March 28, 2024, 12:10:31 PM

Author Topic: Trinis in Action (Sept 18-19, 2009)  (Read 10122 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Burnley v Sunderland
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2009, 12:26:50 PM »
The entire EPL boring this year without Ronaldo  :-\

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
The entire EPL boring this year without Ronaldo  :-\

Dunno bout that man Chelsea and Liverpool give the league sum great games this year so far alot of goals scoring... Maybe because i a chealsea fan i enjoying it only thing that will make it better if we had a Trini player on that squad... and if Steve Bruce wasn't a Jack a$$ in my opinion ofc...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 12:52:51 PM »
Concacaf defenders must be some real beasts of burden

Lower center of gravity maybe? But them same Central American defenders does out-jump him, and hustle him off the ball whole game.

musbe was d 2nd touch :rotfl:

:-X  :rotfl:
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 01:36:41 PM »
Sounds like Bruce make a mistake taking off Malbranque - went for the 433 and it backfire.

Now they down a goal, he taking off Campbell for Henderson...

Weird

had the same thought myself tbh

Defence again

Don't know what Bruce is thinking about Kenwyne, but it wouldn't of been improved by the 3rd goal, no real pressure on him, easy 5-10 yard pass and misses the man 2-3 yards and go up and score from it. 

Game should of been done and dusted, amazed the back 4 that turned out, not enough threat from midfield Malbranque was poor as was Richardson, Ferninad will probably (and should) get the same earache for the 1st goal, wouldn't see that on a sunday morning.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis in Action (Sept 18-19, 2009)
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 04:53:13 PM »
Did you'll see the wrist sweet band JL Samuel had on today on both hands? red,black and white.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2009, 06:46:15 PM »
tnt

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2009, 08:50:52 PM »
i hope the critics of birchall's passing r watching the toronto vs la galaxy game  ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:20:10 PM by The_Ice »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 09:36:04 PM »
i hope the critics of birchall's passing r watching the toronto vs la galaxy  ;D
tell dem Ice
http://web.mlsnet.com/scoreboard/
Me Mum got an assist off of Becks goal
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:00:08 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2009, 12:35:14 AM »
 Re: P/I/P: #26 - LA Galaxy vs Toronto FC 09/19/09 7:30 PM PDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got back from the game & I'm watching the replay. Franklin! Birchall! They make me so, so happy tonight.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

real beast out there 2nite playing RM... his long passes were damn accurate!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 06:32:42 AM »
Bruce got rid of one Trini and come Jan 2010 KJ would be out of Sunderland's setup.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 06:37:27 AM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2009, 07:51:45 AM »
Scotty was unlucky not to have scored. What make it worse the offside was caused by pured
 ball watching on the forward who tapped in the rebound.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2009, 08:28:02 AM »
Scotty was unlucky not to have scored. What make it worse the offside was caused by pured
 ball watching on the forward who tapped in the rebound.

Yeah, would have been a nice 1st goal in de prem
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 09:24:35 AM »
Bruce got rid of one Trini and come Jan 2010 KJ would be out of Sunderland's setup.

So wha yuh saying, Bruce doh like Trinis or Caribbean born players in his teams?  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2009, 09:46:15 AM »

So wha yuh saying, Bruce doh like Trinis or Caribbean born players in his teams?  :-\
I think its more of bruce love his young England players Henderson & Cambell...
I really don't see the need to bench KJ already after cambell play one game with hull just wrong...
Not to mention KJ was racking up points on my fantasy team now i gotta sell him steups...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:57:45 AM by Trinidogg »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2009, 05:45:11 PM »
Bruce done show his feelings bout Caribbean players long time ago,ah just hope KJ GO TO A GOOD TEAM WHEN THE TIME COMES.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »

...in my view KJ is not improving as a player. I cant see him staying in the premiership at this rate . He is very ordinary these days and as a foreign player he has to be more than that. He has size and pace but lacks close control and invention ..... I'm afraid if you give it away  so often, especially and you hardly receive it ..you wont figure in the coach's plans.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
Bruce done show his feelings bout Caribbean players long time ago,ah just hope KJ GO TO A GOOD TEAM WHEN THE TIME COMES.

which team would buy KJ ? ... a second division squad maybe ?

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 05:54:56 PM »

Are you out of ur mind ???

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 06:16:46 PM »
Lol. Stay there and feel KJ seeing de Championship Division anytime soon. Men letting their national team frustrations cloud what they seeing in the EPL.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2009, 06:51:03 PM »

Don't be coming down on, deriding speaking exaggerated negatives about our OWN player like that, All a allyuh ride out. you talk rel SHIT there jai john, a good few EPL team will happily buy Kenwyne if the opportunity presented itself. Sure he has to get his head down and put in determined work to improve, but i get the feeling the main reason many of his detractors seem to almost wish bad on him and are seemingly happy at there being some negative turn of events for him clubwise is because of a kind of spitefulness at him because he doesn't score for our national team. Plenty of this animousity towards Kenwyne is kind of jealousy, that says something like, "why did HE make it in England (for numerous reasons people would think he's underserving of this and be jealous of him making it England,much more for in the EPL, and of him making all that money- you all can figure them out) " when others did not, so those people want to see him "put in his place" and dream up and long for different negative scenarios that would fullfill this desire, no matter how exaggerated- to bring them a type of malevolent and small-man fullfillment and joy

Is people like allyuh who was frickin DERIDING Stern John, only to have to eat allyuh words and longingly wish he was in the team when he was out injured and his excellent hold up play was evidently sorely lacking on the on the field. Don't be deriding our players and getting any of allyuh smallminded, vengefull(for his lack of goals for us)  and jealous fullfillment(e.g. i told you all he was shit- everyone else is seeing it now!) out of  things not going too well for them or at hurdles in their careers.

I for one support you Kenwyne, and I can see by looking at the improvement in your first touch this season I can see you're trying to put in work to improve, I still believe you have to push yourself even harder and through doing that you will fullfill your big potential.

In the end I believe things will go well for Kenwyne in his club career. Having  THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORTING YOU instead Deriding you and getting fullfillment and joy in your misfortune, is one of the worst things for any player, and the majority of the times DOES NOT help the player, as confidence and being mentally settled is ESSENTIAL for a player to perform at his highest possible level, and these things dent and chip away at this-so instead of supporters strenghtening these crucial attributes in their players, they do the opposite and chip away at them. There's a big difference between this and critiquing the player.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 06:54:26 PM by Peter »

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »

Thank you trinidog.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »

There's a big difference between this and critiquing the player.
I cosign that...

Thank you trinidog.
:beermug:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 07:14:11 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 02:52:52 AM »
Peter,I think youv'e got people wrong,as you say some people might be jealous but that might be a tiny minority,that sort of thing permeates every society but at the end of the day, everyone wants KJ TO SCORE GOALS.I dont think he had one good match for TT and could be one of the reasons we are out of SA,dont remind me our defence was also school boyish at times.KJ missed sitters from the first match against ES to the last match against the USA,If he is criticised it happens to be a natural re-action.I am sure that he will eventually come good but have to admit to myself,he does not look an EPL player and should have been benched by TT from the second match,we could not have done worse with anybody else.
 KJ is a big boy and he goes down too easily,he seems to lack the ability to shoot in and around the box,he does not hold up the ball well enough and his first touch is not good,he is a good header of the ball.KJ was supposed to be our trump card and by all accounts should have put away sitters against all the teams that we played in the HEX,had he done so we would have still been in with a shout.I certainly hope that if he has to leave Sunderland a good EPL team has him if not a top Championship does,he will come good there is no doubt,he is young and Brazil 2014 beckons,I hope that he would be the scourge of teams by then. 8)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 08:36:23 AM »
Peter,I think youv'e got people wrong,as you say some people might be jealous but that might be a tiny minority,that sort of thing permeates every society but at the end of the day, everyone wants KJ TO SCORE GOALS.I dont think he had one good match for TT and could be one of the reasons we are out of SA,dont remind me our defence was also school boyish at times.KJ missed sitters from the first match against ES to the last match against the USA,If he is criticised it happens to be a natural re-action.I am sure that he will eventually come good but have to admit to myself,he does not look an EPL player and should have been benched by TT from the second match,we could not have done worse with anybody else.
 KJ is a big boy and he goes down too easily,he seems to lack the ability to shoot in and around the box,he does not hold up the ball well enough and his first touch is not good,he is a good header of the ball.KJ was supposed to be our trump card and by all accounts should have put away sitters against all the teams that we played in the HEX,had he done so we would have still been in with a shout.I certainly hope that if he has to leave Sunderland a good EPL team has him if not a top Championship does,he will come good there is no doubt,he is young and Brazil 2014 beckons,I hope that he would be the scourge of teams by then. 8)

I eh agree with yuh dey at all.  It ha plenty people in here (many secretly) happy he got benched despite doing nothing to warrant it.  He is often thought of as "feeling he reach" and having "starboy mentality" so I doubt the people that believe that really want good from him.  I will more easily believe they want see him either falter (maybe temporarily) professionaly or be benched so that he is humbled.  Personally I find that to be a horrid attitude to have for any of our players but some of us aren't really fans of the sport and our players if the national team isn't doing well.  If KJ was bussin the net for us no one would care about his percieved attitude of himself much like how they ignore other national players (who have arguably performed better) and their attitudes.

Peter yuh make some sense fella!

Jai John you talkin some rell emotional outta timin c**tishness!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »

I eh agree with yuh dey at all.  It ha plenty people in here (many secretly) happy he got benched despite doing nothing to warrant it.  He is often thought of as "feeling he reach" and having "starboy mentality" so I doubt the people that believe that really want good from him.  I will more easily believe they want see him either falter (maybe temporarily) professionaly or be benched so that he is humbled.  Personally I find that to be a horrid attitude to have for any of our players but some of us aren't really fans of the sport and our players if the national team isn't doing well.  If KJ was bussin the net for us no one would care about his percieved attitude of himself much like how they ignore other national players (who have arguably performed better) and their attitudes.

You can't say he did nothing to warrant being benched unless you think that S. Bruce has a personal grouse with him.  Campbell got the start last week because KJ was being rested after int'l duty, and Campbell impressed- impressed enough to make the coach feel he deserved to get another look.  If KJ was that dominant a player, he woulda been back on the field this weekend, so his failure to convince Bruce that he deserves to be in the starting XI all else being equal (not being rested), is what he did to deserve being benched.  I eh no KJ hater, but let's be real- whether or not it's his solely his fault, alot of the sentiments expressed about Kenwyne suggest that based on his performances, it's not outrageous to think that a coach would experiment with other players in the interest of improvement.

It's also natural that people would be less concerned with his non-footballing traits if he's doing the business on the field....because people are first and foremost fans of him as a football player...When people criticize his personality it's not because they care about his personality alone- of course not- why would they?  it's because they believe certain non footballing attributes (eg his personality) are negatively affecting his football performance.... because again, that's what football fans are most concerned with....Just because someone criticizes something about him (especially if they believe it impacts his performance) doesn't mean that he/she isn't a true fan...Yuh could argue that a true fan talks his mind (even if they talkin' sh*t  :D )

Like ah say, I eh no KJ hater, I dunno nuttin' about him having a starboy mentality...I try watch all his games hoping to see him rip up, and that will never change..and the truth is, he's a frustrating player to watch sometimes....He's one of those, when he's on he's on...but when he's off, it's that bad it could make yuh cringe.......but he's a big man and a professional in the spotlight, and when he not doing the business he must be prepared to get pong- that's how it is in every sport, and in every culture...and my guess is that KJ could barely give a damn what people write on a msg board or who on a msg board secretly want him tuh get bench... if it matters that much to him, he better harden his belly or improve his game 'cause it eh go get no better..... no matter how much allyuh repeatedly rush to his defense as soon as someone criticizes him.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 09:32:20 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 09:43:29 AM »

Problem with Jones is his mobility, which is not really surprising, given his size. I saw a number of threads unfairly comparing Jones with Didier Drogba. In fact, if you are going to compare Jones with big players in the league, he should be compared with guys like Emile Hesky, John Carew, Marlon Harewood etc. while Drogba is a big guy, he certainly is more mobile than Jones. He also brings alot more to the table in terms of dead ball situations.

Jones probably can average 10-15 goals per season at a team like Villa or Everton. Not sure he would do well at any of the consistent top 5 teams, simply because of the mobility and dead ball factor.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 10:10:15 AM »

You can't say he did nothing to warrant being benched unless you think that S. Bruce has a personal grouse with him.  Campbell got the start last week because KJ was being rested after int'l duty, and Campbell impressed- impressed enough to make the coach feel he deserved to get another look.  If KJ was that dominant a player, he woulda been back on the field this weekend, so his failure to convince Bruce that he deserves to be in the starting XI all else being equal (not being rested), is what he did to deserve being benched.  I eh no KJ hater, but let's be real- whether or not it's his solely his fault, alot of the sentiments expressed about Kenwyne suggest that based on his performances, it's not outrageous to think that a coach would experiment with other players in the interest of improvement.

It's also natural that people would be less concerned with his non-footballing traits if he's doing the business on the field....because people are first and foremost fans of him as a football player...When people criticize his personality it's not because they care about his personality alone- of course not- why would they?  it's because they believe certain non footballing attributes (eg his personality) are negatively affecting his football performance.... because again, that's what football fans are most concerned with....Just because someone criticizes something about him (especially if they believe it impacts his performance) doesn't mean that he/she isn't a true fan...Yuh could argue that a true fan talks his mind (even if they talkin' sh*t  :D )

Like ah say, I eh no KJ hater, I dunno nuttin' about him having a starboy mentality...I try watch all his games hoping to see him rip up, and that will never change..and the truth is, he's a frustrating player to watch sometimes....He's one of those, when he's on he's on...but when he's off, it's that bad it could make yuh cringe.......but he's a big man and a professional in the spotlight, and when he not doing the business he must be prepared to get pong- that's how it is in every sport, and in every culture...and my guess is that KJ could barely give a damn what people write on a msg board or who on a msg board secretly want him tuh get bench... if it matters that much to him, he better harden his belly or improve his game 'cause it eh go get no better..... no matter how much allyuh repeatedly rush to his defense as soon as someone criticizes him.

Before departing for international duty he was playing well with Bent and both were scoring goals.  Bent is still scoring, Campbell and Jones no longer are.  Resting KJ last week made sense considered he arrived in the morning of the game from such a long travel.  True Cambpell looked good last week but again, that was against Hull City.  How good did he look this week against Burnley?  When I said last week that Bruce would be an ass to do so against Burnley some probably thought I was crazy but Burnley is on an overacheivin high right now not very different from Hull last year around this time.  Having KJ come off the bench this weekend shows that he either favors Campbell, cant keep perspective (since he impressed against Hull, not too difficult these days) or doesn't really appreciate Jones.  usually an incumbent has to perform terribly or the bench player has shown the ability to play far better than the starter to warrant a shift in startin XI.  So with that I am willing to believe that Bruce' affection for english players might be a motivational factor here.  Based on what was displayed on the field in their first 4 games, I (from my limited vantage point) can't see what KJ did to warrant being benched.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:13:14 AM by Flickin Killa a/k/a Mad Scorpion »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 10:21:45 AM »

Problem with Jones is his mobility, which is not really surprising, given his size. I saw a number of threads unfairly comparing Jones with Didier Drogba. In fact, if you are going to compare Jones with big players in the league, he should be compared with guys like Emile Hesky, John Carew, Marlon Harewood etc. while Drogba is a big guy, he certainly is more mobile than Jones. He also brings alot more to the table in terms of dead ball situations.

Jones probably can average 10-15 goals per season at a team like Villa or Everton. Not sure he would do well at any of the consistent top 5 teams, simply because of the mobility and dead ball factor.

You made some sense but still talk plenty rubbish fella, Jones has less dribbling abilities that Drogba, his deadball abilities are unknown as of right now.  Mobility?  U must be crazy, KJ runs like a gazelle.  I doubt Drobga could catch KJ in a sprint too the ball from a dead stop (but that is conjecture anyway).  Drogba is effective at using all of his footballing attributes while many see KJ as yet fulfilled as far as his potential go.  Carew would be a sensible comparison, Heskey in certain respects but his finishin is even more attrocious than KJ's.  If he starts consistently he can average 15-20 and at a big team where he'd get better opportunities he could net 20-25.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 11:24:09 AM »
I wonder if some folks believe that the Sunderland coach hates KJ ? Why would you shoot yourself in the foot ? If KJ was doing half of the things he was supposed to this thread would not have existed. Who is being emotional here ? KJ was compared to Drogba not so long ago ....where is he now ? No such comparisons can be made today ...so is he getting better ?
Why is it when the facts are placed before some people they cant face them ? This is no I hate KJ tirade ...I wish he could realise the dream we all have for him ..but he is getting older and not getting better , going from scorer to starter and now bencher ...man kyah see the writing if he eh do something quick ?
Is second division that he facing ...if he cant improve ...The Premier league doh remember last year or the year before ...they only deal with the now ...is not only KJ many players have lost favour the year after a good season ....this is professional football ...it eh have room to give yuh pardner a penalty to help him boost his confidence or not retitrng a player who has served us well but who is way past his best .
Many peeps does go on sentiment and make all kinda claims bout people who see things differently . Who will argue that KJ's best performences have been in the past ??
Look at what happend to Carlos , Lawrence, Andrews, ..and right after they were acclaimed the previous season ...
Face facts ...in football is shape up or ship out ....you eh go be 24 all yuh life ..the time to shine is now ..if not you will get shined !

1]; } ?>