April 26, 2024, 02:45:50 AM

Author Topic: Kenwyne faces a fight for his place  (Read 15712 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne faces a fight for his place
« on: September 14, 2009, 05:08:01 AM »
By Graeme Anderson (The Shield Gazette)

SUNDERLAND striker Kenwyne Jones has been warned he faces a fight to get his place back after going away on international duty.

The Trinidad & Tobago forward started Saturday's 4-1 victory over Hull City on the bench after being away with his country last week.

His manager Steve Bruce was happy with the way Fraizer Campbell and Darren Bent provided such an effective strike partnership in Jones's absence.

And he said: "Fraizer and Darren had trained all week together, and they needed to start.

"It was an easy decision to make to leave Kenwyne on the bench, because you can't travel 10-12 hours midweek and not be affected by it after a couple of games.

"The great thing is that we've got a bit of quality that we can leave on the bench now, and Kenwyne will know now that if he doesn't play to his full potential his place will be under threat.

"Fraizer and Darren are a handful for any defence, and they've shown they can cause problems as a partnership."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne faces a fight for his place
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:21:16 AM »
i think this is fair. cuz kj needs to realized the reality of the team.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 05:45:05 AM »
kj unfortunately ent no dwight yorke,wish him all the best but I see a uncertain future for him......

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:29:49 AM »
I think that Steve Bruce, though he is ah asshole, is spot on here. Key word..

"if he doesn't play to his full potential his place will be under threat."

We never put his position under threat in TnT. However in all fairness to KJ.. when he is putting that 100% he is a force to be reckoned with. Even more than this campbell boy.
Warren N. Boucaud

giggsy11

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:35:19 AM »

We never put his position under threat in TnT. However in all fairness to KJ.. when he is putting that 100% he is a force to be reckoned with. Even more than this campbell boy.

Wait why do you think Bruce is an ahole? Did I miss something?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 07:03:42 AM »
i call this from day one...too bad he started the first few games otherwise he woulda be on form by the time the Honduras game come round once he stopped resting on his laurels and start working to be d best that he can be.

Which is at least as good as Drogba

But he not showing the hunger to go with his attributes
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 07:04:14 AM »
competition is always good fuh business.come on kj pull up yuh damn socks.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 07:04:39 AM »

It's a good point if we had put his place under pressure like in the 2006 qualifiers he would have ahd to be motivated .... poor man management ...with leo everybody's position was under pressure.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 07:10:19 AM »
oh well.. there goes his apperence for the RWB for the last 2 hex games..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »
oh well.. there goes his apperence for the RWB for the last 2 hex games..

Or he could be dropped from wearing their RBW...!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 07:32:42 AM »
Righfully so, this ain't no free ride.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 08:20:59 AM »
Steve Bruce really wanna play his english born players... Cambell yet to score this season jones have 2 goals and bent got 4 goals... are you guys really that blind Jones eh even play that much games yet for him to be on sum next shit like that. But yea i know most of yall on here not a big fan of Jonesy anyway right...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »

SUNDERLAND striker Kenwyne Jones has been warned he faces a fight to get his place back after going away on international duty.

The Trinidad & Tobago forward started Saturday's 4-1 victory over Hull City on the bench after being away with his country last week.

His manager Steve Bruce was happy with the way Fraizer Campbell and Darren Bent provided such an effective strike partnership in Jones's absence.

And he said: "Fraizer and Darren had trained all week together, and they needed to start.

"It was an easy decision to make to leave Kenwyne on the bench, because you can't travel 10-12 hours midweek and not be affected by it after a couple of games.

"The great thing is that we've got a bit of quality that we can leave on the bench now, and Kenwyne will know now that if he doesn't play to his full potential his place will be under threat.

"Fraizer and Darren are a handful for any defence, and they've shown they can cause problems as a partnership."

Comprehension must not have been some ah allyuh strength in school.  He didn't seem to say anything new in that article that he hasn't aluded to before.  Unless a team is without the benefit of a decent bench most managers in the biggest leagues do this with players who've travelled far and long hours for national team duties.  Add that during KJs time away non senior national team entities like Campbell and Bent were able to practice and link, giving the manager much confidence that he can rest KJ against a sputtering Hull City and not miss a beat.  No news here really, but some ah allyuh so hard up fuh KJ anything that seems even remotely like it will "put him in his place" does get allyuh blood pumpin.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 08:58:39 AM »

Comprehension must not have been some ah allyuh strength in school.  He didn't seem to say anything new in that article that he hasn't aluded to before.  Unless a team is without the benefit of a decent bench most managers in the biggest leagues do this with players who've travelled far and long hours for national team duties.  Add that during KJs time away non senior national team entities like Campbell and Bent were able to practice and link, giving the manager much confidence that he can rest KJ against a sputtering Hull City and not miss a beat.  No news here really, but some ah allyuh so hard up fuh KJ anything that seems even remotely like it will "put him in his place" does get allyuh blood pumpin.
My take on it is that Bent and Campbell show that they could work as a partnership and the teamscore four with them on the pitch, so it means that zKenwyne and Bent is no longer  the guaranteed 1st choice. kenwyne have to perform now, every week or he could be on the beench
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 09:05:16 AM »

That is exactly what Latas should have done to KJ after he started so many games for T&T and couldn't score!

I hope Latas is learning from an experienced manager how you deal with your top strikers who are not scoring!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:06:58 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 09:08:01 AM »
Yo i don't think you guys figure out steve bruce yet nah amma leave all yuh to really figure out the scene... Best of luck to Jones hope he plays his ass off and get his spot back...

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 09:08:19 AM »
 ::) I think we all know Kenwyne has yet proven that he is an all round quality striker....he hasn't shown it for us and he has only shown glimpses of quality in the EPL...now is time for him to step up or warm the bench...I hope that he becomes a quality striker and this competition should help...but we will see.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »
I have no issue with having each player fight to keep his starting position. But to say that because he went on national duty to play 2 sanctioned WC games you want to use that as reason to bench. Goat pebbles!!!!!

Would he have said that to Rooney, Terry or Lampard.? Anyway what he telling KJ, TT out of the WC, don't go back for the two remaining games.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 09:12:13 AM »
I have no issue with having each player fight to keep his starting position. But to say that because he went on national duty to play 2 sanctioned WC games you want to use that as reason to bench. Goat pebbles!!!!!

Would he have said that to Rooney, Terry or Lampard.? Anyway what he telling KJ, TT out of the WC, don't go back for the two remaining games.

Is not like TnT fans want him so Bruce might be doing him and many of the TnT "fans" a favor.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 09:19:05 AM »

And would that be so bad for us?  
Let KJ stay in Sunderland and fight to get off the bench!

Let’s be prepared as T&T football fans not to see KJ in T&T colours again for quite a while.
Now is KJ’s time to light up the EPL like how Dwight did back in his prime!

All the best to KJ, buss some net and make yuh papers and don’t worry as I don't care if you score 20+ goals for Sunderland this season, we don't need to call you back and interrupt your flow!!
Well not at least until 2014 qualifiers start back as far as I'm concerned!

And same goes for Scotty, concentrate now on establishing yuhselves as top EPL strikers and we'll concentrate on giving some of our young U-20 stikers a chance to shine in T&T senior colours!

And doh worry when you guys eventually come back to play for T&T doh expect our head coach to give you special treatment just because you are top strikers in the EPL! Be prepared to warm bench and to fight for a starting spot just like you do at your clubs!

Hopefully the starboy thing and friendism is over and done with which was another factor apart from JW and his blacklist why our 2010 qualification camapign was a failure!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:10:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 09:25:21 AM »
I have no issue with him benching KJ. Say the real reason you doing it. Doh insinuate that his WC football is a reason to bench him.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »
I have no issue with him benching KJ. Say the real reason you doing it. Doh insinuate that his WC football is a reason to bench him.

Deeks I eh see what so hard to understand..

The man fly half way around the world to play two difficult international fixtures and then fly all the way back to England (4 hours ahead) leaving little time for him to recover for the Saturday morning game. Its only plausible that he wasn't physically in a condition to start that game.

Same thing applied for a whole host of South American players involved in WC qualifiers returning to their european clubs this weekend and sit on the bench.

And as a consequence of that, Campbell got an opportunity to start and he shine.. Sometimes is so it does go.. whaz de big fuss about?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 12:21:17 PM »
All d time I hear tinkin is only we eh playin good for.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 12:40:12 PM »

That is exactly what he saying to KJ.  Too bad Latas couldn't be the one to say it to him

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »

That is exactly what he saying to KJ.  Too bad Latas couldn't be the one to say it to him

D majority eh want him 2 come back anyway so leh he stay and fight 4 he spot in d UK.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »
Steve Bruce really wanna play his english born players... Cambell yet to score this season jones have 2 goals and bent got 4 goals... are you guys really that blind Jones eh even play that much games yet for him to be on sum next shit like that. But yea i know most of yall on here not a big fan of Jonesy anyway right...

Campbell has upto now only had sub appearances in the prem, all at RSM none up front unless you count the time he came on in the 90th minute for Bent.

He is 3 years KJ's junior and in the games he has played has looked like he has something about him, has a lot of pace, works hard and can beat a man, lacks experience and makes the wrong choices somethings as is his want given his experience.  How do you think KJ would do playing RSM?

This has nothing to do with being english, Bruce brought on Da Silva and Mensah on Saturday having sold Leadbetter and Collins, it is simply about what the tin says which is KJ gets his arse in gear and keeps it there otherwise he won't play, it will be the same for Bent or Campbell.  You are seeing something that is simply not there because you want to see it imho.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »
By the time we come round for the Qualifying matches for Brazil,KJ might be the complete striker.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 04:08:25 PM »
By the time we come round for the Qualifying matches for Brazil,KJ might be the complete striker.

Regardless I hope our local strikers department will be so strong by then that we still wouldn't need to call him back even if KJ is the top EPL striker by then and win the treble with Sunderland!

If KJ pleads to come back and play for us with the hope that he can play in another World Cup like the other top EPL strikers then let him be prepared to warm bench while our new Stern John whoever he is shows KJ how the job is done!  ;)

I am sure given these circumstances when KJ eventually gets the chance again to strike for us he will no longer be missing sitters or hitting the woodwork! Is either set up chances and score or be prepared to get ignore or warm bench till yuh boomsey sore! 8)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 04:35:31 PM by Socapro »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »
Socapro,I understand exactly how yuh feel  because KJ really let us down badly,my feeling was that he would eventually come good but he never did.I dont want to talk bout the TT vs US match but he really should have buried that header.I hope as you say we have some good boys in TT so we dont have to depend too heavily on too many players from abroad. 8)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »
You can't judge a strike pair after one good game! It's easy to get some lucky breaks and perform well in one game.

If you perform well after the rest of the league knows you are an establish strike pair... then I would say Jones should be worried.

1]; } ?>