April 28, 2024, 06:48:56 PM

Author Topic: Watching the Brazil vs Argentina  (Read 5806 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Watching the Brazil vs Argentina
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 06:17:32 AM »
On a side note...Fabiano is lookin decent, the fat-man-upfront era is over for Brazil. Adriano is currently playin crap for Flamengo (and as usual is pretty average for Brazil) so I doubt he could force his way back in front of Fabiano.

Pato have next.  Fabiano....den Pato....den whoever.

palos lke Nilmar disagree with your comment and out to prove it  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 07:13:13 AM »
On a side note...Fabiano is lookin decent, the fat-man-upfront era is over for Brazil. Adriano is currently playin crap for Flamengo (and as usual is pretty average for Brazil) so I doubt he could force his way back in front of Fabiano.

Brazil just have waaaaay too much talent for their own good!   Diego Tardelli (another standout graduate of the '05 U-20 WC semi-finalists along with Rafinha and Renan that I like) came on and with immediate effect put his stamp on the game within 3 minutes......he was more effective than Adriano was for the 69 that he played......Adriano BEEN givin' Brazil fans a 6 fuh a 9 fuh de longest!  Dunga need to give up on he and give Pato a real chance.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 08:24:28 AM »

Brazil just have waaaaay too much talent for their own good!   Diego Tardelli (another standout graduate of the '05 U-20 WC semi-finalists along with Rafinha and Renan that I like) came on and with immediate effect put his stamp on the game within 3 minutes......he was more effective than Adriano was for the 69 that he played......Adriano BEEN givin' Brazil fans a 6 fuh a 9 fuh de longest!  Dunga need to give up on he and give Pato a real chance.

Diego Tardelli!!! Dam! Dat man get two very famous WC Winning names. He can't go wrong  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 08:28:57 AM »

Well....yuh realize Brasil was down a man fuh a long while & Diego Tardelli came on after Chile lost Jara so it eh really fair to compare Adriano to he.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 09:01:55 AM »
Argentina have to play Peru at home and then Uruguay away.
Uruguay (6th) and Ecuador (4th) play each other next match day.
Ecuador last game is vs Paraguay.

This look like it will go down to the wire.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 10:14:07 AM »

Well....yuh realize Brasil was down a man fuh a long while & Diego Tardelli came on after Chile lost Jara so it eh really fair to compare Adriano to he.

Arright, I had forgot about that, so lewwe look at Adriano's whole contribution to this Brazil squad.  He was a ROCK for the Copa America Tournament when they beat Argentina in the Final.  He was a BEAST when they beat Argentina @ Emirate Stadium (Maybe he need to play in more friendlies) but he has done little other for this team.  Time for Dunga to finalize his lab report and give up on the experiment that Adriano has become.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:50:38 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 10:17:55 AM »
Argentina have to play Peru at home and then Uruguay away.
Uruguay (6th) and Ecuador (4th) play each other next match day.
Ecuador last game is vs Paraguay.

This look like it will go down to the wire.

Watch out for Venezuela.

Too bad their last game is away to Brazil.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maradona stares into World Cup abyss
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 12:27:36 PM »
Maradona stares into World Cup abyss

Argentina coach Diego Maradona was accused of making fatal errors in selection and tactics on Thursday as the soccer-mad country contemplated the humiliating prospect of missing out on the World Cup.

Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to Paraguay sent the former double champions slipping out of the four automatic qualifying places for the 2010 finals in South Africa with just two games in the South American zone left to play.

It was the fourth defeat in six qualifiers since Maradona took the reins.

(continue)

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »
stale in that i don't find their style attractive

They need R10 to get back in form... Brazil is a different side with him on the field.  The 1st 45 of the last friendly against Italy in London (before they shut down and started cruising) was how yuh want Brazil to look...Without R10 they are a different side...no jinga

You need to give up on that Ronaldinho dream. He not coming back.

I have
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 04:32:09 PM »
was just talking about the game this morning with ah argentine pardner and he real sour...

His words:

"If thats what Brazil call a win.. Playing like Italy? well then so be it.."

now that is what yuh call sour grapes, lol..

Observer, i was having this discussion in the other thread, you doh find the Argie keeper coulda stay on his line for the last goal?

Also I might be nitpicking but for the 2nd goal i find he coulda hold that too..
I say no to both situations...The keeper did the right thing by coming off his line to try to make for a more difficult shot on goal. In the second scenario, the shots were too hard to handle properly by the keeper.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 06:07:16 PM »

Diego Tardelli!!! Dam! Dat man get two very famous WC Winning names. He can't go wrong  ;D

I cyah believe I now see dis!  steupssss!  De man have a Franco-Argentinian name.  Two countries ah cyah stand! lol! Kill dem Argentinians dead, dey Italian anyway!  :devil:

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yet another loss leaves Argentines mad at Maradona
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 06:49:18 PM »
Yet another loss leaves Argentines mad at Maradona

Argentines are furious. They’re blaming their soccer team’s most recent World Cup qualifying loss squarely on coach Diego Maradona. Now the two-time world champions are in danger of missing their first World Cup since 1970.

"This Maradona has shown dramatically that he wasn’t born to coach, that his glorious image was useful at first, but no more," the Diario Popular newspaper wrote in Thursday’s editions.

The sports daily Ole wrote: "We’re going nowhere" over a picture of Maradona.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another loss leaves Argentines mad at Maradona
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 07:42:14 PM »
That is what happens when people are blinded by ego.  The fact that you could play don't mean you could coach.  Coaching is about game strategy, player management, and psychology.  With the talent Argentina has, it is obvious that Maradona lacks those attributes.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another loss leaves Argentines mad at Maradona
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 08:12:21 PM »
Let's see how this plays out ... it could have a lil effect on The House That Julio (Grondona) Built ... a structure not unlike The House That Jack Built.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »
Imagine, the federation called a meeting with Maradona and Bilardo after the Paraguay game ... and Maradona fly de country to go to some undisclosed spa in Italy ... didn't gih dem no notice nutten ... like he avoiding ah pink slip. Meeting buss.

His shadow so long he causing usually rational men to work outside de box.

1]; } ?>