March 28, 2024, 11:15:08 AM

Author Topic: BANDWAGONISTA EXPERIMENT  (Read 4305 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BANDWAGONISTA EXPERIMENT
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:03:25 AM »
since Man City (bar adebayors questionable antics and assault on on arsenal players and fans) have shown they are serious contenders

i wonder how it will be before we see man city shirts being touted and worn around trinidad

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: BANDWAGONISTA EXPERIMENT
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:05:27 AM »
very soon, most of dem people back home is about style more than substance, very shallow if you ask me, they dont even support their own local teams back home but they spending the top dollar to buy an epl jersey

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 10:12:02 AM »
If it looking good, buy it

Nuttin wrong with that
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »

Nuttin wrong with that

thats the whole point, no loyalty and support, why men not wearing wconnection, jabloteh and caledonia jerseys in trinidad bc they dont like they own, anything foreign they love, shallow thinking, if it look good, buy it? so yuh buying a jersey of a team yuh never support and the team yuh should be supporting locally yuh dont have time for but thats where they picking our national team from besides the overseas players, that backward mentality is the reason trinidad football is in the dark ages..

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 10:17:43 AM »

Nuttin wrong with that

thats the whole point, no loyalty and support, why men not wearing wconnection, jabloteh and caledonia jerseys in trinidad bc they dont like they own, anything foreign they love, shallow thinking, if it look good, buy it? so yuh buying a jersey of a team yuh never support and the team yuh should be supporting locally yuh dont have time for but thats where they picking our national team from besides the overseas players, that backward mentality is the reason trinidad football is in the dark ages..

i hope yuh eh own any foreign replica shirts.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »

Nuttin wrong with that

i hope yuh eh own any foreign replica shirts.

i own both, i have the national jersey and a joe public jersey, not to mention a feyernord and ajax jersey from my cousins who played for them and a  netherlands jersey, plus argentina, the teams i support, how much of allyuh have a local jersey? i support sah

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 10:21:30 AM »
Ask me which store i could find any Pro league club football replica?

Big steups....

Part of the popularity of replica shirts is tied to the availability.....

Even if the clubs are unable to sustain a full time kit shop, the pro league should have a store where  you could get any replica within the league....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 10:23:44 AM »
since Man City (bar adebayors questionable antics and assault on on arsenal players and fans) have shown they are serious contenders

i wonder how it will be before we see man city shirts being touted and worn around trinidad

What is your connection to Arsenal?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 10:26:17 AM »

Big steups....

Even if the clubs are unable to sustain a full time kit shop, the pro league should have a store where  you could get any replica within the league....

i totally agree, there should be a store, but men could go to the pro league office in valpark, its simple and ask where they selling the jerseys, yuh ever went the office? i did, but men not doing that, they rather spend they money on man city bc they are volkswaggonists, never true supporters of football, a setta people with big mouth and nothing to back it up, never even bother going to a pro league final in trinidad far less looking for a local jersey. even if there was a store with local kits man would still buy an epl jersey over it, so doh try dat

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »

Big steups....

i totally agree, there should be a store, but men could go to the pro league office in valpark, its simple and ask where they selling the jerseys, yuh ever went the office? i did, but men not doing that, they rather spend they money on man city bc they are volkswaggonists, never true supporters of football, a setta people with big mouth and nothing to back it up, never even bother going to a pro league final in trinidad far less looking for a local jersey. even if there was a store with local kits man would still buy an epl jersey over it, so doh try dat

And therin lies the difference between running a club like a business as opposed to how local clubs are run here

International clubs are in the business of picking up waggonists.... The business is tailored to that

More waggonists equal more brand recognition, sales and support

Go figure.....

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 11:00:30 AM »
I proudly wear my DEFENSE FORCE Jersey everywhere  :devil:

Also was in TnT a couple weeks ago... and I have to admit that some people really feel football juzzy is a fashion statement. Imagine I meet a PH taxi driver on the penal taxi stand in San Do wearing a Juventus juzzy and ask him to name me a couple players on the team... and he say he ah know... he just like the colors  :-\

Also some fellas in my village wearing Assanal shirts and they so sour lime refuse to be kicked by them.  :beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 11:13:16 AM »
I don't know how anyone who loves football, regardless if you like Arsenal or not, could try and justify what Adebayor did to Van P. It is wrong!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »
I think it has been a fashionable thing to wear the jerseys of team regardless of sport or whether you support that team. It is not only happenning with football but in other sports and with the wearing of caps. It also has been ongoing. People have been motivated to purchase a jersey or a cap because they may like the colour, the design, people like to collect things  or maybe it just  matches an outfit they have. I don't think the teams care what the motivation is for wearing it just as long as they spend money on their brand. I don't think it makes anybody a waggonist  because their motivation may not be about the sport or the team. I think the mindset today is different and sporting wear has become a part of people's wardrobe.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 12:58:47 PM »
Who say you have to a die support to wear a football jersey. I is a Desperados fan, but if I get a Renegades, All Stars, Phase2, Silver stars, cap or jersey, I go wear it.

The proleague office should have all the team jerseys to sell. That is their league teams.  That is there team. They should get the both T-shirt version and official version for who can afford a cheap or expensive one.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »
To each his own. I saw a man wearing a AC milan jersey and I ask him if he is a fan. He said no - I just like the jersey. I love to wear my T&T jersey in Miami and the other Caribbean carnivals. But when I wear my T&t jersy home , people looking at me funny, Someone even ask my brother- Things bad with your brother that his son has to lend him his Latapy jersey.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »
If it looks good I will rock it... don't mean I "supporting" the team.  I not wearing anything ugly in de name of suporting team.  Dat team supporting me in any way?  Steups. 

Yes is fashion.  No I couldn't give two shits... is not mih national flag.  More important things in life.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:34:33 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »

What is your connection to Arsenal?
beautiful stroke through covers for four :devil:

hear nuh Ryan, day have fellas livin right in TnT dat MORE english dan dem limey ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »

Big steups....

And therin lies the difference between running a club like a business as opposed to how local clubs are run here

International clubs are in the business of picking up waggonists.... The business is tailored to that

More waggonists equal more brand recognition, sales and support

Go figure.....

its a business sah but you have to improvise especially if they not running it so, like going to the office and getting the specs on getting a jersey, however i agree with you bc i have always felt it should be run like a business, to me them men is jokers bc thats revenue for the pro league and greater coverage for the players, not to mention tourists who come to trinidad should as part of their package see local games and get a jersey with the marquee player but these guys dont have that sense.

regardless i dont wear a team if i not supporting them, its like wearing a reggae boys t-shirt to a trini match or anywhere for that matter, i love my nation and my local clubs, i dont need to wear a man u and feel im on top of the world, i wear a joe public shirt and feel 1 million times better bc its my nation and my local clubs

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 03:18:24 PM »
i wear a joe public shirt and feel 1 million times better bc its my nation and my local clubs

You wearin a Jack Warner tee shirt hoss?

Den again...yuh could say wearin a T&T juzzey amount to de same ting so carry on... 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 03:21:16 PM »
Its a combination of factors...

1) Success of the team...local or foreign

2) Star players

3) Connection with the team

4) Important..colour and how it looking (fashion)

5) Price...too cheap is a shit jersey too expensive nah thats waste of money.

6) Quality

7) Pips

This funny...I will never wear a jamaica or a Usa jersey...dat to me is a sin.

But I have a Brazil that I does wear right tru and a france cause it looking good and I get it as a gift.

I find the pro league jerseys ugly...all of them they cheapy and I doh like it. They have some lotto and umbro ones but I doh like them.

I cyar rock a cali jersey...me ent have no affiliation to dat side, i not from south so a W-connection cyar see me. I like Jabloteh but again me ent like that green and black so I just doh wear none.

But manc jerseys in town since last year they were a reebok i think but they looking better this yr.

Also too i ent caught up with national team member...I cyar wear no sunderland and dem side on my back.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 04:33:18 PM »
Its a combination of factors...

1) Success of the team...local or foreign

2) Star players

3) Connection with the team

4) Important..colour and how it looking (fashion)

5) Price...too cheap is a shit jersey too expensive nah thats waste of money.

6) Quality

7) Pips

This funny...I will never wear a jamaica or a Usa jersey...dat to me is a sin.

But I have a Brazil that I does wear right tru and a france cause it looking good and I get it as a gift.

I find the pro league jerseys ugly...all of them they cheapy and I doh like it. They have some lotto and umbro ones but I doh like them.

I cyar rock a cali jersey...me ent have no affiliation to dat side, i not from south so a W-connection cyar see me. I like Jabloteh but again me ent like that green and black so I just doh wear none.

But manc jerseys in town since last year they were a reebok i think but they looking better this yr.

Also too i ent caught up with national team member...I cyar wear no sunderland and dem side on my back.

i can understand your concerns, the individual clubs need to refurbish their image and make it marketable, their marketing is poor, designing better jerseys would generate revenue for them bc of the look and identifying players are marquee players will also sell kits, and your right quality is important, the pro league and its teams are living in the dark ages also and need to re-think their strategy, i remember approaching them with a few ideas and realizing that 5 months had passed and no answer and meetings for my ideas, thats when you realize these guys dont care about taking the local league to a next level, so thats why the locals lose interest.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 06:42:10 PM »
I not wearing dem shitty hard to find local league jerseys...i wearing tnt, brazil and a few intl club jerseys once dey looking goood.

giggsy11

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
Nothing by Nike for me. Only Jersey I own is a United one made by Umbro and I only wear that mostly if I am watching a match at a bar. Will get a TnT one once I find a player worthy of putting on the back. I can't stand to  see people wearing jersey's without a name on it or the put their shitty name on it. Small ting.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 08:30:38 PM »
This is how it feels to be City
This is how it feels to be small
How does it feel for your team to win nothing at all?
Nothing at all..nothing at all

f**k All!
you'll never win f**k all
34 years! f**k All!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 09:43:55 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 09:25:11 AM »

f**k All!
34 years! f**k All!

Small Mag will fit right in on the upper terrace of the Streetford End.  :rotfl:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 09:39:01 AM »

f**k All!
34 years! f**k All!

Small Mag will fit right in on the upper terrace of the Streetford End.  :rotfl:

I prefer the view in the North Stand  ;)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 10:16:57 AM »
All in one season; Bendtner, Eboue and Adebayor got Booed in their OWN stadium BY THEIR OWN "FANS"!  Eboue was crying coming off the field when the boos was raining on him and he collect the Cobo sweat! That to me, is much more disgraceful and hurtful than what Addy do...At least anyone wearing a Man city jersey will show more respect and loyalty to their OWN players! steuupssss....who more fikkle than an Arsenal fan? Allyuh know how to stand by anything? Even Wenger, at the end of the year get berated! steupssss.....Do yuh forkin ting Addy boy! Ah find yuh cudda kiss the City Crest too during that 15 foot slide on yuh knees... maybe at the Emirates?  ;)

p.s. GunnerStunner; am i "inciting" you?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:43:24 AM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 10:23:33 AM »
All in one season Bendtner, Eboue and Adebayor got Booed in their OWN stadium BY THEIR OWN "FANS"!  Eboue was crying coming off the field when he collect the Cobo sweat! At least anyone wearing a Man city jersey will show more respect to their OWN players! steuupssss....who more fikkle than an Arsenal fan? Allyuh know how to stand by anything? Even Wenger, at the end of the year get berated! steupssss.....Do yuh forkin ting Addy boy! Ah find yuh cudda kiss the City Crest too during that 15 foot slide on yuh knees... maybe at the Emirates?

p.s. Arsenal is shit

Yeah, but Bendtner is shit though. When yuh dat shit, yuh cyah be rubbin it in by wearin pink boots.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 11:49:57 AM »
All in one season; Bendtner, Eboue and Adebayor got Booed in their OWN stadium BY THEIR OWN "FANS"!  Eboue was crying coming off the field when the boos was raining on him and he collect the Cobo sweat! That to me, is much more disgraceful and hurtful than what Addy do...At least anyone wearing a Man city jersey will show more respect and loyalty to their OWN players! steuupssss....who more fikkle than an Arsenal fan? Allyuh know how to stand by anything? Even Wenger, at the end of the year get berated! steupssss.....Do yuh forkin ting Addy boy! Ah find yuh cudda kiss the City Crest too during that 15 foot slide on yuh knees... maybe at the Emirates?  ;)

p.s. GunnerStunner; am i "inciting" you?

More disgraceful than stamping Fabregas on his ankle, and V. Persie in his face? More hurtful and antagonistic than purposely running the entire length of the field just to rub it in Arsenal fans' faces? As well as Adebayor played, he showed a complete lack of class in that game...and i eh no Arsenal fan
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »
i does try to make it a point to get the jerseys of all the teams i support as far as my economics allows... So i must have a chelsea, barcelona and inter jersey in my closet.. must have ah up to de time Trinidad and a Italy jersey..

it have certain jerseys i will never wear. Jamaica.. USA.. England.. Germany.. Man Utd.. Liverpool..

Somebody give me ah England jersey as a gift and i use it to bathe the dog.

But if it have a jersey I see and I like I will call it.. I have a mad purple spurs kit from about 8 years ago, a old long sleeve Roma kit and a Villareal that i does always get real pips for. And i like to have jersey from obscure side that nobody else go have, like the Besiktas or the Latas Falkirk..

Nothing eh wrong with rocking a jersey just because yuh like de jersey, doh mean yuh hadda like the side.

1]; } ?>