March 29, 2024, 01:49:38 AM

Author Topic: Manchester Derby  (Read 25300 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester Derby
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
The ref is allowed to add time for substitutions during the game, whether it is the beginning, middle or end; he can add time for goals being scored; celebrations; injuries, wasting time ect. Anything that may take away from the game being played in 90 minutes after all is said and done. It all comes down to the ref's discrestion. Some times the added time is never enough or is to much.

Which always are in ManU's favour... ??? go figure!

Big Up!

After the goal was scored by Man Utd in extra time I saw that the ref added on even more extra time which could have been used by Man City to equalize! He did not blow the whistle right after Man Utd had scored!
Lets just say the better team on the day won and done this crying argument blaming the refs for Man City's lost!

Hard luck to Man City and better luck next time!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:22:18 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »
Socapro....good points...but it surely was not the case in this game...ManC was going for the win...The ref just refused to blow the whistle while ManC had possesion after the 4th min...then in pressing forward a phantom foul was called.. and he still allowed ManU to play until they scored..how come an extra minute was not added for that goal!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2009, 10:16:54 AM »
den y hughes take out de jong for petrov?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2009, 10:17:44 AM »
Socapro....good points...but it surely was not the case in this game...ManC was going for the win...The ref just refused to blow the whistle while ManC had possesion after the 4th min...then in pressing forward a phantom foul was called.. and he still allowed ManU to play until they scored..how come an extra minute was not added for that goal!

Big Up!

Yuh sounding confusing, as I saw it Man Utd scored within the announced 4mins of extra-time and if the ref was so anti Man City or pro Man Utd he could have blown the whistle right after Man Utd had scored but no he didn't! Instead he gave Man City some more extra time to see if they could still salvage a draw but they couldn't!

Hard luck Man City but the better team on the day won!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2009, 10:20:59 AM »
nope, they scored at the 95th min mark... it took about 1 min for play to start back...whistle blew aprox 5 secs after kick off...you are the one a lil confused  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2009, 10:22:48 AM »
Any time a ref gives additional extra time in a match like this, it is giving extra incentive to the favored HOME team not the away team.. especially at a place like Old Trafford.

c'mon guys..

if allyuh just was to just come out and say "we get a bligh but we go take that", i could more than respect that, but stop trying to justify the bullshit.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »
I would have taken the draw, but at the end of the day the win is much sweeter with full three points in the bag. I'll take it. I know alot of people don't wanna hear it, but I think the last sub Fergie made was to gain some more time on the clock and it worked in our favour around the 5' min of injury time, but it's Man.U so they are gonna hate regardless.

doh study dem breads.....they doing like if City only had  4 mins of extra time to score while we had six. Haters would always be haters.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
I would have taken the draw, but at the end of the day the win is much sweeter with full three points in the bag. I'll take it. I know alot of people don't wanna hear it, but I think the last sub Fergie made was to gain some more time on the clock and it worked in our favour around the 5' min of injury time, but it's Man.U so they are gonna hate regardless.

doh study dem breads.....they doing like if City only had  4 mins of extra time to score while we had six. Haters would always be haters.

I am not really a Man Utd supporter but I have to agree!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2009, 10:28:36 AM »
Any time a ref gives additional extra time in a match like this, it is giving extra incentive to the favored HOME team not the away team.. especially at a place like Old Trafford.

Rubbish!! Both teams are from Manchester and as a result are practically at home, that is why its called a Derby!  :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »

Rubbish both teams are from Manchester and as a result are practically at home, that is why its called a Derby!  :devil:

you not serious...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2009, 10:29:50 AM »
did not see it but the better team won. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »

Rubbish both teams are from Manchester and as a result are practically at home, that is why its called a Derby!  :devil:

you not serious...

Why do you think they refer to games like these as a local derby then?
Its do or die in these games so home advantage is of no consequence to the away team because they are practically playing in their neighbours backyard and trying to steal mangoes from their neighbour's tree for local bragging rights!!!!  :devil:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:48:43 AM by Socapro »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2009, 10:44:26 AM »

you not serious...

Why do you think they refer to games like these as a local derby then?
Its do or die in these games so home advantage is of no consequence to the away team because they are practically playing in their neighbours backyard and trying to stealing mangoes from their neighbour's tree for local bragging rights!!!!  :devil:

??? ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2009, 10:51:50 AM »
so in the Chelsea/Spurs game...had 2 or 3 long injuries...and only 8 mins added...Man U got almost 7 for what?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2009, 10:59:52 AM »
so in the Chelsea/Spurs game...had 2 or 3 long injuries...and only 8 mins added...Man U got almost 7 for what?

Big Up!

Correction Man Utd & Man City got almost 7 extra minutes unless someone tied up the Man City players feet for the extra-time period!
Allyuh stop allyuh damn moaning, its sickening!

And I'm not a Man Utd supporter eh, so doh jump to that conclusion!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:58:13 AM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2009, 11:09:42 AM »

Big Up!

Bassong hit he head real hard on dat play boy... hope he's okay, he looked like he was completely out of it on the pitch.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2009, 11:14:25 AM »

Big Up!

Bassong hit he head real hard on dat play boy... hope he's okay, he looked like he was completely out of it on the pitch.

Yeah, on the replay it looked real nasty...his hand got caught under Anelka, so he could not use it to breaks the fall...ouch! Hope he is alright though...glad he was conscious.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »

Rubbish!! Both teams are from Manchester and as a result are practically at home, that is why its called a Derby!  :devil:

... but United isn't technically located in Manchester. Is like calling Jabloteh vs Joe Public a derby - San Juan & Arouca is two different place.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2009, 11:48:09 AM »

Legends

;D ;D ;D ;D :rotfl: :rotfl:

c**ts:

:beermug: :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2009, 11:53:06 AM »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nice one SM!!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2009, 12:27:43 PM »
Not one of you lot/ blokes can honestly back the 6 minutes of added on ET that was allowed AFTER the ref signalled 4 mins. Had it been City with the winner, you would be cursing the ref at all ends.

Last season all that diving, cheating and intimidation ended up in the sweetest cutarse in Rome past May.

The higher you climb, the further you fall.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2009, 01:15:30 PM »
Final Result

Full Time

90:00+6:58
The final whistle is blown by the referee.

90:00+5:28
Assist on the goal came from Ryan Giggs.

90:00+5:28 GOAL - Michael Owen:
Man Utd 4 - 3 Man City Michael Owen gets on the score sheet with a goal from deep inside the penalty box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Man Utd 4-3 Man City.

90:00+4:51
Foul by Carlos Tevez on Rio Ferdinand, free kick awarded. Wayne Rooney delivers the ball from the free kick right-footed from right channel, Stephen Ireland makes a clearance.

90:00+3:09
Effort on goal by Wayne Rooney from outside the area goes harmlessly over the bar.

90:00+2:28
Corner taken left-footed by Ryan Giggs from the right by-line, save by Shay Given.

90:00+2:28 Substitution (Man Utd) makes a substitution, with Michael Carrick coming on for Oliveira Anderson.

90:00+2:00
Antonio Valencia produces a cross, clearance made by Stephen Ireland.

89:54
The assist for the goal came from Martin Petrov.

89:54 GOAL - Craig Bellamy:
Man Utd 3 - 3 Man City
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2009, 01:41:27 PM »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2009, 01:44:32 PM »

Man Utd 4 - 3 Man City Michael Owen gets on the score sheet with a goal from deep inside the penalty box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Man Utd 4-3 Man City.

4 mins of ET indicated by the ref, so why was the game still being played at +5:28?
:whistling:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »

4 mins of ET indicated by the ref, so why was the game still being played at +5:28?
:whistling:

To allow the better team to score and win!  :devil:

And which team did that again? :whistling:

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2009, 02:14:16 PM »
Spot the spelling  :-\

lol - typical of the edumacated lads that follow ManUre to their detriment.
Reminds me of the time Glen Beck tried to spell Oligarhy ... I mean Oligarchy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wo5Sm9poKTw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Wo5Sm9poKTw</a>

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2009, 03:21:02 PM »
that argument about time added on for a goal and sub is utter bullshit!!!

nuff time yuh see a goal score and the ref blow off the game from the subsequent touch off... no extra time added..

subs is to eat time off the clock not add time...

come better than that nuh

ah boy we agree on sumthing!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2009, 04:09:23 PM »

T&T welcomes back...the King

giggsy11

« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »

Evra is a real a$$hole boy...

nah he, tevez and park are real close friends. So I think he was just messing with Tevez in fun after the match.

1]; } ?>