April 16, 2024, 08:17:10 AM

Author Topic: Are there private Investors willing to bankroll our football and challenge TTFF?  (Read 4344 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
This is a question that needs to be asked, are there private investors and or conglomerates willing to step in and bankroll our football program.

Are there any challengers currently to take over from the current TTFF administration?

JW is spending money and making money on our football, he has all the right connections in fifa and worldwide to get the job done.

Who in our tt business community, sporting community has step forward to rise to the challenge and challenge JW and the current ttff? So far i've seen no challengers to the current admin, no one has come forward and said to the papers or anyone that they are willing to put their money, where their mouth is and support our football or run the organization and get private investors to replace jw and the ttff admin.

Its funny bc other sporting organizations in tt have challengers and people who are fighting to take the reins, unlike our football, nothing is challeneged and volunteers are few and far between.

So it leaves me to ask, does the ttff and jw have a challenger? Which private entity is willing to step up if there is any... that question needs to be answered first and foremost before you suggest jw and the ttff is removed bc they need to be challenged first...

which team of investors or sporting minds want to run ttff and have the plan to do it, with the investors?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:30:41 AM by Controversial »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Can't see anyone wanting to put serious Finance into T&T ball while Jack still at the helm. Unless they happy to see money just.....disappear  ::)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is a question that needs to be asked, are there private investors and or conglomerates willing to step in and bankroll our football program.

Are there any challengers currently to take over from the current TTFF administration?

JW is spending money and making money on our football, he has all the right connections in fifa and worldwide to get the job done.

Who in our tt business community, sporting community has step forward to rise to the challenge and challenge JW and the current ttff? So far i've seen no challengers to the current admin, no one has come forward and said to the papers or anyone that they are willing to put their money, where their mouth is and support our football or run the organization and get private investors to replace jw and the ttff admin.

Its funny bc other sporting organizations in tt have challengers and people who are fighting to take the reins, unlike our football, nothing is challeneged and volunteers are few and far between.

So it leaves me to ask, does the ttff and jw have a challenger? Which private entity is willing to step up if there is any... that question needs to be answered first and foremost before you suggest jw and the ttff is removed bc they need to be challenged first...

which team of investors or sporting minds want to run ttff and have the plan to do it, with the investors?

Like posting the question in another thread is not enough...
I am sure you are on here long enough to know that the TTFF is not like any other sporting organisation in the T&T.  All other sporting bodies come under the auspices of the Ministry of Sport.  The TTFF does not.  For want of a better term...it is a privately run organisation owned by Mr Warner and Mr Camps.  The gov't does help out in the national interest.  That is why things are run the way they are.  Of late the MoS does also get a bad rep from the public if they even refuse to help out TTFF in the interest of the footballers and the populace at large, even if there requirements for accountability go unheeded.

I make reference to if you have a business selling Dell computers, and some people want HP laptops to buy, but you not carrying that brand, then do they have the right to wait for your next board meeting and remove you from being the owner or administrator ?  Whether they have money or expertise to pump into the business is irrelevant.  Unless YOU willing to let them have their way then that is something different.  But as you can see, in this case we only have Dell PCs available...no HP...so ticket or leave it.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

I am sure you are on here long enough to know that the TTFF is not like any other sporting organisation in the T&T.  All other sporting bodies come under the auspices of the Ministry of Sport.  The TTFF does not.  For want of a better term...it is a privately run organisation owned by Mr Warner and Mr Camps.  The gov't does help out in the national interest.  That is why things are run the way they are.  Of late the MoS does also get a bad rep from the public if they even refuse to help out TTFF in the interest of the footballers and the populace at large, even if there requirements for accountability go unheeded.

I make reference to if you have a business selling Dell computers, and some people want HP laptops to buy, but you not carrying that brand, then do they have the right to wait for your next board meeting and remove you from being the owner or administrator ?  Whether they have money or expertise to pump into the business is irrelevant.  Unless YOU willing to let them have their way then that is something different.  But as you can see, in this case we only have Dell PCs available...no HP...so ticket or leave it.

Do football associations in any other countries fall under the auspices of their governments?

The man ask a brilliant question, i waiting to hear the responses for my personal edification..

how could you want change without viable alternatives?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:56:49 AM by dinho »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

:applause: :applause: :applause:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Exactly, Warner says time and again that he only remains involved in the local game because nobody else interested in commiting like him and we would be lost without his efforts. But come on! He may call himself "Special Advisor",  but we all know the TTFF is really his property. He treatens it now and again but hasn't actually shown any concrete signs that he intends to leave the organisation. He dosen't look like he has any intention of stepping into the background either. Who do we hear from more often Camp's or Warner? Anyone wanting to put serious money into football (at any level in any country) would want a say in how it is spent and i simply cannot see Warner allowing his influence to be marginalised to any degree. Warner want's cash but on his terms. Who has got the guts and staying power to attempt to sever the TTFF's ties to Jack and then restructure the organisation. I know there are people who want to put money into local football and have grand ideas on how it should be administered but none have a realistic strategy on how to remove Warner and his henchmen to achieve their goals, and that unfortunately is the first step.

That is the main issue 'How do you get Jack Warner to stop getting involved in T&T football and remove his influence on the national association?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Do football associations in any other countries fall under the auspices of their governments?

The man ask a brilliant question, i waiting to hear the responses for my personal edification..

I think you need to go back and read what Pardners wrote... if you'd read it properly the first time you'd have seen that he answered the very first question you asked, by inference.  Because the TTFF (like football associations elsewhere in the world) does not fall under the auspicies of the government there is nothing that can be done from the outside to change what's happening with the TTFF.  Any change must come from within the TTFF or from FIFA... not even CONCACAF can step in.

----------

As for this thread... it's very naive, I would even go so far as to say unintelligent.  The TTFF is a private entity, no amount of willing investors could step in and just take it over unless the interested parties within the TTFF acquiesce to such a takeover.  We can't even use the corporate analogue of hostile takeovers, because unlike the laissez-faire capitalist attitude regulating business and finance, FIFA has the ultimate and final say where it concerns these football associations.  These local associations operate by leave of FIFA alone, so some rogue organization could come and try and take over a local association all they like... even if successful they won't be able to play in any FIFA-sanctioned activity, and any FIFA-affiliated entity (some other country's FA) that dares associate with this rogue organization would be summarily penalized.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
But isn't there some sort of election process that see scamps always win? What is the nomination process for said election? Who votes? Change the leadership, then challenge the adviser from within!
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The discussion is really two-fold.  There is administration, and there is funding.  Administration is about the vision... Funding is what turns the vision into reality.  The questions then are:

What is the vision of the TTTF? And is it sufficient for the level of success we want to achieve?...and:

Which organizations & individuals (other than Jack) are the current major providers of funding to the TTFF and what are the current (and traditional) major TTFF fund raising efforts?

As far as administration is concerned, it's up to the TTFF as a governing body to draft initiatives based on their vision and seek necessary funding & sponsorship.  The TTFF is a federation, i.e. a political body set up with the vision to administer football locally...not necessarily to "bankroll" TT football independently

As far as funding, The TTFF's major sources of funding would most likely come from revenue generated (to the extent the TTFF is a stakeholder in revenue generating events), corporate sponsorship and donations...Donations are usually pro bono, and sponsorship is marketing driven.  So the question is not whether or not there are investors willing to take over the TTFF and bankroll our football...but whether or not our TTFF is targeting corporate sponsorship effectively, whether or not our football can be positioned to such potential corporate sponsors as viable marketing and whether or not there are any untapped sources of donor funds....

Currently it seems like there is a lack of corporate sponsorship, and that the significant donor is Jack Warner.  It also seems like with Jack, there is not nearly enough separation as far as administration and funding is concerned.  Calling for investors to take over and run the TTFF is just calling for more of the same.  We need administrators with the vision and passion/desire for T&T football success, and the appropriate ethical responsibilities to run the TTFF from a governing/administrative standpoint, and donors/sponsors with aligned interests and the deep pockets to fund their vision...and ideally they should be separate entities working harmoniously through some democratic method of consensus. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:27:56 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
1) Nobody putting any funding into the TTFF in its current state.

2) Nobody who not wanted in the TTFF getting into the TTFF based on the current administration.

3) No parallel or competing federation can be formed because for it to have any impact....it needs to be recognized by FIFA. The special advisor tentacles reach so deep all over the world....so yuh know dat eh happening. According to Sepp.....if anyone doh like how FIFA does run tings.....den dey could go somewhere else and play.

So.....private investors being willing to take over eh likely to have any effect.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I suppose this link here says it all but I know men here doh really take on the writer.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=46156.0
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The ttff supposed to represent football in tnt ... who plays football in tnt (players & clubs) ... if there is to be any change the clubs need to make it through the democratic process ... it supposed to be like government (it's the people of the country that puts in or takes out the government) ... but what happens in most football places, is a boys club of sorts ... if someone tries to challenge for the post of treasurer for example, the others see to it that the challenger is not successful ... just my 2 cents ... apologies for any assumptions ... i just know firsthand about a similar situation in another country ... run without government say or intervention.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

no offense to you breds but your way off topic, where did I say the govt needs to intervene? You are stating the obvious, everyone knows the ttff has to be run privately and not by the govt or else i wouldnt ask the question, where are the private investors?

despite the fact that the other sporting bodies are under the govts watchful eye it doesnt negate the fact that no conglomerate has stepped forward from the PRIVATE SECTOR to say, we can do a better job and can run tt football better than the current admin, who for all intensive purposes is controlled by jack warner.

so people can talk all they want, but no one is coming forward to take over from jw, there is no challenge, no alternative from the private sector. So what the hell man clapping and talking about bc my thread i no way assumes that the ttff is under the govt watcheye like other sporting bodies.

What you fail to realize is that with any business there is competition and we are not selling computers, this is the country's national team, it is not far fetch to form another organization where the govt will approve it over the next, especially with the consent of the player's union and private investment.

Up to now, no one has answered my question, where is the alternative? who will step up?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The discussion is really two-fold.  There is administration, and there is funding.  Administration is about the vision... Funding is what turns the vision into reality.  The questions then are:

What is the vision of the TTTF? And is it sufficient for the level of success we want to achieve?...and:

Which organizations & individuals (other than Jack) are the current major providers of funding to the TTFF and what are the current (and traditional) major TTFF fund raising efforts?

As far as administration is concerned, it's up to the TTFF as a governing body to draft initiatives based on their vision and seek necessary funding & sponsorship.  The TTFF is a federation, i.e. a political body set up with the vision to administer football locally...not necessarily to "bankroll" TT football independently

As far as funding, The TTFF's major sources of funding would most likely come from revenue generated (to the extent the TTFF is a stakeholder in revenue generating events), corporate sponsorship and donations...Donations are usually pro bono, and sponsorship is marketing driven.  So the question is not whether or not there are investors willing to take over the TTFF and bankroll our football...but whether or not our TTFF is targeting corporate sponsorship effectively, whether or not our football can be positioned to such potential corporate sponsors as viable marketing and whether or not there are any untapped sources of donor funds....

Currently it seems like there is a lack of corporate sponsorship, and that the significant donor is Jack Warner.  It also seems like with Jack, there is not nearly enough separation as far as administration and funding is concerned.  Calling for investors to take over and run the TTFF is just calling for more of the same.  We need administrators with the vision and passion/desire for T&T football success, and the appropriate ethical responsibilities to run the TTFF from a governing/administrative standpoint, and donors/sponsors with aligned interests and the deep pockets to fund their vision...and ideally they should be separate entities working harmoniously through some democratic method of consensus. 

yes it is about bankrolling the football bc thats why jw has the power he has. if he didnt have the money or influence he wouldnt be in the position he is in.

having a private entity step into the picture can create problems yes but can also offer an alternative, the federation would need to be recognized by fifa of course, which would create a stir. But it is possible, very possible, with the players union, the public and private support, along with the necessary govt suppport of the alternative, ttff could cease to exist, however the question i asked is whether there is any private entity willing to take this risk, willing to challenge the current admin to take control of our football, who has a structure in place and the necessary funding to run a viable federation.

alot of people on here seem to be happy with no challengers or no alternatives, maybe bc they never thought of there being any hope nor asked the questions need to be asked.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

I think you need to go back and read what Pardners wrote... if you'd read it properly the first time you'd have seen that he answered the very first question you asked, by inference.  Because the TTFF (like football associations elsewhere in the world) does not fall under the auspicies of the government there is nothing that can be done from the outside to change what's happening with the TTFF.  Any change must come from within the TTFF or from FIFA... not even CONCACAF can step in.

----------

As for this thread... it's very naive, I would even go so far as to say unintelligent.  The TTFF is a private entity, no amount of willing investors could step in and just take it over unless the interested parties within the TTFF acquiesce to such a takeover.  We can't even use the corporate analogue of hostile takeovers, because unlike the laissez-faire capitalist attitude regulating business and finance, FIFA has the ultimate and final say where it concerns these football associations.  These local associations operate by leave of FIFA alone, so some rogue organization could come and try and take over a local association all they like... even if successful they won't be able to play in any FIFA-sanctioned activity, and any FIFA-affiliated entity (some other country's FA) that dares associate with this rogue organization would be summarily penalized.

the word challenge doesnt register with some people, your assumptions are rediculous, where did I write the private entity will launch a hostile corporate type takeover of the ttff? nowhere, you need to re-read and stop assuming the thread is unintelligent bc you have a personal bias against me.

If a seperate entity comes on the scene and offers an alternative with the backing of the players union, the govt, the private sector and the public, fifa has no choice but to listen, its called a democracy, breaking into the ranks of the ttff is not impossible but far from anyone's reach bc it has been designed that way in order to maintain the ole boys club, however as in every democracy there is a way, especially if the govt and the people support it, not to mention the players and their union.

The question remains once again which no one has yet the answer, which private entity is stepping forward or is willing to step forward?

As far as i am concerned, everyone has a price, even the ttff, if thats not the case, a seperate entity will step forward and present an alternative, no one has, no challenge has been issued, so why assume something will fail before it has ever happened.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

the word challenge doesnt register with some people, your assumptions are rediculous, where did I write the private entity will launch a hostile corporate type takeover of the ttff? nowhere, you need to re-read and stop assuming the thread is unintelligent bc you have a personal bias against me.

If a seperate entity comes on the scene and offers an alternative with the backing of the players union, the govt, the private sector and the public, fifa has no choice but to listen, its called a democracy, breaking into the ranks of the ttff is not impossible but far from anyone's reach bc it has been designed that way in order to maintain the ole boys club, however as in every democracy there is a way, especially if the govt and the people support it, not to mention the players and their union.

The question remains once again which no one has yet the answer, which private entity is stepping forward or is willing to step forward?

As far as i am concerned, everyone has a price, even the ttff, if thats not the case, a seperate entity will step forward and present an alternative, no one has, no challenge has been issued, so why assume something will fail before it has ever happened.

Still no one has answered the question? 

What answer are you looking for? 

You want someone to name a specific entity that is planning to rival the TTFF when there is clearly no such thing?  You want people to make things up...or are you just looking for a two word answer i.e. "no one"...or three words "I don't know"...

If you believe this reform is necessary, go ahead and articulate it- let's hear how it's supposed to play out...in specifics- who should this entity be and why? what skills do they possess? what should their vision be? what are their goals and the timing of such? what are the initiatives? how are they going to differentiate themselves? where is the funding coming from? and in what quantity? how are they going to lobby their interest? etc......not the empty rhetoric of democracy and competition and ideals and hopes and dreams...

Why are you asking a question that you know no one has the answer to, and then acting like you're on some higher visionary plain when the truth is you're posts aren't really saying anything with regards to your own question?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Still no one has answered the question? 

What answer are you looking for? 

You want someone to name a specific entity that is planning to rival the TTFF when there is clearly no such thing?  You want people to make things up...or are you just looking for a two word answer i.e. "no one"...or three words "I don't know"...

If you believe this reform is necessary, go ahead and articulate it- let's hear how it's supposed to play out...in specifics- who should this entity be and why? what skills do they possess? what should their vision be? what are their goals and the timing of such? what are the initiatives? how are they going to differentiate themselves? where is the funding coming from? and in what quantity? how are they going to lobby their interest? etc......not the empty rhetoric of democracy and competition and ideals and hopes and dreams...

Why are you asking a question that you know no one has the answer to, and then acting like you're on some higher visionary plain when the truth is you're posts aren't really saying anything with regards to your own question?

i could easily articulate everything that is asked for but no one is stepping forward, i asked the question bc certain individuals complain and speak of a coup and other radical ideas which seem to have no weight, i never said im on a higher level i was trying to prove to people that the delusionary world they exist in is not the world of football in reality.

You are talking about me but you are one of the people who complain constantly and branded jw jackula and have luanced many verbal assaults on jw and the ttff but yet you self have no answer or no alternative to our current situation. Everyone knows what is required all of a sudden, they know how it should be run and what should be done and what not is to be done but they never say who will do it?

Everyone on this board seems to have the answers and knows but no one knows who will do it, so i decided to ask, who will challenge, im asking bc it seems everyone else knows already but no action is happening.

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
I don't think you are reading other people's post, there cannot be any alternative to the TTFF because FIFA is set up so they don't have to allow one. This football business is not a democracy, it does not matter what alternative there is in place of the TTFF bacause FIFA will never let something like that be recognised. It does not matter if the players union, the govt, the private sector and the public get together and agree on an alternative FIFA does not have to do a thing.

I think you are one of those people who think of the national team as really a team representing Trinidad and Tobago, it is not, it is a team representing the TTFF. No different to if KFC having a small goal side and playing against the small goal side of Jamaica KFC, only the board of KFC makes the rules.

If a serious local challenge is mounted to the TTFF and the players and clubs stop recognising them then Concacaf/FIFA will stop recognising T&T ball, it's that simple.Either play by their rules or don't play at all.

Breaking into the TTFF to even have a vote is impossible without their permission.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
I don't think you are reading other people's post, there cannot be any alternative to the TTFF because FIFA is set up so they don't have to allow one. This football business is not a democracy, it does not matter what alternative there is in place of the TTFF bacause FIFA will never let something like that be recognised. It does not matter if the players union, the govt, the private sector and the public get together and agree on an alternative FIFA does not have to do a thing.

I think you are one of those people who think of the national team as really a team representing Trinidad and Tobago, it is not, it is a team representing the TTFF. No different to if KFC having a small goal side and playing against the small goal side of Jamaica KFC, only the board of KFC makes the rules.

If a serious local challenge is mounted to the TTFF and the players and clubs stop recognising them then Concacaf/FIFA will stop recognising T&T ball, it's that simple.Either play by their rules or don't play at all.

Breaking into the TTFF to even have a vote is impossible without their permission.

but it hasnt been attempted, if it was and it failed i would not be posting at all about this topic. i guess people prefer to choose the easy way out, forget about challenging bc its pointless, if that was the attitude, enslavement would still exist at the level it was in colonial times.

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

but it hasnt been attempted, if it was and it failed i would not be posting at all about this topic. i guess people prefer to choose the easy way out, forget about challenging bc its pointless, if that was the attitude, enslavement would still exist at the level it was in colonial times.

maybe you could post feasible ways that you think this could be attempted, please try to consider the present state of FIFA, Concacaf and the TTFF

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You are talking about me but you are one of the people who complain constantly and branded jw jackula and have luanced many verbal assaults on jw and the ttff but yet you self have no answer or no alternative to our current situation. Everyone knows what is required all of a sudden, they know how it should be run and what should be done and what not is to be done but they never say who will do it?

Ok either you don't know who you're responding to or you just looking for talk because I'm not one those posters you described.  I branded JW Jackula? lol..I launched many verbal assaults on JW? really?  Boss when I criticize our football, apart from the isolated cynical remark about our administration, I stick close to what I see on the field Yuh hardly will hear me getting in any deep conversations about what happens off the field, because in all honesty I know very little about that kinda thing....anyway...I'm willing to hear your vision, but I eh continuing with the back and forth because that piece o' sh*t yuh type there leads me to think that you on a kinda scene I eh able with...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What you fail to realize is that with any business there is competition and we are not selling computers, this is the country's national team, it is not far fetch to form another organization where the govt will approve it over the next, especially with the consent of the player's union and private investment.

Is there competition in a monopoly?  I assume you know the meaning of that word and how it applies here... but then again maybe you're right, I assume too much.

By the way, this is the TTFF's national team... it doesn't belong to the country, it represents the country.  There is a difference.

I thought I clearly wrote the word analogue somewhere in there... is that what threw you off?

"Personal bias"?? Methinks the lady doth protest too much .

:rotfl: :rotfl:

It's not a democracy dude... some other entity free to set up an alternative oversight structure in TnT if they want.  If they want to play in FIFA sanctioned events, they have to go thru the TTFF.  Plain and simple.  FIFA has a monopoly on FIFA-sanctioned events.  FIFA has delegated the authority to oversee FIFA-sanctioned events to regional (federations) and local (Associations) bodies.  The TTFF is that local body.  You think some "alternative" group could come and stage it's own hex outside of CONCACAF and send teams to FIFA's world cup?  

People answer your question long time... you just ent see the answer YOU looking for.  Man give yuh forest and yet yuh still looking fuh trees.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Is there competition in a monopoly?  I assume you know the meaning of that word and how it applies here... but then again maybe you're right, I assume too much.

By the way, this is the TTFF's national team... it doesn't belong to the country, it represents the country.  There is a difference.

I thought I clearly wrote the word analogue somewhere in there... is that what threw you off?

"Personal bias"?? Methinks the lady doth protest too much .

:rotfl: :rotfl:

It's not a democracy dude... some other entity free to set up an alternative oversight structure in TnT if they want.  If they want to play in FIFA sanctioned events, they have to go thru the TTFF.  Plain and simple.  FIFA has a monopoly on FIFA-sanctioned events.  FIFA has delegated the authority to oversee FIFA-sanctioned events to regional (federations) and local (Associations) bodies.  The TTFF is that local body.  You think some "alternative" group could come and stage it's own hex outside of CONCACAF and send teams to FIFA's world cup?  

People answer your question long time... you just ent see the answer YOU looking for.  Man give yuh forest and yet yuh still looking fuh trees.

not so, i already got my answer by the last 3 posts, there is no immediate alternative, which is what i suspected, immediate being an entity that is knocking down the door to offer an alternative in our current sitaution.

I never suggested staging our own hex nor did i suggest going through ttff, if the ttff have no players, their board is non functional, if the ttff tries to hold football for ranson, more serious measures can be taken through legal proceedings by the players union and any private entities who support the union. However, i cannot see this happening because locally, people really dont care as some of us on the board.

I couldnt even imagine a private financier stepping up and funding the current ttff just to see our football climb to new heights, without having any controlling interest in their investment.

I was simply a question and also a sugeestion, not to mention a method of pointing out to people, a coup, a boycott will not remedy this sitauation.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What make this coup or challenge more difficult is that Jack is now a FIFA VP. They will back him even if they don't like him. The ends justify the means.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
precedent has already been set in a case - not quite similar - but one where an outsider challenges the incumbent.

See the Concacaf elections where I believe it was a member from St. Kitts (??) who challenged for a Concacaf post, and was forthwithly banished from football.

I think there are several threads at the moment clammering for change, but all those in the opposition to the current administration are lacking sound ideas, detailed plans, names and faces.

Blindly considering the question of the thread, my main question would be who in the local private sector has the funds available and is willing to use it to purchase the franchise from JW ?

Besides the physical assets of the TTFF, the buyer would have to compensate them for goodwill and any intrinsic value built into the brand. They would then have to purchase the rights to use terms such as the trademarked Soca WarriorsTM, captain's armband, and a slew of different unforseen expenses.

Secondly, the change in ownership would most likely come an increase in wages for the employees - and in this case, the most valuable ones, ie, the players on The Senior Team. Wages, Travel, Per Diem, Insurance. If the new administration plans on clearing house and starting fresh - they would need to hire experienced, or at least capable hands, and that will come at a premium.

Thirdly, rental of local facilities ... or as many have previously suggested - construction of the TTFFs own facility, eg. Wembley in England.

These are just some of the obstacles that they will face - and we're not even talking about profit and revenue streams to offset the costs. You might think that part is easy ... but what happens when our product is poor on the field and we can't attract a sellout stadium?
Or when you can't even market replicas etc, because fans attending the games are of the mindset that it's nicer to rock a Man U, Arsenal or Liverpool jersey to the game instead of purchasing a TT shirt.

... so - who has a plan again?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are there private Investors willing to bankroll our football and challenge T
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »

not so, i already got my answer by the last 3 posts, there is no immediate alternative, which is what i suspected, immediate being an entity that is knocking down the door to offer an alternative in our current sitaution.

I never suggested staging our own hex nor did i suggest going through ttff, if the ttff have no players, their board is non functional, if the ttff tries to hold football for ranson, more serious measures can be taken through legal proceedings by the players union and any private entities who support the union. However, i cannot see this happening because locally, people really dont care as some of us on the board.

"legal proceedings" alleging what?  I have tried several different analogies so that you would realize the futility of what you're asking, but apparently analogies aren't your strong suit.  I asked the question about the hex not to suggest that THAT is what you were suggesting, but to get you to think about that scenario.  What do YOU think would happen under that scenario?  Nothing.... no competing body could nominate/choose/select teams to send to  FIFA's world cup, but CONCACAF.  Same way no team could come out of Trinidad and say they representing Trinidad (& Tobago, before some ah allyuh start) in a FIFA-sanctioned event, unless it is a TTFF-sanctioned team.

I couldnt even imagine a private financier stepping up and funding the current ttff just to see our football climb to new heights, without having any controlling interest in their investment.

I was simply a question and also a sugeestion, not to mention a method of pointing out to people, a coup, a boycott will not remedy this sitauation.

No private financier stepping up because it would be an exercise in futility.  Ah know de analogy thing does confuse yuh, but ah go try again.  Suppose de Warrior Nation decide tuh hold ah small goal tournament for WN members from all over de world.  Any team who want to participate must make sure they team members have paid their annual dues and registered with Warrior Nation.  On top of that each team must be affiliated with a Warrior Nation chapter... London, NY... TO... leh we say DC, Miami and California.  Unless the WN club in one of those jurisdictions give you their blessings to represent them in the Warrion Nation Small Goal Cup, you ent playing in no Cup.

Suppose now de New York Reggae Boyz decide  dey go storm de tournament... fack WN New York dey say, Reggae Boyz New York representing New York.  You think dem could force thewarriornation.com to recognize them and allow them to play?  You think if all small goal ballers in NY sign petition supporting them that WN.com have to read any petition?  You think any court could force WN.com to let Reggaeboyz NY play in de tournament?  Last question... you think ah group ah Jamaicans could approach Warrior Nation NY and try and take it over without people in WN NY having any say in the matter, or even still... without thewarriornation.com having any say in the matter?

Maybe that will make sense... maybe dat juss loss yuh even further.  Either way I dunno how many other ways to say nobody eh go waste they time to try and "challenge" TTFF.  Arthur Suite had he football league... and something like that could work where it concerns football INSIDE of TnT... yuh could have rival DOMESTIC bodies, leagues etc.  But once you starting to have INTERNATIONAL ambitions, there is only one body who currently setting up and regulating international competition and that is FIFA.  This is why I asked you about 'monopoly' earlier... I dunno like yuh miss de reference.  Yuh was too busy imagining "personal bias" and what not.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
fifa is like de vatican,it have nobody above them.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
to my limited football knowledge, the biggest sustained private investor challenge to the rule of FIFA is the english premier league. maybe there is another group of private interests out there that could challenge but me eh know it. capo have it right - fifa is de vatican. maybe de private sector or govt will find warner's football successor more pliant - is not likely de successor will have de same clout. but one thing - jack is a "private interest" - and if he finding he have to pull the kind of stuff he does to make a buck, then football eh no easy business. that seem to be de hidden premise of this thread - that de private investors willing to bankroll football is somehow more benevolent and hands-off than jw. like is some stanford spending other people's money yuh looking for? ??? 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
to my limited football knowledge, the biggest sustained private investor challenge to the rule of FIFA is the english premier league.

How is the EPL a challenge to FIFA?  The EPL is a domestic league, they have no involvement with international football.  FIFA doesn't care what happens on the league level, unless it's some league/league activity which they are sponsoring.  FIFA's only involvement is in international competition... competition between nations, or in some cases, clubs from various nations.

Even so... the EPL functions subject to the oversight of the (English) FA, a FIFA entity.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Actually, on occasions, UEFA has challenged FIFA on a numbers issues and have gotten their way. UEFA do have influence because of CL football. Outside of WC CL football is the most watch, followed by the EPL.

1]; } ?>