April 24, 2024, 03:05:33 PM

Author Topic: I eh know nah boi !! what trini coming to, five people shot to death  (Read 1795 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
and many injured In a bar @ 2 am this morning
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 09:41:46 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: I eh know nah boi !! what trini coming to five people shot to death
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »
which bar,wuh area.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: I eh know nah boi !! what trini coming to five people shot to death
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 01:29:58 PM »
 heard it on power 102fm wasn't in time to hear the bar name but that is what i hear so far
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I eh know nah boi !! what trini coming to, five people shot to death
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:48:15 AM »
Doh worry is not the PNM, Manning's or Joseph's fault.

Five people were shot dead during a birthday party in Curepe, yesterday, in the latest shock in this country's staggering murder rate.

The deceased have been identified as Kerron Charles, Damien Punette, Hakim Vickles, Glen Morris and Ray James. Two others-Kelvin Parris and Girma Selassie-remain warded at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in critical condition.

Relatives of Charles, Punette,Vickles and Morris described their murders yesterday as unprovoked, insisting the men were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The multiple killings have now pushed the murder count for the year to 372.

The murderous attack, police report, started around 2.30 a.m. with two armed men entering the La Cabana Club, on Knowles Street and shot in James's direction.

James, 23, of Jackson Street, Curepe, reportedly a former Youth Training Centre inmate, is said to have had an altercation with gang members from the area on Saturday night.

According to police, James was affiliated with several gangs and was known to have frequented the club and other pubs in the area.

He was shot several times about the body, including his head.

Police stated that several guests were attending the birthday party at the club of a woman-whom investigators refused to identify-when two men entered and shot at James. However, after he fell, they kept firing indiscriminately having made sure of their primary target by shooting him even as he lay dead on the ground.

Several patrons fled through the club's exit, with some running through the nearby Knowles Street Recreation Ground which lies a few feet from the club.

In the melee, the murderers made their escape.

Following the shooting spree, Parris and Selassie were discovered bleeding in a corner of the club and rushed to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex where they remained warded in critical condition. Sources say Parris was shot in the left shin, while Selassie was shot in his back.

Morris, 27, lived at Bertie Trace, Arouca and was shot several times.

When the Express visited the Curepe area, relatives of Charles, also called "KK" and Boatman", described him as being "a hard working construction person."

Relatives of Punette, who live a short distance from the club said they heard several gunshots.

Purnette, 25, a welder/mason, lived on Knowles Street and went to the club with several friends. A female relative described him as being "cool, humble and very hard working and hardly ever limed."

"He was the caretaker for the place (La Cabana Club). He came home and dropped off his girlfriend, then went to drop off the van at the club, but while there he saw his friends and started liming," the relative said.

Adding that relatives remain shocked over the incident, the female relative who was also at the club said when the shooting occurred the only thing she thought of was "to just get out."

Relatives of Fourth Form student Vickles were more vocal as they grieved over his death. Vickles, of Bellesmythe Street, Curepe and a student of the St Joseph Secondary School was shot behind the DJ booth at the club.

Vickles' brother Kelsay Nico Hughes said: "He was a good one. He just leave home to go and play music in the party and we got a call stating that he get shoot. I tried calling his cell phone three to four times and was not getting any answer."

Stating his brother was known as the "fix-it man" around the neighbourhood, Hughes said: "He always saying he wanted to be a technician. "He was never disrespectful, he never hold no gun. He was the life of a party when he nearby everybody does be entertained."

A female relative of Selassie described his condition as being critical. "He is conscious but critical."

Selassie,16, of NUGFW Drive, Valsayn, was not supposed to have been at the party, his relative said.

"He is just 16 years old and was not hearing to stay inside," the relative said.

A team of investigators led by ACP John Trevajo, Sen Supt John Edwards, Ag Supt David Nedd, Insp Ancil Corbette and officers of the Special Anti Crime Unit (SAUTT) and Homicide Bureau visited the scene. Investigations are continuing.

Més que un club.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »
used to be shirt jack, now ... vest?! :-\

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:05:45 AM »
I could have sworn I heard that four more died last night....but ah immune to that kinda news now so I really didn't tune in properly and I could be wrong about what I heard...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »
I could have sworn I heard that four more died last night....but ah immune to that kinda news now so I really didn't tune in properly and I could be wrong about what I heard...

I know dey kill a teacher
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »

She was also the wife of an officer.

The police dispatched with some of them today as well.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »

She was also the wife of an officer.

The police dispatched with some of them today as well.

She use 2 wuk police dey both worked police admin bldg.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 06:44:42 AM »

Sad to say I find myself falling into the same boat. Yuh know just another day in Paradise.

1]; } ?>