April 18, 2024, 06:08:35 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne faces a fight for his place  (Read 15656 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne faces a fight for his place
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 04:43:09 PM »
Socapro,I understand exactly how yuh feel  because KJ really let us down badly,my feeling was that he would eventually come good but he never did.I dont want to talk bout the TT vs US match but he really should have buried that header.I hope as you say we have some good boys in TT so we dont have to depend too heavily on too many players from abroad. 8)

All yuh pls we try d local experiment this yr. Dat went so well. Say u hope d young and coming forwards go overseas and develop and come and represent d RWB 2 d fullest.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »
I have no issue with him benching KJ. Say the real reason you doing it. Doh insinuate that his WC football is a reason to bench him.

Deeks I eh see what so hard to understand..

The man fly half way around the world to play two difficult international fixtures and then fly all the way back to England (4 hours ahead) leaving little time for him to recover for the Saturday morning game. Its only plausible that he wasn't physically in a condition to start that game.

Same thing applied for a whole host of South American players involved in WC qualifiers returning to their european clubs this weekend and sit on the bench.

And as a consequence of that, Campbell got an opportunity to start and he shine.. Sometimes is so it does go.. whaz de big fuss about?
Positive omar! steve bruce can't pull that with KJ, BC it nah go work! KJ iz in demand and nuff clubs would love to have him! i bet if bruce pull that shyte KJ will be out the door by the january transfer window.

botton line, cambell don't bring what Kj brings to the table, which is winning airballs and lobbed passes, plus the sprinting up field to defend, and defending on set pieces.

i saw cambell's game on sataurday and he's just like bent, an all out offensive forward, he cannot draw ah double team to free up other attacking players, nor is he ah post up player.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
I have no issue with him benching KJ. Say the real reason you doing it. Doh insinuate that his WC football is a reason to bench him.

Deeks I eh see what so hard to understand..

The man fly half way around the world to play two difficult international fixtures and then fly all the way back to England (4 hours ahead) leaving little time for him to recover for the Saturday morning game. Its only plausible that he wasn't physically in a condition to start that game.

Same thing applied for a whole host of South American players involved in WC qualifiers returning to their european clubs this weekend and sit on the bench.

And as a consequence of that, Campbell got an opportunity to start and he shine.. Sometimes is so it does go.. whaz de big fuss about?
Positive omar! steve bruce can't pull that with KJ, BC it nah go work! KJ iz in demand and nuff clubs would love to have him! i bet if bruce pull that shyte KJ will be out the door by the january transfer window.

botton line, cambell don't bring what Kj brings to the table, which is winning airballs and lobbed passes, plus the sprinting up field to defend, and defending on set pieces.

i saw cambell's game on sataurday and he's just like bent, an all out offensive forward, he cannot draw ah double team to free up other attacking players, nor is he ah post up player.

and funny enough... master kenwyne has all these attributes... He needs to come out of himself and let go. Kinda like Morpheus encouraged NEO to do. KJ have to allow himself to be better than he rates himself and his work-rate to be. He has to stop being afraid of being great. It's been written the act of becoming great is a scary thing to face.

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 06:15:26 PM »
Kj will be ok.....bench time or not........so jus chill allyuh self

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 06:40:19 PM »
You can't judge a strike pair after one good game! It's easy to get some lucky breaks and perform well in one game.

If you perform well after the rest of the league knows you are an establish strike pair... then I would say Jones should be worried.

a fair point but in the EPL everybody have to be worried. Management worried because ah arab swoopin in to buy yuh team.. as a coach yuh only ever have a bout 4 games to f**k up.. the players have about the same. THat is a whole worry league but competition does have its advantages.  We need more of that in TnT.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »
Keep working KJ...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 11:29:24 PM »
All the best KJ...keep on keepin on d boss..jus stay healthy and continue to with the good work rate and everything go be safe..best of luck son!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bruce faces selection headache
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 11:26:31 AM »
Bruce faces selection headache
Sky Sports

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce admits he faces a selection headache this weekend, but is not complaining.

Striker Fraizer Campbell impressed when filling in for first-choice forward Kenwyne Jones during their 4-1 victory over Hull City on Saturday.

Jones was rested by Bruce when he arrived home on the day of the match after international duty with Trinidad and Tobago, allowing Campbell to partner Darren Bent up front.

Campbell took the opportunity to impress with some good link-up play with Bent, the club's top scorer with four goals this season.

Now Bruce must decide whether to reward the 22-year-old with another starting role as the team travel to Burnley on Saturday, or reunite his first choice pairing of Jones and Bent.

"I didn't consider Kenwyne last weekend because of his long flight back," Bruce told the Sunderland Echo.

"I had Fraizer there, champing at the bit - I wanted to give him a chance to show what he can do - and Fraizer and Darren showed signs of developing an understanding and a partnership, both in training and in the match.

"We won 4-1 and now I have to decide whether to bring back Kenwyne or not.

"But that's what I get paid for - management is all about making these kind of decisions."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 12:04:40 PM »
honestly i eh wuh him ridin pine.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
Leh Bruce f**k arong an seef dey eh geh poison from Burnley.  If he kno wha good fuh him he go put een KJ and Bent to have Burnley unda pressha.  Campbell and Bent looked good yes but is flikkin Hull dey play, even hapless Pompey lookin better dan dem right now

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »

But at the end of the day...Sunderland score 4 with him on the field, whatever he didn't bring to the table. If he on d field again next weekend and Sunderland score four with Bent getting a hattrick and Campbell not scoring, it still wouldn't matter that he eh bring what KJ does to the table. The side scoring goals with KJ on d bench.

And that is the bottomline.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2009, 12:57:41 PM »

But at the end of the day...Sunderland score 4 with him on the field, whatever he didn't bring to the table. If he on d field again next weekend and Sunderland score four with Bent getting a hattrick and Campbell not scoring, it still wouldn't matter that he eh bring what KJ does to the table. The side scoring goals with KJ on d bench.

And that is the bottomline.

KJ facilitated one of those goals fella.  And temper yuh argument with the fact that they played the worst team in the league.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »
Leh Bruce f**k arong an seef dey eh geh poison from Burnley.  If he kno wha good fuh him he go put een KJ and Bent to have Burnley unda pressha.  Campbell and Bent looked good yes but is flikkin Hull dey play, even hapless Pompey lookin better dan dem right now

It would be a major surprise if Kenwyne didn't start on Saturday.

But for whatever reason Bruce must feel it is necessary to have to jig Kenwyne along.  Several weeks ago he came out with the comment that KJ's head hasn't been right for the past 6 months or so, since then he seems to feel he needs to gee KJ up through the press (no info just the impression I am getting).   Possibly bruce feels that he is not putting it all in all of the time, its not a good place to be in either Bruce's or KJ's position.  I haven't a clue whats going on in training or being said privately but there must be a reason Bruce feels he needs to keep geeing him up.

Ironically for the record I think Campbell would probably work better with KJ than he does with Bent.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2009, 01:30:01 PM »

KJ facilitated one of those goals fella.  And temper yuh argument with the fact that they played the worst team in the league.

Well fella...if he come off the bench again he might facilitate one of the goals...again.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2009, 02:54:10 PM »

Well fella...if he come off the bench again he might facilitate one of the goals...again.

So you think it make sense fuh Bruce to take that chance against a Burnley team that has looked as if they could challenge for finish in the top half if they continue to compete the way they have thus far?  All based on how well Campbell looked with Bent against a team that looks destined to be relegated?!  Has KJ looked bad in any games so far?  I mean is one thing if he been playing poorly and Campbell come good but without a poor outing or two, what would be the basis for benching KJ?  I swear is like man on here dying to see KJ fail or something oui!!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »

So you think it make sense fuh Bruce to take that chance against a Burnley team that has looked as if they could challenge for finish in the top half if they continue to compete the way they have thus far?  All based on how well Campbell looked with Bent against a team that looks destined to be relegated?!  Has KJ looked bad in any games so far?  I mean is one thing if he been playing poorly and Campbell come good but without a poor outing or two, what would be the basis for benching KJ?  I swear is like man on here dying to see KJ fail or something oui!!!

Please call names, who give yuh that impression?  ???

I know that certain man have expressed the view that in their opinion KJ has been overrated for both club & country but is that the same as dying to see him fail?!

As I said please call some names and bring yuh evidence to back up yuh acquisitions.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:43:01 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2009, 12:15:13 AM »

Thats a very big if.  Think they will be fighting relegation rather than anywhere near the top half tbh, good luck to them if they are though.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2009, 08:29:31 AM »

I know that certain man have expressed the view that in their opinion KJ has been overrated for both club & country but is that the same as dying to see him fail?!

As I said please call some names and bring yuh evidence to back up yuh acquisitions.

Dan me eh ha to call no names, allyuh is big men and no exactly what bullshit allyuh does be talkin!  You is one ah dem culprits dat does act like yuh toatin feelins fuh KJ too (based on his national team appearances), but dat is besides de point.  My point is, until now KJ has played well as a starter for SAFC so I can't see why anyone would feel it is even remotely sensible that KJ should possibly be benched.  Despite Campbell's performace this past weekend, we need to remember is a downward spiraling Hull team that they looked so good against.  Add that last year they cut Hull ass by the same margin with a weaker all around unit by comparison.  So now after considering that, as well as KJs play so far there is nothing to suggest that this should even be a discussion.  We not discussing how KJ look for TnT, we discussing SAFC.  And when put in proper context KJ doesn't deserve this at this juncture of the season.  This might be Bruce's way of trying to maximize KJ's effort and that is fine by me, but when man start chiming in as if KJ has somehow done something to warrant losing his starting spot, I will not hesitate to tell man dey on shit an seem like dey eh like de fella.  Is things like these why he could righfully say he eh care wha TnT fans saying about his play. 

Thats a very big if.  Think they will be fighting relegation rather than anywhere near the top half tbh, good luck to them if they are though.

No doubt that is a big if and when things settle they probably go be in de relegation battle.  But to this point they playing better than Hull, better than Everton and better than many other teams in the league.  Liverpool blaze dem but they result against Chelsea only one goal shy of equalling Sunderland's.  So to me they merrit bringing your strongest team and despite the fact that I like Campbell I don't see him as being a better option as a starter than KJ.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »

Dan me eh ha to call no names, allyuh is big men and no exactly what bullshit allyuh does be talkin!  You is one ah dem culprits dat does act like yuh toatin feelins fuh KJ too (based on his national team appearances), but dat is besides de point. 

FYI I carry no ill feelings towards KJ, in fact I've been to a Sunderland game just to support KJ (and the rest of our T&T players who have no left) and even take pictures with the man which are now framed and sitting on my TV!

So please doh call my name in yuh wishing KJ to fail nonsense!

Thanks & laters
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
after the Burnley thrashing, SB is making some changes for tomorrow's cup tie vs Birmingham City, but only talk of Mensah and Da Silva so far.

Will KJ get a start or not?

throw parties, not grenades.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 10:33:30 AM »
after the Burnley thrashing, SB is making some changes for tomorrow's cup tie vs Birmingham City, but only talk of Mensah and Da Silva so far.

Will KJ get a start or not?

He go keep KJ right there on the bench and see what B&C do again.  If they flop KJ go be back fuh weekend, if not C will get an extended lifeline.

Offline mysoccerson

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 11:04:43 AM »
OK so I am a new member , so I will put in my 2 cents IN. Unfortunately I cannot write the lingo on here ANYMORE because mine may come out stupid. So I will speak as if the words are coming out of my mouth. Yes I am a Trini, but left at the age of 171/2 to live in England.. So don't hate on how I write.

I think that it is fair that the players are kept on their toes. You have to remember that its all about the points when it comes to English football. They don't care how good you are. If they think that someone on the bench can do better , then they have to take that chance. Look at Jlloyd. He did well last season, but when this season started, Megson decided to have him on the bench for the first two games. He then realize that the new boy that started instead of J was not up to standards. So of course, Jlloyd was back to starting again. Believe me, it keepS them on their feet and alert. So all I can say is that Kenwyne has to work his a** off to show that he can be a better striker. HARD WORK BRINGS SUCCESS
Live everyday as its your last

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 11:16:12 AM »
OK so I am a new member , so I will put in my 2 cents IN. Unfortunately I cannot write the lingo on here ANYMORE because mine may come out stupid. So I will speak as if the words are coming out of my mouth. Yes I am a Trini, but left at the age of 171/2 to live in England.. So don't hate on how I write.

doh study dat ... plenty ah we does type in American accent whenever we ready.
Yuh should link up with Small Mag. He real good at translating from Trini parlance to The Queen's English to Cockney to Geordie. Great lad to go for advice.

Talking bout accents. Anybody ever buy tickets from the cashier in Movietown who have an American Accent?
Ah wanted to dead when the gyul tell meh the movie time is eight-thirdy
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 11:34:37 AM »
Talking bout accents. Anybody ever buy tickets from the cashier in Movietown who have an American Accent?
Ah wanted to dead when the gyul tell meh the movie time is eight-thirdy

Maybe she leave Trini when she was 17 1/2 too... and juss reach back.

Offline mysoccerson

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 11:40:23 AM »
Yes I did come back for the game. It was very interesting...Hmmm

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2009, 11:46:47 AM »
Yes I did come back for the game. It was very interesting...Hmmm

Nah I wasn't talking about you friend... but never mind dat, de moment gone anyways.

Welcome to de forum  :beermug:

Offline mysoccerson

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 12:11:32 PM »
My bad  :angel:  Thank you very much for the warm welcome..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »
My bad  :angel:  Thank you very much for the warm welcome..

Not a problem  ;)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 03:25:26 PM »

I think that it is fair that the players are kept on their toes. You have to remember that its all about the points when it comes to English football. They don't care how good you are. If they think that someone on the bench can do better , then they have to take that chance. Look at Jlloyd. He did well last season, but when this season started, Megson decided to have him on the bench for the first two games. He then realize that the new boy that started instead of J was not up to standards. So of course, Jlloyd was back to starting again. Believe me, it keepS them on their feet and alert. So all I can say is that Kenwyne has to work his a** off to show that he can be a better striker. HARD WORK BRINGS SUCCESS

Nothing wrong with that but up until Hull the results were credible so its a lil hard to understand why (at least for me) KJ was relegated to the bench

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 05:26:42 PM »

Nothing wrong with that but up until Hull the results were credible so its a lil hard to understand why (at least for me) KJ was relegated to the bench

KJ was relegated to the bench because his replacement (while he was away with T&T on Hex duties) worked hard and impressed in training. Plus SB thought it wise to give KJ some extra rest once he got back after all the travelling back.

Considering all that it seems a logical decision to me! KJ just has to impress when he comes on and he'll soon be starting again. If he doesn't then he'll continue to warm bench, its that simple. Remember Sunderland is not T&T and Bruce is not Latapy so KJ is not guaranteed to start unless he's proving over & over again that he deserves to.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:32:47 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>