April 29, 2024, 08:22:38 AM

Author Topic: Junior Warriors get settled in Egypt  (Read 4366 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Junior Warriors get settled in Egypt
« on: September 21, 2009, 08:02:50 PM »
Junior Warriors get settled in Egypt
T&T Express reports.

National Under-20 football captain Leston Paul and his teammates got their first feel of Egypt yesterday as they arrived in Alexandria as one of the featured teams for the gala kick off and opening ceremony for the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Championship starting Thursday at the Egyptian Army Stadium.

After checking in at the luxurious Radisson Hotel just after midnight Egypt time, the T&T contingent were afforded top of the line treatment and accommodation in keeping with a prestigious FIFA tournament.

"The FIFA U-20 World Cup is a very important tournament, which over the last 30 years, has repeatedly unearthed future stars such as Maradona, Ronaldinho and Messi. I'm certain new talents will be discovered at the 2009 tournament in Egypt," declared FIFA president Joseph Blatter on the eve of the tournament.

As the T&T team arrived at the match venue, the Egyptian Army Stadium, for their training session at 7pm, there were loads of activities taking place as FIFA and the Local Organising Committee officials were hard at work, putting the final touches in place for Thursday's opening ceremony. Following its one hour session, the T&T team then made way for the hosts to practice soon after. The daytime conditions are relatively warm, not as humid as Cyprus and the temperature dropped to around 24 degrees as night approached.

T&T head coach Zoran Vranes says he expects his players to perform better in training in the remaining two days leading up to Thursday's match which kicks off at 8pm (2pm TT time).

"I  was a little bit disappointed with the training. This pitch is very fast but we will adjust to it," Vranes told TTFF Media.

"It was something that we have to think about a bit more. But I expect our sessions over the next couple days will get better. We have a challenge to get ready for Thursday. We saw tonight the size of the stadium and the crowd will be tremendous.

"I think the players will be very anxious and we have to make sure they are mentally and physically ready. I see no reason why we will not be ready because we have prepared very long for this. Of course it's an opening game and eyes all around the world will be on Trinidad and Tobago but I have no fear that we will be ready," he added.

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner and his contingent arrived in Cairo olast night and will be present at Thursday's grand kick off.

LAST-MINUTE CHECK: Coach Zoran Vranes, centre, gives instructions to the national Under-20 team during a training session at the Egyptian Army Stadium in Egypt yesterday.

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Junior Warriors get settled in Egypt
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »
I hope our team Don't have to stand through the opening ceremonies.

They can be introduced, then get outta there.

they can watch on tv

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:08:33 PM »
Papillons in meh stomach

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 09:11:03 PM »
Papillons in meh stomach
who,louis dega.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:29:57 PM »
nah, I remembering my first international in ottawa stadium in 74. Butterflies when the anthemn playing.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 09:30:11 PM »
any links to view the games?

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 10:01:16 PM »
Show them yuh Spunk Warriors.Them other teams ain't doin nutten that allyuh cyar do.
Mek dem see blinky blinky and mek yuh peeps proud.Bless.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 05:31:48 AM »
any links to view the games?

You can view the games online at ESPN360.com
Egypt vs. Trinidad & Tobago : Thurs., Sept. 24 @ 12:55 p.m. EST
Italy vs. Trinidad & Tobago: Mon., Sept 28 @ 12:40 p.m. EST
Trinidad & Tobago vs. Paraguay : Thurs., Oct. @ 1 3:25 p.m. EST

To check if your system can run ESPN360, please go to http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/support/syscheck
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 05:37:00 AM »
In this video guys, de first song (Hammer ?), a small clip of the song before Machel start off, does anyone know who sing it and what is the name of the song. ?

Thanks in advance.

Young Warriors in Egypt - First Day training - Egyptian Army Stadium

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 08:00:48 AM »
demacro sing it. u welcome.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 08:23:06 AM »
make we proud fellas.tnt all de way.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
First day of training U20 not looking....
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
Dem brothers looking nervous... and tight... someone have to help them brothers with their mental preparation by letting them know to relax and enjoy the experience but also keep in mind that they have a job to do.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:12:19 PM by Coach »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: First day of training U20 not looking....
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 05:41:13 PM »
Not good. Might be a function of the staff themselves. They haven't been there before. Those sentiments may be picked up in their body language and voice etc.

C'mon fellas. It's just a game of football.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 06:13:27 PM »
........Leston Paul was just on the news saying just that, that some of the players were nervous.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 06:15:34 PM »
........Leston Paul was just on the news saying just that, that some of the players were nervous.....

If they weren't nervous, something would be terribly wrong.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »

It would be good if they don't allow it to shut them down mentally......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »
Well when yuh hear yuh coach say this. If yuh wasn't nervous before it will definitely do the trick

"I  was a little bit disappointed with the training. This pitch is very fast but we will adjust to it," Vranes told TTFF Media.

"It was something that we have to think about a bit more. But I expect our sessions over the next couple days will get better. We have a challenge to get ready for Thursday. We saw tonight the size of the stadium and the crowd will be tremendous.

It sound like Vranes was really surprised and didn't expect it at all. So is no wonder the nervous flu spreading.

If is one thing we team like to start slow and he probably thinking with the speed of the pitch if the Egypt come out blazing it could be trouble early. But if any team good at slowing up ah game is T&T. So like he say they will adjust

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 06:47:56 PM »
Now that I think about it....perhaps the team should have arrived a tad earlier....like last week instead of a few days before the tournament... :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 06:50:44 PM »
Well when yuh hear yuh coach say this. If yuh wasn't nervous before it will definitely do the trick

It sound like Vranes was really surprised and didn't expect it at all. So is no wonder the nervous flu spreading.

If is one thing we team like to start slow and he probably thinking with the speed of the pitch if the Egypt come out blazing it could be trouble early. But if any team good at slowing up ah game is T&T. So like he say they will adjust

Vranes ever coached this age group before?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »
They give us to play egypt in the opening game ,cause they want egypt to win.........I wouldn be scared or nervous ,I would be pissed!!! I would play the game of my life just to prove the organizers wrong  .
Come orn boys shock the world !! Think Cameroon Argentina ,opening game.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 09:36:08 PM »
Now that I think about it....perhaps the team should have arrived a tad earlier....like last week instead of a few days before the tournament... :-\

I woulda think so too..buh hindsight is 2020. Mightnt have gotten warm up games....probably woulda be scouted more....who knows?

Fellas...is not no scene...allyuh eh have nuttin to lose. Some of allyuh was dey in a similar environment before......de only difference is dat yuh support go be extremely partisan against yuh. Use de nerves positively. All I could ask is dat allyuh go out there and do allyuh best....and i eh have no reason to doubt that go happen. Show dem allyuh eh jus name warriors for kicks.  :beermug:

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 10:35:03 PM »
weren't they the first team to arrive?

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 11:42:13 PM »
They give us to play egypt in the opening game ,cause they want egypt to win.........I wouldn be scared or nervous ,I would be pissed!!! I would play the game of my life just to prove the organizers wrong  .
Come orn boys shock the world !! Think Cameroon Argentina ,opening game.
We was de nOOb in Germany & expected to laydong but,
we impose we WILL on de Naysayers @ de expense of we
first two opponents & almost walk way w/3pts from de
1st game.Like Quagmire say,'Think Cameroon-Argentina
,opening game'. I say think Trinidad-Sweden.Egypt not
seeded nor better than we other 2 opps.,so who is de
most likely fuh we to take out & then build from that?
Lehwe show dem that de Powers dat Be wanted WE to win.
BTW, ah wonder wah happen to de boys dem mp3 players. :peace:
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 05:11:25 AM »
Not good. Might be a function of the staff themselves. They haven't been there before. Those sentiments may be picked up in their body language and voice etc.

It's not as simple as it's just a game,that's why we does have problems against those teams outside there,it's more than a game to them,is only who have had the experience to be in those guys position will know how it feels,nobody can't tell me they don't be nervous when confronted with situations like this,this is representing your country on the big stage,it's the same reason our locals don't do well,the foreign players suppose too because they are in that environment day in day out,even the Coach surprised much less for the players,if we don't raise our expectations nobody will have to cuss and get with the results,lets say these guys have done the best they can already anything else is icing on the cake,i wish them the best just go for it you already there. 

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 06:54:35 AM »
Nerves are expected, its only natural. Most of it is anticipation of the game, wanting to get started after training & exhibition games.

Stating that the pitch was fast is only a statement. Though I doubt the pitch would be faster than the artificial pitch at the Center of Excellence. These things happen when you move from a grass pitch where the grass was slightly longer. But it was a training pitch so who cares. Now if it was the stadium, then it would take some getting used too.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 07:01:53 AM »
It is okay to have a few butter flies. But after first touch of the ball everything does be okay.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 07:42:12 AM »
Nerves are normal- even the pros at the highest level get nervous- Zidane vomited seconds before scoring his penalty against England in Euro 2004, when asked about it he responded that he was nervous....The Egyptians will likely be just as, if not more nervous playing in front of their home fans....Concentration will be the key- particularly in the early going....win, lose or draw many lessons are bound to be learned.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 08:27:52 AM »

another 4 runs down de boundaries.  We have to deal with things from the perspective that it is natural but how do you fuse and use it to our advantage.  Hope they have a good head dude on de trip.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 08:39:09 AM »

It's not as simple as it's just a game,that's why we does have problems against those teams outside there,it's more than a game to them,is only who have had the experience to be in those guys position will know how it feels,nobody can't tell me they don't be nervous when confronted with situations like this,this is representing your country on the big stage,it's the same reason our locals don't do well,the foreign players suppose too because they are in that environment day in day out,even the Coach surprised much less for the players,if we don't raise our expectations nobody will have to cuss and get with the results,lets say these guys have done the best they can already anything else is icing on the cake,i wish them the best just go for it you already there. 

Coops as dangerous as this philosophy could be (complacency), I like it meh boy. I think that you woulda pull the pressure off me dey if I was on the team. It allows for me to go and concentrate on football. Yuh already toating butterflies because yuh mother done say she go beat in front all yuh friends if yuh aint score.  :rotfl: (lookup soccer-mom TnT style).
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »
Nerves are expected, its only natural. Most of it is anticipation of the game, wanting to get started after training & exhibition games.

Stating that the pitch was fast is only a statement. Though I doubt the pitch would be faster than the artificial pitch at the Center of Excellence. These things happen when you move from a grass pitch where the grass was slightly longer. But it was a training pitch so who cares. Now if it was the stadium, then it would take some getting used too.

It's the Egyptian Army Stadium where the game would be played.

But as Vranes say....they will make the adjustment

1]; } ?>