March 28, 2024, 06:30:11 PM

Author Topic: Under-20s play Australia youths today  (Read 4330 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Under-20s play Australia youths today
« on: September 16, 2009, 09:23:36 PM »
Trinidad Express reports.

Trinidad and Tobago's national Under-20 footballers will try to make the most of the opportunity to test their readiness for the upcoming FIFA Under-20 World Championship when they square off with Australia's Under-20 team in a training match at the Ayia Napa ground from 5 p.m. (10 a.m. TT time) today.

The game will provide both teams with the chance to tune up for their upcoming games in Egypt with T&T taking on the hosts on September 24 in Alexandria and the young "Socceroos" taking on Czech Republic three days later. The boys from down under are also grouped with Costa Rica and Brazil.

For today's game, Australia's coach Jan Versleijen will choose his starting team from his final World Cup 21-man squad which  includes three players with senior national team experience in Adelaide United defender Daniel Mullen, AZ Alkmaar midfielder James Holland and Brisbane Roar forward Mitch Nichols.

The squad also features 15 home-based players and six from overseas clubs, including Liverpool reserve team goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis.

Sydney FC defender Sam Munro, defender Ryan McGowan of Scottish club Hearts, Aston Villa defender Chris Herd and Bolton Wanderers forward Aaron Mooy are also in the Aussies' squad.

"The game will be a good test for us because any team who has qualified for the World Cup like we have, will be coming with their best team and trying their best to get ready for the tournament at this stage of the preparations," T&T head coach Zoran Vranes told TTFF Media yesterday after an evening training session in Ayia Napa.

"Of course we expect the game to be a tough one because Australia will be a strong team but this is the type of game we want right now to see exactly where we are in terms of our preparations. The guys in our team will also be ready for the game because right now they are very anxious to play games. They are really looking forward to Egypt and they all want the opportunity to step on to that playing field," he said.

Versleijen added : "We have experienced a variety of opposition in different conditions and locations which has helped in the development of the players. Our recent tours to Europe and South America have also given us valuable experience against the similar type of opposition that we will face at the World Cup."

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Under-20s play Australia youths today
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 06:52:15 AM »
be care t&t.

dem young aussie like to fight.

well the girl dem anyway.

we have any chinee on the side?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:10:48 AM »
Any news on dis match?  Shoulda done by now.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 11:33:46 AM »

We won 10 nil! Sancho was the referee and disallowed 20 Austrailian goals!!  ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 11:42:37 AM »

We won 10 nil! Sancho was the referee and disallowed 20 Austrailian goals!!  ;D

Steups.... :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »
The game kick off 10 am TnT time... it long done

meh co-worker from Cyprus.. but de man out today... ah woulda see if he coulda find out.. i doubt but yuh never know
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 01:22:09 PM »
Trinidad Express reports.

For today's game, Australia's coach Jan Versleijen will choose his starting team from his final World Cup 21-man squad which  includes three players with senior national team experience in Adelaide United defender Daniel Mullen, AZ Alkmaar midfielder James Holland and Brisbane Roar forward Mitch Nichols.

The squad also features 15 home-based players and six from overseas clubs, including Liverpool reserve team goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis.

Sydney FC defender Sam Munro, defender Ryan McGowan of Scottish club Hearts, Aston Villa defender Chris Herd and Bolton Wanderers forward Aaron Mooy are also in the Aussies' squad.

Allyuh check that.  Wonder what kinda youth development programs they have in place.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »
Game done............we lose 2-1........source, shaun fuentes.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »
Game done............we lose 2-1.

Much appreciated
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 01:25:07 PM »
Game done............we lose 2-1........source, shaun fuentes.

thanks

live and learn

USA next

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 01:55:07 PM »
not a bad score...hope we had a creditable performance.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 02:05:58 PM »
That has got to be a good result. 8)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 02:25:47 PM »

we standards real high boy

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 02:38:41 PM »

I was just thinking the same thing lol

Based on the scoreline it seems we were competitive, and could hold our own....but i waiting on Fuentes' match report for a more comprehensive description of the match.

Other than that, i hope the boys watch the tape, learn from their mistakes and keep improving
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »

u 4get we iz d land of d limbo.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 02:47:22 PM »
Hard luck Young Warriors... All yuh kept the scoreline respectable tho.  Dust all yuh self off and leh we dish out some payback against the US. Go Young Warriors!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 02:53:05 PM »

u 4get we iz d land of d limbo.

LOL yuh does be real witty   :D :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »

Based on the scoreline it seems we were competitive, and could hold our own....but i waiting on Fuentes' match report for a more comprehensive description of the match.

Other than that, i hope the boys watch the tape, learn from their mistakes and keep improving

Nah man fellas, that is a very good score. Australia have some very good youth Academies.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »

Nah man fellas, that is a very good score. Australia have some very good youth Academies.

Me eh know wha people expeckin nah.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

Me eh know wha people expeckin nah.

God alone knows.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »
Not bad for a team with only three pros and a bunch of school boys.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 06:49:54 PM »
all in all, I personally don't think it was that bad of a result ... but a loss is a loss.
An earlier post (think it was Flex's masterpiece) gave Vranes' track record with the team and the win-loss ratio, as well as GF-GA ratio was shameful.

seems like some of the complecancy spill over from the Senior Team to the U-20s.

Fellas was taking win in seeing TT seniors lose, but playing better ball under Latapy.
Now we taking win in that we didn't get more than 2 from the Aussies.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 08:15:20 AM »
Young Socceroos Begin U-20 World Cup Preparations With Win Over T&T
It's a good start for Jan Versleijen's men in Cyprus.
The  Young Socceroos kicked off their preparations for the U-20 World Cup in Egypt with a hard-fought 2-1 win over a physical Trinidad and Tobago in Cyprus last night.

Aaron Mooy was involved in both goals at the Agia Napa Municipality Stadium, scoring the second himself after whipping in a corner for the first, which found that back of the net via a Trinidad and Tobago player.

They took just six minutes to get off the mark, although they were aided when Tobagan defender Jamal Gay sliced his clearance from Mooy’s corner, which goal keeper Glenroy Samuel subsequently failed to deal with and the ball ended up in his net.

The second came in first half stoppage time when winger Thomas Oar won a free kick on the edge of the area. Aware that Samuel was anticipating a cross and standing off his line ever so slightly, Mooy curled a clever free kick just inside the near post to make it 2-0.

Mooy was a persistent danger from set pieces while James Holland hit the post and Jason Hoffman had a goal ruled offside late in the game.

Coach Jan Versleijen took the unusual step of making just one substitution, taking precaution with right back Daniel Mullen who came off with hamstring tightness.

On the other hand, Trinidad and Tobago made nine second half changes and the fresh legs put the Australians under pressure in every sense, racking up five bookings by the end of the match.

Substitute Juma Clarence made the most of a clever cross and left keeper Andrew Redmayne with no chance in the 82nd minute to score a consolation.

But the Young Socceroos dug deep to hold out and Versleijen believes his strategy of giving as many players as possible a full match will help them acclimatise to the stifling conditions expected in Egypt.

“Normally I would make changes also but because we’re playing three games I’ve decided to give each player a full 90 minutes, unless there is an injury of course,’’ Versleijen said.

“It’s a kind of overload, instead of training you play 90 minutes and the boys are very tired but that’s not a problem, it’s part of the preparation and we have enough time to reach the desired physical level.’’

Versleijen was pleased to start the tour with a win, although he knows plenty of improvement is required before the Qantas Young Socceroos kick off their FIFA U-20 World Cup campaign against Czech Republic on 27 September.

“Their keeper made a few mistakes, but it’s always good to win, doesn’t matter how,’’ he said.

“At this stage of the camp I’m not happy with where they’re at physically, but I knew when they were coming that some would struggle because they weren’t getting many playing minutes with their clubs.

“But we have time to bring those players up to the required level, both physically and tactically.

“The biggest positive was that everybody pretty much got through the 90 minutes and we got a chance to see what things we need to improve on.

“The first half in patches we did well but we didn’t take advantage of our extra player in the midfield and sometimes we panicked in the attacking third and rushed things.

“In the second half we dropped too deep and if you do that you’re asking for trouble. Also, we need to strike a better balance at times like when we want to keep the ball or make a fast counter attack.

“Some of our players had some problems physically because some still have jetlag and that woke us up a little.

“I was also a bit disappointed we didn’t match Trinidad and Tobago when they applied physical pressure on us.

"But we can learn from all of these things.’’

The Young Socceroos are likely to field almost an entirely different line up when they tackle England on 19 September, after Versleijen revealed  that he wants to give every player at least 90 minutes to prove themselves prior to the tournament.

Their third and final friendly is against the USA a day later, before the squad departs for Egypt.

“At this stage it’s not important who we play, it’s how we perform,’’ Versleijen said.

“But the USA are more experienced and  better organized, it will be a more difficult game and I expect the England game to be an even higher level, so they’ll both be more challenging’’
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 08:24:07 AM »
all in all, I personally don't think it was that bad of a result ... but a loss is a loss.
An earlier post (think it was Flex's masterpiece) gave Vranes' track record with the team and the win-loss ratio, as well as GF-GA ratio was shameful.

seems like some of the complecancy spill over from the Senior Team to the U-20s.

Fellas was taking win in seeing TT seniors lose, but playing better ball under Latapy.
Now we taking win in that we didn't get more than 2 from the Aussies.

Exactly, that's all I sayin....I certainly wasn't expecting for us to go there and beat down Australia, and 2-1 is a respectable scoreline. That said, I just doh want our approach to be one of just playing not to lose too badly, cuz that mindset really not gonna help us improve and get to where we want to be. We have to aim for better than that.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 08:26:08 AM »
Young Socceroos Begin U-20 World Cup Preparations With Win Over T&T

But the USA are more experienced and  better organized, it will be a more difficult game and I expect the England game to be an even higher level, so they’ll both be more challenging’’

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 08:42:25 AM »
They probably play the reserves in this game though as he expect the next two matches to be more competitive.

We lose to two set pieces. That is theoretically better as it is something we should be able to work on defendiing...(not that we ever have, at any level)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>