranges. How many overseas players we have in cricket. We have substantial amount of footballers overseas. We have club vs country issues. We don't have that in cricket. Plus the football competiton is much more competitive on a regional level. Also in football, the clubs practically have no say in the day to day running of football Admin.

As to the point that the entire population involved in cricket and not football. I think that is a issue of choice. I see NO impediments for the other half of the population joining clubs or forming their own clubs to play in the various leagues. I have spoken at length of the paucity of Indo TT in club and school football. The head honcho of TT football has a strong relationship in the iNDO community. How come he has not come up with a plan to get Indos involved on a grass-root level.

All That being said. YES, cricket is run in more transparent way and DEFINITELY MUCH BETTER than football.

some good points, however there is a club vs country problem in cricket also, the ipl vs west indies and if it were tt, it would be the same, its also happening in cricket, county clubs and the kolpak ruling prevents players for playing for the west indies for example, however tt players are committed to tt cricket.

I was more addressing the fact that we have so much foreign based in football, making more money than our cricketers but the regional team is better run and has a better youth system, something not present in our football, the selection of the cricket team is 100 times better than football, not to mention our coaches are rated highly in the region and worldwide, we cant say the same for football can we.

We have a pro league for football and we still cant have a well run ttff and pro league organization. I think it goes beyond money bc football is getting the money over cricket by far. Its the admin and MEP is right, getting rid of the ttfa was a mistake and it never worked, it dragged down our football. Plus the love of the game is seen more in cricketers than our footballers in all honesty.

as for the indo trini population, i know many who do play football and play it very well, but some of them also say discrimination happens and stereotypes in that indians are assumed to be shithongs before they even touch a ball, getting blanked in intercol teams and high school, not being selected for pro league teams and so forth, i have heard many stories which surprised me. some members on this site even said it themselves that they assume indians are shithongs before even taking the pitch on a previous thread. Bottom line is, if the ttff was run like the ttcb i think more players would play football bc the admin is a negative factor which prevents our football from becoming  a serious career and im not only talking about indo trinis, i mean all trinis of different colours and races and religions.

right now cricket is the best run sport in tt with the best youth program and coaching, not to mention the greater support and money, ttff has a lot of work to do.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:06:08 PM by Controversial »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »
don't get me wrong...the TTFA was corrupt too but the men who ran it genuinely cared about football...what club was the special one associated with when he ran for secretary? He was brought in because he was an obscure figure and those who wanted to gain a foothold in governing the sport used him as that front.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 11:57:13 AM »
Why are TTCB President Deryck Murray & his "Friends of T&T cricket" currently under fire from a group of challengers led by Justice Lucky Samaroo, to the point where they have mounted a challenge to remove him from the post?

Why does T&T have 2 directors on the WICB Board....Deryck Murray and Dr Allen Sammy and Dr Sammy is one of those who is spearheading the challenge on Murray?

TTCB so well run that T&T haven't won a regional 4 day competition in 4 years, or a regional 50 over competiton on 3 years.

At least TTFF can say they've won infinitely more regional titles than TTCB have.

I hold no brief for TTFF....but TTCB eh exactly a "model organization" either.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »
Why are TTCB President Deryck Murray & his "Friends of T&T cricket" currently under fire from a group of challengers led by Justice Lucky Samaroo, to the point where they have mounted a challenge to remove him from the post?

Why does T&T have 2 directors on the WICB Board....Deryck Murray and Dr Allen Sammy and Dr Sammy is one of those who is spearheading the challenge on Murray?

TTCB so well run that T&T haven't won a regional 4 day competition in 4 years, or a regional 50 over competiton on 3 years.

At least TTFF can say they've won infinitely more regional titles than TTCB have.

6 of 1 half ah dozen off d other
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »

One thing I think where the TTCB is better than the TTFF is better coaches at the grassroots level.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »

One thing I think where the TTCB is better than the TTFF is better coaches at the grassroots level.

Yes but how we does benefit when dey reach d national team. We eh even goin and talk bout d WI team. D net effect is d same.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »

winning the caribbean cup doesnt amount to world cups nor consistency in coaches, tt won the 20/20 and all matches that counted, we got robbed the last 2 years bc of rain and cheating in the 4 day, so get yuh facts straight before you talk, and its so funny palos that yuh bring up the caribbean cup, the same one you and touches said we would lose early and the locals not up to par and didnt matter. for the last 2 years we havent had a full team for 50 overs bc of injuries and the west indies taking some of our players, not to mention we were grooming youths, something foreign to the ttff until now and its nice to see our youths stepping up, not dog in a critical match that we lose with the ttff. No curry favour here sah, ttff is not run properly, jw needs some new assistants...

like many who follow cricket avidly, unlike yourself, all know that lequay and his boys want to jump on the bandwagon and take over our successful team and organization under murray, they want to reap his benefits and stab the tt players in the back by siding with wicb, murray has no problems, lequay and his boys want the power and to reap the benefits of tt cricket, the same lequay who almost destroyed tt cricket until murray took over..

so wheel and come again palos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »
Controversial,
                    grooming players has not been foreign to the TFA/TTFF. they have been doing that since the Benson&hedges tournament in 1970. Which was won by TT under the captaicy of Keith Looloy.  B&H has also sponsored a youth cricket tournament the year before in which TT won. They were lead by Dudnath Ramkisson. he eventually lead the WI yute team on tour to England.

OF the 70 team only LaForest, Spann, brian rigsby and Leiba made the senior tea. After 70 the TFA had juvenile competitons  for various leagues. TT did not enter the 72 Concacaf, but the entered the 74 tournament. Our team went to Toronto and came third. Mex. and Cuba were 1 & 2 and Mex went to the yute WC. From our team, Walkes, grayson, Carter, Granville, Murrel, Robert Francis, Gerald Homer, Sydney Shade, Chinapoo, Derek Lewis were drafted into the senior team. Over the past year the TFA/TTFF put resources in the yute program at the whims and fancies of JW. Dwight York and Latapy were all youth players. Did he not captain the youth team to the WC.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 08:30:24 PM »
deeks...we have to talk
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »
Controversial,
                    grooming players has not been foreign to the TFA/TTFF. they have been doing that since the Benson&hedges tournament in 1970. Which was won by TT under the captaicy of Keith Looloy.  B&H has also sponsored a youth cricket tournament the year before in which TT won. They were lead by Dudnath Ramkisson. he eventually lead the WI yute team on tour to England.

OF the 70 team only LaForest, Spann, brian rigsby and Leiba made the senior tea. After 70 the TFA had juvenile competitons  for various leagues. TT did not enter the 72 Concacaf, but the entered the 74 tournament. Our team went to Toronto and came third. Mex. and Cuba were 1 & 2 and Mex went to the yute WC. From our team, Walkes, grayson, Carter, Granville, Murrel, Robert Francis, Gerald Homer, Sydney Shade, Chinapoo, Derek Lewis were drafted into the senior team. Over the past year the TFA/TTFF put resources in the yute program at the whims and fancies of JW. Dwight York and Latapy were all youth players. Did he not captain the youth team to the WC.

breds understand that im talking about currently, not past achievements and for the last 3 campaigns tt should have qualified, imagine 100 years of football and one world cup... that doesnt make sense, if you watch at the ttcb, the youths are given the chance at sr level and they shine, our current team has too much fightdown and ego, which is not present with the cricket team, they actually play as a squad, our football squad is not the same and if it were run well, tt would qualify every 4 years

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 11:13:04 PM »
Controversial,
                      We should have gone to 3 WC but only been to one. I feel the same as you. That is a big disappointment. We only started or allowed( because we were a colony) to play WC from 1966. So WC particpation is realitively young.

I ain't make excuses for this team. All players have egos even cricketers. I don't think it is an ego issue with our players. This crop as a team is NOT GOOD enough to repeat. individually they function well for their clubs. But not so collectively for TT. But TTFF(Jack) policies made sure a back to back appearance at the WC will not happen.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 09:24:11 AM »
Controversial,
                      We should have gone to 3 WC but only been to one. I feel the same as you. That is a big disappointment. We only started or allowed( because we were a colony) to play WC from 1966. So WC particpation is realitively young.

I ain't make excuses for this team. All players have egos even cricketers. I don't think it is an ego issue with our players. This crop as a team is NOT GOOD enough to repeat. individually they function well for their clubs. But not so collectively for TT. But TTFF(Jack) policies made sure a back to back appearance at the WC will not happen.

i feel the same way as you and our participation is quite new if you think of it, however with a better admin they would have hired a coach or maintained an excellent coach, wim got fired, maturana got fired bc ttff was picking the bloody team, which admin does that? murray and co have no say in the selection of the cricket team, the selectors and head coach deal with that and theres no interference... unlike the ttff theres interference with the coaches selections and boycotts, blacklists and so forth, its mind blowing how the ttff goes about tearing down a team bc of corruption just to make sure we dont qualify, the ttcb does not do that, they are not perfect but they certainly are not the ttff.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »
We should have gone to 3 WC but only been to one.

Which three you counting?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 01:04:11 PM »
We should have gone to 3 WC but only been to one.

Which three you counting?

'74, '90 and '06 I am thinking...

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »
74 in Germany and the one in Italy.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 12:41:47 PM »
94 for sure shoulda be a guarantee with a proper admin...and 98 I think we had the best team ever with Nakhid, Marcelle and a Stern John at his peak, not to mention Yorke and Latas. Plus Nixon and Dwarika was still good players...

Sigh. Such talent gone to waste because of poor planning.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 01:56:15 PM »
Really pointless comparing the two organisations if yuh ask me.

The TTCB has MANY problems that you don't hear about.  You have to be intimately involved with one of the clubs to realise what going on.  TT cricket not as highly publicised as the football, so obviously things could pass under the radar until somebody decide to make a stink of it...like the Movement for Change (whatever) group.  When you in the bowels of the clubs you does get to hear who have favourites on the board and who will get blighs when come to protests, which players to push/select for national duty etc.  Last year there was a big issue with umpires causing them to strike and affecting game etc.  They have their issues but like ah say...yuh hadda be on the inside to know what really going on.  Mih bredda does play in the league so he know what going on.  Murray claiming since he there things running better.  Lequay claiming they now reaping the fruits of his labour...before he was ousted is he who put things in place.

Another important thing to note is that TTCB doh belong to Deryck Murray nor Lequay nor anybody else for that matter.  Decisions are board decisions and have to be ratified by the Ministry of Sport, so definitely there will be a better stance on accountability and transparency.  No one man run things there.

We all know that is not the case with the TTFF.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
94 for sure shoulda be a guarantee with a proper admin...and 98 I think we had the best team ever with Nakhid, Marcelle and a Stern John at his peak, not to mention Yorke and Latas. Plus Nixon and Dwarika was still good players...

yuh telling me, that was another good year, not to mention 2002 was another talented year, nigel pierre and stern john, plus latas and yorke, eve was around that time also....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 09:04:56 AM »

The TTCB has MANY problems that you don't hear about.  You have to be intimately involved with one of the clubs to realise what going on.  TT cricket not as highly publicised as the football, so obviously things could pass under the radar until somebody decide to make a stink of it...like the Movement for Change (whatever) group.  When you in the bowels of the clubs you does get to hear who have favourites on the board and who will get blighs when come to protests, which players to push/select for national duty etc.  Last year there was a big issue with umpires causing them to strike and affecting game etc.  They have their issues but like ah say...yuh hadda be on the inside to know what really going on.  Mih bredda does play in the league so he know what going on.  Murray claiming since he there things running better.  Lequay claiming they now reaping the fruits of his labour...before he was ousted is he who put things in place.

Another important thing to note is that TTCB doh belong to Deryck Murray nor Lequay nor anybody else for that matter.  Decisions are board decisions and have to be ratified by the Ministry of Sport, so definitely there will be a better stance on accountability and transparency.  No one man run things there.

breds i never said the ttcb is perfect but its better run and its accountable, right now you cant argue with that team selected by the selectors, its the best team available without a doubt, not to mention the fact tt has the best youth program in the region. the movement for change is jealousy and at least murray has challengers, who is challenging the ttff? by the way murray and co will win, so is in the open that people support them, lequay almost destroyed the cricket, for years we were going nowhere, and i know people on the inside and its not as bad, even close to the ttff

wheres the challengers for the ttff?

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »

breds i never said the ttcb is perfect but its better run and its accountable, right now you cant argue with that team selected by the selectors, its the best team available without a doubt, not to mention the fact tt has the best youth program in the region. the movement for change is jealousy and at least murray has challengers, who is challenging the ttff? by the way murray and co will win, so is in the open that people support them, lequay almost destroyed the cricket, for years we were going nowhere, and i know people on the inside and its not as bad, even close to the ttff

wheres the challengers for the ttff?

Yuh ent go get no argument from me there.  I do think is a good team that was selected.  The only problem is Pollard...yuh just doh know when he going to show up to play.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 09:04:59 PM »

It is not poor planning breds....poor planning implies that you are at least trying but didn't do it properly.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »

It is not poor planning breds....poor planning implies that you are at least trying but didn't do it properly.

:beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Like I said before, the TTCB is better run than the TTFF...
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 10:08:59 PM »
amen... the proof is in the black pudding oui  8)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Like I said before, the TTCB is better run than the TTFF...
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »
Newsflash dog bites man.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Like I said before, the TTCB is better run than the TTFF...
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 12:07:20 AM »
better or not....dey have an election going on
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>