July 26, 2024, 07:53:29 PM

Author Topic: Three simple questions to head coach Latas requiring straight honest answers!  (Read 7455 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
And please note if we can't get straight honest answers from you Mr Latas you are in danger of losing the respect, support and love that most diehard T&T football supporters have for you on SocaWarriors.net.

1)   Are you allowed to call-up any player you feel can add something to the senior squad or does Jack have the ultimate say?

2)   Do you believe that a fit Brent Sancho could have made a marked improvement to our defence in this failed 2010 qualification campaign?

3)   If yes to no.2 then why did you not call Sancho up to the squad before it was too late for us to make one of the top 4 spots like it is right now?

In summary Lloyd & Zamora could get a call up to the squad but Sancho a proven defence soldier for T&T didn't and our defence as everyone knows is our biggest weakness! Imagine a T&T defence with Lloyd and Sancho marshalling things in the back line!! Maybe we would not have conceded so many goals and things might have worked out differently!
And I don’t think I’m clutching at straws as the 2010 campaign is now over for us, just summarising what could have been possible if you Latas was more of a Don Leo type character!

Can someone please corner Latas somewhere and see if they can get him to answer the three simple questions above and report back to us?

Three extra questions you could ask but these extra questions are optional depending on how much time Latas could spare to answer yuh questions and if yuh brave enough to ask them:  8)

4)   How confident are you that you will be kept on as senior head coach after this Hex?

5)   Do you think the decision will be influenced by how the team plays and results in our remaining two Hex games?

6)   What coaching plans do you have in case you are not kept on as head coach after the Hex?

Many thanks for answering these questions devisied by
Socapro on behalf of all the concerned supporters on SW.net

P.S. If yuh need to print this page out and walk with it so you don't forget the questions then please do but it is imperative that the first three simple questions are answered honestly by Latas and asap!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:24:31 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And TTFF special adviser Jack Warner announced that while grateful for the help from Government, he and his organization had invested $11 million in the development of the current squad to have them prepared properly for the upcoming global event and the transition to the national senior team for the World Cups in 2014 and 2018[/u]

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
And TTFF special adviser Jack Warner announced that while grateful for the help from Government, he and his organization had invested $11 million in the development of the current U20 squad to have them prepared properly for the upcoming global event (U20 WC) and the transition to the national senior team for the World Cups in 2014 and 2018
fixed ;)

AJW only have eyes for 2014, and didnt he say Latas should get international Coaching experience
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:00:31 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Three extra optional questions just added to the list but note this interview should not take more than 5 minutes of Latas precious time just in case he is real busy preparing not to play any warm-up games before our last two Hex games!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:12:44 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
aint it to late to be worrying bout Sancho? we already eliminated... 2014 he prolly be 37 o sum messed up what happen with him but it seems done with...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
aint it to late to be worrying bout Sancho? we already eliminated... 2014 he prolly be 37 o sum messed up what happen with him but it seems done with...

Yuh missing the point here!
We are not worrying about Sancho with these questions!
The person we are worrying about is Latas and his ability to pick and coach the best possible team in his future games as head coach!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The person we are worrying about is Latas and his ability to pick and coach the best possible team in his future games as head coach!
Oh Tru my fault  :beermug:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I know we are out but I keep running things in my head over and over and keep getting the same bloody answers,if only our defenders were up to it.We lost every match by defensive mistakes and not by brilliant opposition play.What makes matters worse is that we were seeing the "writing on the wall"when we were beaten by Bermuda and Grenada,that is when we should have acted.It makes you wonder whether Mats as well as Latapy were just puppets and JW in fact was picking the sides,it certainly looks suspiciously that way.
 I have to admit to myself that we failed to qualify for SA2010 because of a "blacklist",we have shot ourselves in the foot,things could have been so different.All is not lost and some consolation could come from the Under 20s,if things go well for them we can smile again.We can all look forward to 2014 with the neucleus of the Under 20 boys and whoever else we can unearth during the next 4 years.I cant wait.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
People still talking about Sancho? lol

we not serious atall!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

That is a rhetorical ? right?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Three simple questions to head coach Latas requiring straight honest answers!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 08:37:26 AM »

Més que un club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Three simple questions to head coach Latas requiring straight honest answers!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 09:50:41 AM »

we not serious atall!!

ah love it!!

Like some ah allyuh men doh read the discussion thread properly before allyuh post boy!

Check quote below which I gave to Trinidogg regards the purpose behind these questions to Latas.

Oh Tru my fault  :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »

Yuh have tuh post the ded horse that dutty post last yr, dutty ded horse was boss. that was ah live animated cut arse fuh dat horse.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »

we not serious atall!!

ah love it!!

:rotfl:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Three simple questions to head coach Latas requiring straight honest answers
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 03:01:09 PM »

Men eh studying that. In the other thread tried to explain that they talking about who old and not like you said here, Latapy ability to be fully in charge.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Three simple questions to head coach Latas requiring straight honest answers
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 03:13:26 PM »

Men eh studying that. In the other thread tried to explain that they talking about who old and not like you said here, Latapy ability to be fully in charge.

All yuh did really expect Latas 2 tell Jack what 2 do? D only ting he have in common wit d Don is dat they both speak many languages.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »
Seriously, is there any member of the forum based at home in T&T who can volunteer to corner Latas somewhere and ask him these simple but important questions?

I don't want these questions to be lost as yet another entertaining thread and no one makes the effort to pose them to Latas asap and to hopefully get totally honest answers!

We need to know where we stand with head coach Latas regards to his ability/power to pick and coach the best possible senior team if he really wants our total backing as head coach in the long term beyond the Hex.

We need some names, so who willing to volunteer to do this 5 minute interview?

Better still try to get it recorded or even videoed.

Maybe Shaun Fuentes is the best man for the job but is he willing to do it?
Oh yeah, Shaun is currently in Africa so he cyah do it!

Many thanks
Socapro
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:45:50 PM by Socapro »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 03:57:18 AM »
The truth always comes out in the end...be patient when Jack no longer has need of his services,maybe he would volunteer that info....so in the mean time exercise some patience...word of caution,this may take some time as I do not see coach Latas as going anywhere any time soon.... :devil:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »
Let us get serious- All yuh think Latas stupid to go against his boss. Latas has been dealing with Jack since his strike squad days. He knows not to cross Jack. Ask  Gally if he ever said anything about Jack. Look at the Dentist Jack still has him as a FIFa techical director sitting in the stands. Guess what The dentist will soon be coaching a Caribbean team - remember Vranes. Latas already has his pet response to Questions- I will pick the best possible team.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »
Let us get serious- All yuh think Latas stupid to go against his boss. Latas has been dealing with Jack since his strike squad days. He knows not to cross Jack. Ask  Gally if he ever said anything about Jack. Look at the Dentist Jack still has him as a FIFa techical director sitting in the stands. Guess what The dentist will soon be coaching a Caribbean team - remember Vranes. Latas already has his pet response to Questions- I will pick the best possible team.

Why yuh trying to preclude the interview sah?

If yuh in T&T and volunteering to corner Latas and ask him the questions yuhself then we'll appreciate it very much but if yuh want us to throw the towel in before even trying then your efforts are not appreciated. Please don't try to discourage anyone else from attempting to get the interview if you not up to it.

This interview will only take 5 minutes but requires someone with balls enough to ask the questions and who can demand straight honest answers.

Question no.1 is the most important one and requires either a simple “Yes” or “No” answer from Latas and leads onto the other ones. Once Latas answers question no. 1 honestly then there is no point in him trying to be evasive in answering the others.

And answering question no.1 will not jeopardise Latas position as head coach. Most of us already know the answer to question no.1, we would simply like to hear it from the horse’s mouth so we can fully understand his past and future team selections that’s all!

Regards
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:31:19 AM by Socapro »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 08:39:25 AM »

Cosign

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 08:40:08 AM »

If yuh in T&T and volunteering to corner Latas and ask him the questions yuhself then we'll appreciate it very much but if yuh want us to throw the towel in before even trying then your efforts are not appreciated. Please don't try to discourage anyone else from attempting to get the interview if you not up to it.

This interview will only take 5 minutes but requires someone with balls enough to ask the questions and who can demand straight honest answers.

Question no.1 is the most important one and requires either a simple “Yes” or “No” answer from Latas and leads onto the other ones. Once Latas answers question no. 1 honestly then there is no point in him trying to be evasive in answering the others.

And answering question no.1 will not jeopardise Latas position as head coach. Most of us already know the answer to question no.1, we would simply like to hear it from the horse’s mouth so we can understand his team selections that’s all!

Regards
Pro, as ah told SM before that the campaign was over after the 4th game and jack threw in the towell, that came from meh breddren who has ah close close close family member who works in the heat of the TTFF.

now i will tell you from my inside sources, latas and yorke is very ambitious fellas and wants too take TNT football places, but they playing stoop tuh conquer, off course jack runnin the show, but he left latas and dem in charge while he does his ting.

he told me that jack does hardly come around in person , but still runnin the show from afar, as we dun know and iz no secret to the board.

he said jack also lookin tuh cut certain fellas from the payroll and shape up the TTFF BC of the slack way the federation is being run.

look's like latas will get ah bliegh since LP and dem check for him and wants him to stay on.

bottom line, latas down wid jack hook line and sinker, and eh doing nothing tuh rock the boat, BC he wants tuh remain on tuh help the team move forward.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 08:52:34 AM »

And answering question no.1 will not jeopardise Latas position as head coach. Most of us already know the answer to question no.1, we would simply like to hear it from the horse’s mouth so we can understand his team selections that’s all!

Regards
Pro, as ah told SM before that the campaign was over after the 4th game and jack threw in the towell, that came from meh breddren who has ah close close close family member who works in the heat of the TTFF.

now i will tell you from my inside sources, latas and yorke is very ambitious fellas and wants too take TNT football places, but they playing stoop tuh conquer, off course jack runnin the show, but he left latas and dem in charge while he does his ting.

he told me that jack does hardly come around in person , but still runnin the show from afar, as we dun know and iz no secret to the board.

he said jack also lookin tuh cut certain fellas from the payroll and shape up the TTFF BC of the slack way the federation is being run.

look's like latas will get ah bliegh since LP and dem check for him and wants him to stay on.

bottom line, latas down wid jack hook line and sinker, and eh doing nothing tuh rock the boat, BC he wants tuh remain on tuh help the team move forward.

So are you saying Latas will not answer them 3 simple questions if interviewed as he doh want to rock the boat?

At least I hope one of us on the forum who live in T&T will at least try to get the interview!

And I can't see how Latas answering 3 simple questions honestly will jeopardise his position as head coach if he's in with them fellas and willing to play stoop to conquer or bring about some positive changes.

Regardless I hope someone at least attempts to do the interview.

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 08:19:50 PM »

Regards

So are you saying Latas will not answer them 3 simple questions if interviewed as he doh want to rock the boat?

At least I hope one of us on the forum who live in T&T will at least try to get the interview!

And I can't see how Latas answering 3 simple questions honestly will jeopardise his position as head coach if he's in with them fellas and willing to play stoop to conquer or bring about some positive changes.

Give it up man  :thumbsdown:
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »

Regards

Doh worry I have! I may soon give up supporting the bullshit called T&T football as well!!
One set ah so called fans that doh care enough to even do a 5 minute interview!  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:25:54 PM by Socapro »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »
you ya self know that if only Latas give an answer to any of those questions and AJW ent like the answer, that AJW will fire his ass one time................Dont you know that is Jacks history or what..........AJW has a MAJOR problem with people who show any threat........real or imagined..............he is very immature in dealing with TnT footballers.............Those who work for him HAVE to be YES MEN
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 08:42:25 PM »
you ya self know that if only Latas give an answer to any of those questions and AJW ent like the answer, that AJW will fire his ass one time................Dont you know that is Jacks history or what..........AJW has a MAJOR problem with people who show any threat........real or imagined..............he is very immature in dealing with TnT footballers.............Those who work for him HAVE to be YES MEN

So you are saying that if one of us ask Latas question 1)
Are you allowed to call-up any player you feel can add something to the senior squad or does Jack have the ultimate say?
and Latas answers it honestly he is out of a job?

Come on man, yuh not falling for that are you?

At any rate Latas could say "Yes" if he is worried about losing his job for admitting the truth!

All I was asking was for someone to volunteer to do the 5 minutes interview, that's all but I think I will throw in the towel on that one and stop caring so much!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:47:16 PM by Socapro »

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 08:45:08 PM »

Regards

Doh worry I have! I may soon give up supporting the bullshit called T&T football as well!!
One set ah so called fans that doh care enough to even do a 5 minute interview!  :thumbsdown:

I meant that in a good way breds .. Most Trinis ain't passionate enough bout their football   :(
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
is just that I find that AJW, to me at least, is VERY unpredictable in dealing with players and employees of the TTFF. jmho
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>