July 20, 2024, 12:25:34 AM

Author Topic: Dwight lived the dream  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Dwight lived the dream
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 02:57:06 PM »
How de ass you could fall asleep in de middle of de pitch during training? Yorke really was amazing oui!

And again..i noticing a common trend....with all of our heroes.....people see it in them that they could have achieved more. Wow.

What more could Lara have achieved?

Well if Digicel did no accept scabs when dey come on d scene he would have make d 12000 plus runs.

I believe Boubon was referring to not making full use of one's potential as it relates to Trinbago sports heros.  If that is the case I can't agree with that with respect to Brian Lara.

As far as I am concern Lara achieve all he could have achieve so 2 expect more would b blasphemous. All he needed was a good team wit him not a couple good players now and then

For me...Lara give we gravy too yes.

Ah mean....

375.  Lorse de record
400. Get it back

These are iconic scores in the history of cricket.

501?  1 man?  WTF?

I honestly think we have no REAL appreciation for the genius that is Brian Lara nah.  The mental fortitude he displayed in his career make Yorkie (wit all due respeck) look like a slightly challenged child by comparison.

I think Brian Lara...from a mental standpoint...has utterly destroyed any suggested "mentally weak" stereotypes.  I think from a mental toughness standpoint, he right up there with the greats of ANY SPORT.

the prince could have achieved more, a world cup to his name, 12k plus, 3 triples and 12plus doubles, viv keep the man back 2 years, the wicb try to ruin him and didnt give him the team he wanted so all in all he could have achieved more, but it wasnt his fault, all external factors caused, but what he had in his power to do, he did it, thats why when obama came he had to meet the best cricketer that ever lived, the yankees say the michael jordan of cricket, i say the brian lara of cricket...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 03:02:45 PM »
Yorke is a boss.....

Say wha yuh want bout potential and slackness....Yorke do he do and like heself while doin it. D man win league, FA cup, champions league, championship divison, A league, best defensive player in a world cup (sic), most goals, player of d year and Cole talkin bout potential? Only ting yorke hadda do now is get one ah dem million dollar contract udecott givin out and is a wrap.

De reason why yuh hadda love men like yorke, lara and bill clinton, is dat dey like deyself when dey had d eyes of d world on dem. How much ah we could say we do dat?

I remember we did play south africa a few years back ,ah tink was 99 or so, and yorke was trainin in d stadium. At dat time Bertille was at d helm and d u23 team used to train wit d senior team. Yorke get a cross ball and take it on he chest and score a volley and one ah d young playes tell yorke 'do it again nah'. Yorke pass d ball to him and tell him cross it..he do d exact same ting, and tell d youth (in a decidedly trini accent), "Doh get tie up, dais my wuk". From dat day i realise yorke on a completely differnt level.

Imagine yorke in he 38th year still studying how much hoes and rims he woulda pull wid money footballers makin nowadays...yuh gotta love him.

How d muddacu$# yuh could fall asleep in trainin...dat is level madness!!!

But yuh know wha...dais yorke...and dais why we love him.

Respect Dwight...money does done...hoes doh done...like yuhself.

yorkie was rated in the top 3 strikers in the world in his prime, if he wasnt trini they would have rated him the best striker in his time, but politics is a nasty thing, i dont think anything could take away his success, no woman or partying that is, its apart of we as a people.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »
He was never better than David Ginola...  :beermug:

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 03:30:59 PM »
Yorke's fitness is something I have always heard about,even when he was at stclair's coaching school. hope the younger players can take that pattern
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
Yorke's fitness is something I have always heard about,even when he was at stclair's coaching school. hope the younger players can take that pattern

No joke there. He had the record in Gustine too. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 05:47:34 PM »
ANDY AND DWIGHT are legends in United I am sorry Ronaldo and Rooney can't touch them

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 06:02:55 PM »
Something i always look at in Football in T&T,with all the achievements Yorke got you people does still turn around and say Latapy is the best Footballer our country ever produced,i wonder why? 

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »
I want to live the dream too yes....."bess cars and bess birds"...LOL

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 11:57:13 PM »
Good Read! Big UPP Andrew any way he dey!  :beermug: :beermug:
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 06:35:25 PM »

profound

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Once again I'm reminded that this is predominantly male forum.... ::) ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 06:47:51 PM »

profound

Free hoes is ah disconnect.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2009, 11:02:50 AM »

profound

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Once again I'm reminded that this is predominantly male forum.... ::) ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: Brownie you not easy nah!!!!!  If the man say that profound, it profound. ;D   

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2009, 11:16:17 AM »
Well done Anna I applaud you and everytime I saw you  playing football, I for one was very proud.

God Bless and thank you
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »
Friday gone...ah bounce up lara and Yorke on the golf course in Moka..
i on the 9th and dem teeing off de first...but is only lara i notice...se we standing there....and as the group walked off....i just notice one of them...by his calfs...well calves ??..///ah say/....i know dem calves...lol..and ah just say "Skipper"...and he turn round and we shook hands and i thanked him for all the great times and enjoy your life after football da da da...he flash de famous smile...

and somebody get vex when i say recently that Flex should not mention Yorke and Zamora in de same breath and Sentence....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »

On Goals on Sunday...
We look back at the best of Saturday's action

Yorke & Cole: dynamic duo
GOALS ON SUNDAY
Sept 20, 11am, Sky Sports 1

This week Goals on Sunday brings you one of the best partnerships in recent football history - and we're not talking about Ian Payne and Chris Kamara!

Manchester United legends Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke will be joining us on the sofa to reflect on their glory days and to look back on the best of the weekend's action.

The duo formed one of the most prolific strike partnerships during their years at Manchester United, firing the Red Devils to an unprecedented treble in 1999.

Ahead of the Manchester derby, Cole - who has played on both sides of the divide - will be reflecting on what it is like to play for one of the most famous clubs in the world.

The striker, who officially retired from playing last season, will also be telling us about his current role as coach under Lee Clark at Huddersfield Town.

Meanwhile, Trinidad & Tobago star Yorke will be telling us what his future holds after being released by Sunderland at the end of last season.

And they'll both be looking back at the highlights of the weekend's big games with Ian and Kammy.

We'll show you the key moments from all of Saturday's Premier League games, including Arsenal v Wigan, West Ham v Liverpool and Aston Villa v Portsmouth.

Plus we'll have the best of the Football League highlights and the goals from the Scottish Premier League too.

So join us from 11am on Sunday morning for another action-packed Goals on Sunday.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »
This article had me thinking a lot, especially when Cole said that Yorke didn't reach his full potential.  I've found in life that a man never knows what he doesn't know.  But those that come after him can and may learn from what that man has left behind.  So I won't jumbie Yorke about what he didn't do because what he did do is significant enough considering where the man come from.  I know this though, what Yorke left behind for football in Trinidad someone along the way will take up were Yorke left off and do way better.  The key questions is, did Yorke do his best and did he leave something behind worth emulating?  Whether or not he could have been better is only for the Father above to know.  Not even Yorke can truly tell.  People need to do what they have to do in the moment because when the moment is gone. Well, it's gone. 

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »
This article had me thinking a lot, especially when Cole said that Yorke didn't reach his full potential.  I've found in life that a man never knows what he doesn't know.  But those that come after him can and may learn from what that man has left behind.  So I won't jumbie Yorke about what he didn't do because what he did do is significant enough considering where the man come from.  I know this though, what Yorke left behind for football in Trinidad someone along the way will take up were Yorke left off and do way better.  The key questions is, did Yorke do his best and did he leave something behind worth emulating?  Whether or not he could have been better is only for the Father above to know.  Not even Yorke can truly tell.  People need to do what they have to do in the moment because when the moment is gone. Well, it's gone. 

Yes Preacher, yuh preach dey
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »

Barataria  that article had me jangy all week thinking about my own situations.  :beermug:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2009, 08:38:40 PM »

Barataria  that article had me jangy all week thinking about my own situations.  :beermug:

Sense, ah culd understand dat, once yuh heart beatin nuttin cyar stop de fire inside from spurrin yuh onto higher heights, so you keep on keepin on  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>